Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick (35292 Views)

House Of Reps Approve Buhari’s Request For $5.8bn Loan, $10m Grant / FCC: Reps Kick Against Buhari’s Appointment Of 2 Northerners As Chairman, Secret / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Sunnyja: 5:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:
I wouldn't support this loan if this government have at least, 80 percent of the revenue the previous government had.

Add all the recoveries, loans and taxes, Buhari would still be at least 200 billion dollars behind Jonathan.

If oil was selling at seventy dollars and a certain government was taking billions of loans to pay salaries, is it now that it's 30 dollars that we shouldn't take loans? Will Buhari pay for all these gigantic projects with his military pension?

Please, anyone that cannot counter these with facts should not quote me, my mood is so bad I could curse anyone who mention me with shallow logic.

Why can't you just remember that OBJ met crude oil at less than18dollars per barrel with lower volume of production because of the militancy in the Niger Delta then yet he didn't borrow away our future.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Shezkid01(m): 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
Let’s this country break before 2023
Femi and senate president are Mad
Ask buhari about the Chinese loan and others
Keep borrowing
Do Nigeria gov think oil will still sell after covid
When European countries are now producing electric cars
Trillions of debt.. I can’t even point out one big infrastructure in this country
2 Niger bridge since 2015
No refineries promised by this failed Buhari
They are looting money for the north still they are the poorest in this country
I see Yugoslavia incident in Nigeria ASAP
We can’t continue like this

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by ogelekpomgam(m): 5:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Explain how he turned the so-called 3rd fastest growing economy to whatever in 4yrs?
Shhhhhhhh.......
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by ogelekpomgam(m): 5:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
Golan007:

Don't be stupid.

You would continue to repeat the cycle of continuing to resist loans then come around to ask for yours.

I've never met people as dumb .
Ssssssshhhhhhh.......up
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by ofiko123(m): 5:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
Buhari is just plundering Nigeria deep into debt..
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by mofebosola(m): 5:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
This idea of taking all manner of loans is a parochial lazy man's approach. And it is tantamount to postponing the evil day. What reasonable and patrotic leaders would do in this kibd of situation will be to look inward first. Then having taken a series of belt tightening procedures among themselves, then they can call on the masses to do same. And no doubt the masses will gladly follow a good exaple being laid by those in authority. It's after that that loan becomes the last option - certainly not the first especially on an already loan stressed economy.
Part of the steps could be selling off some of the aircrafts in the over bloated presidential fleet. Also, the much touted jumbo pays (salaries abd allowances) of the executive and legislative arms of government should be shelved
Then the luxuries of both executive and legislative arms of retinue of officialdom at public functions should also be curbed. When they have done these, then the masses will willingly submit to belt tightening procedures. Not this one that they are accumulating debts for our children and children's children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
coputa:
Nigeria greatest problem is the business men that represent us in the parliament. Their major interest is what they will gain.
And their supporters mostly...if these greedy thieves were half as useful as the p in psychology nigeria would have been miles ahead.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by BlackfireX: 5:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:
shocked

The only job the NASS has been doing diligently is receiving loan requests from buhari and approving same without due scrutiny and proper laid down procedure.

The day of reckoning shall one day come.

Well, I have took buhari as my president. Never!

I thought they said saraki was the problem... chai APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by ogelekpomgam(m): 5:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
Afamed:

The SE didn't resist the previous govt when crude was above $110 and same govt was borrowing to pay salary? The hypocrite in you.
Condenm what is wrong and stop being a chameleon.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ogbuu101:
When the history of this country will be written,the SE will hold their head up high as the ppl who did their best to resist the worst govt ever and who were not among the govt that turned d 3rd fastest growing economy to d poverty capital of the world in less than 4yrs.

It depends on who is writing the history. Others may say the SE are the ones who upended our collective development in 1966, unwittingly resulting in central (Northern) control of regional resources and revenues which is the genesis of our stagnation and underdevelopment.

Some would say the the misadventures of the SE in 1966 and 1967 is the reason we were saddled with a constitution designed not for economic progress but primarily for political control.

If there was no coup and there was no civil war, there would be no 36 states, the North would be developing their minerals and agric to compete with the south, there would be no quota system. SE would control Nigeria’s oil and the west would develop with agric and industry.

If there was no coup and no civil war we wouldn’t have a situation where northerners illegally mine their minerals and pocket it because they can spend oil money from the SS. If there was no coup, northerners would be in a mad rush to send their kids to school instead of breeding them like rats for elections.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by BreconHills(m): 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:
I wouldn't support this loan if this government have at least, 80 percent of the revenue the previous government had.

Add all the recoveries, loans and taxes, Buhari would still be at least 200 billion dollars behind Jonathan.

If oil was selling at seventy dollars and a certain government was taking billions of loans to pay salaries, is it now that it's 30 dollars that we shouldn't take loans? Will Buhari pay for all these gigantic projects with his military pension?

Please, anyone that cannot counter these with facts should not quote me, my mood is so bad I could curse anyone who mention me with shallow logic.

Bros the loans are low interest loans and it doesn't take a genius to explain that we have 40% of our population under 14. In the absence of export proceeds and an annual deterioration on the naira of at least 7% per annum, The only way to create a future for Nigeria's emerging generation is massive infrastructure builds. Nigeria has to purchase its growth, it cannot save towards growth - that train left the station many years ago.

Its a no brainer.

Not everyone can raise these concessional interest loans at this time - lenders are not stupid and this is why there is a mad rush for Nigerian bonds. If people feel you çant repay nobody will give you money. The decision to stop the fuel subsidy will provide $21bn in 12 months, the expected sale of some national assets will also provide relief. Import substitution is doing well. What is not to like? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-21/record-deficit-fails-to-dent-nigerian-bonds-outperforming-africa

Will part of this money be misapplied? Yes. In spite of this, is it still a good decision? Capital YES!

Many people think that decisions and life are black and white, right and wrong. In fact they are shades of grey and those shades dictate that in the present circumstances Nigeria MUST take concessional loans.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by namdo(m): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
The next President will have plenty head ache solving loan issues. Nigeria in huge depth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by ikeyman00(m): 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
Only in the zoo the boko harem agent will be telling us rubbish as always and they believe we are animals like them

They claimed Dead BUBu has recovered so much stolen fund right?

They claimed Bubu has blocked all the leakages so there would not be easy way to loot

These were superseded by the so called sophisticated Intelligentsia afonja clan

Now if there is massive looting under rather foolish Jonathan and massive less leakage under dead Bubu can these people for once accept Bubu is ole and onyeshi thief

ndi ara. The zoo is dead anyway and wait when people start to drink garri and dried fish
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by 3Ceagle(m): 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
Who will pay for these loans and when. I am beginning to think that we have hope for debt forgiveness. Father accumulating debt for the children. Suppose Nigeria breaks up who will pay the debt, may be any people that continues to bear Nigeria.
If this government is wise, internal production and consumption should have been our priority,
It should be practical solutions for sme and the informal sector. Provide functional security, power and policies to encourage entrepreneurship, import dependent that we are now. It should be like Trump, make Nigeria great.
Let them keep borrowing outside and don't mess with our pension fund.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
grin
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Ogbuu101: 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
isthatso:

It depends on who is writing the history. Others may say the SE are the ones who upended our collective development in 1966, unwittingly resulting in central (Northern) control of regional resources and revenues which is the genesis of our stagnation and underdevelopment.

Some would say the the misadventures of the SE in 1966 and 1967 is the reason we were saddled with a constitution designed not for economic progress but primarily for political control.

If there was no coup and there was no civil war, there would be no 36 states, the North would be developing their minerals to compete with the south, there would be no quota system. SE would control Nigeria’s oil and the west would develop with agric and industry.

If there was no coup and no civil war we wouldn’t have a situation where northerners illegally mine their minerals and pocket it because they can spend oil money from the SS. If there was no coup, northerners would be in a mad rush to send their kids to school instead of breeding them like rats for elections.
Just listen to yourself.
And more than 50yrs after,nobody can do anything about it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Wettoid123: 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by vioment: 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
Of course, almajiri nation.

No continent begs more than Africa.

The worst part is that Nigeria begs the most. We beg to be called the giant. A very foolish giant at that.

While nations were filling their gaps, we sit around begging. A very disgraceful continent I tell you.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by OKTolu: 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
I know they will approve it,by the way na chop I chop government dem dey na
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by DexterousOne(m): 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
Afamed:

The SE didn't resist the previous govt when crude was above $110 and same govt was borrowing to pay salary? The hypocrite in you.

Spreading lies

At what point in Jonathan presidency was oil really sold at $110?

$22.7b borrowed for a country

No tangible project for the south east

And there is widespread approval for this wickedness

No protests, nothing

But the same people protest and shout against institutional racism in America

Just like the day of reckoning has come for the USA

The day of reckoning will also come for Nigeria too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Just listen to yourself.
And more than 50yrs after,nobody can do anything about it?

What can you do? Do they not outnumber us in the senate and house of assembly?

You listen to yourself, The same mistakes your fathers made is what you are making.

We are all checkmated by the grandmasters of politics and there is nothing we can do about it till the system they created to checkmate the SE eventually consumes them too. Unfortunately their social structure is designed for this type of mass poverty so the pain will be long.

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Okoroawusa: 6:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
kokakola:
The highest hierarchy of power in our dear nation are getting it all wrong on a daily basis. There's no performance, no direction, no connection with the masses, there's serious lopsidedness in all areas of governance and above all, 98% of "their" policies are dangerous to our dear nation.
What do I say to a person that is of the opinion that his life has no performance,no direction,no connection?

mmm....I am thinking...
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by DexterousOne(m): 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
ogelekpomgam:

Condenm what is wrong and stop being a chameleon.

Dont mind these people.

When the chicken come home to roost
They will wish they did not look at things through an ethno religious parochial lens
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Ajixegun: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
I think Nigeria has been sold, FG is just collecting the money bit by bit in form of loans.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by DexterousOne(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
saaron:
Loan by Fulani regime for Fulani northern progress and development. After which the loan will be repaid by Southern Nigerians.
Indeed Southern Nigerians are the biggest fools on earth!
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

Most of the projects go to the north

Most of the money will be paid off by the south

And many in the south due to ethnic chauvinism do not see what's wrong here?

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by moriss33(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
Would you blame them for trying to leave a failed marriage?
isthatso:

If there was no coup and there was no civil war, there would be no 36 states, the North would be developing their minerals and agric to compete with the south, there would be no quota system. SE would control Nigeria’s oil and the west would develop with agric and industry.

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
namdo:
Nigeria in huge depth.

Clearly!

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by felixomor: 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
Buhari loot will surpass Abacha loot.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Lastmankc(m): 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
BlackfireX:

I thought they said saraki was the problem... chai APC
Just because saraki is not rubber stamp like this fat pig in the Senate.

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Congrats321(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
The govt that borrowed to pay salaries built 12 universities built 165 almajiri schools abuja railway made the airports world class made Nigeria third fastest growing economy in the world according to CNN money

Afamed:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies / US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.