Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick (35321 Views)

House Of Reps Approve Buhari’s Request For $5.8bn Loan, $10m Grant / FCC: Reps Kick Against Buhari’s Appointment Of 2 Northerners As Chairman, Secret / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by hammerpP: 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
[s]
Taye4j:

I actually quoted someone who started the tribal shit. Hope you saw that before you decided to jump on my thread with numerous quotes - except if you have decided to use your selective memory.

Check all my posts, I don't start tribal shit here unless some idiots from your side decides to go mad by calling Yorubas names. We will equally give it to them 'as e dey hot'

Call me a tribalist as much as you can, I don't give a shit. Maybe you should start by putting those brainless zombies on leash before you have the gut to come for me.

And pls, quote me when you have something new or important, and not this same repetition of yours.
[/s]

U QUOTED ME FIRST AND DISTURBED MY MENTION, AND I HAVE OBLIDGE U.

NOW U ARE ON THE RUN.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

GUDNITE BOY....
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by hammerpP: 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
THIS IS A NORTHERN LOAN IN NIGERIA NAME.

AND BUHARI WILL STILL THIEF FROM IT.

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Taye4j: 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
hammerpP:
[s][/s]

U QUOTED ME FIRST AND DISTURBED MY MENTION, AND I HAVE OBLIDGE U.

NOW U ARE ON THE RUN.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

GUD NITE BOY....

I can see you are one of those brainless idiots, I actually thought I was speaking to someone sensible enough, didn't know it was a Zombie.

Abeg, go and suck your mother's breast. I won't reply you again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by frog12: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
dont worry, the loan will pay salaries of dpr staffs.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by hammerpP: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
Taye4j:

I can see you are one of those brainless idiots, I actually thought I was speaking to someone sensible enough, didn't know it was a Zombie.

Abeg, go and suck your mother's breast. I won't reply you again.

AAAAAAHHHHH!

BITCH CHECKED THE LIST AND DIDNT SEE ANYTHING FOR SW AFTERALL, EXCEPT ONE WAY TRAIN TO ALMAJIRI LAND.

1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by flyingpig: 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
Corporate2020:

None. Politics is investment. You invest your votes and reap infrastructure. You voted for Goatluck Jonaddaft and Atikuchukwu, you can go and meet them for your projects. Have some shame, stop begging your enemies for food.

You are very shameless.

I don't blame you, democracy is alien to your kind.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by flyingpig: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
Corporate2020:

But, we will all pay the loans.

Nope, oil from the south south will be used to pay the loans

You forget too quick the main financer of Nigeria's revenue and debt repayments.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Taye4j: 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
hammerpP:

AAAAAAHHHHH!

BITCH CHECKED THE LIST AND DIDNT SEE ANYTHING FOR SW AFTERALL, EXCEPT ONE WAY TRAIN TO ALMAJIRI LAND.

So all this while you knew there's a one way train there and you were doing hide and seek. You are the fool of the millennium and everybody can actually confirm that now.

Sunre o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by hammerpP: 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Taye4j:

So all this while you knew there's a one way train there and you were doing hide and seek. You are the fool of the millennium and everybody can actually confirm that now.

Sunre o

IF U CAN READ, U WILL SEE WHERE I EXCLUDED THAT IN THE FIRST QUESTION THAT I ASKED U.

hammerpP:

NNAMDI KANU SAID, THE YORUBA MAN GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT IS TO BE IN A BETTER POSITION THAN THE IGBO MAN.

SEE THE NONSENSE YOU ARE SUPPORTING BECAUSE SE IS EXCLUDED.

AS LONG AS IGBO IS IN WORST POSITION YOU ARE HAPPY.

YET, WEN WE TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE LOAN, ALL OF IT IS FOR THE NORTH.

AREAS THE NORTH IS LACKING AND WANT TO DEVELOP.

EVEN THE RAILWAY IS FOR THE NORTH COLLECTING CARGO FROM LAGOS AND BRING THEIR ALMAJIRI.

DAFT READ!
Kaduna State Development Policy (DPO)(Renamed Kaduna State Economic Transformation Programme-for-result) – $350,000,000; Rehabilitation and Reconstruction of Infrastructure, Livelihood, Food Security and Recovery (Renamed Multi-sectoral Crises Recovery)- $200,000,000 and Regional Disease Surveillance System Enhancement Project in West Africa – $90,000,000.

The African Development Bank is expected to finance 10 projects to the tune of $1.88 billion, which include Rural Water Supply and Sanitation- $150,000,000; Agriculture Transformation Agenda Support Project 11 (ATASP) – $200,000,000; Staple Crops Processing Zones (SCPZs) – $500,000,000; Institutional Strengthening and implementation of Policy Reforms – $33,750,000 and Emergency Road Rehabilitation Maintenance – $434,700,000.

Other projects to be financed by the bank are: Development Finance Project co-finaced by IDS – $500 million, AFD – $130 million, AfDB – $400 million, AFF- $50 million, KFW – $200 million ($450,000,000); Lake Chad Basin Commission -$13,000,000; Integrated Programme for Development and Adaptation to climate change in the Niger Basin – $6,000,000; Abdijan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development Study – $1,500,000 and North-east Nigeria Integrated Social Protection, Basic Health, Education, Nutrition Service Livelihood – $100,000,000.

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by JAMO84: 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
BananaPeel:
Only a bad workman complain of his tools. Ask those who were of age in Buhari's first shot at the helms of affair as a head of state how he failed. You people don't know history. You little children of now adays come to social media to spew balderdash.
Give Buhari 1 trillion dollar and you will still get a bad president. He knows nothing about 20th and 21st century governance. He belongs to the 18th century
Didn't you see where I warned that shallow minds should stay away from my mention?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Taye4j: 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
hammerpP:

IF U CAN READ, U WILL SEE WHERE I EXCLUDED THAT IN THE FIRST QUESTION THAT I ASKED U.

DAFT READ!

So why were you asking me what Yorubas stand to gain? You are an agent of confusion and someone with low self esteem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by hammerpP: 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
Taye4j:

So why were you asking me what Yorubas stand to gain? You are an agent of confusion and someone with low self esteem.

THREAD PUSHER, I READ AND MOVE ON, I AM JUST ABOUT DONE HERE.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Taye4j: 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
hammerpP:

THREAD PUSHER, I READ AND MOVE ON, I AM JUST ABOUT DONE HERE.

Now that you've been busted, shame on you !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by JAMO84: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
SoNature:

It only takes an idiot to defend Buhari

If only u know how Nigerian politicians see you, you will commit suicide the next day you read your post on Nairaland

If you are not a direct beneficiary of this government, you have no business defending it

Buhari knows what to do today fix this country, but he doesn't want to do it because he doesn't care

Nigeria is a hopeless country
I have no tolerance for street touts and manner less Wailers

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by BreconHills(m): 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2020
[quote author=VeeVeeMyLuv post=90245584] you certainly have a strong case judging from your argument that contains concrete facts and figures.

These statistics are absolutely more than
enough justification for the loan.

You asked on the basis of what? I say on the basis of fiscal irresponsibility. People even fear they might divert the fund for the purpose of destruction business. Unless there is a solid system in a place to hold them accountable, they will keep pouring water into a basket/broken

The low interest rate comes at the cost of scrutiny. Some of these loans have milestone or stage by stage payments. We are right to be distrustful but we have no real choice - we are out of options. I have a goodish feeling though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by mindtricks: 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
Macphenson:
Buhari has vowed that he must wreck Nigeria before he leaves by 2023.

The annoying part of it is that he is finding useful idiots like Femi Gbajiabiamila and Ahmed Lawan to perpetuate his evil act .

Shouldn't they have ask him to account for all the money he has borrowed so far?

Which projects have they gone into?

They keep approving him borrowing away the future of generations yet unborn.

Have they really asked him to show us how these loans will be repaid?

He fully implemented TSA, increased custom duty, introduced POS charges, stamp duty , increased VAT to 7.5,.

What is Buhari doing with all these money, ?

Buhari is a disaster and a virus more disasterous than Corona..

Buhari is not qualified to be a Whatsapp administrator yet Tinibu because of his selfish reason foisted him on hapless Nigerians.

The people get the leaders they deserve.
Abi the people deserve the leaders they get.
Really wonder we'll get out of this mess.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Tunar18(m): 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
You will not die young.

However, let me disappoint you. Only a few people on this thread understand your points or even the topic of discussion itself.

You will find them everywhere. They just jump on thread without any concrete understanding of the subject matter. The moment they noticed the word LOAN, many of them turned to keyboard warriors, yet arguing with zero understanding of the Issue.

Even the lawmakers aren't fighting to stop the borrowing but for reasonable spread of projects. Yet, dem nairaland politicians are already crying about the loan. Leaving the bone of contention.

It's a pity! I will quote Bubu again 'A lot of Nigerians are lazy intellectually'
BreconHills:

On what basis do you find it difficult?
1. The population data of 40% of the population being U14?
2. Population growth rate of 3.5% p.a?
3. The infrastructure gap of $31bn that is holding back Nigeria's young people?
4. The fact that concessional borrowing is the only way we are going to finance this based on the reality of low oil prices?
5. The fact that foreign bond holders have much better statistics and data than most of us have basically voted that Nigerias loans are a good idea and that there is sufficient headroom for repayments?
6. Or is it the fact that Nigeria unlike many western countries has never defaulted on debt obligations?
7. Or the fact that if we are to save our way out of this, we will basically be saying bye bye to anyone over 10 years old?

Which of these 7 things are you struggling with? Look I get it - you don't trust the government, maybe you don't even like them ' but heck bud, you don't have a lot of choice right now. You are in the same position as a passenger in a plane at 30,000 feet who decides he doesn't like the pilot and he wants to get off!

I said on this same platform some months ago when dome people were rejoicing when the senate was having a fit over these loans and I said both houses have NO choice but to approve them. That's the reality and we need to live by them. The only thing we can do is hold them to account. But loan or no? That question is irrelevant now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by chaloskyx: 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
come on buhari yes they did not support you but for you to assume the position of president you should at least be responsible to the people you govern. a good leader would even execute more projects there to change the mindset of the east over apc and the north and try to mend fences but no you want to deal with them its okay your 4 years would soon be up

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Sunnyja: 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
BreconHills:

On what basis do you find it difficult?
1. The population data of 40% of the population being U14?
2. Population growth rate of 3.5% p.a?
3. The infrastructure gap of $31bn that is holding back Nigeria's young people?
4. The fact that concessional borrowing is the only way we are going to finance this based on the reality of low oil prices?
5. The fact that foreign bond holders have much better statistics and data than most of us have basically voted that Nigerias loans are a good idea and that there is sufficient headroom for repayments?
6. Or is it the fact that Nigeria unlike many western countries has never defaulted on debt obligations?
7. Or the fact that if we are to save our way out of this, we will basically be saying bye bye to anyone over 10 years old?

Which of these 7 things are you struggling with? Look I get it - you don't trust the government, maybe you don't even like them ' but heck bud, you don't have a lot of choice right now. You are in the same position as a passenger in a plane at 30,000 feet who decides he doesn't like the pilot and he wants to get off!

I said on this same platform some months ago when dome people were rejoicing when the senate was having a fit over these loans and I said both houses have NO choice but to approve them. That's the reality and we need to live by them. The only thing we can do is hold them to account. But loan or no? That question is irrelevant now.
This analysis brings us to square one. Why can't we just cut the cost of governance. A country that is on $31B infrastructural deficit is splashing 25% of her national budget on less 500 people in the national Assembly and you are talking about holding them accountable. Even PMB sees nothing wrong with this ostentatious life style. Like some already said here, 2021they will start moving cash around for elections, all projects we be finally grounded until next government comes. What then did we really benefited from the loans?
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
[quote author=BreconHills post=90246427][/quote]okay, let hope for the best
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Grovemaster: 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
maupe:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/395758-just-in-reps-approve-buharis-22-7-billion-loan-request.html
Shame to every member of the house of rep.from the south East. I know this's very difficult for us to swallow but forward we move..we were able to overcome 5 pounds given to our parents,abandoned properties and all the whole atrocities, check us out in the next 5 years.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by phantom24: 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:
I wouldn't support this loan if this government have at least, 80 percent of the revenue the previous government had.

Add all the recoveries, loans and taxes, Buhari would still be at least 200 billion dollars behind Jonathan.

If oil was selling at seventy dollars and a certain government was taking billions of loans to pay salaries, is it now that it's 30 dollars that we shouldn't take loans? Will Buhari pay for all these gigantic projects with his military pension?

Please, anyone that cannot counter these with facts should not quote me, my mood is so bad I could curse anyone who mention me with shallow logic.

is oil d only mineral resource in d country? Why can't they diversify d economy ?
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by delvzy(m): 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
We need to start questioning the arms of govt on this diabolical act they're taking. Loans here and there without any visible outcome is the biggest scam of all.
The worst of it all is that the party claiming to curb corruption is even deadlier itself.

Almighty God would surely make us to overcome these disgrace to creation.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by gideonvalor98(m): 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
Smithwesson7:

It is instances like this that requires ingenious and creative ideas.
A man who's salary was slashed from 70k to 30k does not go on a loan spree. That is foolishness and amounts to suicide. He looks for ways to create new streams of income.
There are easy drain holes in this countries that needs to be plugged.
All these estscodes, jumbo allowances and salaries., foreign trips, renovations, car allowances, large presidential jets etc.

There are so many ways this country is frittering scsrce resources away.
Buhari and his team are clueless

I don't know you have brain o...so you have this kind of sense and you cannot advice Jonathan and his cronies to save for the rain day...when all of you from southeast are sharing the treasury prior to 2015 election, so tey una deplit the foreign reserve and all you no know abi? You for call your people na to dey crate streams of income...see him mouth like river shioor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by udemzyudex(m): 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
Afamed:

The SE didn't resist the previous govt when crude was above $110 and same govt was borrowing to pay salary?
PMB is borrowing to put more infrastructures in place not borrowing to pay Salary even when crude is now$30 par barrel
US as of today has borrowed up till $24.7trillion
The hypocrite in you.

Useless post, why did we have a change in government then if this useless one will continue to borrow to fund nonsense?

Infrastructure my foot, how many have you seen?
Keep defending nonsense.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by gideonvalor98(m): 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
delvzy:
We need to start questioning the arms of govt on this diabolical act they're taking. Loans here and there without any visible outcome is the biggest scam of all.
The worst of it all is that the party claiming to curb corruption is even deadlier itself.

Almighty God would surely make us to overcome these disgrace to creation.
Which year den born you sef? Be like you still dey your mother womb when Jonathan was the president abi? You southeast dey enjoy the money una dey share then na...that's why you dey regret say your Mr ATM no dey again. Na wail go kill all of una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by gideonvalor98(m): 9:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
udemzyudex:

Useless post, why did we have a change in government then if this useless one will continue to borrow to fund nonsense?

Infrastructure my foot, how many have you seen?
Keep defending nonsense.
Why he no go borrow, shebi Nigeria go use una family wealth ba? No be wetin you want Nigeria turn to you dey see so. Money-slave people...go there and be looting na. If you get sensible thing to talk, you better go they sell you okrika

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? / Oyo Dry Port: Seyi Makinde Inspects Ongoing Construction At The Site - Photos / Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.