Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick (35344 Views)

House Of Reps Approve Buhari’s Request For $5.8bn Loan, $10m Grant / FCC: Reps Kick Against Buhari’s Appointment Of 2 Northerners As Chairman, Secret / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by oneman2k7: 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nigeria is doom with the calibre of present politicians occupying the hallow chamber. 77 percent of all our earnings will go to service debt. Bubu is a curse that should have been avoided
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Taye4j: 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Lolz.Are you doing better than any eastern person?
Na your brothers de loot bread van just 5 days into a lockdown.
One million boys ooo,awawa boys oo

What about your people that were queueing to get wheel barrow and kerosene

We know your region is infested with Kidnapping, child factory, cultism, internet fraud etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by hammerpP: 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
[s]
Taye4j:

What about your people that were queueing to get wheel barrow and kerosene

We know your region is infested with Kidnapping, child factory, cultism, internet fraud etc.
[/s]

PLEASE, I AM STILL WAITING FOR U TO SHOW ME WHERE SW EXCLUSIVELY BENEFITTED.

IF U ARE SUPPORTING THIS, AS U HAVE SUPPORTED EVERYTHING ELSE, ATTACKING EVERYBODY LIKE A RABIES DOG, U SHOULD HAVE ALL THE FACTS TO EDUCATE US.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
Lol!
Borrow-loot-president

Useless country!

COST OF PRODUCTION OF OIL BY COUNTRY per barrel.

> RUSSIA $3
>SAUDI ARABIA 4$
>ANGOLA (our neighbor) 8$

>NIGERIA $21

many people dey to settle both foreign and local
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
Can this man be impeached by God because we are no long safe in this country. Hunger is looming and recession is at the corner. Who we offend for this country

If not for Saraki this man for borrow the first four years full but Saraki became his enemy and we thought that Saraki was really the enemy. See now
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ogbuu101:
When the history of this country will be written,the SE will hold their head up high as the ppl who did their best to resist the worst govt ever and who were not among the govt that turned d 3rd fastest growing economy to d poverty capital of the world in less than 4yrs.
Educate yourself on why we need the loan. Stop spewing ignorance. Kids are reading. Rather than criticise the loan ask what would will be done with it, that's the issue not that sentimental SE bullshit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ogbuu101:
When the history of this country will be written,the SE will hold their head up high as the ppl who did their best to resist the worst govt ever and who were not among the govt that turned d 3rd fastest growing economy to d poverty capital of the world in less than 4yrs.
Educate yourself on why we need the loan. Stop spewing ignorance. Kids are reading. Rather than criticise the loan ask what would be done with it and hold them accountable, that's the issue not that sentimental SE bullshit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by ud4u: 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
Joke of a country
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Smilingjuhn(m): 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
Buhari and his Northern Brothers are doing well to ensure their people and generations yet unborn don't suffer in the hand of which ever region takes over power in the future.

I like the Northerners. They are smart and always think about the future and make plans for it unlike our useless southern brothers who don't care about their neighbours and region but care about how they can loot the govt, satisfy their immediate families and take our monies outside Nigeria for their businesses.

Gbajamiala is a disgrace to Southerners!
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
Corporate2020:

Oil is tending towards $0. Very soon, you will be hawking your oyel in Lagos holdups and drinking the rest.
you are very
insensitive, full of hatred and bitterness,

Look at the matter critically, which region do you think has benefited the most from oil resources and proceeds since the drilling of oil began in the 1950s,

It is not even the Niger delta people, it is some other region that have benefited the most, those where individuals own the most oil wells.

According to your post, I believe the region that exploited the crude oil the most are the ones who deserves to drink the oil, when it has totally lost value.

Maybe u have to be reminded that it took decades of millitancy and struggle before 13% derivation was eventually granted

U certainly know what those region are!

I went through your posts, they are all filled with insults, no decency, no diplomacy.
Don't reply me, I will not reply you back, your type are one of reasons why America is currently embroiled in widespread protest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
madridsta007:

I think you should ask Beau Harry... )
I am sure you know this.

Meanwhile, it seems it is now Ethiopia...
You're restating the same thing.
This is not an explanation.

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Smilingjuhn(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
TheManhattan:

Educate yourself on why we need the loan. Stop spewing ignorance. Kids are reading. Rather than criticise the loan ask what would be done with it and hold them accountable, that's the issue not that sentimental SE bullshit.
Which education do we need? If the govt can not come out pop and plain to tell Nigerians in details what they have done (which we cant see since 2016 especially the railway project) with previous monies borrowed, why do we need to know from them what they need the money for?
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Kingspin(m): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2020
The mumu loud speaker will hurry to pass the loan despite knowledge of exclusion.

Tomorrow when is killed in the US down here they are the first to call racism
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Taye4j: 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
hammerpP:
[s][/s]

PLEASE, I AM STILL WAITING FOR U TO SHOW ME WHERE SW EXCLUSIVELY BENEFITTED.

IF U ARE SUPPORTING THIS, AS U HAVE SUPPORTED EVERYTHING ELSE, ATTACKING EVERYBODY LIKE A RABIES DOG, U SHOULD HAVE ALL THE FACTS TO EDUCATE US.

I don't know why Igbos are wailing, you decided to vote for PDP and Atikuchukwu. Now you want the dividend of Democracy from APC and Buhari - who does that !

What Yorubas see while sitting down, Igbos will never see even if they go to the top of Kilimanjaro.

Wait o, but you guys said you are not part of Nigeria and Nigeria is a zoo. Why give yourself an heartache over what does not concern you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by hammerpP: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
Taye4j:

I don't know why Igbos are wailing, you decided to vote for PDP and Atikuchukwu. Now you want the dividend of Democracy from APC and Buhari - who does that !

What Yorubas see while sitting down, Igbos will never see even if they go to the top of Kilimanjaro.

Wait o, but you guys said you are not part of Nigeria and Nigeria is a zoo. Why give yourself an heartache over what does not concern you.

PLEASE, JUST SHOW ME WAT I ASKED U.

U ARE THE PERSON ATTACKING PEOPLE HERE AND I WANT TO KNOW WAT SW IS GAINING
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by kaywhy09(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
Its all about them
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by BananaPeel(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:
I wouldn't support this loan if this government have at least, 80 percent of the revenue the previous government had.

Add all the recoveries, loans and taxes, Buhari would still be at least 200 billion dollars behind Jonathan.

If oil was selling at seventy dollars and a certain government was taking billions of loans to pay salaries, is it now that it's 30 dollars that we shouldn't take loans? Will Buhari pay for all these gigantic projects with his military pension?

Please, anyone that cannot counter these with facts should not quote me, my mood is so bad I could curse anyone who mention me with shallow logic.

Only a bad workman complain of his tools. Ask those who were of age in Buhari's first shot at the helms of affair as a head of state how he failed. You people don't know history. You little children of now adays come to social media to spew balderdash.
Give Buhari 1 trillion dollar and you will still get a bad president. He knows nothing about 20th and 21st century governance. He belongs to the 18th century
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by BreconHills(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
loan to marry plenty wives, exotic houses, exotic cars, for clannish domination, seldom for infrastructural development.

Find it hard to agree that your point of view is feasible

On what basis do you find it difficult?
1. The population data of 40% of the population being U14?
2. Population growth rate of 3.5% p.a?
3. The infrastructure gap of $31bn that is holding back Nigeria's young people?
4. The fact that concessional borrowing is the only way we are going to finance this based on the reality of low oil prices?
5. The fact that foreign bond holders have much better statistics and data than most of us have basically voted that Nigerias loans are a good idea and that there is sufficient headroom for repayments?
6. Or is it the fact that Nigeria unlike many western countries has never defaulted on debt obligations?
7. Or the fact that if we are to save our way out of this, we will basically be saying bye bye to anyone over 10 years old?

Which of these 7 things are you struggling with? Look I get it - you don't trust the government, maybe you don't even like them ' but heck bud, you don't have a lot of choice right now. You are in the same position as a passenger in a plane at 30,000 feet who decides he doesn't like the pilot and he wants to get off!

I said on this same platform some months ago when dome people were rejoicing when the senate was having a fit over these loans and I said both houses have NO choice but to approve them. That's the reality and we need to live by them. The only thing we can do is hold them to account. But loan or no? That question is irrelevant now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ogbuu101:

The headline and your comment correlate but what the reps are fighting for is different.

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by madridsta007(m): 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

You're restating the same thing.
This is not an explanation.

Beau Harry has the explanation sir.
You "voted" him in. You didnt vote me in.
I'm sure he is dying to answer the question sir. He can also answer the question of how Nigeria became stratospherically indebted during his ongoing regime. Please ask him undecided
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Taye4j: 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
hammerpP:

PLEASE, JUST SHOW ME WAT I ASKED U.

U ARE THE PERSON ATTACKING PEOPLE HERE AND I WANT TO KNOW WAT SW IS GAINING

Your question should be directed to the relevant quarters. What has SW or any other Southern region enjoyed since Buhari came to power - nothing.

My problem with you guys is this; stop blaming Yorubas for everything that doesn't favour you. All southern states are in this together. Blaming someone else for your misfortune is uncalled for.

Don't tell me there are no Igbos who voted for Buhari. As a matter of fact, there are many Igbos in APC who equally worked towards ensuring Buhari became president. So pls stop the blame game.

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by jrusky(m): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
So like joke Nigeria debt will reach $100Billion before this yime next year because with this $22.Billion its already added up to over $58-60 Billion.

Very interesting. Now I belief Jonathan is a prophet.

Truly Buhari is filled with bad luck.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by hammerpP: 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
Taye4j:

Your question should be directed to the relevant quarters. What has SW or any other Southern region enjoyed since Buhari came to power - nothing.

My problem with you guys is this; stop blaming Yorubas for everything that doesn't favour you. All southern states are in this together. Blaming someone else for your misfortune is uncalled for.

Don't tell me there are no Igbos who voted for Buhari. As a matter of fact, there are many Igbos in APC who equally worked towards ensuring Buhari became president. So pls stop the blame game.

GUDNITE SON, I THINK PEOPLE HERE, CAN SEE U FOR EXACTLY WAT U ARE.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Taye4j: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
hammerpP:

GUDNITE SON, I THINK PEOPLE HERE, CAN SEE U FOR EXACTLY WAT U ARE.

Do I look like one of your children? Pls let's mind the way we address people.

I think people can equally see you for who you are; someone who hates the truth and will always shift the pole just to satisfy his over bloated ego.

Igbos are known for that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by KayCee92(m): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
He was still going to take it if they didn't approve. Those guys should have stayed home than risk corona to cry over "over spilled" milk grin

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by sirp9898(m): 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
Look out how nigerians see no fault
in excluding projects in the south east from the loan which we all will pay back
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by hammerpP: 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
Taye4j:

Do I look like one of your children? Pls let's mind the way we address people.

I think people can equally see you for who you are; someone who hates the truth and will always shift the pole just to satisfy his over bloated ego.

Igbos are known for that.

NOTICE HOW MANY TIMES U HAVE MENTIONED IGBO ON THIS THREAD.

ALSO, NOTICE HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE QUOTED U, WITHOUT BRING TRIBE INTO THIS DISCUSSION.

I TAKE IT U ARE A HELPLESS TRIBALIST.

HERE ARE THE PROJECT ITEMISED LIST, NOW SHOW ME WHERE SW EXCLUSIVELY BENEFIT FROM THIS LOAN ASIDE RAILWAY GOING TO KANO.

MY MISSION HERE IS TO PROVE TO YOU THAT NNAMDI KANU IS RIGHT IN HIS ASSESSMENT, AFTER CAREFUL OBSERVATION AND ANALYSIS OF YOUR PEOPLE BEHAVIOUR PATTERN.

A total of 34 projects are to be financed with the $22.7 billion external loan approved thursday for the federal government by the Senate.

The loan would be sourced from eight external financiers including World Bank, African Development Bank, Islamic Development Bank, German Development Bank and China Eximbank.

According to the 55-page report of the Senator Clifford Ordia-led Senate committee on Foreign and Local Debts which considered President Muhammadu Buhari’s request for the $22.7 billion loan and was approved at plenary’s thursday by the upper chamber, the benefiting projects and the amount voted against them include $800 million for the completion of East-West road; $500 million for NTA Digitalisation; National Information and Communication Technology Infrastructure Backbone Project would gulp $328.1 million; $481.09 million for Greater Abuja Water Supply Project, while Phase Two of Abuja Mass Rail Transit Project is voted $1.252,293,005.

The projects are to be financed by China Eximbank.

Other projects to be financed by China Eximbank include Lagos-Kano Railway Modernisation $5,530,000,000; Railway Modernisation Coastal Railway Project (Calabar-Port Harcourt-Onne Deep Seaport segment – $3,474,000,000 and Mambila Hydro Electric Power Project – $4,800,000,000.

The $2.85 billion facility from the World Bank would be used to execute nine projects, including

Nigeria Electricity Transmission and Access Project – $364,000,000; Social Inclusion and Welfare Advancement project (Renamed National Social Safety Net Project) – $500,000,000; Economic Reforms and Governance Project 11(Renamed Fiscal Governance and Institutions Project (FGIP) – $200,000,000; Development of the Mining Industry – $150,000,000 and Education Sector Reform Programme (Renamed Better Education Service Delivery for All (BESDA) – $500,000,000.

Others are Development Finance Project co-financed by – (IDA-$500m, AFD-$130m, AFDB- $400m, ADF-$50, Kfw-$200m) – $500,000,000;

Kaduna State Development Policy (DPO)(Renamed Kaduna State Economic Transformation Programme-for-result) – $350,000,000; Rehabilitation and Reconstruction of Infrastructure, Livelihood, Food Security and Recovery (Renamed Multi-sectoral Crises Recovery)- $200,000,000 and Regional Disease Surveillance System Enhancement Project in West Africa – $90,000,000.

The African Development Bank is expected to finance 10 projects to the tune of $1.88 billion, which include Rural Water Supply and Sanitation- $150,000,000; Agriculture Transformation Agenda Support Project 11 (ATASP) – $200,000,000; Staple Crops Processing Zones (SCPZs) – $500,000,000; Institutional Strengthening and implementation of Policy Reforms – $33,750,000 and Emergency Road Rehabilitation Maintenance – $434,700,000.

Other projects to be financed by the bank are: Development Finance Project co-finaced by IDS – $500 million, AFD – $130 million, AfDB – $400 million, AFF- $50 million, KFW – $200 million ($450,000,000); Lake Chad Basin Commission -$13,000,000; Integrated Programme for Development and Adaptation to climate change in the Niger Basin – $6,000,000; Abdijan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development Study – $1,500,000 and North-east Nigeria Integrated Social Protection, Basic Health, Education, Nutrition Service Livelihood – $100,000,000.

Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is to finance Health System Project to the tune of $110,000,000; JICA is to support Power Transmission Project with $200,000,000, while German Development Bank (KfW) is to finance Development Finance Project with $200,000,000.

The four AfDB projects to be financed to the tune of $480 million include Vocational Training in the Power Sector -$50,000,000;

Development Finance Project co-financed by IDS – $500 million, AFD – $130, AfDB – $400 million, ADF – $50 million, KFW-$200m ($130,000,000);

Nigeria Housing Finance Project Guarantee Scheme – $100,000,000 and TCN Overall Transmission System Enhancement Project – $200,000,000.

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
BreconHills:

On what basis do you find it difficult?
1. The population data of 40% of the population being U14?
2. Population growth rate of 3.5% p.a?
3. The infrastructure gap of $31bn that is holding back Nigeria's young people?
4. The fact that concessional borrowing is the only way we are going to finance this based on the reality of low oil prices?
5. The fact that foreign bond holders have much better statistics and data than most of us have basically voted that Nigerias loans are a good idea and that there is sufficient headroom for repayments?
6. Or is it the fact that Nigeria unlike many western countries has never defaulted on debt obligations?
7. Or the fact that if we are to save our way out of this, we will basically be saying bye bye to anyone over 10 years old?

Which of these 7 things are you struggling with? Look I get it - you don't trust the government, maybe you don't even like them ' but heck bud, you don't have a lot of choice right now. You are in the same position as a passenger in a plane at 30,000 feet who decides he doesn't like the pilot and he wants to get off!

I said on this same platform some months ago when dome people were rejoicing when the senate was having a fit over these loans and I said both houses have NO choice but to approve them. That's the reality and we need to live by them. The only thing we can do is hold them to account. But loan or no? That question is irrelevant now.
you certainly have a strong case judging from your argument that contains concrete facts and figures.

These statistics are absolutely more than
enough justification for the loan.

You asked on the basis of what? I say on the basis of fiscal irresponsibility. People even fear they might divert the fund for the purpose of destruction business. Unless there is a solid system in a place to hold them accountable, they will keep pouring water into a basket/broken tank.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by ibietela2(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
Lol!
Borrow-loot-president

Useless country!

COST OF PRODUCTION OF OIL BY COUNTRY per barrel.

> RUSSIA $3
>SAUDI ARABIA 4$
>ANGOLA (our neighbor) 8$

>NIGERIA $21

Why is ours this high?
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Taye4j: 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
hammerpP:

NOTICE HOW MANY TIMES U HAVE MENTIONED IGBO ON THIS THREAD.

ALSO, NOTICE HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE QUOTED U, WITHOUT BRING TRIBE INTO THIS DISCUSSION.

I TAKE IT U ARE A HELPLESS TRIBALIST.

HERE ARE THE PROJECT ITEMISED LIST, NOW SHOW ME WHERE SW EXCLUSIVELY BENEFIT FROM THIS LOAN ASIDE RAILWAY GOING TO KANO.

MY MENTION HERE IS TO PROVE TO YOU THAT NNAMDI KANU IS RIGHT IN HIS ASSESSMENT, AFTER CAREFUL OBSERVATION AND ANALYSIS OF YOUR PEOPLE BEHAVIOUR PATTERN.

I actually quoted someone who started the tribal shit. Hope you saw that before you decided to jump on my thread with numerous quotes - except if you have decided to use your selective memory.

Check all my posts, I don't start tribal shit here unless some idiots from your side decides to go mad by calling Yorubas names. We will equally give it to them 'as e dey hot'

Call me a tribalist as much as you can, I don't give a shit. Maybe you should start by putting those brainless zombies on leash before you have the gut to come for me.

And pls, quote me when you have something new or important, and not this same repetition of yours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by GodPunishBiafra: 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
ibietela2:

Why is ours this high?
Bribery and corruption

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'El-Rufai Lied About 50 Naked People Dancing At Kaduna Sex Party' - Alberah / Soldiers Attack Community In Akwa Ibom After Death Of Their Colleague. Photos / European Union Election Observer Spotted At Obi Abuja Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.