Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS (59721 Views)

Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / Coronavirus: 'Abuja Hotel Cancels Reservation Because I'm Married To Italian' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Obsession4u: 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:
I am an As and I am getting married to an As. I love this girl so much that I am moving forward to marry her.

We have done our introduction and our traditional marriage is next month. I know the complications of an As marrying As in the issues of children they might give birth to. But I have no choice. I want to marry the love of my life.

I just wanna hope your making the right decision.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by chinebu(m): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:
I am an As and I am getting married to an As. I love this girl so much that I am moving forward to marry her.

We have done our introduction and our traditional marriage is next month. I know the complications of an As marrying As in the issues of children they might give birth to. But I have no choice. I want to marry the love of my life.
Its ok. I support you 100% as long as both of you agree not to have children.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by OdenKelechi(m): 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
Honestly, it's 50/50 but if that 50 doesn't favor you ehn, then you'd be in deep shit. Just settle for one or 2 children and pray neither of them are SS. Goodluck
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by osazsky(m): 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
AllenSpencer:

Its your life, you own it.
its not his life...the unborn children should be given a fair hearing...rest in peace ayo..she was just 13 ...the pain and agony u went through is still fresh in my mind..if only ur parents had known..I miss u
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by AllenSpencer: 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
osazsky:
its not his life...the unborn children should be given a fair hearing...rest in peace ayo..she was just 13 ...the pain and agony u went through is still fresh in my mind..if only ur parents had known..I miss u

With all the enlightenment about this ill. Do you expect me to be begging him not to do it? We talking about an adult here with access to the internet. He will solely reap the fruits of what he sowed. Is it me that will end up in tears in my closet? Or will it drain my personal bank account?

He is not a kid. He knows the repercussion and why he is posting it. The enlightenment is allover the media space. If he is in-love, let him love. The future will tell him more about love.

As for your loved one, May her gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Monday60655(m): 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
I pray for your children to hate and deal with you after you have purposely wants to wicked them.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by gees101(m): 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
Odion2016:
Wickedness !!!!
na both wickedness and mumuness my brother
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by BUCHI0573: 11:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
Then get ready for early burial....mumu u don't need any advice
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by foleskay(m): 11:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Okay
Nio ba furo iya e
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by GodPunishBiafra: 11:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
foleskay:

Ofo Nio ba furọ iya mi
Okay o
Na u sabi
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Taiwo609: 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Well am sorry for you because no one is going to be there when the problem starts, I guess if u really love each u won't marry each other because ur endangering your future and that of the child unborn, is it until u spend all ur life savings solving a problem you caused.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by bigl: 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

Eeeya, pele, oko iyawo ele.pon blue!

That silly love will clear from your eyes when the SS wahala comes up.

See, if you have never cared for a child that is SS that is very close to you, you won't understand how bad and seriously shitt.y things can get!

I don't pray u experience SS wahala! Some of my colleagues at work, despite earning fat salaries are in serious pains cos of the SS thingy!

A word is enough for the wise!
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Reynbowjenie: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
Your cup of tea
Leave in regret
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Karda20: 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
Your eyes go soon clear. That yeye love will soon disappear. I don't know why you want to sign up for a life of pain and intentionally causing pain for your unborn baby.

All the best sha.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Louisanc(f): 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
Please do well to have too much money so that you wont suffer the kids
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Picardor2: 11:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Ur already a wicked father to ur children. Ur selfish
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by ThatFairGuy: 11:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

Please, this isn't about you, it's about your unborn kids. Put them FIRST please.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by abdullkabar(m): 11:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
You have my blessing Op
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Ciscagirl: 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
My dear, the truth is u might be lucky all ur kids will be healthy. I no of a couple who also have the same history but all their 2 children came out healthy.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Donbabaj: 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
That's why I will never post on nairaland for advice. People are still living in the past when events have been overtaken by events. My mum and dad are AS and while two of us are AS, other is AA. There is nothing God cannot do, even if you eventually gave birth to SS. If necessary health care is provided from child birth, the child can live normal life till old age.

For how long will you keep searching for AA lady to date. Oga just pray and take precautionary measures.

3 Likes

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Tpresh(f): 12:07am On Jun 05, 2020
Hmmmmm
A game of luck....
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by WhyAWhy(m): 12:21am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

I know love has clouded your judgement but please DO NOT DO IT!.

Visit someone living with sickle cell and see for yourself what the realities of their everyday life is. If you are happy living with frequent hospital visits and deaths then please go ahead otherwise, you have to rethink this.

However if you have money sha, you may be able to find out the genotype of the fetus before it is born but then you have a few moral to think about.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 05, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Don't be stupîd!

Don't showcase stupid ignorance on public forum.

There are many solutions out there to prevent having ss kids...
Encourage and give the poster the many ways to prevent it.
But I bet you, he will remember this thread..
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Judybash93(m): 12:26am On Jun 05, 2020
First, you're a man and it's your choice. I don't think anyone has the right to choose for you but i think you have the opportunity to at least make calculated decisions in that you said you want to marry her because you love her so much... In my opinion, love is a chemical reaction which sprouts a number of feelings when you're attracted to someone. Wth that being said, do you think you'll feel this way if you guys stay together for let's say the next five years or so.. Or will you be happy and feel the same way if you guys give birth to a kid that carries those two recessive genes as the dominant one?
Like i said earlier, the choice is still yours.
Congrats btw
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Judybash93(m): 12:30am On Jun 05, 2020
DeRoyalhouse:
There is this couple I heard their story. Both AS, had 4 kids have already lost 2 to sickle cell anemia yet the lady said if she could turn the hands of time, she will marry the same man again.

I don't know what to make of that.

I don't know either... That baffles the sh*t out of me
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by julimaxy: 12:37am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

What you can do is to go for test anytime she takes in. There is now early detection of the blood types.

If the fetus is SS, it is left to both of you to decide whether to abort or bear the stress.
All the best.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by swiperthefox: 12:56am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

Okay. It is your decision and your life. There is a possibility you might have a sickle cell child or not. You can do IVF, or get pregnant and test the baby for genetic problems while it is in the womb through aminocentesis and chronic villus sampling (CVS). If all these fails, bone marrow transplant if there is a match. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Chookym(m): 3:55am On Jun 05, 2020
This is a wrong step
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by kinethic: 4:30am On Jun 05, 2020
I guess you are expecting people to encourage you and side with you to go on. I am AS and my wife is AA. You will regret your actions if you do marry her. You need to be mentally,financially strong to be able to stay in your marriage.
Don't be a fool to bring kids to have uncomfortable life. It's not too late, love isn't enough it's the consequences of your stupidity that counts. Use your tongue to count your teeth.

quote author=bigmodo post=90263375]I am an As and I am getting married to an As. I love this girl so much that I am moving forward to marry her.

We have done our introduction and our traditional marriage is next month. I know the complications of an As marrying As in the issues of children they might give birth to. But I have no choice. I want to marry the love of my life. [/quote]
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by saajus: 4:36am On Jun 05, 2020
That's the problem in this country. We can't hold constructive criticism. If you know better, write about it. You three statements have not helped the op or anyone here. It just shows mere rhetorical questions. Correct me anywhere I was wrong. In Medicine and Technology, one day is a long day. I might have been less informed, or misinformed. The last time I read, IVF goes through the following stages

Prepping (8days) - that's when the woman takes a lot of injection and fertility drugs to stimulate ovaries
Egg and sperm Retrieval - taking the egg from the woman
Fertilization - Fertilize the egg with the sperm
Embryo Transfer (3-5days after fertilization)- Transfer the embryo into the woman uterus

I said someone who is against abortion will not feel any guilt to destroy the embryo in a "test-tube" (incubator) if there is a test to know the embryo genotype before it's transferred. I mean 100% risk-free of embryo genotyping. Although, there are still some beliefs that life starts after fertilization. I personally believe It can only be called abortion when we are destroying the embryo or foetus in the woman's uterus.

The last time I know, there are tests to know the genotype of a foetus. So, tell us if there is any test to determine the genotype of an embryo within 3-5 days after fertilization. I want to learn, we all want to learn.

HBB1:

Who says you can't determine the genotype before implantation?

Do they abort IVF baby (like that)?!!!!

Come on!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Ladies; 6 Reasons Why You May Feel Pain In Your Vagina / Harnaam Kaur, Youngest Female With Beard Shares Inspiring Story / Man Commits Suicide In Delta State, Says 'I Will Die Today, I Hate Family'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.