Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS - Health (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS (59026 Views)

Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / Coronavirus: 'Abuja Hotel Cancels Reservation Because I'm Married To Italian' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by solidhomes: 9:13am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:
I am an As and I am getting married to an As. I love this girl so much that I am moving forward to marry her.

We have done our introduction and our traditional marriage is next month. I know the complications of an As marrying As in the issues of children they might give birth to. But I have no choice. I want to marry the love of my life.

Hope your parents and in-laws are aware of this avoidable journey of stress you want to embark on? Even if you don't care about the money and time you will spend nursing sick children, consider the pains the innocent kids will go through most of their lives.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by adebiyitunji: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2020
I hope you are ready to care for some of your children the hardest of ways, watch them live thru nightmares and suffering and bury them if need be. Be careful what you wish for you might just have it.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by solidhomes: 9:19am On Jun 05, 2020
piroux:
Why does everyone make it sound totally hopeless for AS and AS genotypes to marry?

There are a few options available to the couple if they can afford it. They are expensive and some painful...

Is it worth the risk? To them, yes!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to fund, love and click with the right person?

Please leave them, abeg!! My only issue is why did OP come and tell us? Do you want to be discouraged or do you doubt the journey you have embarked on?

We make it sound totally hopeless for them because can this couple afford the painful and expensive treatment for their warriors?

Can the love they claim to have now survive when the stress of taking care of sick children begin to take its toll on them?

Won't the man someday decide to go "try" another woman outside who can give him children that will "outlive" him?

Do all couples who found, loved, clicked with, and married the right person live happily ever after?

You sef think am...
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by adebiyitunji: 9:19am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:
I am an As and I am getting married to an As. I love this girl so much that I am moving forward to marry her.

We have done our introduction and our traditional marriage is next month. I know the complications of an As marrying As in the issues of children they might give birth to. But I have no choice. I want to marry the love of my life.

I hope you are ready to care for some of your children the hardest of ways, watch them live thru nightmares and suffering and bury them if need be. Be careful what you wish for you might just have it.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Lordbucci2: 9:20am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

may God help u , ur faith wil save u .
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Slurity(m): 9:24am On Jun 05, 2020
Both of you are very wicked. The problem you want to cause is not about you really. You want to put your future children in everlasting pain. I hate you both
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by akanbiaa(m): 9:33am On Jun 05, 2020
AngelJennifer:
Anyway my uncle and his wife are both AS but were lucky to have seven children and only one was SS. I don't support it because your luck might differ.
how old is the one with SS and how is the child health now.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by callmeRichie(m): 10:00am On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=bigmodo post=90263375

So y'all don't know his fvcking joking grin grin
OP isn't a fool nah grin, abi OP?
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Ficeo(m): 10:03am On Jun 05, 2020
You will regret ever getting married to this Love of your life. May be by then, you will not have the zeal to post it here on Nairaland. Mark my words.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Okiibe(m): 10:22am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

Here is what you two Love birds must do:
Resolve to give birth to minimal children between 1-2.

If you're favoured, they may be 1-1 or 0-2 in your favour of not having an SS.

God help you. You are not the first, but be wise.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Larcardii(f): 10:51am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

please let nothing stop u ..make sure u marry. D love of ur life
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Larcardii(f): 10:54am On Jun 05, 2020
DBestDoc:

So why are you telling us?

To beg you not to marry her or to encourage you to go ahead?

Nobody cares.
u need love dear
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Lleigh(f): 10:57am On Jun 05, 2020
I know one AS couple, seven pregnancies and 4 abortions. They now have three kids.
They tested for genotype when possible and did not go ahead with the SS ones.
If this couple is willing to do this, it's a decision they will have to take on their own.
Being SS has a lot of challenges, even though they are living longer it's still a hard cross to bear.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by mrksquare: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

My neighbour lost his beautiful daughter to sickle cell in 2013 after spending so much money in training her from primary, secondary and tertiary institution. I'll appeal to you to reconsider your decision for the sake of your unborn children. The love you are touted as your reason will turn to agony when the reality starts rearing it's head in the future. Be guided.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by mbjsuki(m): 11:43am On Jun 05, 2020
Well since you have decided to go ahead with the marriage,why are you still telling us?
To before warn is to before harm!
I have a friend who got married and raised 3 kids,very similar to your story. In fact, there case was a case of an error made when they both went for a blood group test. The wife here in question was given someone else blood result unknown to her. Unknown to her,she is AS while the husband too is same. Last year alone,out of the 365 days in the year, she ONLY manage to sleep in her house just for 60 days! Her case was published in all the major tabloids within the country last year. I have witness in too many occasion when the children goes into serious crisis. It is not a pleasant sight to be seen. It is from one hospital to another all through last year. To feed these children again is war all together,lest I mention the troubles my friend goes through when she is looking for their blood type at the blood bank.
My advice to you if you will listen,back out now and face the shame if there is any at all in this than you subjecting the rest of your life to an untold and unforeseen problems you will face in future. Forget those saying technology has made things easy,it is all a fraud! When the chips are down, you will beg to be killed if possible. Headache today, stomach tomorrow,you may also develop what is called hypertension,due to sleepless night. No be joke oh! Managing them as Sickle Cell kids is a war. And it also ruin whatever you must have heap up as your life savings. Don't go there.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by MrSly(m): 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

If you have the cash go on. Then research for bridge clinic and communicate them ASAP. You can have your AA children. Don't mind the one who called it wickedness. They don't know what it feels to be in love. But don't depend on luck for your AA children because that is the wickedness, just contact bridge clinic and follow them up. With 7milion or so you can have a child of AA that is if the cost has not reduced. But please don't do blindly oooo. Don't give birth without screening the foetus to determine its genotype. If you don't have the cash for this then call it a quit. You won't want her to cry all night because of the calamity of having an SS child. If I were in your shoes I won't stand to see her cry because of an avoidable mistakes. So if you don't have the means(#7. 2million per child) of following it up then canceal the marriage.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Tellall21: 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
Love is sweet especially when the children are not there yet, but f the children come and you are unfortunate to have SS among them,when the trouble begins love will turn to hate and will be replaced by blame game
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by elyonchee(f): 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
ITbomb:
Is that how much you hate your children? To have them born with intentional defects?

A wise parent and man of God should never bless your marriage

Edit:
Maybe this could be your solution
ivf does the work
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by SURElee(f): 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Why are you telling us? All i know is don't come back here to update us of being in and out of a hospital with a sickly child.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Draxy(m): 3:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
May you be alive to bear the pain you gonna bring into the world. And i pray you have money sha, but truth is this kind love dey no too der get money. God help u dash u sense. I pity the wife she would hate u at some point due to the pain she sees hee kids going tru
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by sugarlyn: 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

You can only enjoy your marriage and the love of your life if both of you have decided never to have children.
Remember, marriage have challenges.
focus on the challenges and see how you can build your marriage with out ruining it.
True love never fails.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Jovi123(f): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
You think you are doing me
I read a post where a girl wrote about how much she hates her parents for getting married knowing fully well they are both AS
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Dunni007(f): 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
@Op there are new technologies that can help in that regards and you won't give birth to SS but they are expensive, if you have the resources then you can go ahead with the marriage.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by bigiyaro(m): 5:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
I happen to witness this sickle cell thing last week, little boy of about 4 or 5 was having a crisis or so, there were almost four needles in his body, he was taking blood transfusion, water too, I happen to be around visiting my neighbor's kid when the doc came around to insert a Cather in the little boy, he was held down by nurses, he struggled shouting daddy daddy, he cried to his dad to save him from the pains but, the poor man stood aside watching helplessly, the little boy twisted his head to look at his dad, there was panic in his eyes, i saw his eyes saying pls daddy help me, i saw his face looking betrayed when his dad did not move an inch. this kid's voice sent chills down my spine, i started crying, shading silent tears with a huge lump in my throat, I looked at his helplessness and pain. Right there, I decided that I will never be so self-centered and greedy to give birth to a child with sickle cell.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by squad03: 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
I'm delighted for you.
I hope this overflowing love will be there during the hospital admissions and exhaustion.We hope you won't become a daddy in diaspora.

On a lighter note sha�, there's preconception genetic testing.I just hope your bank account is not as selfish as you are lipsrsealed
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by gratefulheart(m): 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
I ma not doubting you love but please don't born children or else they will curse you for the rest of their life.
Be ready to spend everything you have on them for medications.

bigmodo:

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by DONFASZY(m): 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
Stop
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by omoharry(f): 9:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
nana228:
If you have SS children they will hate and curse you everyday because they will struggle to live normal lives. I'm sure this love you are talking about will be forgotten by then.

If you are not capable of paying for bone marrow transplant and testing during pregnancy, Stay away from bringing biological children into this world and live with the love of your life alone. Don't be selfish and bring children who will suffer.
How can bone marrow be use in preventing two AS couples from giving birth to an SS
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by iwinnie(f): 9:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

Join this group on Facebook for more enlightenment and thank me later, you won't regret it and you'll also get link to join their telegram channel.
������
Nichole dietary consultancy limited
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by nana228(f): 10:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
omoharry:
How can bone marrow be use in preventing two AS couples from giving birth to an SS

It'll not prevent, it is curative- this means that if they eventually have an SS child, this is a procedure to change it.

More details can be found here: A bone marrow transplant is a procedure that infuses healthy blood-forming stem cells into your body to replace your damaged or diseased bone marrow. A bone marrow transplant is also called a stem cell transplant.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/bone-marrow-transplant/about/pac-20384854&ved=2ahUKEwiGt7iYzevpAhXp1uAKHQKrBhAQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw38dpCdd7g4A995xNKfrZc5
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by omoharry(f): 6:35am On Jun 06, 2020
nana228:

It'll not prevent, it is curative- this means that if they eventually have an SS child, this is a procedure to change it.

More details can be found here: A bone marrow transplant is a procedure that infuses healthy blood-forming stem cells into your body to replace your damaged or diseased bone marrow. A bone marrow transplant is also called a stem cell transplant.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/bone-marrow-transplant/about/pac-20384854&ved=2ahUKEwiGt7iYzevpAhXp1uAKHQKrBhAQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw38dpCdd7g4A995xNKfrZc5
Thanks
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by faderayo(f): 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
Why cause more harm than good? You will hate yourselves by the crises starts

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Iguana Lizard Bites Bikini Clad Woman Doing Yoga On The Beach / HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest / Man Who Returned From London For Christmas Roaming The Streets Of Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.