Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,891 members, 7,810,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS (59025 Views)

Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / Coronavirus: 'Abuja Hotel Cancels Reservation Because I'm Married To Italian' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by AngelJennifer: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
akanbiaa:
how old is the one with SS and how is the child health now.

He is late now. He didn't stay that long. Most of the SS i know don't live, some are lucky to make it to their thirties, but they still die. I have lost about two relatives already.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by akanbiaa(m): 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
AngelJennifer:

He is late now. He didn't stay that long. Most of the SS i know don't live, some are lucky to make it to their thirties, but they still die. I have lost about two relatives already.
So sad to hear this, May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by akube34: 2:33am On Jun 28, 2023
Ojedollar:
My good friend. I understand how you feel,as i was once in your shoes. It's actually possible for an As person to marry another As,thanks to modern science,albeit expensive.
You can use the option of an IVF,to select healthy sperm cells(without sickle cell),to be injected into your woman.
You can also use the option of testing the genotype of the fetus at about 11 to 13 weeks old. If the fetus is free of sickle cell,then congratulations,but if the fetus has sickle cell,you'll have to abort it and try again.
I'll advice you and your wife book appointment with a gynecologist for further guidance.
I wish you the best of luck.

can I chat privately?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Health Section Library / Iguana Lizard Bites Bikini Clad Woman Doing Yoga On The Beach / HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.