Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,515 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS (59520 Views)

Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / Coronavirus: 'Abuja Hotel Cancels Reservation Because I'm Married To Italian' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by bekpo(m): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
Na'im I went for introduction, shortly afterwards I discovered she AS as I am as well, na so I tear race oh.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by rationalhuman(m): 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
Bro if you Have money? then go to India.
You should be in consultation with Doctors even before planning for the kids.
There are certain Genome technologies and experts over there to do some preventive treatment so your kids will not be AS. Good wishes.

bigmodo:
I am an As and I am getting married to an As. I love this girl so much that I am moving forward to marry her.

We have done our introduction and our traditional marriage is next month. I know the complications of an As marrying As in the issues of children they might give birth to. But I have no choice. I want to marry the love of my life.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by favour32(m): 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
My guy run am if una go fit wage the matter later.
The percentage to get sickler na 25%.
Or 3:1.
So,you know before you enter.
Crude oil dey easy to get than love....so run am cool
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by AllenSpencer: 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:
I am an As and I am getting married to an As. I love this girl so much that I am moving forward to marry her.

We have done our introduction and our traditional marriage is next month. I know the complications of an As marrying As in the issues of children they might give birth to. But I have no choice. I want to marry the love of my life.

Its your life, you own it.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by HBB1(m): 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
I know of a guy here, a medical doctor, that is willing to marry a single mum who is AS, and he is also AS o, imagine, when he told the lady he is also AS, she had to cut off from him becos he became a stalker at some point, some guys are something else.

Have you guys heard of IVF?
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by HBB1(m): 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
Ningen:

Let's not pretend oga. This is Nigeria.
IVF genetic screening isn't readily available.

Why are you talking like this?

IVF is available in most of the major cities nationally.

Oga softly o!
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Idboyostic(m): 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Too much love won't help you and your wife when the children start visiting the hospital every now and then. Please, think about the unborn children....
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by HBB1(m): 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Abanabaoghogho:
There is what is called prenatal sickle cell diagnosis, its a DNA analysis of the foetus, it help to determine the genotype of the unborn child, the test is usually done in the 12th week of pregnancy, if the test reveal the unborn child is SS you and your wife can make an informed decision to abort the pregnancy, this test is expensive and right now only done in Lagos, its just an option rich people are exploring in this kind of situation, other than this I will advise you to back out because you and your wife will not forgive yourselves if you guys have an SS child, weigh your options before going ahead with the marriage, later in life you will find out that marriage goes beyond I love you I love you.

5 years ago, prenatal diagnosis was 200k in that same Lagos...

I am sure it will be cheaper now

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Oromwos: 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hmmm bravo ��
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by curvilicious: 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
I hope you dont cry too much cry o
Be guided
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by HBB1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
Exclusive101:
Go n give birth in the USA there is no AS SA there no matter your blood group.

There is no SS in the US?

What kind of illiteracy is this?
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by frozen70(f): 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

Congratulations
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Chiglobal: 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
All the best.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by HBB1(m): 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
saajus:
Test: Hmm, it is risky but you are already in it so let me tell you a practical way out. There are tests that can reveal chromosomal abnormalities in a foetus. These tests can also reveal sickle cell anaemia. The tests are called amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling (CVS). They are not expensive but if you want to do it, use a reputable hospital. Those tests can reveal Down syndrome too. That's why nowadays they don't have many Down syndrome children in advanced countries. Doctors advise couples to abort once the test reveals it.

Abortion: If your faith is not against abortion, you will keep aborting the foetus once the test reveals it's SS. I know some people that aborted up to 3 before they get an AA or AS. Some couples are lucky, the two S's genes in both husband and wife are not perking in all their pregnancies.

IVF: Some people that their faiths are against abortion do IVF to console their faith. They think because IVF is not naturally conceived, aborting it once the foetus is able to reveal the Genotype is not really an abortion. I wish the tests can reveal the genotype before the Embryo is transferred to a woman uterus during IVF, it would have been a perfect solution for those against abortion. Cos there won't be any form of guilt destroying an embryo that is still in a test tube. Hopefully, future Ob/Gyn students researches can solve that.

Personally, I don't think abortion in a situation like this is a sin cos, people abort complicated pregnancies that could take their lives.

Trust me, it is very expensive to manage SS children. I knew a family who has 5 children and 3 are SS. The 3 SS children eventually died after spending so much money on them. The parents are rich cos they have a fish depot but they wasted all their money on the children hospital bills. Remember our hot humid weather is not favourable for SS and we also have a poor healthcare system.

Who says you can't determine the genotype before implantation?

Do they abort IVF baby (like that)?!!!!

Come on!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
HBB1:

Have you guys heard of IVF?

Is it everyone that can afford IVF? Even at that, do you think it's an easy pissy something?

2 Likes

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Farmerrules: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

Because of your stupid love, you want to put the life of next generation in danger and agony. You are MAD even madder
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Starz825(m): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
missjekyll:
I read this initially as I am an ass getting married to an ass.
grin grin grin...u no serious
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by darkgoddes(f): 9:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
I will advise the OP to read more on Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD or PIGD)

2 Likes

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by HBB1(m): 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Is it everyone that can afford IVF? Even at that, do you think it's an easy pissy something?

O da, sorry o!

Continue seeing the World through white and black lenses!

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
HBB1:

O da, sorry o!

Continue seeing the World through white and black lenses!

Pele o, uncle that sees the world through blue and red lenses, you have been noticed.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Toskebam85(m): 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
I don't understand.... The marriage can never be a happy marriage not a curse though
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by maxweber111: 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nigeria amalgamations was as a result of As married to As. The reversion has been SS all through. Therefore if u are mentally alright, u know what to do.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by newdawn2017(f): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

Glad u re marrying for love, not for children hence no child bearing. I am happy for u op. Do what suits u.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by kevwemike: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
U are very very and strongly wicked. I pray u won't regret ur action
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by pawesome(m): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

do you think is about the two of you? you guys are selfish and self centered...not even for a minute is bout you guys but your kids...you are gonna suffer them because the health implication of it will show in your kids and here you are spewing love shiiiit....
You are going to be in the hospital every day for the rest of your life
You can't be able to attend to anything that concerns you or anyone close to you because your savings and money is going to be meant for doctors...you are going to finish yourself for love sake?
With all due respect,you are stewpid and you need to be told
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by DavidAegis5: 10:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
i don't know how to advice but please listen to this song before you go forward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIE6rC7GJ-E
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by NaijadrivaCars: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
missjekyll:
I read this initially as I am an ass getting married to an ass.
shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Nehyooh(m): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
bigmodo:

Do you mind checking this

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by AngelJennifer: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Anyway my uncle and his wife are both AS but were lucky to have seven children and only one was SS. I don't support it because your luck might differ.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Realmargie(f): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
yeepa, danger zone
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by lilybonny(f): 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
All da best OP... I wonder why you had to inform us in the first place.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by CurvyDestiny7: 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Please Help: I Get Stung By A Fire Ant On My Lips And The Swell Is Much? Pix / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed / Baby Born "Pregnant" In India Shocks Health Expert (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.