Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS (59036 Views)

Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / Coronavirus: 'Abuja Hotel Cancels Reservation Because I'm Married To Italian' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Benwallt(m): 4:46am On Jun 05, 2020
You are a murderer. You action goes to show you are a senseless one. Think about the agony of your offsprings.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Obidiugwu: 5:11am On Jun 05, 2020
Hmm bro wake up to reality, don't use because of your love today to endanger the life of your innocent child tomorrow believe me love has limit oooo!!!
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by caesymore(m): 5:40am On Jun 05, 2020
Chai in this case ignorance is a sin... Just get ready to cry uncontrollably with the love of your life. This is murder.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Ytea(f): 6:05am On Jun 05, 2020
Your love story will keep being beautiful as long as you do not reproduce. I wish you the best married life.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by damosade(m): 6:12am On Jun 05, 2020
Please don't try it..I am a sickle cell anaemia patient, ur children will always hate the day they were born.
My small advice.

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by HBB1(m): 6:13am On Jun 05, 2020
saajus:
That's the problem in this country. We can't hold constructive criticism. If you know better, write about it. You three statements have not helped the op or anyone here. It just shows mere rhetorical questions. Correct me anywhere I was wrong. In Medicine and Technology, one day is a long day. I might have been less informed, or misinformed. The last time I read, IVF goes through the following stages

Prepping (8days) - that's when the woman takes a lot of injection and fertility drugs to stimulate ovaries
Egg and sperm Retrieval - taking the egg from the woman
Fertilization - Fertilize the egg with the sperm
Embryo Transfer (3-5days after fertilization)- Transfer the embryo into the woman uterus

I said someone who is against abortion will not feel any guilt to destroy the embryo in a "test-tube" (incubator) if there is a test to know the embryo genotype before it's transferred. Although, there are still some beliefs that life starts after fertilization. I personally believe It can only be called abortion when we are destroying the embryo or foetus in the woman's uterus.

The last time I know, there are tests to know the genotype of a foetus. So, tell us if there is any test to determine the genotype of an embryo within 3-5 days after fertilization. I want to learn, we all want to learn.

You are too sensitive bro!
Take your self less seriously.

If you want to learn, read!

In this age, Google can tell you everything.

OK, bye!

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by miniziter(m): 6:16am On Jun 05, 2020
missjekyll:
I read this initially as I am an ass getting married to an ass.

Me I read it "as i'm as i'm...
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:19am On Jun 05, 2020
That means you don't care about the kids. You care about yourselves and your love for each other. What is difference between you and the people that give birth to Almajeri
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by mkpurumma090(f): 6:19am On Jun 05, 2020
Don't regret what you are about to start in the future... But why not mercy these your future children??
Forget about today love think, for the ahead forward

2 Likes

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Austinchamakh(m): 6:25am On Jun 05, 2020
Mumu...
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by hybridblood07(m): 6:37am On Jun 05, 2020
Prevention is better than cure. I rest my case
piroux:
Why does everyone make it sound totally hopeless for AS and AS genotypes to marry?

There are a few options available to the couple if they can afford it. They are expensive and some painful...

Is it worth the risk? To them, yes!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to fund, love and click with the right person?

Please leave them, abeg!! My only issue is why did OP come and tell us? Do you want to be discouraged or do you doubt the journey you have embarked on?
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Dumte(m): 6:40am On Jun 05, 2020
Stupid love. At last you people will be disturbing your pastor for prayer points. Nonsense
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Farben(m): 6:42am On Jun 05, 2020
People are just stupid on this forum,who will get married to the AS and SS then??Make everybody dey find AA up and down na

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Funmitybose(f): 6:43am On Jun 05, 2020
Don't worry God will have mercy on u.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by gbadeyinka: 6:46am On Jun 05, 2020
You are risking the future of your children. Don't regret your action. Seek medical advice before you're beclouded by love. If you have a child with AS , he/she will hate your guts, because of the excruciating pains they go through.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by saajus: 6:57am On Jun 05, 2020
Sensitive ko, Sensodyne ni. Me wey dey catch fun here. You still exhibit the same problem. Your comment has still not helped anyone.
You know I am not saying you are wrong, but learn presentation. If you have any contrary opinion, post and everyone will appreciate it. You might be saving one life with your post.
Truly, there is PCR which comes with a lot of risk and controversies among experts.

HBB1:

You are too sensitive bro!
Take your self less seriously.

If you want to learn, read!

In this age, Google can tell you everything.

OK, bye!

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Shormiey(m): 7:15am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:
I am an As and I am getting married to an As. I love this girl so much that I am moving forward to marry her.

We have done our introduction and our traditional marriage is next month. I know the complications of an As marrying As in the issues of children they might give birth to. But I have no choice. I want to marry the love of my life.
Bro, please think again ok.....don't make your unborn children miserable...
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by titusmichael27(m): 7:17am On Jun 05, 2020
You are not married to her yet, so i'm not gonna nail you to the cross at this point in time but if you ever decided to move on with the former idea because you think of her being the ideal partner, i shall call you a goat! and you belong to the zoo. When you allow emotion to over shadow your sense of reasoning as a human being you become an animal. We're working really hard to minimize the number of sickle cell anemia in africa and you're here trying to make life more complicated than what it is for our future generation. Thank you so much for bringing this topic on board but i beg you in the name of that girl you love so much that you don't do it please. It's not your fault you know! she can equally understand. I don't want my son or daughter to come home on the morrow with abnormal guy or a girl and sounds like " dad, i don't care about what you have to say, i'm gonna spend the rest of my life with him period" just like the way you're sounding right about now.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by titusmichael27(m): 7:27am On Jun 05, 2020
miniziter:

Me I read it "as i'm as i'm...
LOL! So you've become almighty who is trying to tell moses his name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Moneyboyz: 7:27am On Jun 05, 2020
There is this very brilliant girl in my class back then in secondary school, she later became my neighbor after they completed their house. She didn't clock 18 years of age before she died, she looks thin like someone who haven't been fed, stomach like pregnant woman and eyes as yellow and the sun.. you won't know she's older than you if they don't tell you.
May her soul rest in peace.
The older sister is healthy and fine. She's not an SS
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by clintino700(m): 7:38am On Jun 05, 2020
You will forever regret this decision when you see your children suffering. This is what is affecting my good friend currently becos of their parents decision. He lost his only sister and sibling to a minor health complications.
Please have a rethink and think of the future.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by cpapa: 7:41am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:
I am an As and I am getting married to an As. I love this girl so much that I am moving forward to marry her.

We have done our introduction and our traditional marriage is next month. I know the complications of an As marrying As in the issues of children they might give birth to. But I have no choice. I want to marry the love of my life.
my Uncle needs to advise this guy because he new what he suffered
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:17am On Jun 05, 2020
piroux:
Why does everyone make it sound totally hopeless for AS and AS genotypes to marry?

There are a few options available to the couple if they can afford it. They are expensive and some painful...

Is it worth the risk? To them, yes!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to fund, love and click with the right person?

Please leave them, abeg!! My only issue is why did OP come and tell us? Do you want to be discouraged or do you doubt the journey you have embarked on?

There’s IVF, there’s genetic selection, there’s chorionic villi testing. I know how terribly difficult it is to leave someone you love and who loves you right back... who is compatible with you in all other levels...

If they have the money, good for them.
This is the 21st century... so many things are possible with science and money.

Lack of awareness is the problem here.
@bigmodo! I wish you the very best of luck!

1 Like

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by phemmyfour: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

It will end in sorrow, tears and gnashing of teeth
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:30am On Jun 05, 2020
Abanabaoghogho:
There is what is called prenatal sickle cell diagnosis, its a DNA analysis of the foetus, it help to determine the genotype of the unborn child, the test is usually done in the 12th week of pregnancy, if the test reveal the unborn child is SS you and your wife can make an informed decision to abort the pregnancy, this test is expensive and right now only done in Lagos, its just an option rich people are exploring in this kind of situation, other than this I will advise you to back out because you and your wife will not forgive yourselves if you guys have an SS child, weigh your options before going ahead with the marriage, later in life you will find out that marriage goes beyond I love you I love you.

I believe this is the chorionic villi testing... or amniotic testing.

The Sickle Cell Foundation in Lagos does it for a little less than 300k.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2020
toyetade:
I am AS and my wife is AS though we married at a time when this things were not known. But our 4 children were all ok all AS as well, never fallen sick before with 3 out of uni. One got married in April. Our marriage is 27 years already.

Thank God for you!
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by farem: 8:43am On Jun 05, 2020
bigmodo:

Your stupidity is unmitigated! I would have pursed to consider it a bit if you are banking on a level of spiritual fortifications but alas, spiritually, you're emptier than nothing!

No problem, BUT government should render the two of you sterile to stop the pains and calamity you want to lunch your innocent children into.
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Zuriel100(m): 8:46am On Jun 05, 2020
you both are wicked.... years later na... the poor child will be passing through pains.... stupid love
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by EMMALEX4REAL: 8:56am On Jun 05, 2020
So what do u want us to do clap or come hug u. abeg park well
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Sunsets: 9:07am On Jun 05, 2020
Just know that 'love' dey clear for eye. You go soon see. If you ever give birth to an SS baby, may thunder from third heaven with the speed of light strike you into hell. Amen.
bigmodo:

Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by vickybantin(m): 9:09am On Jun 05, 2020
guy I ain't lying we just buried one ss child yesterday in our church because the father who is a doctor is AS and the mother AS. guy uve made the biggest mistake of ur life
Re: I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS by Sunsets: 9:11am On Jun 05, 2020
Please keep this your testimony to yourself. Don't deceive people with exceptions. Even if it is a 1% chance of SS, don't gamble it.
toyetade:
I am AS and my wife is AS though we married at a time when this things were not known. But our 4 children were all ok all AS as well, never fallen sick before with 3 out of uni. One got married in April. Our marriage is 27 years already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Iguana Lizard Bites Bikini Clad Woman Doing Yoga On The Beach / HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest / Man Who Returned From London For Christmas Roaming The Streets Of Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.