Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,173 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Hyundai owners Discussion - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai owners Discussion (50552 Views)

O2 Sensors Spacers Discussion-Effective or not On 07 & Above Vehicles. / 11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Revealed - Be The First To See The First Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 7:29am On Jun 21, 2020
chukel:
it's the engine. They introduced the gdi engine in 2011
and the terrible AC compressor, they introduced variable displacement compressor that year, in most cases, it does not get up to 70,000km and the whole thing kaput.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
Conductor261:

Flee
It'll be nice if you can state why. He'll understand why he should flee then we can learn too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kavey10(m): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2020
BHyundai:
It'll be nice if you can state why. He'll understand why he should flee then we can learn too

He has nothing to say, he's just a blind troll. They see nothing good in other car models apart from whatever their interests are.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Conductor261: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
BHyundai:
That engine has a mind of its own. Better off with a more popular marque... MERCEDES Toyota or Lexus... Even Honda
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Conductor261: 6:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
kavey10:

He has nothing to say, he's just a blind troll. They see nothing good other car models apart from whatever their interests are.
You wish.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Slickleo: 8:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
Greetings PL hw much can I get dis Hyundai Elantra 2009 engine tokunbo

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by domack99(m): 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2020
nurey:

if your accent isn't the 2.0L then your engine cost around 650k, I don't know the gear cost sha. Also thise lower litre engine especially bought brand new in naija with 1.6L engine, the engine was built not to be repaired so any overheating that is severe, that is the beginning of the end.

Then the compressor of those years give up the ghost anything around 100k km mileage

Seems you really know this accent car. I bought a 2012 Naija use bought Brand New. More than a year of usage and no major problem. Something I noticed is that my OBDII scanner doesn't pick anything on the car. The AC also do not really chill much but I was surprised, the car is rugged than I thought. And not to forget, the from bumper is very fragile.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by dannydevito(m): 10:26am On Jun 22, 2020
Any suggestions on increasing ground clearance in an Elantra 2014 car is pretty low.... Also noticed recently the carrying 3 full adults the car goes really low...
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nymphomaniac(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
dannydevito:
Any suggestions on increasing ground clearance in an Elantra 2014 car is pretty low.... Also noticed recently the carrying 3 full adults the car goes really low...
buy bigger tires probably? Ground clearance is a general problem with sedans in Nigeria Cos of bad roads.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nymphomaniac(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
Any authorized Hyundai service center in Lagos that is cheap? Where do y’all repair your Hyundai cars ni?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by idtwo: 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lagos people, speak u pls.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by dannydevito(m): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
nymphomaniac:
buy bigger tires probably? Ground clearance is a general problem with sedans in Nigeria Cos of bad roads.

Pls any suggestions
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
dannydevito:

Pls any suggestions
I think it's not just by buying new tires.

Seek the advice of professionals. You can talk to Blackbishop and/or Gazzuzz. They have threads you can seek their opinions
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 9:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
nymphomaniac:
Any authorized Hyundai service center in Lagos that is cheap? Where do y’all repair your Hyundai cars ni?
Gazzuzz is good if you are on the mainland. Blackbishop is also on the mainland, though I've not gone to his place before.

Radautoworks on the Island.

You can mention others you know
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nymphomaniac(m): 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
dannydevito:

Pls any suggestions
what is your car rim size? Let us start from there.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by samadex2007: 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2020
For your Original Oil Filter (Bosch Brand) ,for all HYUNDAI brand, is available.

Valvoline engine oil, such as 5W20, 5W30, 5W40 and 10W40 is available.

SABRENT AUTOPARTS. 08060883679 ( Call and Whatsapp) .

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by samadex2007: 8:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
Valvoline lubricants

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by dannydevito(m): 11:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
nymphomaniac:
what is your car rim size? Let us start from there.

15 rim
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
How should the engine bay be washed?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by olumzzz(m): 4:10am On Jun 25, 2020
Slickleo:
Greetings PL hw much can I get dis Hyundai Elantra 2009 engine tokunbo
I guess this your own was bought brand new in nigeria.
The engine is about 500k.
However, i have the engine for the american spec at a giveaway price = Engine plus ECU at 150k grin
Confirm if a swap is possible.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nonhuman(m): 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
samadex2007:
Valvoline lubricants
how much is this oil
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by bendovex: 2:50am On Jun 26, 2020
olumzzz:

I guess this your own was bought brand new in nigeria.
The engine is about 500k.
However, i have the engine for the american spec at a giveaway price = Engine plus ECU at 150k grin
Confirm if a swap is possible.
can the American spec, which I understand is 2.0L engine, be successful swapped with the 1.6L engine variant which comes mostly with the models bought brand new in Nigeria? I'd like to think there's a possibility of that happening. I'm not very sure though.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by olumzzz(m): 5:54am On Jun 26, 2020
bendovex:
can the American spec, which I understand is 2.0L engine, be successful swapped with the 1.6L engine variant which comes mostly with the models bought brand new in Nigeria? I'd like to think there's a possibility of that happening. I'm not very sure though.
I'll like to think so too because the engine bay looks the same. Especially if they use the same gear box.
The American spec uses a MAF sensor and i think the other one doesn't.
Means an ECU, compressor and air flow swap should do the trick.
Gurus in the house, is this possible?
Cc:
Nurey
Egunmogaji2
Trygo
Gazzuzz
Diportivo
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by EgunMogaji2: 6:28am On Jun 26, 2020
olumzzz:

I'll like to think so too because the engine bay looks the same. Especially if they use the same gear box.
The American spec uses a MAF sensor and i think the other one doesn't.
Means an ECU, compressor and air flow swap should do the trick.
Gurus in the house, is this possible?
Cc:
Egunmogaji2

Anything is possible.

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by driving: 6:41am On Jun 26, 2020
I have a VERY clean tokunbo sonata for sale, with set of new tyre, mileage is 87,000. VIN is available.

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by olumzzz(m): 7:29am On Jun 26, 2020
I have an Elantra for sale.
Superclean.
Engine 1,000%
Gear has issues.
Engine well maintained with Mobil 1.
Pimped with formica, carbon fiber, black grill, tinted windows, spoiler and sill plates.
Contact the seller directly on 08065745700
600k.

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Deoboss(m): 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
kingreign:
As long as a Toyota is brought to compare any Korean brand, I'd be invited upon to slam my sledge hammer.

grin
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by bendovex: 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
olumzzz:
I have an Elantra for sale.
Superclean.
Engine 1,000%
Gear has issues.
Engine well maintained with Mobil 1.
Pimped with formica, carbon fiber, black grill, tinted windows, spoiler and sill plates.
Contact the seller directly on 08065745700
600k.
I like what you did with the formica pimping and the black grille. Just curious, did you replace the original grille with this black type or you just sprayed original grille. Can give more details on how you were to achieve those awesome pimping. I'd love to do same on my rude. Thanks.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by olumzzz(m): 10:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
bendovex:

I like what you did with the formica pimping and the black grille. Just curious, did you replace the original grille with this black type or you just sprayed original grille. Can give more details on how you were to achieve those awesome pimping. I'd love to do same on my rude. Thanks.
Black grille is simple. Just spray the fucking thing black.
Then for the formica, i can give you my formica guy's number. He'll remove it, fix it and put it back.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nawtyqutekushj(m): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
What’s the cost of reprogramming Hyundai Sonata 12 with an extra key lock? Car uses thumbstart !!!

Thanks
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nonhuman(m): 11:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
Why do I have to really force my gear lever before it could engage the Drive, but the reverse neutral and park are just normal, but when I shift to Drive it will show neutral until I force it, and I che k my flood level it was on hot position what will I do
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 9:22am On Jul 01, 2020
nonhuman:
Why do I have to really force my gear lever before it could engage the Drive, but the reverse neutral and park are just normal, but when I shift to Drive it will show neutral until I force it, and I che k my flood level it was on hot position what will I do

That's the way dodge intrepid 1996 is designed to operate. It's normal because it's a manual transmission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bodies Burnt Beyond Recognition In Enugu Multiple Car Accidents(Graphic Photos) / UNIBEN Student Loses His Parked Benz To A Mysterious Early-Morning Fire (Photos) / Will You Buy This Crashed 2019 Lamborghini Urus For N39.6million (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.