Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Hyundai owners Discussion - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai owners Discussion (50500 Views)

O2 Sensors Spacers Discussion-Effective or not On 07 & Above Vehicles. / 11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Revealed - Be The First To See The First Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by diportivo: 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2021
olumzzz:

That's the one sold by Dana Motors in Nigeria. Nigeria no get standard for vehicles sold brand new here. The american spec has temperature gauge.

this your assumption na wa o

so,these cars were manufactured for the Nigerian market only and hence the lack of temperature gauge??

or,kia and hyundai are the only manufacturers with cars without temperature gauge??...plenty Toyota yaris/echo not sold here at all as brand new without temperature guages

anyways,there are dana spec cars with and without temperature gauges.....trim level is the difference
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by olumzzz(m): 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
diportivo:

this your assumption na wa o

so,these cars were manufactured for the Nigerian market only and hence the lack of temperature gauge??

or,kia and hyundai are the only manufacturers with cars without temperature gauge??...plenty Toyota yaris/echo not sold here at all as brand new without temperature guages

anyways,there are dana spec cars with and without temperature gauges.....trim level is the difference
Read again.
I understand that english isn't your mother tongue.
Nigeria does not have a standard doesn't mean they were produced for the Nigerian market, only means they can dump anything here.
In America, no matter the trim level there's a minimum standard for emission, safety, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by diportivo: 10:56pm On Dec 02, 2021
olumzzz:

Read again.
I understand that english isn't your mother tongue.
Nigeria does not have a standard doesn't mean they were produced for the Nigerian market, only means they can dump anything here.
In America, no matter the trim level there's a minimum standard for emission, safety, etc.

America this,America that

crazy how yall sit on this America standard fence

I lack comprehension skills quite alright,but I know what u wrote and I know what u are implying....shifting the goalpost is allowed too....have fun while at it

no need talking about cars made for the American Market that do not have temperature gauge.....I'm sure the goal post will be shifted again and I will be labeled comprehension deficient.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by olumzzz(m): 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
diportivo:

America this,America that

crazy how yall sit on this America standard fence

I lack comprehension skills quite alright,but I know what u wrote and I know what u are implying....shifting the goalpost is allowed too....have fun while at it

no need talking about cars made for the American Market that do not have temperature gauge.....I'm sure the goal post will be shifted again and I will be labeled comprehension deficient.
grin
Correct nigga
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by demolagilbert: 5:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
The temp guage delete is standard for 2009 and 2010 elantra, regardless of location or spec. In fact that is one of the minor changes they made from 07/08 design into the 09/10 design..the front grill changed a bit too
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by diportivo: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
demolagilbert:
The temp guage delete is standard for 2009 and 2010 elantra, regardless of location or spec. In fact that is one of the minor changes they made from 07/08 design into the 09/10 design..the front grill changed a bit too

the ones sold in Australia/New Zealand have temperature gauges as standard in all models of this generation
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by demolagilbert: 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
diportivo:

the ones sold in Australia/New Zealand have temperature gauges as standard in all models of this generation

great to learn that. I spoke based on websites I scoured looking to learn the diff new things added per model year when I was looking to buy one. It mentioned those changes I highlighted, but understandably they can't cover all jurisdictions in one article. Chances of finding Aussie cars here or even in the US or Canada kuma slim gan.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by oluyinkavic(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hello,

I'm having issues trying to connect my phone Bluetooth to Hyundai Elantra 2009. Any help on how to go about it?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by diportivo: 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2021
oluyinkavic:
Hello,

I'm having issues trying to connect my phone Bluetooth to Hyundai Elantra 2009. Any help on how to go about it?

please

a picture of your car deck will go a long way
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by oluyinkavic(m): 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
diportivo:

please

a picture of your car deck will go a long way

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by diportivo: 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2021
oluyinkavic:

I don see a Bluetooth option here sir
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Rufyail: 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hello

I am happy to have found this thread. I need a good review of the 2009 Hyundai Tucson.

I intend to get for my wife but am sceptical as I have a neighbour a few years ago who was always fixing him and within one year he sold it.

Pls, advise is it a good SUV? Thank you
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by oluyinkavic(m): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
I have something like this also.

diportivo:

I don see a Bluetooth option here sir

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by diportivo: 10:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
oluyinkavic:

looks like a phone Bluetooth set up

possibly works for phone calls only
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by aieromon(m): 12:27am On Dec 13, 2021
oluyinkavic:

Setup supports phone calls only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuEBnhw_LHs&t=163s
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by oluyinkavic(m): 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
Thanks, i will check it out.

aieromon:

Setup supports phone calls only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuEBnhw_LHs&t=163s
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by emaminaj(m): 11:31am On Dec 15, 2021
Your take on the 2012 Hyundai Genesis. V6, V8 which is best for our darling country and what issues should I be aware of before buying any. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by oluyinkavic(m): 8:35am On Dec 17, 2021
Tried to get this particular app on play store, its not there. Any help.

oluyinkavic:
Thanks, i will check it out.

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by 2kurupt(m): 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2021
Please I need a used ECU (39150-23012) for Hyundai Elantra 2008. Hit my mentions if you have any
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
emaminaj:
Your take on the 2012 Hyundai Genesis. V6, V8 which is best for our darling country and what issues should I be aware of before buying any. Thanks

8 speed auto, prone to failures. Quite well documented.
The GDI engines in 2012-14 also need frequent decarbonization. It produces shoots and stains the rear bumpers. Then is the issue of price for oils. The transmission needs 10quarts of oil, engine needs 7-8 quarts of oils depending on the type of engine.
Shocks are expensive. The last time I checked, ₦300,000 for set of shocks.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Ayo7(m): 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2021
See link below for reviews :

https://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/genesis/2012/review/

The major concern are trial by error mechanics if you don't take time to understand the vehicle. It does not only apply to Hyundai Genesis but to every brand of cars. One needs to understand the vehicle, error codes and possible solutions before trial by error mechanics cause expensive damages.

emaminaj:
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by TEQ365VENTURES(m): 11:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
Please people I’ve been seeing the Hyundai Sonata 2016 on Nigerian Roads and I like the car is it a good buy?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by emaminaj(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2022
kingreign:

8 speed auto, prone to failures. Quite well documented.
The GDI engines in 2012-14 also need frequent decarbonization. It produces shoots and stains the rear bumpers. Then is the issue of price for oils. The transmission needs 10quarts of oil, engine needs 7-8 quarts of oils depending on the type of engine.
Shocks are expensive. The last time I checked, ₦300,000 for set of shocks.

So I should just skip the v8 and have it in mind that parts are gonna be expensive, yea?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2022
emaminaj:

So I should just skip the v8 and have it in mind that parts are gonna be expensive, yea?

They're within similar price range.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Ayo7(m): 9:34am On Jan 02, 2022
Generally V4 engines take about 5 litres of engine oil, V6 engines about 6 - 7 litres and V8 engines about 7 - 9 litres . Also quality engine oils are not that cheap.

Generally "original OEM" vehicle parts (shocks, brake pads, ignition coils etc) are expensive regardless of the car brand (Toyota, Lexus, Hyundai etc). The cheaper options available are tokunbo or sub-standard parts which are most times cheap but with or without guarantee.

Nowadays, there are places in Ladipo where original OEM parts can be bought for Hyundai unlike before. Moreover, Hyundai vehicles are proven to be highly reliable in this recent times.

What can be important is the purpose of the vehicle and location for use. V8 engine in traffic prone areas is not really advisable.

So regardless of what brand of car chosen, maintenance with original OEM products isn't cheap but comes with guarantee.

emaminaj:

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by emaminaj(m): 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ayo7:
Generally V4 engines take about 5 litres of engine oil, V6 engines about 6 - 7 litres and V8 engines about 7 - 9 litres . Also quality engine oils are not that cheap.

Generally "original OEM" vehicle parts (shocks, brake pads, ignition coils etc) are expensive regardless of the car brand (Toyota, Lexus, Hyundai etc). The cheaper options available are tokunbo or sub-standard parts which are most times cheap but with or without guarantee.

Nowadays, there are places in Ladipo where original OEM parts can be bought for Hyundai unlike before. Moreover, Hyundai vehicles are proven to be highly reliable in this recent times.

What can be important is the purpose of the vehicle and location for use. V8 engine in traffic prone areas is not really advisable.

So regardless of what brand of car chosen, maintenance with original OEM products isn't cheap but comes with guarantee.

Lagos commute actually.

Thanks for the response
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by emaminaj(m): 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
kingreign:

They're within similar price range.

Was referring to the failure of the v8 like you said
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
emaminaj:

Was referring to the failure of the v8 like you said

I never said the V8 fails or are prone to failures please. Read carefully what I posted in response to your question.

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by emaminaj(m): 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
kingreign:

I never said the V8 fails or are prone to failures please. Read carefully what I posted in response to your question.

Ouch. Sorry about that. Just noticed. Thanks again
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
emaminaj:

Ouch. Sorry about that. Just noticed. Thanks again
It's no worries.

The issues I gave in my quote refers to the 3 or 4 types of engines the genesis 2012-2014 are plagued with. I am actually in the market for one but I am taking my time to research and hopefully mid year I'd shoot my shot!
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Ayo7(m): 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
Well I have a 2011 model available for sale in case ...V6

kingreign:

It's no worries.

The issues I gave in my quote refers to the 3 or 4 types of engines the genesis 2012-2014 are plagued with. I am actually in the market for one but I am taking my time to research and hopefully mid year I'd shoot my shot!
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ayo7:
Well I have a 2011 model available for sale in case ...V6

I've been following yours, from when you immediately posted it. It's lovely and has all the bells and whistles I desire in a genesis plus its the year I am looking for but i avoid black exteriors and interiors because of Abuja sun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB Officially Unveiled (Photos And Details) / Bodies Burnt Beyond Recognition In Enugu Multiple Car Accidents(Graphic Photos) / MIMSHAC-MERKAVIM: First Vehicle Plant In South-South Nigeria Nears Completion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.