Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? (28146 Views)

Quit Notice To A Tenant / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by NoToPile: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2020
ovalrose:

Happy Sunday, ma'am. How's the family? Please I just sent you a PM

Happy Sunday ma, replied.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by okine4real: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
NoToPile:

This baba is talking the facts but sir there are some locations you cannot just put high rent. Like locations of my mums properties, self contain with the best finishing can't be more than 200k maximum in one and the one in ikorodu can't be more than 100k I think. Also locations determine the calibre of tenants too. sad

I know be baba ohh. Am a very young guy... 38 years to be precise. Am just lucky say I get sense small. When money enter person hand, use am wisely because money na visitor. If you use am go drink beer or go dey carry woman, na you sabi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by NoToPile: 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
okine4real:

I know be baba ohh. Am a very young guy... 38 years to be precise. Am just lucky say I get sense small. When money enter person hand, use am wisely because money na visitor. If you use am go drink beer or go dey carry woman, na you sabi

Words of wisdom

Baba - The title is not only about age jooor

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Dpsychologist: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
NoToPile:

grin grin grin
I don't know how someone would say something like that.

Me too I am a tenant and I know how we start planning for house rent, even before 5 months to the expiry date we ensure we make provision for it. We paid another rent recently during lockdown landlord is abroad, the baba didn't even remember , exactly on the day the rent expired we had to send watsap message to baba that how are we going to pay oo, account no and everything. Baba was surprised, he called hubby and gisted with him.

Baba sent account no and we paid the money in. He now transfered money we had used to buy a new pump( we are the only ones in the compound) and also a gift for the new baby.

We could have used this lockdown as an excuse that there was no payment blabla bla (like one of my mums tenant did again) as if one doesn't plan rent before the due date.

I have seen how painful/annoying it is to deprive landlords of their right and as a tenant by Gods grace we won't do such we too want to have our own home.

Very nice of u
You have the best comment so far
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Cynnny(f): 11:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hi Landlords,

Please does anyone have a room self contain around Yaba, Jibowu, Shomolu, and environs? I am looking to rent one.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Inception(m): 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

It's beyond your write-up. Even a room goes for N10,000 upwards.

Pray you don't become a tenant then you will understand

Madam. I am a Landlord to 4 tenants and I live as a tenant i n another man's house ( my preference)

Where I live, I can pay the rent for 3 years comfortably , because I don't bite more than what I can chew.
Don't live beyond your means. If you can only afford a space under the bridge , fine. So that you can plan your life well and not be under pressure.

Don't be an " acting big man"

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Gerrard59(m): 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Horrible stories everywhere. embarassed
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by nurusystem(m): 9:12am On Jun 23, 2020
Dpsychologist:
May b she is crushing on u
she is o
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by NoToPile: 7:19am On Jun 28, 2020
ovalrose:

Happy Sunday, ma'am. How's the family? Please I just sent you a PM

Kindly check your mail
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by ovalrose(f): 12:06am On Jul 02, 2020
NoToPile:

Kindly check your mail

I have, and replied too, thank you so much for your kindness ma. May God bless you and yours in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by olamide0147: 7:09am On Aug 10, 2020
okine4real:
i have about 8 tenants in one of mine house, they have refused to pay mine rent for about three years now. the rent is 70k per annum, room and parlor self contain. the worst is, this guys are giving birth in mine house. To even go to mine house self they tire me... Because of how tenants behave in ikorodu, i decided not to build there anymore. Most of the tenants always behaving has if they have not eating for years, when i ask for rent na story, but they are lucky because i live very far from the said house so i cant really deal with them.... i also have another structure there, someone is leaving there free of charge.... the person only helps in cleaning the compound, mine friend put them there so as to secure the compound. so because of the ikorodu experience, i decided to build another structure close to where i leave, i leave somewhere around Jibowu Lagos.. after building the house, i rented it for 450k per annum and 50k service charge...total is 500k. i made the rent so high so that, all those people when never chop would not near mine house. i tried as much as i can to make the house very beautiful. If there is know light for even a year, the house has a generator that would be used to pump water, i made it clear, i dont want to see aboki selling water to the tenants, any security light that gets burnt will be replaced by me, if the pumping machine gets spoil, it would be fixed by me,payment for lawma is included in the service charge also with payment for the woman sweeping the compound, that was the reason i charged them service charge. Every tenants minds there business, even one of mine tenants changed his car after moving in. the main reason most landlords have problem wit tenants is because most of the tenants done too tey for the house so they become Gods... after like 7 years, i will increase the rent to like 600k or more, depending on what is obtainable. And i will not want to give mine room and parlor self contain to married people.. Even if you want to get married, they would either park out or give birth to lesser children may be two kids or maximum 3 kids. the fact is tenants that have these kind of mind set is different from those once when know get money yet born like 5 children still bring him relation come the house. so strategically i placed come factors before renting mine house house. bad tenants more worst than bad wife. Also dont make your rent cheap, when your rent is 200k for two bed room flat in a place like Jibowu... even when the occupants are not working, they will be able to pay the rent because with two direct from baba IJEBU THEY WILL HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY YOUR RENT, mean while, two bed room flat new house is 800k in Jibowu. But the bad part is such kind of tenants cannot do repairs in your house, if there are major damage, the damage would be left undone, and once left undone, the damage would keep expanding.... Also landlord should try and get prepaid meters for tenants, its expensive but when installed in a house, it reduces rift between landlord and tenant.

cheera

Audio houses lmao
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Leezah(f): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
One4me:

It is not a must that everyone must live in `a 3-Bed Flat.
Your Rent must never be more than 35%of your income, whether monthly or annually. Anything above that, you are looking for trouble.
If your Monthly income is #30,000, then go and rent a single Room that costs #10,000 - #12,000 per month, Maximum.
Dont go and rent a two bedroom and be forming big man, you are on a minimum wage, for God sake!

We really dont have a Govt in Nigeria. Landlord provides for everything, including water, gutter, electric Poles, when they build.
Landlords at times take loan to build a house and they have to repay the bank back, so how can they tolerate a defaulting tenant or do you want the bank to sieze their house?
Landlord- Tenant relationship is a Business relationship, they are not father Christmans. grin It is a matter of BUY-and- SELL.

You cant go into a ShopRite shop and carry an LCD TV and tell them there is no job therefore you wont pay. You will rather stay away from the place.
Samething, if you cant afford a rent, move to a lower class accomodation that you can afford and always take your rent as a priority.
Save for it, avoid other expenses, just to make sure your rent is always available.

The only thing l cant and will never tolerate is a tenant that owes me rent, l so much detest them.
As a kid, l remember my Dad say he wont by me a Chopper bicycle as Christmas present, which was the rave in those days.
I was so upset because l overheard him and my Mum talking about some money that he just got. My friends have just got their own shiny Chopper bikes.
I finally refused to eat and got sick, then he called me one day and said, l know you heard about the money but that money is for our Rent renewal and l cannot touch it. I was like so this man will suffer me just because of House` Rent?
Eventually he persuaded me to give up on the Bike and when the Landlord came to our house to collect the rent (5th of every January, he never misses it), l heard him praying for my Dad as usual. You will invite me to your own house warming bla bla bla.

I got my bike the following long Holiday (July!), my Dad completed his own House about two years later and that same Baba was at our house warming ceremony and my Dad recalled this same story to everyone at that event.
Every Tenant that lived in our own house has gone to build their own house from rigth inside our house except one stubborn goat who made a nuisance of himself, always trying to play smart, wont pay his rent when due and very arrogant.
After a lot of warning and a quit notice, my Dad changed the lock to his apartment, he went to bring Police, my Dad brought in Soldiers. Police told him to go to court. My Dad actaully sued him to court but he did not appear.

'Jankara' accelerated and finished his case in no time and just one morning as l was about to go to school, a big truck hired by my Dad (7am sharp) and the Court Bailiff came to pack all his properties, they siezed his car for auction. Come and see disgrace in the neighbourhood.
He quickly started running around and begging people to loan him money, the Bailiff told him that once the things gets to the Court, it will be sold at give-away price to recover his debts. Come and see begging, for someone who pulled Police on my Dad! grin

I refuse to go to school that day, l wa so glad to see his back.
Eventually, neighbours pleaded on his behalf with my Dad (Bailiff was getting impatient and wants to leave with the properties), somehow, he got the money together, from neighbours, Church members, his family members, etc. Every cent and the cost of litigation and Truck rent, was paid.
Finally, the truck left with the Bailiff and his things were strewn all over the road for almost five days; one rain decided to add insult to this injury.

Now, l am a landlord too, my Dad's landlord died two years ago at 97yrs, he was also a`t my own House Warming and l beleive that those tenants who really take their rent seriously and pay it on time, those who get the prayers of their Landlord, will build their own house in no time.
Maybe it is the pressure of not wanting to owe rent or maybe it is the prayers of the Landlord but l noticed that all my Dad's Tenant till date (except one) left from our house to their own. Right now, l have helped two of my own tenants to secure land at Ikorodu and l went with one to supervise block-laying on his land, just before the Covid-19 lockdown.
But they know that if you want to see my red eye, just dont pay your Rent once it is one week before it is due, then you will know that l am not nice at all.
I hate to ask people for money so l respect when they pay without my asking but my Tenants are like part of my family, l love them, it is only house rent that can separate us and we all know not to cross that line. By fire, by force, they must build their own house.
Even the young banker who just got married two years ago and was trying to buy a second flashy car, l told him there is no parking space except he buys a land first, he was angry but has bought the land anyway, now the Wife and his Mother are thanking me.
Silly Tenant, he wants to be flexing about with money, what if he loses his banking job suddenly, how will he pay my own rent or will l let him live there for free? I will throw him out jejely, l nor send.
You are yet to be a full grown man, until you have your own house.
What goes around comes around? It's a combination of your dad's landlord prayers and his ability to pay rent. My mom's house a tenant has moved to his own house, 3 other sitting tenants are building thier. But with COVID-19 it been a b8t difficult i juay became flexible half yearly. Your dad met a nice tenants to be able to change his keys. If not I will stay in that house without rent.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Leezah(f): 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
One4me:

And you think landlords too dont have and know their rights?
While l dont condone changing of keys or locking a tenant out but there laws that Landlords can use, to deal with such tenant, without wasting any time at all.
Its all in the Tenancy Laws and we all keep a copy and retain a sound Lawyer. undecided
where is it?
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Leezah(f): 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
One4me:

You are my type of Landlord, you sabi how e dey roll.
I ahev it in my own Agreement with tenants, that the House is designed for a maximum of five heads (Parents and two Children, max.), once you are more than that, the house is no longer suitable for you and you have to seek alternative accomodation, l dont want any over population and over-use of my facilities. All flats have their Prepaid meter, from inception, l load Credit on the Utilities meter that controls Compound lighthing, Cameras, Pumping machine and other general items. I do all repairs, you touch my wall, your Security Deposit is a gonner. No Generator after 11pm, use an Inverter if there is no light. Everything is in black and white in our "private" agreement and can be enforced at law but my tenants are nice lads in their late 20's, early thirties. .

And you are right, it is only in cheap houses that you see the tenants taking 'breeze' in the balcony, Behind Tenants are inside with A.C blaring and watching a Movie or listening to 'Are you don-tuulking'. grin
Is it true that Ibos are no-go areas as Tenants, most people l have heard from always say never, ever give then rent in your house?
What is your own experience with them?
it's an individual thing not a tribe thing as regards tenants who are classified as "no go area". If you design your house very big as my landlord did you will not need to have to tell them the maximum number to have even to put nail for wall gan no war. Extremely spacious, you can have a family meeting there.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by odimbannamdi(m): 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
One4me:

Your Rent must never be more than 35%of your income, whether monthly or annually. Anything above that, you are looking for trouble.
If your Monthly income is #30,000, then go and rent a single Room that costs #10,000 - #12,000 per month, Maximum.
Dont go and rent a two bedroom and be forming big man, you are on a minimum wage, for God sake!

We really dont have a Govt in Nigeria. Landlord provides for everything, including water, gutter, electric Poles, when they build.
Landlords at times take loan to build a house and they have to repay the bank back, so how can they tolerate a defaulting tenant or do you want the bank to sieze their house?
Landlord- Tenant relationship is a Business relationship, they are not father Christmans. grin It is a matter of BUY-and- SELL.

You cant go into a ShopRite shop and carry an LCD TV and tell them there is no job therefore you wont pay. You will rather stay away from the place.
Samething, if you cant afford a rent, move to a lower class accomodation that you can afford and always take your rent as a priority.
Save for it, avoid other expenses, just to make sure your rent is always available.

The only thing l cant and will never tolerate is a tenant that owes me rent, l so much detest them.
As a kid, l remember my Dad say he wont by me a Chopper bicycle as Christmas present, which was the rave in those days.
I was so upset because l overheard him and my Mum talking about some money that he just got. My friends have just got their own shiny Chopper bikes.
I finally refused to eat and got sick, then he called me one day and said, l know you heard about the money but that money is for our Rent renewal and l cannot touch it. I was like so this man will suffer me just because of House` Rent?
Eventually he persuaded me to give up on the Bike and when the Landlord came to our house to collect the rent (5th of every January, he never misses it), l heard him praying for my Dad as usual. You will invite me to your own house warming bla bla bla.

I got my bike the following long Holiday (July!), my Dad completed his own House about two years later and that same Baba was at our house warming ceremony and my Dad recalled this same story to everyone at that event.
Every Tenant that lived in our own house has gone to build their own house from rigth inside our house except one stubborn goat who made a nuisance of himself, always trying to play smart, wont pay his rent when due and very arrogant.
After a lot of warning and a quit notice, my Dad changed the lock to his apartment, he went to bring Police, my Dad brought in Soldiers. Police told him to go to court. My Dad actaully sued him to court but he did not appear.

'Jankara' accelerated and finished his case in no time and just one morning as l was about to go to school, a big truck hired by my Dad (7am sharp) and the Court Bailiff came to pack all his properties, they siezed his car for auction. Come and see disgrace in the neighbourhood.
He quickly started running around and begging people to loan him money, the Bailiff told him that once the things gets to the Court, it will be sold at give-away price to recover his debts. Come and see begging, for someone who pulled Police on my Dad! grin

Eventually, neighbours pleaded on his behalf with my Dad (Bailiff was getting impatient and wants to leave with the properties), somehow, he got the money together, from neighbours, Church members, his family members, etc. Every cent and the cost of litigation and Truck rent, was paid.
Finally, the truck left with the Bailiff and his things were strewn all over the road for almost five days; one rain decided to add insult to this injury.

Now, l am a landlord too, my Dad's landlord died two years ago at 97yrs, he was also a`t my own House Warming and l beleive that those tenants who really take their rent seriously and pay it on time, those who get the prayers of their Landlord, will build their own house in no time.
Maybe it is the pressure of not wanting to owe rent or maybe it is the prayers of the Landlord but l noticed that all my Dad's Tenant till date (except one) left from our house to their own. Right now, l have helped two of my own tenants to secure land at Ikorodu and l went with one to supervise block-laying on his land, just before the Covid-19 lockdown.
But they know that if you want to see my red eye, just dont pay your Rent once it is one week before it is due, then you will know that l am not nice at all.
I hate to ask people for money so l respect when they pay without my asking but my Tenants are like part of my family, l love them, it is only house rent that can separate us and we all know not to cross that line. By fire, by force, they must build their own house.
Even the young banker who just got married two years ago and was trying to buy a second flashy car, l told him there is no parking space except he buys a land first, he was angry but has bought the land anyway, now the Wife and his Mother are thanking me.
Silly Tenant, he wants to be flexing about with money, what if he loses his banking job suddenly, how will he pay my own rent or will l let him live there for free? I will throw him out jejely, l nor send.

People of this thread, please permit me to quote all of this. I know it will consume space, but i am sorry. This post is the best post i ever read on Nairaland. The words are on marble, and i want to referencing it from time to time and sharing also sharing it.

One4me, thanks!
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Dpsychologist: 12:15am On Sep 21, 2020
odimbannamdi:

People of this thread, please permit me to quote all of this. I know it will consume space, but i am sorry. This post is the best post i ever read on Nairaland. The words are on marble, and i want to referencing it from time to time and sharing also sharing it.

One4me, thanks!
No p bro
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Pojomojo: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
hukzyfcbb: 8:50am
Leezah:
How do you know a good tenant?
You can never know a good tenant.

I was speaking with someone who told me how a new tenant packed into their building and now owing rent.

Before them the tenant came in a borrowed car and a very nice Kaftan, to depict a well to do status. the agent fell for the gimmicks and thought this tenant doesn't look like one who will owe.

After 1yr of an exhausted rent, it's been gba gbos with the landlord as he has been owing rent for almost a year.

so you cannot know oh...It's just try your luck

from my small experience, the best tenants are those in the corporate world.
They seem to have a sense of general cleanliness, they don't have unnecessary quarrel over stupid things like where to spread clothes.
they co-operate better to acheive a common goal like repair pumping machine.

Those who are into business are kinda razz and feel anything goes. No shades to the business people but this has been my observation as well

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Leezah(f): 9:52am On Sep 23, 2020
Never Give your family members or friends your house it will end it a strain relationship.
Ndipe:
One of my uncle's allowed his childhood friend to stay in his boysquarters rent free.His benevolent gesture was outside the state he currently stays at. His friend lived there rent free for nine years. Then my uncle heard that he was telling people that he was the owner of the house. Afraid that he might misappropriate his property, my uncle gave him a quit notice
The guy took offence and quarelled with my uncle. That ended their decades long friendship.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Leezah(f): 9:57am On Sep 23, 2020
NoToPile:
If I talk ehn book go full.

Mumsies tenants and their wahala.

The one that was reminded about his rent being due that said it skipped his mind grin grin grin

The ones that will never pay NEPA bills, you were owing about 24k and then prepaid came, ekedc diverted all the debt to the prepaid you now said you won't pay it ,you now expected the new tenant that came in that you are sharing the prepaid with that is not owing kobo to pay the debt on the prepaid, who does that.

The ones that always pay rent in arrears, you would have used 6months before paying 6 months rent again and then you use the next 6 months to be asking for rent (we felt maybe yearly rent is too much out be paying 6monthd now wahala again).

One is presently owing 7 months areas now, the money she dropped early this year will elapse november last year.

The one that was owing NEPA bills of 17k and couldn't pay 120k rent for self con, oya pack out now, we wipe off the 120k just pay the 17k NEPA bill as that one is not our own money its nepas money and it will reflect when prepaid comes. Shishi he didn't drop, we had to pay that debt when they installed the prepaid abi shey its new tenant that will pay debt on prepaid?

I must confess since we got the prepaid meters wahala has been reduced,although there's a stubborn one that is refusing to pay her own share as she is sharing a prepaid with another person, how will you expect someone to be buying units for you. How these people sleep at night baffles me.

I don't blame harsh landlords, in all honesty I don't. Those ones ehn you dare not try rubbish with them.

I also find it annoying when people think you are wicked when you ask them for rent.

The bolded very true and I have seen that such Landlors have many houses.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Leezah(f): 9:57am On Sep 23, 2020
simplesearch:

There'll always be an exception to the rule, once you get 70% of your tenant on your side they'll help you tackle the remaining reciltrant 30, however if they all agree you are inconsiderate then you are done for. That's where you need to deal with your tenant on individual level once they start to show symptomps of negligence to paying their rent.
shocked
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by talk2dre(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
One4me:

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:17am On Oct 03, 2020
okine4real:

brother see, the rule is, the more they stay, the more they become a problem... when the time comes... i will do everything in mine power to make them leave willingly. i dont want anybody to suffer in mine house ohh, if you pay your rent, once there is issues, i attend to it. the have had issues with there pumping machine this year, i bought a new one, in less than 24 hours the water issue was corrected, the most of the tenants where not even aware of the water issue.. mine only problem with them would be, when the time to pay the rent.. i even made it simple, i told them pay me every 6 months not yearly so it would not be hard for them.

i just paid about 270k for the purchase of prepaid meters... the tenants are complaining that nepa bills given to them is high... a trying to solve hat one now. na only ikorodu be mine problem......

What part of Ikorodu?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2020
HoliMaree:

Since February I applied for prepaid meter without success. The tenants living in my house have become far too comfortable, doing things without seeking permission and one wicked one will never repair any damaged thing, the idiot always Waite for me to repair it, he doesn't mind eating beside excreter, he will never repair anything with his money. I've made up my mind to increase rent so that they leave peacefully. The idea is just for them to leave.

The landlord is to repair damages in the house, the tenant is to repair damages in their apartments.

It is good for a landlord to keep aside 15% if his rental income for the repairs and maintenance of his property

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2020
okine4real:

Definely the house will always undergo repairs. I don't joke with mine house ohh. This year alone I have spend close to 200k doing one repair or the other... If I leave the repair undone, the problem would expand. After like three years Max, I would paint again. The senerio is, as a landlord don't be greedy, spend money on your house, so when you want to increase, know body go complain.

Another mistake landlords make is, you collect cheap rent, when you collect cheap rent, where do you want to get money to be used to maintain your house? If I have a room and parlor self contain and you paying 300k for city ohh, if anything spoil, I can't come and fix it, the 300k know reach me self for a year, but if tenants are paying 500k, I can still spend 100k to maintain the house for the tenants yearly. As a landlord, if you don't get things right from the beginning, you would be putting yourself in big trouble.

Unless if this is all you do. Professional real estate Investors give their properties to facility management or estate management firms, it saves one a lot of stress.

House rent is determined by the cost of the investment, going rate in the environment and demand and supply.

We have difficult tenants everywhere, it has nothing to do with what you charge. There are landlords who charge 250k per housing units who are do better than landlords who are charging N2.5 million per housing unit ..

To spread my risk, I will rather have 20 tenants who are paying 250k than having 2 tenants who are paying N2.5 million.

Doing proper due diligence and risk assessment is key to succeed as a professional rental income investor and not necessarily based on what you charge. People should learn to use professionals, if they want to avoid unnecessary stress

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:27am On Oct 03, 2020
HoliMaree:

Baba thanks, the single guys in my house are just like married men. One is the first born and all his younger brothers joined him ×3) there. I'm sure they're his brothers cause I know their parents. The second young guy, is around 26 his mother and siblings stay in one room with him. That one is more than useless, can't repair anything or pay bill

That is another fallacy by thinking that having unmarried tenants is the key to success with tenants.

Indiscipline and irresponsibility is not marital status, religious or gender specific

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:31am On Oct 03, 2020
kaziblake:
Our last tenant that left removed everything right from the shower to the bulbs and even door handle
My mum Just told him that karma will deal with him

Always better to deal with corporate guys, government workers and avoid traders, businessmen and self employed tenants, except if you have done appropriate due diligence.

Most landlords are concerned with the first payment without considering continuity and sustainability of the payment

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:49am On Oct 03, 2020
NoToPile:

This baba is talking the facts but sir there are some locations you cannot just put high rent. Like locations of my mums properties, self contain with the best finishing can't be more than 200k maximum in one and the one in ikorodu can't be more than 100k I think. Also locations determine the calibre of tenants too. sad

A room and parlour self contain at Ogolonto, Agric. Ebute areas of Ikorodu is between 150k and 220k, two bedroom apartment is between 250k and 270k.

Plot of land is also about N5 million
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by NoToPile: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

A room and parlour self contain at Ogolonto, Agric. Ebute areas of Ikorodu is between 150k and 220k, two bedroom apartment is between 250k and 270k.

Plot of land is also about N5 million

I am talking of interior Ikorodu

Ogonloto is exterior , so the prices are okay.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
NoToPile:

I am talking of interior Ikorodu

Ogonloto is exterior , so the prices are okay.

The exterior is closer to Lagos and I prefer that to the interior
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by okine4real: 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

What part of Ikorodu?

One is in ikorodu while the second is around Jibowu.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Leezah(f): 11:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
I enjoyed this thread
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? by Pojomojo: 8:18am On Mar 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The landlord is to repair damages in the house, the tenant is to repair damages in their apartments.

It is good for a landlord to keep aside 15% if his rental income for the repairs and maintenance of his property
So, what's the damages that was paid upfront is meant for for me to repair things in my apartment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Azuri Peninsula In Eko Atlantic Begins Construction! / Re: Pictorial Representation Of A Kitchen Cabinet And Doors / Got A Busy Schedule?...the Solution Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.