Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,499 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married (8634 Views)

Share Your Missed Sex Opportunities! Did You Regret It? / Why Do You Regret And Feel Ashamed After Sex? / Different Types Of Nigerian Guys In A Girls Dm(inbox) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by khia: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ishilove:

Yes it does. It is also known as customary marriage and is legally binding.

Ok.
Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by khia: 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
Boss13:

When you have no proper knowledge about marriage and women, you will definitely regret your marriage. What I have noticed in marriage, men do not live for themselves anymore, they live for their wives and kids. I am not saying this is bad, but I have come to realised that you can never please a woman 100% - NEVER. Men must understand women are manipulative and controlling. If you lose that control, you will regret your marriage. Also, once you wife knows you have no control over her, she will run wild, blame you for it, divorce, or leave you.

Women do not love unconditionally. They love for peculiar reasons or conditions. When those conditions are absent, she will become a throng on your flesh. A woman will fall in line when her husband is strong and masculine. Lastly, if your woman says she is a feminist - don't marry her. You do not want a woman struggling for control in your marriage. There can ONLY be one captain and that should be you.

Men must understand this. A woman is with you because of what you can offer/provide or the potential ability of what you can offer/provide. Don't get stupid with the "I love you" nonsense you hear.

How will you control her, by beating her senseless?

2 Likes

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by MedicH: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
Boss13:

When you have no proper knowledge about marriage and women, you will definitely regret your marriage. What I have noticed in marriage, men do not live for themselves anymore, they live for their wives and kids. I am not saying this is bad, but I have come to realised that you can never please a woman 100% - NEVER. Men must understand women are manipulative and controlling. If you lose that control, you will regret your marriage. Also, once you wife knows you have no control over her, she will run wild, blame you for it, divorce, or leave you.

Women do not love unconditionally. They love for peculiar reasons or conditions. When those conditions are absent, she will become a throng on your flesh. A woman will fall in line when her husband is strong and masculine. Lastly, if your woman says she is a feminist - don't marry her. You do not want a woman struggling for control in your marriage. There can ONLY be one captain and that should be you.

Men must understand this. A woman is with you because of what you can offer/provide or the potential ability of what you can offer/provide. Don't get stupid with the "I love you" nonsense you hear.

My brother you have just said it all. A man should just strive to be substantive. In all my efforts I do not even put the woman as q priority but the kids. I can always let the woman go and keep custody.

10 Likes

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by MedicH: 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ishilove:

What do you present to court or consulate as a proof of traditional marriage?

How is a traditional marriage dissolved?

What is legal about a traditional marriage?

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by khia: 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ishilove:

What is the point in having a white wedding as well as a traditional one?

2 Likes

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by khia: 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
MedicH:

Good questions, do you have the answers? A friend said she has a traditional marriage but it's not legally binding.
Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by MedicH: 5:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
khia:
Good questions, do you have the answers? A friend said she has a traditional marriage but it's not legally binding.

I don't have answers. The traditional marriage institution is not very adequate. Such marriage can be dissolved over the phone and requires no legal proceedings. Issues or custody, child support, alimony etc are not covered properly and there's not concrete evidence to substantiate a traditional marriage claim the way we marriage certs. So I wonder. I won't advice a lady i know to partake in such. One can do a court marriage and a traditional that's fine.

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by vickydankal(f): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2020
All this baby daddies to be, you want reasons to justify your reasons not to get married.

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by khia: 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
MedicH:

I don't have answers. The traditional marriage institution is not very adequate. Such marriage can be dissolved over the phone and requires no legal proceedings. Issues or custody, child support, alimony etc are not covered properly and there's not concrete evidence to substantiate a traditional marriage claim the way we marriage certs. So I wonder. I won't advice a lady i know to partake in such. One can do a court marriage and a traditional that's fine.

Sounds like play play to me. So the children of such a marriage wouldn't be considered legal?
Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by MedicH: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
khia:

Sounds like play play to me. So the children of such a marriage wouldn't be considered legal?

Customarily, the village chiefs and clan heads and elders who actually have most of the say in this setting consider the offsprings as legitimate products of a union they witnessed and raised their beer at. However, it's important to differentiate between legitimate and legal. If legal has to imply being constitutional and backed by state law, those kids can't be said to be legal because the union that produced them is not backed by a court.
Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by khia: 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
MedicH:

Customarily, the village chiefs and clan heads and elders who actually have most of the say in this setting consider the offsprings as legitimate products of a union they witnessed and raised their beer at. However, it's important to differentiate between legitimate and legal. If legal has to imply being constitutional and backed by state law, those kids can't be said to be legal because the union that produced them is not backed by a court.

But wouldn't that union be supported biblically? I mean by YAH as opposed to man?
Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Ishilove: 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
khia:

Fantastic question which makes me scratch my head all the time. There really is no reason for a white wedding but I guess folks just want to wear the white garment for memory's sake.

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by MedicH: 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
khia:

But wouldn't that union be supported biblically? I mean by YAH as opposed to man?

Everyone doesn't believe in YAH. but everyone believes in the court of law.

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Ishilove: 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
MedicH:

I don't have energy for long typing.
This article deals extensively with the processes, validity and dissolution of customary marriages under the Nigerian constitution.

Cc khia

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/339687110_THE_RULES_OF_MARRIAGES_UNDER_CUSTOMARY_LAW

2 Likes

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Omoluabi16(m): 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ishilove:

Fantastic question which makes me scratch my head all the time. There really is no reason for a white wedding but I guess folks just want to wear the white garment for memory's sake.
You're not not so pro white wedding. Surprising.

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by We4all: 10:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
Boredasf:
alot of my friends always complain of how their wife changed after marriage.
One called me yesterday complaining bitterly of how his soft and cool headed girlfriend suddenly changed after he married her;the guy is even contemplating divorce sef but the lady don get bele grin

It seems women treat men well during courtship than when married.

Women don't treat men well during courtship. They only pretend to be nice just to get the ring, and afterwards, they will reveal their true self.

I don't blame them though. With men always looking for 'wife material', while they're far from being 'husband material' proves that two can play the game.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Nezzjnr: 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
Your parents have been married for more than 2 decades now

Yet you still feel Marriage is a scam undecided

I think you guys are going over board on this
Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Egoveen: 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
yanabasee1:

You see, relationship is very different from marriage.....

The moment the two of you began to live together....as husband and wife not as boyfriend ND girlfriend, that's when you will spot the difference . .

The soft spoken and sweet girlfriend of yours will begin to show you the things you barely knew about her and likewise you....

Also, marriage is life...it will always be fun and then gets nasty.... And then get fun again and nasty like that....

There's no perfect marriage or couples....
MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG.

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Ishilove: 10:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
Omoluabi16:
You're not not so pro white wedding. Surprising.
How so?
Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Patiks: 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ishilove:

So in your mind you have made sense abi?

I am still laughing...

Frankly speaking, I wonder the kind of homes some people come from. It is said that you can't give what you don't have.
If you don't have love, respect, happiness, etc., you can't give same to others.

I am actually referring to the guys who keep bashing women and marriage nonstop.

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Impostor: 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
khia:

Traditional marriage is the most important in NIGERIA
Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by khia: 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
Impostor:

Traditional marriage is the most important in NIGERIA
Others seem to think a white wedding is the most important so why have the traditional if you are going to have the western wedding. I'm just trying to understand.

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Impostor: 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
khia:

Traditional marriage is dissolved through return of bride price.

The evidence of trad is not a paper but family elders who were present at the marriage

Ishilove:

I don't have energy for long typing.
This article deals extensively with the processes, validity and dissolution of customary marriages under the Nigerian constitution.

Nigerian laws recognize traditional marriage. In court all you need is oral/pictorial evidence from family members

Cc khia

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/339687110_THE_RULES_OF_MARRIAGES_UNDER_CUSTOMARY_LAW

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Impostor: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
MedicH:

Wrong, in Nigerian laws there is something called customary union/marriage. It is governed by customary law of marriage. Google it. Remember white wedding is English tradition. It is wrong to hold English tradition over your local custom. Don't speak from your head. Do your research NIGERIAN laws have what they call, customary law of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Agp19(m): 11:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Your parents have been married for more than 2 decades now

Yet you still feel Marriage is a scam undecided

I think you guys are going over board on this
yes!! that's true because back in the days individual roles in marriage are well stated and everbody knows his or her own role. No conflict for who holds the control knob.

The woman knows her role for keeping the home, nurturing the kids and providing the man with good sex while the man makes provision for the house hold. So you see they both need eachother

But now feminist and mgtow or what are they call has taking over. The woman feels she can provide for herself and leave life without a man and likewise the man feels he can have kids without been trap by just one woman and have multiple sex partner. You see, that's where we find ourself.

I fear this is just the beginning. The worst is fucking kissing us on our forehead.

And so many other reason!

7 Likes

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Omoluabi16(m): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ishilove:

How so?
You hardly find people who are not into WW, much more ladies who like the glamour attached to it. More so, you said you're a Bible thumper.
Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Impostor: 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
khia:
Others seem to think a white wedding is the most important so why have the traditional if you are going to have the western wedding. I'm just trying to understand.

Haven't you noticed that everyone do traditional marriage before white wedding while some do just traditional. Nobody does white wedding and leave traditional. So that tells you which is the most important. White wedding is merely a ceremony.

4 Likes

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Ishilove: 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
Omoluabi16:
You hardly find people who are not into WW, much more ladies who like the glamour attached to it. More so, you said you're a Bible thumper.
The Bible I thump makes no mention of a marriage process called 'white wedding'. Rather, it exhorted me to marry according to the traditions of my people.

1 Like

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by khia: 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
Impostor:

Traditional marriage is dissolved through return of bride price.

The evidence of trad is not a paper but family elders who were present at the marriage

WOW!! It's like the man purchased a product and decided it was useless to him, now he's returning it to it's original owner demanding a refund. grin Interesting.
Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Omoluabi16(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ishilove:

The Bible I thump makes no mention of a marriage process called 'white wedding'. Rather, it exhorted me to marry according to the traditions of my people.
I know. but you know in our minds White wedding = church wedding. In fact, people will think the person don commit that's why he's refusing a church wedding.And it is usually done with the bible too, hymns, sermons, and what not.

I don't know if it is brainwash oh, but I can't imagine not doing a church wedding. grin It's that bad that people do their trado under 20mins..same Saturday, just for the 'big' WW.
Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by khia: 11:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
Impostor:

Haven't you noticed that everyone do traditional marriage before white wedding while some do just traditional. Nobody does white wedding and leave traditional. So that tells you which is the most important. White wedding is merely a ceremony.
I'm trying to understand, I'm not Nigerian. My point is, if you have a traditional wedding wouldn't it make sense to use your extra money in securing a home, or saving for the future than to spend the money on a second wedding? I think I would treasure a traditional wedding over a western one if I were Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Guys In The House, Do You Regret Getting Married by Impostor: 11:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
khia:

I'm trying to understand, I'm not Nigerian. My point is, if you have a traditional wedding wouldn't it make sense to use your extra money in securing a home, or saving for the future than to spend the money on a second wedding? I think I would treasure a traditional wedding over a western one if I were Nigerian.

The problem is that women like vanity, hence, you must spend that money on white wedding in order to make them happy.

Another reason, colonialism and the love for white people makes us believe less in our tradition. This general belief that if it's not foreign, it's not good, is a major reason for white weddings.

Lol @ your refund comment. Return of bride price is a symbolic gesture.

Traditional weddings are usually more colorful.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Men Cannot Do Without Women?? / See What My Bae Said When I Dip My Hand In Her Pant! / If Your Girlfriend Always Dresses Nice Then See This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.