Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. (68504 Views)

My Boyfriend Wants Sex Everytime We Meet. / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Accommodate His Ex With Three Kids / PLEASE HELP! My Boyfriend Wants Me To Wash His Clothes, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by LedRock: 10:24am On Jun 11, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
Hey guys, I have taken the bold step. I have blocked him on WhatsApp. Now to move on! It's really not easy, I've cried my eyes out. This is my first real and painful heartbreak, before him I learn to love with my head and not heart. I have no friends at all which will make it a more difficult journey.

I have an idea though, I will keep an online diary here so I need all support you can give, thanks
Good, the guy will find a babymama for himself, marriage no be by force.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Boredasf: 10:25am On Jun 11, 2020
So not desiring marriage at 35 means a man is irresponsible
Women are one illogical bunch I swear!
Must every man be your slave
DebbieSylvex:
Girl the guy See's no future with you,he's probably making up that shits just to scare you off thinking he'll wife you someday. How can a 35yr old man not want to be responsible? .what makes a boy a man is his sense of responsibility and that kinda comes wen a man decides to have a family of his own.

This whole baby-mama thingy disgusts me.

Girl you better not ruin your life because of one emotional inbalanced kiddo.

Receive sense!!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by IME1: 10:25am On Jun 11, 2020
Mobree:

The photo is what I'm objecting to oga...
And, since you asked, I'm fine. Thank you

The photo just tells you that it is females who carry the stigma
It's on their bodies you see the shame
Men can do and no one will know
Can you know a virgin man or man with children or man that has made a woman abort?
But for women....
Both baby mama and papa are bad.
The consequences for promiscuous men are there and settled and they can't run from them nonetheless it doesn't show on their bodies, deal with it.

Glad you are fine
Have a pleasant day
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Topkush: 10:27am On Jun 11, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
What if he never changes it?

What if he change?

If all you said is the truth, I think your man needs help, I don't think he is irresponsible.

Give him your assurance that things will not turn out like the last time, by helping him heal.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by itzdeejay: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2020
Firstly; 'to love' doesn't mean possesive, we are equating love with ownership! We don't always have to be with the ones we love, we can still love from a distance, as close as possible and inbetween.

Having said that, anything is possible, atleast he is not acting, and it takes a bold person to take this stance, he knows what he wants.

For you; it is time for you to know what you want; not what your mum wants, your bf, your siblings, half of the comment section or the other half or even me. You have to ignore all of us, ignore what we want you to do, read it but ignore it, humans are opinionated, they always have solutions to peoples problem and and not to their own.

You have to know what you want.
Veiw your life, imagine how you want to live and draw a clear picture of what you want.
If your bf fit into the picture continue, if he doesnt discard.
Same with every thing/one around.

Life is short and long to please everyone and not you, or regret surpressed happiness in a long run.
Cheers.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by poik(m): 10:38am On Jun 11, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
Hello everyone. This account is created for this .

This issue has been bothering me a lot and I am very confused on what to do.

We have been together for more than 2 years now and we hardly have issues, infact we are a perfect match or so I thought.

I am 26 while he is 35, we both working and I never disturb him for money, I take care of all my needs myself. He is very calm and peaceful, doesn't hit me and I really admire him a lot. I on the other hand is also good, hardworking, not materialistic and all that makes a good woman.

So after thinking of our relationship thoroughly some weeks ago, I realised that there is really nothing stopping us from getting married this year or next. I decided to hear what he has to say because he never talked about us being or getting married. I also noticed that whenever he sees or hears about bad marriages he felt lucky he is not in yet. This always makes me feel bad because I know myself. I also wasn't a fan of marriage before I met him because of so many bad men out there, but everything changed when I met my guy, he is what I want. The very first day we met, the first thought that came to my mind was 'this is my him' I don't know why I had that thought being our first time meeting.

Anyways, few weeks ago I decided to ask him what his plans are. Are we in on a long thing or not? I got the shock of my life when he made me understand that he doesn't want to be tied forever, he loves his space and the way nobody disturbs him. That he only wants a baby mama, he wants me to be the mother his kids but not in marriage. I was mad and I cried for days. He was even sounding like nothing is wrong with being a baby mama, maybe not but I just can't.

Well, I made him understand that I can't be a baby mama and it will also be hard for me to move on with another person. I've bonded so well with him and all that. And I also hate jumping from one man to another. I told him to talk to people who are in successful marriages and stop looking at the bad ones. Today when we were talking I asked him about it and he is still maintaining his stand on the mama.

I don't want to give birth to kids that have 2 homes, I grew up like that(it took me lots of self discipline not to become useless) and wouldn't want that kind of life for my kids, I want them to grow with their parents in ONE house. At the same time, I don't want to lose my good man and relationship.

I need your opinions please.

At some point you just have to get used to it. You want this, he doesnt.
Baby-mamaism has nothing good to offer, however we look at it.
We just breed ungodly seeds here and there, calling it wokeness.
You may just have to move on dear, if you talk to him serially and he doesnt budge.
Bible says children from unmarried parents are ungodly.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by LaJoe2: 10:38am On Jun 11, 2020

My brother is married, whenever he comes around, I see the stress over his face, he used to be fairer than me. Even his rent had to be paid again for the 2nd time by someone else. He couldn't make the rent money.

The other day, all the staffs in the house had to gather to help start his car.

But I see the wife, getting fatter, moving around like a hog (I'm sorry, couldn't find a better description). Always walking around like she's tired or pregnant. The first thing she does when she comes around is to change the channel to ZeeWorld. You can tell shes living carefree.

I'm sorry, their situation doesn't encourage me to be married. Trust me, my brother would have been better off alone.

That's marriage in Nigeria.

Marriage is not bad, but wisdom. You have to assess the season to be married and the purpose. There is a right time and purpose. In our parents time, it was good/favorable to be married, men and women were brought up better and better trained for marriage plus the economy was better, but is it the same now, NOOOO!

It would be foolish of you to say, I must replicate what my parents did without considering that time has changed. Be ready to enter gbase.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by VenumX: 10:41am On Jun 11, 2020
LedRock:
You sound like an agbero.
I think like an agbero to deal with agberos like you.

No agbero deserves a good lady.

Settle for ratchets.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Luckygurl(f): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
Hey guys, I have taken the bold step. I have blocked him on WhatsApp. Now to move on! It's really not easy, I've cried my eyes out. This is my first real and painful heartbreak, before him I learn to love with my head and not heart. I have no friends at all which will make it a more difficult journey.

I have an idea though, I will keep an online diary here so I need all support you can give, thanks

Did you guys get to have the talk again before you blocked him on WhatsApp? Cos really it's not just about you blocking him, it's about him knowing this decision of his is a deal breaker for you and you're taking a walk if he's not willing to bulge.

Personally I feel there's something more to this whole decision of his, something he isn't telling you yet.

Your sanity matters dear. Cry all you want but make sure to move on, trust me you'll be fine overtime.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Toluwashe778: 10:48am On Jun 11, 2020
Boredasf:
So you want him to sacrifice his freedom by marrying you abi
Abeg shift!!!

That young man is wise for not wifeing you up.
Marriage benefits Women not men.

I sincerely hope more men adopt this philosophy.
You women don't deserve marriage.
Any man that decides to marry any woman in this 21st century should know that he is doing her a HUGE favor!

Abeg shift, I no wan talk
Like that was how ur ancestors did
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Toluwashe778: 10:50am On Jun 11, 2020
Ningen:
This is a man that doesn't want to marry you.
But you want to coerce him into it.

Are you that desperate for a ring?
A superficial deception to paddle a lie??

You talk about wanting a good home;
But here you are, ready to build one on a straw.

If you have to BEG and CONVINCE him to marry you, then surely he DOESN'T see your worth. It's all a facade; He will never be committed to you.

Your goals do not align. Find a new path.
There are men out there that'll tick your box.

Who be this one again
It advise she needs not essay writing
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Toluwashe778: 10:52am On Jun 11, 2020
vickydankal:
I wonder why you are still with him. He claims to love you but not enough to kill his fears and marry you. Sweet sister , your boy friend is afraid of one thing and it is called “commitment and responsibility “. Leave him as soon as you can and wait for the right man to come. Any baby daddy is free to mingle with as many women as he wants besides no vow or laws binding him to you. He wants to eat his cake and still have it.

God will bless ur brain
The gods has spoken grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Angel1696: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2020
Babe they say one man food is another mans poison since u are his poison and i found u to be my missing rib pls lets chat and start something serious. Very urgent
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Xioxing: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2020
IME1:
How can ones aspirations be to be a baby mama, baby papa and irresponsible partner
please Mr/Mrs motivational speaker next time say what you want and don't post that graphic picture... Shit is sick!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by kurlz(f): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2020
KomonSense:

You have sense...

2 bottles of Small stout for you

Thanks wink
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Boredasf: 11:17am On Jun 11, 2020
alot of married men I know are going through what your brother is currently facing.

#marriageisascam
LaJoe2:

My brother is married, whenever he comes around, I see the stress over his face, he used to be fairer than me. Even his rent had to be paid again for the 2nd time by someone else. He couldn't make the rent money.

The other day, all the staffs in the house had to gather to help start his car.

But I see the wife, getting fatter, moving around like a hog (I'm sorry, couldn't find a better description). Always walking around like she's tired or pregnant. The first thing she does when she comes around is to change the channel to ZeeWorld. You can tell shes living carefree.

I'm sorry, their situation doesn't encourage me to be married. Trust me, my brother would have been better off alone.

That's marriage in Nigeria.

Marriage is not bad, but wisdom. You have to assess the season to be married and the purpose. There is a right time and purpose. In our parents time, it was good/favorable to be married, men and women were brought up better and better trained for marriage plus the economy was better, but is it the same now, NOOOO!

It would be foolish of you to say, I must replicate what my parents did without considering that time has changed. Be ready to enter gbase.

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Happycharles(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2020
What a disgrace to the institute of marriage!

cry undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by toyinsalammy(f): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2020
Hmmm, from your write up, I perceived you guys are already getting down, so I will advice you withdraw that first

Secondly , are you sure he is as good as you painted him? I will suggest you give him some space to think about his decision, like a month or more

If he still insist on you being a Baby Mama after that , just jejely take the pieces of ur broken heart and trust God for a better person, don't worry , u will heal

PS: There is no one that can't be done without, I used to think that way too but all that has changed with experience,

My 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by kkins25(m): 11:23am On Jun 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
Actually yes a relationship with no end goal in mindsuch as marriage and growing a family is a waste of time, i don't date like a scalar quantity, but like a vector quantity.
Funny statement self, you forget that the biology of men permits them to lie, manipulate nd seduce women into relationships- scalar relationships as you call them..

However, we can rightly guess your current relationship is definitely not your first, so why you chose to mislead your audience beats me. Its morally wrong and doesn't fit well with your professed profession. Its not your job to give moral advice, now stick to that oath of yours. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Kenneth10110(m): 11:25am On Jun 11, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Lolzzz... I'm a boss of myself.

Oh boss enjoy yourself...
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by gungab(m): 11:25am On Jun 11, 2020
Menh

See comments.
MODIFIED: Ignore all advice and follow your church mind
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by ume1000: 11:25am On Jun 11, 2020
Dicktion:
Naija men are now afraid of Naija ladies cheesy hence, the fear for marriage

Imagine someone unknowingly and unfortunately gets tied forever to a lady like millenniumlady or sweetcunt97 undecided
Even your village people will pray for your soul embarassed
you forgot to caddy pocohantas, moodyqueen and ladychewhy those assholes

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 11:27am On Jun 11, 2020
Lucyspa:

U RE A MISERABLE FOOL.
You are not only a fool or miserable but a colosal accidental mistake of birth.

Did they not teach you where uou learnt to read and write that you should respect people's opinion.

Your parents just wasted their efforts on you... They should have diverted their efforts into training a Dog.

Arindin.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by ume1000: 11:35am On Jun 11, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Please don't ruin my reputation on this forum who knows if my soul mate is here undecided becareful of the things you say about me.
who gave you a reputation

Just curious really wants to know
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Oloruntade4(m): 11:43am On Jun 11, 2020
Well from this short story I can tell he's a typical Yoruba guy, maybe from ogun, I've studied them for a while and discovered most of them don't think of family life until they reach a particular level of financial balance.....,I think what you should try is plan with him.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by IME1: 11:44am On Jun 11, 2020
Xioxing:
please Mr/Mrs motivational speaker next time say what you want and don't post that graphic picture... Shit is sick!!!!!

Hope you don't view snake threads angry angry

Next time... don't post?

Who are you on tell me how to use my data and what to post

Life has gory and beautiful sides, if you can't face it stay in a shielded cocoon
Without seeing the stack reality which may be ugly and hideous like abortion, rape, murder, racism and the rest, you will never appreciate, celebrate, promote, spread and seek for the beautiful sides to life which is righteousness, peace and joy.

Stay off my mention I don't like profanity

Goodmorning and yes, be motivated cool
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Confusedgirl869: 11:50am On Jun 11, 2020
Oloruntade4:
Well from this short story I can tell he's a typical Yoruba guy, maybe from ogun, I've studied them for a while and discovered most of them don't think of family life until they reach a particular level of financial balance.....,I think what you should try is plan with him.
What kind of plan? He's not Yoruba btw.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by rickyboss333: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
Hello everyone. This account is created for this .

This issue has been bothering me a lot and I am very confused on what to do.

We have been together for more than 2 years now and we hardly have issues, infact we are a perfect match or so I thought.

I am 26 while he is 35, we both working and I never disturb him for money, I take care of all my needs myself. He is very calm and peaceful, doesn't hit me and I really admire him a lot. I on the other hand is also good, hardworking, not materialistic and all that makes a good woman.

So after thinking of our relationship thoroughly some weeks ago, I realised that there is really nothing stopping us from getting married this year or next. I decided to hear what he has to say because he never talked about us being or getting married. I also noticed that whenever he sees or hears about bad marriages he felt lucky he is not in yet. This always makes me feel bad because I know myself. I also wasn't a fan of marriage before I met him because of so many bad men out there, but everything changed when I met my guy, he is what I want. The very first day we met, the first thought that came to my mind was 'this is my him' I don't know why I had that thought being our first time meeting.

Anyways, few weeks ago I decided to ask him what his plans are. Are we in on a long thing or not? I got the shock of my life when he made me understand that he doesn't want to be tied forever, he loves his space and the way nobody disturbs him. That he only wants a baby mama, he wants me to be the mother his kids but not in marriage. I was mad and I cried for days. He was even sounding like nothing is wrong with being a baby mama, maybe not but I just can't.

Well, I made him understand that I can't be a baby mama and it will also be hard for me to move on with another person. I've bonded so well with him and all that. And I also hate jumping from one man to another. I told him to talk to people who are in successful marriages and stop looking at the bad ones. Today when we were talking I asked him about it and he is still maintaining his stand on the mama.

I don't want to give birth to kids that have 2 homes, I grew up like that(it took me lots of self discipline not to become useless) and wouldn't want that kind of life for my kids, I want them to grow with their parents in ONE house. At the same time, I don't want to lose my good man and relationship.

I need your opinions please.

U obviously have been very blind to see he has been cheating on you all this while. Is it so hard to understand what he meant? at 35? Haba!!! It's either He can't be with one woman, or he is too scared to take up d responsibility of being a family man (if u ask me, d later is d case), whatever is his reason, trust me he doesn't love u enough like u think he does or he's just one very smooth Playboy that plays his game quite well.

Trust me, with all d qualities u mentioned about your self, and also assuming ur beautiful and sexy, I don't need to get to 35 to settle down with u (I know no y we no dey see this kind babes them get). Well I guess ur lucky enough he thinks ur good enough to have a child 4 him (since that counts as something nowadays )

Ur lucky ur still young, am sure u would have moved on a long time if age has already started giving u d fright.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 11, 2020
kkins25:

Funny statement self, you forget that the biology of men permits them to lie, manipulate nd seduce women into relationships- scalar relationships as you call them..

However, we can rightly guess your current relationship is definitely not your first, so why you chose to mislead your audience beats me. Its morally wrong and doesn't fit well with your professed profession. Its not your job to give moral advice, now stick to that oath of yours. grin grin grin
The oath in question that you like to blackmail me with, have you read it?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:

So if someone has amazing, highly enjoyable relationships, maybe a child, but never gets married, they have wasted their lives, while someone trapped in a loveless marriage fir 50 years hasn't??!!
This statement has nothing to do with op's topic.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by lucky4west: 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
this one hard ooh...marriage is not as bad as people are seeing it....we have almost 100 % corrupt politicians and police men in Nigeria even at that people are still rushing to join them...lets take the statistics how many marriages re really bad?
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by oshaosha2014(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
I suspect you are redpilled. No woman born of a woman can manipulate you if you really are one.

Boredasf:
this one is already tripping because of her dp undecided
the juice isn't worth the squeeze bro.
All these subtle simping won't do you any good.
these thots you see on nairaland put their pictures on there to lure in fools.
Be wise make you no go fall mugu.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply)

Many Memes For My Redpill Guys. Get In Here. / Man Wonders Why Slay Queens Go Through All This Packaging If Not For Men (photos / Yoruba Man Rocks Isiagu, Marries His Igbo Bride In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.