Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,118 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:20 AM

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. - Romance (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. (69730 Views)

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Accommodate His Ex With Three Kids / My Boyfriend Wants To Kill Me!! / PLEASE HELP! My Boyfriend Wants Me To Wash His Clothes, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Xioxing: 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
IME1:

Hope you don't view snake threads angry angry

Next time... don't post?

Who are you on tell me how to use my data and what to post

Life has gory and beautiful sides, if you can't face it stay in a shielded cocoon
Without seeing the stack reality which may be ugly and hideous like abortion, rape, murder, racism and the rest, you will never appreciate, celebrate, promote, spread and seek for the beautiful sides to life which is righteousness, peace and joy.

Stay off my mention I don't like profanity

Goodmorning and yes, be motivated cool
lol gory? There is a difference between gory and a disgusting picture painted by a mentally disabled artist.. so please use a better picture which suits your choice of words next time between I am not telling you what to do with your data just reminding you to be considerate cause there are people here who will not like the sight of that weird shit you crave for and that does not make them weak...they might be harder than you... lastly judgement of a picture or viewing shit doesn't make you strong !!!
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:

So u concede she hasn't wasted 2 years. She's enjoyed amazing 2 years with someone she loved, though, like all things, it everntially ended. It would have been a waste if she had endured 2 years of marriage with someone who despised her or vice versa
I don't concede to anything
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
kkins25:

Not really in depth. However i do know it is your devine duty to consider the patients life, whats best for the part according to a secular societies standards.

i know for a fact that your assertion of - no dating no marriage-is against science; the evolved 'sociocultural practices' of modern society and also the science of behaviour.

I am also sure that your etiquette of 'no date no marriage' is arisen because you (wether you believe it or not) dont want to have fuckboys have "points" through you and not because you feel it is not worthy. Behavioural psychology validates my point. Its your subjective ego that validates yours. wink wink

Lets make use of your ought i attached below grin grin grin
That oath has nothing to do with my personal life and the choices i choose to make.

So if I say, no dating, no marriage, it works for me, it's my opinion. It's what i want and it is my life. Which is in keeping with evolutionary biology. I merely advised op, she is free to take or leave it, i am not trying to prove right or force my opinions down her throat like you.

Last i remember, i am first a human being, a woman, an african before a doctor. The oath tells me to take care of myself, that also includes mentally, physically, socially and spiritually.

Have a lovely day

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by IME1: 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
Xioxing:
lol gory? There is a difference between gory and a disgusting picture painted by a mentally disabled artist.. so please use a better picture which suits your choice of words next time between I am not telling you what to do with your data just reminding you to be considerate cause there are people here who will not like the sight of that weird shit you crave for and that does not make them weak...they might be harder than you... lastly judgement of a picture or viewing shit doesn't make you strong !!!

Na now you dey wake?
Go back to sleep...

Sweet dreams

Make i look for one picture dash you first

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by PoliteActivist: 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
I don't concede to anything

U mean "I don't concede anything".
Well why not? Show how the statement is false
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by LedRock: 11:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ybaby:

Zero belt and plenty trousers grin grin grin grin grin #marlians

Silly man preying on girls with low self esteem.

Regards to your mama .... Tell her she didn't bring you up right.

Ok little girl, please yourself. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by LordOfTheGame: 12:03am On Jun 12, 2020
olumide4christ:

I encourage you to trust God, pray and keep on the search for that good wife, work hard at improving yourself to be a good spouse, and God that knows all things including the heart of men, will bring your way, the best spouse for you.

Thank you and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by kkins25(m): 12:11am On Jun 12, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
That oath has nothing to do with my personal life and the choices i choose to make.
well of course, don't take this personal.

So if I say, no dating, no marriage, it works for me, it's my opinion. It's what i want and it is my life.
sure. Its not your life we are talking bout. My querry was-is with the suggesttion to the OP that you- a prof in the field gave on basis of sentiments and not considering that the OP has a life quite different from yours.
A patient cant come to you for counsel on STDs and you tell him not to have sex. No!!

Which is in keeping with evolutionary biology. I merely advised op, she is free to take or leave it, i am not trying to prove right or force my opinions down her throat like you.

i wasn't forcing my opinion down anybodies throat.

I was merely pointing out that suggesting to the OP a particular option because its your own operus mandi was unprofessional. This of course i assumed you were advicing as prof in your field.

However, i forget, you too are human and this isnt a hospital. In that case, my humble apologies fumi.

Last i remember, i am first a human being, a woman, an african before a doctor. The oath tells me to take care of myself, that also includes mentally, physically, socially and spiritually.
wait lemme check again

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability

Hmmmm.. Interesting!! With regards to the above, kindly be more considerate.

Although i dont see where it particularly says :
"The oath tells me to take care of myself, that also includes mentally, physically, socially and spiritually"
of course to do your duty, you yourself must be well.

Have a lovely day
same to you too.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by 2loadedguy: 1:06am On Jun 12, 2020
Intrepid01:
But some girls don't mind sha....a young lady I've been friends with, she just graduated from Unilag. Around December/ January I told her wanted her to conceive for me and she was cool with it. infact we recently dsussed it again and she's still cool with it. I asked her if I Dad won't be angry, cos her mum is late, she said her he won't be mad at her at all. Unfortunately me I was just joking about it but the pretty babe is damn serious about it.
Pls can u connect me yo this lady cos that's what I want too. A baby mama with no strings attached. I will sign up a contract to cater for the kid.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Intrepid01(m): 1:35am On Jun 12, 2020
2loadedguy:

Pls can u connect me yo this lady cos that's what I want too. A baby mama with no strings attached. I will sign up a contract to cater for the kid.

Oga stop it....your children deserves a home with a father and a mother to guide them.

Do you know the bulk of the problems you see in the society today stem from disjointed family units.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by 2loadedguy: 2:04am On Jun 12, 2020
olumide4christ:
Some people are just a disgrace to us as men. Imagine a 35 year old man not thinking of getting married, but planning for baby mama. At his age, I had been married for 5 years and up till now, still enjoying my home - wife and children - after 9 years of marriage.
Some men will just be growing age-wise, but still be reasoning like a 21 year old!

What a pity!
That is your own cup of tea if you think the scam called marriage is what makes u matured. Some of us are heading to our 40s and still don't see any usefulness in the scam called marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by 2loadedguy: 4:09am On Jun 12, 2020
Jeferious:
As a Nigerian that have lived in Nigeria since my birth, I have come to realise something about most fellow Nigerians- at the very core of their DNA is hypocrisy and pretence. My people cannot say something with their lips and not mean another thing. So when they see an honest man who is firm enough to tell his stance about marriage, they are astounded.

The truth of the matter is that I don't even understand why the institution of marriage is still surviving. You see the same people in this thread clamoring that marriage is the best decision they will ever take and that the guy is plainly irresponsible, some of them are adulterers and adulterers-in-waiting. Some of them secretly loathe marriage and crave the freedom that comes with singlehood. I know some girls who marry because of financial security. They confided in me that if they were financially secured, no stupid man will come close to them and preach marriage. But see them on the thread labelling a young man who knows what he wants as irresponsible.

Some will advocate for the institution of familihood with continued ancestral lineage as their point. As if their late fathers and grandfathers still remember from the grave that they left behind a family. Abeg stop that useless blackmail. All man for himself.

Op, welcome to the age of selfishness. Even the Bible recorded that in the last days, men(and women) shall become lovers of themselves. And that is why you see some men doubting the benefits that they will earn if they marry. The emphasis is on self-interest these days. So don't be mad if your guy doesn't see anything good in marriage. If you can't cope with the idea of babymamaism, you can exit the relationship if you like. Please don't confuse a brother who is eager to tend to his self-interests before anything. Because the more you girls push for marriage, the more we come to the knowledge that there's something in this marriage that puts things in your favour and in our disadvantage.
U are the most sincere person on this thread and may God bless you. I'm 37 and still don't see any benefit in wifing a woman. I can cook my meal or order from jumia, i can have sex whenever and however I want with any girl of my choice including the wives of the so called married responsible people, I give my clothes to the drycleaners and i have a worker that cleans up my duplex weekly. Can you now tell me what benefit a woman will bring to my home in the name of marriage other than to come and complicate my beloved life i'm living? All my friends are married and they tag me as irresponsible but the moment I remind them that they all have girlfriends more than me they shut up immediately. Marriage is solely for procreation and once u are able to get a child through whatever means available it's of no use anymore and a big scam.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Jeferious: 7:54am On Jun 12, 2020
2loadedguy:

U are the most sincere person on this thread and may God bless you. I'm 37 and still don't see any benefit in wifing a woman. I can cook my meal or order from jumia, i can have sex whenever and however I want with any girl of my choice including the wives of the so called married responsible people, I give my clothes to the drycleaners and i have a worker that cleans up my duplex weekly. Can you now tell me what benefit a woman will bring to my home in the name of marriage other than to come and complicate my beloved life i'm living? All my friends are married and they tag me as irresponsible but the moment I remind them that they all have girlfriends more than me they shut up immediately. Marriage is solely for procreation and once u are able to get a child through whatever means available it's of no use anymore and a big scam.
Don't mind the hypocrites. Na for people wey even get ear to listen to their blackmailing.

As for me, personally I don cut off my own ears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 12, 2020
kkins25:
well of course, don't take this personal.

sure. Its not your life we are talking bout. My querry was-is with the suggesttion to the OP that you- a prof in the field gave on basis of sentiments and not considering that the OP has a life quite different from yours.
A patient cant come to you for counsel on STDs and you tell him not to have sex. No!!

i wasn't forcing my opinion down anybodies throat.

I was merely pointing out that suggesting to the OP a particular option because its your own operus mandi was unprofessional. This of course i assumed you were advicing as prof in your field.

However, i forget, you too are human and this isnt a hospital. In that case, my humble apologies fumi.

wait lemme check again

Hmmmm.. Interesting!! With regards to the above, kindly be more considerate.

Although i dont see where it particularly says :
of course to do your duty, you yourself must be well.

same to you too.
This is not a hospital, but a public forum. I don't treat relationship advice as a medical condition. Don't bring my profession here pls. Its very annoying. She asked for relationship advice, you are bringing my profession. Of course if this was a hospital setting, it's different. I am doing an okay job of seperating the 2, kindly do the same.

Are you reading the old version or updated part of the oath?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 12, 2020
2loadedguy:

Read it again, she wants nothing to do with you
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Rita5(f): 8:24am On Jun 12, 2020
Dicktion:
Naija men are now afraid of Naija ladies cheesy hence, the fear for marriage

Imagine someone unknowingly and unfortunately gets tied forever to a lady like millenniumlady or sweetcunt97 undecided
Even your village people will pray for your soul embarassed

Thats weirdly specific
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Youngpo413: 8:36am On Jun 12, 2020
Ningen:
This is a man that doesn't want to marry you.
But you want to coerce him into it.

Are you that desperate for a ring?
A superficial deception to paddle a lie??

You talk about wanting a good home;
But here you are, ready to build one on a straw.

If you have to BEG and CONVINCE him to marry you, then surely he DOESN'T see your worth. It's all a facade; He will never be committed to you.

Your goals do not align. Find a new path.
There are men out there that'll tick your box.
façade,damn! You are intelligent.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Luminary1: 8:52am On Jun 12, 2020
He doesn't see anything of value in you to warrant the ring. Your principles and his doesn't align. Any reasonable person would break up and find someone with same ideas.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Rita5(f): 8:56am On Jun 12, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
What if he never changes it?

Hey there this is a tough one. I can only imagine how you feel. But my advice is that you tell him one last time in plain terms, that you don't want to be a baby mama, that you want a marriage instead, ask him not to interrupt you before you start so you can clearly and fully get everything off your chest. Tell him how you feel about him, express yourself and your intentions with all the love in your heart.

Don't come off offensive or like you are setting an ultimatum even though that's the point of this conversation. This will only make him defensive and raise up his walls. Be loving and emotional in your approach, give him the ultimatum in a way that sounds like you don't want it but you will have no choice to walk away if he doesn't change his mind.

He might most likely stick to his guns afterwards. If this happens, I know its hard but let him go and walk away. You won't be happy if you go alone with his babymama stuff and he won't be happy if you force him to marry you. The aim of this little display is to get him seriously thinking afterwards. If he truly loves you, he will come crawling back seeking your hand in marriage. If he doesn't come back, its okay too, you will find someone better.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by tammie24: 8:57am On Jun 12, 2020
vickydankal:
I wonder why you are still with him. He claims to love you but not enough to kill his fears and marry you. Sweet sister , your boy friend is afraid of one thing and it is called “commitment and responsibility “. Leave him as soon as you can and wait for the right man to come. Any baby daddy is free to mingle with as many women as he wants besides no vow or laws binding him to you. He wants to eat his cake and still have it.
you have said it all
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by olumide4christ: 9:23am On Jun 12, 2020
2loadedguy:

That is your own cup of tea if you think the scam called marriage is what makes u matured. Some of us are heading to our 40s and still don't see any usefulness in the scam called marriage.

Your opinion and choice, which in itself is a 'gift' from God, but never the fact!

We shall all give account to God for our actions based on our CHOICES, right or wrong, and the FACTS of God's word!

One more thing - if you have a sound relationship with God, you will never see marriage as a scam because you would know & have seen people who got married & had successful homes, just like I have.

Happy Democracy day!
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Confusedgirl869: 9:24am On Jun 12, 2020
olumide4christ:

Your opinion and choice, which in itself is a 'gift' from God, but never the fact!

We shall all give account to God for our actions based on our CHOICES, right or wrong, and the FACTS of God's word!

One more thing - if you have a sound relationship with God, you will never see marriage as a scam because you would know & have seen people who got married & had successful homes, just like I have.

Happy Democracy day!
Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by olumide4christ: 9:47am On Jun 12, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
Don't mind them

I hope you have made up your mind about your boyfriend. Trust me, moving forward to be his baby mama will never be God's will for you and like others have said, it will surely end in tears and regret.
Men who start out having a baby mama will most likely never stop at 1, but will have many others, a case in point is Davido.
Baby mamas will always be a statistic in the man's life & will always have regrets when they see their friends get married and have good homes.
Most children that come as a result of baby mama are unstable and I don't know if you want that kind of situation for your children.
Life as a single mom is demanding and not something you should wish for.
To sum it up, Marriage is God's will & creation, I will always choose God's will over the will of men...I hope you do too. God will help you.

I am a counselor in these kind of matters (offline) & I have & am currently counseling young people about these issues. I have recently started some online pages on Facebook, Instagram & YouTube where I will be posting videos, articles and quotes which talk about Relationships, Marriage, Finance & Career, just to guide people like you in making the right choices.
If interested, you may send a WhatsApp message to my phone number in my profile so that I can send you the names/links to the pages.
You may also WhatsApp me for further counseling, if you wish to.

The Lord God will help you make the right choices going forward in Jesus name, Amen!

Happy Democracy day!
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by lightpurple: 4:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
Boredasf:
So you want him to sacrifice his freedom by marrying you abi
Abeg shift!!!

That young man is wise for not wifeing you up.
Marriage benefits Women not men.

I sincerely hope more men adopt this philosophy.
You women don't deserve marriage.
Any man that decides to marry any woman in this 21st century should know that he is doing her a HUGE favor!
My friend go and listen to ladies of class, not the village mongers you sleep with. It’s now the other way around. Men are becoming liabilities very fast. Mostly Nigerian men like you
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Confusedgirl869: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
lightpurple:

My friend go and listen to ladies of class, not the village mongers you sleep with. It’s now the other way around. Men are becoming liabilities very fast. Mostly Nigerian men like you
Leave the idiot.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by kkins25(m): 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
This is not a hospital, but a public forum. I don't treat relationship advice as a medical condition. Don't bring my profession here pls. Its very annoying. She asked for relationship advice, you are bringing my profession. Of course if this was a hospital setting, it's different. I am doing an okay job of seperating the 2, kindly do the same.

Are you reading the old version or updated part of the oath?
ehhhhn, are you paraphrasing what i said neh
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
Leave the relationship and take to your feet. Such irresponsibility!
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by SURElee(f): 8:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
And you are creating an account to tell this sordid request from a boyfriend? If you like turn yourself to a baby mama na you sabi. I wonder what you are doing with a man who doesn't see you as a partner/wife to be and he doesn't have plans for you.

If he is scared of marriage, he shouldn't be wasting your time. Kick him from your life and move on so a man who values you can see you biko.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by IyaTola: 6:23am On Jun 13, 2020
Ibfpleasant:
you may considered this advice op, I understand your feelings towards what your paresnts will say especially your mom but sometimes you do what your heart want. Married and living with your man sometimes doesn’t bring happiness just as you expected. Think about it.
Hi there! I am unable to access my ml mail so do well to drop your mail address. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

A Lady Sexually Harassed Me In Church During Service - Man Shares Video / How Do You Feel When A Lady Who's Not Your Girlfriend Sees Your Joystick ? / Abimbola Fernandez Comes Out As A Lesbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.