Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. (68487 Views)

My Boyfriend Wants Sex Everytime We Meet. / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Accommodate His Ex With Three Kids / PLEASE HELP! My Boyfriend Wants Me To Wash His Clothes, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Segzy19: 10:18pm On Jun 10, 2020
I hope you can read this comment well and let it sink well. No need to add to it.
vickydankal:
I wonder why you are still with him. He claims to love you but not enough to kill his fears and marry you. Sweet sister , your boy friend is afraid of one thing and it is called “commitment and responsibility “. Leave him as soon as you can and wait for the right man to come. Any baby daddy is free to mingle with as many women as he wants besides no vow or laws binding him to you. He wants to eat his cake and still have it.

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by freesoul12: 10:18pm On Jun 10, 2020
KenBen217:
so I'm not the only one who doesn't want to marry and just want kids
We are here o my brother ��

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Millennialaku(m): 10:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dicktion:
Naija men are now afraid of Naija ladies cheesy hence, the fear for marriage

Imagine someone unknowingly and unfortunately gets tied forever to a lady like millenniumlady or sweetcunt97 undecided
Even your village people will pray for your soul embarassed
angry angry angry
you forgot to add that onyi22 grin grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Miarose: 10:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
If only you know your worth. The Bible says,''Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces".

Baby girl, you are a pearl to be treasured. Don't cast your body and heart to those that do not know your worth. You are the prize, if only you see yourself as such. Even prostitutes have guys asking for marriage not yo talk if you. If only we follow the Bible. It is well.
Confusedgirl869:
Hello everyone. This account is created for this .

This issue has been bothering me a lot and I am very confused on what to do.

We have been together for more than 2 years now and we hardly have issues, infact we are a perfect match or so I thought.

I am 26 while he is 35, we both working and I never disturb him for money, I take care of all my needs myself. He is very calm and peaceful, doesn't hit me and I really admire him a lot. I on the other hand is also good, hardworking, not materialistic and all that makes a good woman.

So after thinking of our relationship thoroughly some weeks ago, I realised that there is really nothing stopping us from getting married this year or next. I decided to hear what he has to say because he never talked about us being or getting married. I also noticed that whenever he sees or hears about bad marriages he felt lucky he is not in yet. This always makes me feel bad because I know myself. I also wasn't a fan of marriage before I met him because of so many bad men out there, but everything changed when I met my guy, he is what I want. The very first day we met, the first thought that came to my mind was 'this is my him' I don't know why I had that thought being our first time meeting.

Anyways, few weeks ago I decided to ask him what his plans are. Are we in on a long thing or not? I got the shock of my life when he made me understand that he doesn't want to be tied forever, he loves his space and the way nobody disturbs him. That he only wants a baby mama, he wants me to be the mother his kids but not in marriage. I was mad and I cried for days. He was even sounding like nothing is wrong with being a baby mama, maybe not but I just can't.

Well, I made him understand that I can't be a baby mama and it will also be hard for me to move on with another person. I've bonded so well with him and all that. And I also hate jumping from one man to another. I told him to talk to people who are in successful marriages and stop looking at the bad ones. Today when we were talking I asked him about it and he is still maintaining his stand on the mama.

I don't want to give birth to kids that have 2 homes, I grew up like that(it took me lots of self discipline not to become useless) and wouldn't want that kind of life for my kids, I want them to grow with their parents in ONE house. At the same time, I don't want to lose my good man and relationship.

I need your opinions please.

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
..... please give that guy a virus !!!
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by OLAJADON: 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2020
Confusedgirl869:

We have been together for more than 2 years now and we hardly have issues, infact we are a perfect match or so I thought.

I am 26 while he is 35, we both working and I never disturb him for money, I take care of all my needs myself. He is very calm and peaceful, doesn't hit me and I really admire him a lot. I on the other hand is also good, hardworking, not materialistic and all that makes a good woman.

So after thinking of our relationship thoroughly some weeks ago, I realised that there is really nothing stopping us from getting married this year or next. I decided to hear what he has to say because he never talked about us being or getting married. I also noticed that whenever he sees or hears about bad marriages he felt lucky he is not in yet. This always makes me feel bad because I know myself. I also wasn't a fan of marriage before I met him because of so many bad men out there, but everything changed when I met my guy, he is what I want. The very first day we met, the first thought that came to my mind was 'this is my him' I don't know why I had that thought being our first time meeting.

Anyways, few weeks ago I decided to ask him what his plans are. Are we in on a long thing or not? I got the shock of my life when he made me understand that he doesn't want to be tied forever, he loves his space and the way nobody disturbs him. That he only wants a baby mama, he wants me to be the mother his kids but not in marriage. I was mad and I cried for days. He was even sounding like nothing is wrong with being a baby mama, maybe not but I just can't.

Well, I made him understand that I can't be a baby mama and it will also be hard for me to move on with another person. I've bonded so well with him and all that. And I also hate jumping from one man to another. I told him to talk to people who are in successful marriages and stop looking at the bad ones. Today when we were talking I asked him about it and he is still maintaining his stand on the mama.

I don't want to give birth to kids that have 2 homes, I grew up like that(it took me lots of self discipline not to become useless) and wouldn't want that kind of life for my kids, I want them to grow with their parents in ONE house. At the same time, I don't want to lose my good man and relationship.

the issue is with him and from what you said it like he has made up his mind. prayer won't solve these, I would suggest you talk to someone you know he trust or respect.

He is just scared of a broken home and not sure of any possible attitude you will show if he probably tie you down. Let him know you will always love, respect and cherish him.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Kpartners: 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Run for your life

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dicktion:
Naija men are now afraid of Naija ladies cheesy hence, the fear for marriage

Imagine someone unknowingly and unfortunately gets tied forever to a lady like millenniumlady or sweetcunt97 undecided

You no add that Onyi22 or whatever. The most useless of em all

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Kobicove(m): 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
I can't say I blame the guy

16 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by woodsbeatrice30: 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Boss13:

Marriage is not love. This is the confusion women have and when they are married they turn out to be witches. I advise all young men to have a prenup before marriage. List out all the expectations you want from your woman throughout the marriage. As well as the repercussions if she fails to fulfill her obligations and also what she is entitled to in the event of a breakdown of marriage.

Men - don't allow these women manipulate you. You are the buyer of the product and they are the market. If you don't put a ring, she can never get married. I never knew all these before I got married. Trust me, these smiling women will change when you sign the papers. However, if you have set the stage, you still maintain control.

Also, you don't have to be wealthy to have a prenup.

Are properties shared in Nigerian marriages when divorce happens?did best man for a friend and I did not think I saw something like that..Please enlighten me..
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Lose your good man?

In all honesty, he's not as good as you make him out to be.

No responsible person will opt in for babymamaism.

So paddle your boat elsewhere.
The guy showed OP that his not a responsible person, she still came to NL to seek for advice.
Don't worry when he friend zone her, she would receive sense.

Current generation are so scared of commitment. They want all the goodies of a thing but not the baggage that comes with it

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Dirpetaner: 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
Fixed marriage u no want. Remain a virgin u no want. Be decent u no want. Be loyal u go run. Our elders are indeed wise to advice against sexual immorality.
Now, guys are chopping girls before marriage. Why would dey want to marry again when they are chopping like a married man.
The next thing na baby mama. Since he don live a married life before with another girl in the name of couples life.
Madam my advice is become what you won't regret ever.

20 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
Boredasf:
So you want him to sacrifice his freedom by marrying you abi
Abeg shift!!!

That young man is wise for not wifeing you up.
Marriage benefits Women not men.

I sincerely hope more men adopt this philosophy.
You women don't deserve marriage.
Any man that decides to marry any woman in this 21st century should know that he is doing her a HUGE favor!
may it befall ur sisters

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
Confusedgirl869:

Marriage has outlived its usefulness.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by gbeymey(f): 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2020
Please don't settle for less. Also, don't coerce him into marrying you. What is meant to be will be.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by ifko: 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
My sister, I tire o. To think that he is the first man I fell hopelessly for. I have always been cautious of this love thing not getting to my head. It was just different with him and worst is I'm not sure I can move on with someone else.
Ubare not sure u can move on with someone else abii....then stay there till he used and dump U. That guy knew u are not going to agree to his term so he's indirectly telling u, u are not in his plan to marry.
Please don't come here few years later to open another thread that d guy is not catering for u and d child because this is boldly written on d wall that hes not ready to take up responsibility.
Shalom. Pray and be sensitive, ur husband is on d way.
Regards

11 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kenneth10110:

Add Onyi too
cheesy

MedicH:

The man that gets tied to these two must have committed a lot of atrocities and unimaginable sins that God would send him this kind of punishment of God. If the man was Holy like I'm trying to be, God won't send him HIS punishment.
Roon9:

Bro that would be really unfortunate
Asin ehn cheesy

MISTAICEY02288:

You no add that Onyi22 or whatever. The most useless of em all
Lol didn't wanna mention too much embarassed

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by tydi(m): 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
My kinda guy

Ah swear.. I already started liking the lad, for being sharp and wise grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Blackmiserable(m): 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
Aunty use your head. Monkeys are different from Chimpanzees. Pussy cat no be tiger. There is a wide chasm between a baby mama and a wife. Use your head, please. Aside celibacy, I'll say it a thousand times. Nothing honors a woman more than marriage. Bukola, I greet thee

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by LadyHeaven(f): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
Sorry to burst your bubble OP but the man isn't feeling you, wanna bet? He would eventually find someone that ticks ALL his boxes and dump you like hot coal, his excuse is a polite way of telling you he doesn't want you. Be smart

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Yoighaman(m): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
@OP: Someone just subtly passed across a message to you and you still asking questions.

The relationship is over, he finds it hard to state this expressly; move on with your life, though painful.

The best is always yet to come, you will find a better person.

13 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by cooooooks(m): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
People have to know and accept what they want. This man is 35 years old, he's not a baby. Maybe he doesn't want to get married.

What I disagree with is trying to have a child and at the same time clearly saying that he doesn't want to be tied down. He's not being smart.

10 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by dagreat4(f): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
you cannot eat ya cake n have it sis.which is more important to you?I may not be able to decide but one outcome I know but the oda only time can tell.Which is agreeing to settle for Baby mama(will end up having children out of wedlock n d chances of having children from more than one father) is very high.As for your dream man,only time can tell as people most time change to suite their situation.From your story,many things are up for you if ur description of yourself is true.No reasonable man will see a good/independent wife n look elsewhere.My sister use ur head n not your heart.what is more important to you is what u shud settle for.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by aaking(m): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
Hmmm Thank you sir.

Pls take the advice of this person. Pls he is not your man ,he can't even take responsibility of you he'll now take responsibility of the Children. He's a liar. Run for your life

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
lol ok o. Goodluck
My dear his not a responsible guy or he has someone he intend settling down with.
That's why most of you would bf to turn you to sex obj just cos you see him as husband material.
Move on, when a door closes, another opens.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by LordOfTheGame: 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
Different people with different problems. Men like us are seriously looking for a serious and sensible girl to marry and settle down with while some others are running away and looking for only baby mamas.
Life shaa....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by AdmissionGetEas: 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
For the sake of your children, move on to the next Junction

Check my signature for IJMB or JUPEB Registration

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by cenaman(m): 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dicktion:

Or Onyi22, that lady called Onyi22 on these forum she's a complete definition of " women are Evil ".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by AfroKnight: 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
He has told you his decision. What are you going to do with that information? Stay or leave?

Only you can make that choice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Amhappy(f): 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
Go and watch the movie baggage claim. Never settle for a baby mama. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by Forumobserver12(m): 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2020
Please don't force him into marrying You, if at 35yrs he still not into marriage, i'm sorry you are wasting your with him, just send him a Chat or sms that you want to move on with your life.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. by RPG2020(m): 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2020
Before marriage: calm calm calm
After marriage: one year query na inside room second year query na family members go come dey settle the matter third year query na your street and police go dey settle the matter
Fourth year query na prison or grave yard na go finally settled the matter

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Many Memes For My Redpill Guys. Get In Here. / Man Wonders Why Slay Queens Go Through All This Packaging If Not For Men (photos / Yoruba Man Rocks Isiagu, Marries His Igbo Bride In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.