Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring (11468 Views)

Demons: You Hate Igbos Yet Can't Imagine Life Without Igbos / Mbaka To Buhari On IPOB Sit-at-Home: Negotiate With Igbos, Nigeria Sinking / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Sammy07: 7:22am On Jun 14, 2020
Mraphel:
Swimming
Boxing
Wrestling
Sprinting
Music
Movies
The richest
Are Yorubas
This is not even a debate cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Iamgrey5(m): 7:23am On Jun 14, 2020
Ideke9000:

It's too early to start cracking joke this early morning bruh cheesy cheesy
Indomie Generation

When was the last time Nigeria won nations cup before 2013?

We won it last in 1980 and 1994 before 2013

Segun Odegbami(head master) made it possible in 1980 and Yekini made it possible in 1994.

List of highest goal scoreres of all time

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Mraphel: 7:24am On Jun 14, 2020
manuelreports:
This is the life of a typical Yoruba
He can make noise and shout down the roof of the House.

A typical Yoruba is a Jealous being, If you are progressing just know that you are looking for his wahala

A typical Yoruba is a back stabber, that is why You have to be careful when doing business with them.

Their Women nko, they can flirt for Africa.

Their only good side is that they are accommodative and are not Violent in nature.
I'm sure u cannot date Yoruba girl, she will not listen to u.

Come and see how Igbo women can flirt in the west.

If u see violent Yoruba u will run

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Mraphel: 7:28am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

Had it been Igbo did not come to the South west...their won't be all these personalities they are ascribing to themselves.
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Iamgrey5(m): 7:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Gabkosh:
Gbam
Bruv, I never knew Sunday Bada is a Yoruba man from Kogi.

Thanks for that info.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Gabkosh: 7:30am On Jun 14, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
do You know the luck you guys have??

Is because the people you're arguing with, are not well informed...

Cc Gabkosh kayfra bestpunterever Iamgrey5
Mr information technology, what are you waiting for.

Proof to us that you are informed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by vanunu: 7:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Gabkosh:
Tell me any igbo that play tennis, chess or swimming.

Nduka odizor played in Wimbledon.
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Iamgrey5(m): 7:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Gabkosh:
Mr information technology, what are you waiting for.

Proof to us that you are informed.
His full name is Sunday Olarewaju Bada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Gabkosh: 7:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Indomie Generation

Segun Odegbami(head master) made it possible in 1980 and Yekini made it possible in 1994.

These igbo guys know nothing about Nigerian football.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Gabkosh: 7:33am On Jun 14, 2020
Iamgrey5:
His full name is Sunday Olarewaju Bada.
Yeah, he was too good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Sammy07: 7:34am On Jun 14, 2020
Mraphel:

Had it been Igbo did not come to the South west...their won't be all these personalities they are ascribing to themselves.

Sure, Psquare made their money in West, they have house in Lagos, same as Poco Lee and other igbo musicians

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by vanunu: 7:38am On Jun 14, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

Maybe 3000 years from now, Igbos will produce their own Israel Adesanya - the last style bender. If the 'cowards' are dusting you in combat sports then you are worse than cowards. grin grin grin grin

What of Dick Tiger. The undisputed middle weight champion.

1 Like

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ibadanpikin: 7:40am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

Mention their names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 14, 2020
Gabkosh:
I don't need any stupid google. If any of them Is popular like those of yorubas, you don't need google. I will mention yorubas without using Google.

In football, you don't need google to mention kanu, okocha, Taribo west, Taiye taiwo.
Are those sports popular here ? ...never heard the names u even mentioned self
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Sammy07: 7:45am On Jun 14, 2020
Ibadanpikin:
Mention their names.

It's not a debate, you guys don't beat Yorubas in these aspect

Swimming
Boxing
Wrestling
Sprinting
Music
Movies
The richest
Education
Tech
Lawyers
doctors
personalities

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Emilokoiyawon: 7:46am On Jun 14, 2020
Ideke9000:

Obafemi martins ..somebody that you can't even compare to Mikel obi
Yes. No Igbo striker can touch Obafemi Martins not to even talk of Yekini. Mikel is a midfielder (and an average one at that) not a striker. Get sense.

Ideke9000:

What of the ones from Edo state nko
Edo? You mean Yakubu? Even Yakubu comes after Obagoal. At any rate. Yekini remains King of Nigerian strikers. Confam.

Ideke9000:
At least, they have quantity and it's those quantity that have won all those cups for Nigeria..I'm waiting for the day other tribes will have the same quantity
1. Nigerian winning teams had players from many different tribes not just Igbos. 2. Yes, Igbos produce more footballers because they see football as business. But 99% are average. Apart from Kanu and Okocha there is no other Igbo player that could not have been benched by any other player from another tribe. Facts.

6 Likes

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Gabkosh: 7:47am On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

Are those sports popular here ? ...never heard the names u even mentioned self
Go and sleep abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ibadanpikin: 7:48am On Jun 14, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Indomie Generation

You are a kid who no nothing about football.Christain chukwu was the best player of the tournament in 1980 nations cup.Emmanuel Amunike's two goals at the final give Nigeria the nations cup in 1994.Amunike was later voted the African best player of the year.

3 Likes

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ideke9000: 7:49am On Jun 14, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Indomie Generation

The Nigerian team that won the nations cup in 1980 was made up of Igbo mainly with Christian chukwu as the captain
I didn't see yekini's name there

https://mobile.twitter.com/thenff/status/1241752847739428864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1241752847739428864&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cafonline.com%2Fnews-center%2Fnews%2Fflashback-how-the-eagles-landed-at-surelere-in-1980

1 Like

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Iamgrey5(m): 7:52am On Jun 14, 2020
vanunu:

We have Bash Alli a middle weight champion.

Henry Akiwande heavy weight champion champion..

We have Antony Joshua.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 14, 2020
Gabkosh:
Go and sleep abeg
This is basket ball ... didn't even search too much and igbos dominated again

1 Like

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ideke9000: 7:55am On Jun 14, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

Yes. No Igbo striker can touch Obafemi Martins not to even talk of Yekini. Mikel is a midfielder (and an average one at that) not a striker. Get sense.

Edo? You mean Yakubu? Even Yakubu comes after Obagoal. At any rate. Yekini remains King of Nigerian strikers. Confam.

1. Nigerian winning teams had players from many different tribes not just Igbos. 2. Yes, Igbos produce more footballers because they see football as business. But 99% are average. Apart from Kanu and Okocha there is no other Igbo player that could not have been benched by any other player from another tribe. Facts.

Oga,stop typing thrash..they see football as business while others see it as what

Lol, it's now no Igbo striker now not football again cheesy cheesy

Where is obafemi today, how cups and competitions has he led Nigerian team to..please, stop comparing obafemi to Mikel, it's an insult to Mikel obi..they are not mates..Mikel has achieved many things in football that obafemi martins can only dream of..
It's only Igbo's that have won caf award in Nigeria..
Obafemi martins is yet to be even nominated for car award and you are comparing him to mike ..

Leave sports to Igbo's, they are no competitors there..

2 Likes

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ibadanpikin: 7:55am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

It's not a debate, you guys don't beat Yorubas in these aspect
Swimming Boxing Wrestling Sprinting Music Movies The richest Education Tech Lawyers doctors personalities
You still sound like a kid,mention u no fit.Yoruba ole.
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Iamgrey5(m): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2020
Ideke9000:

The Nigerian team that won the nations cup in 1980 was made up of Igbo mainly with Christian chukwu as the captain
I didn't see yekini's name there

https://mobile.twitter.com/thenff/status/1241752847739428864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1241752847739428864&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cafonline.com%2Fnews-center%2Fnews%2Fflashback-how-the-eagles-landed-at-surelere-in-1980
Segun Odegbami was their main goal scoreer IN 1980 OR DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.

YEKINI STARTED PLAYING IN 1982 AND WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VICTORY IN 1994.

Below is screen shot of goals scored in 1980 finals and who scored the goals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Emilokoiyawon: 7:56am On Jun 14, 2020
vanunu:

But Dick Tiger is like 50 years ago? Guy, Yorubas are breaking skulls and smashing faces as we speak at the highest level. For a tribe of 'cowards' I will say we have done very well for ourselves. Its time for the chest beating 'tough' tribe to goo and produce an Anthony Joshua and an Israel Adesanya. Since you Igbos are so 'tough' and 'courageous' you should have no problem doing this within a year. grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nadaken: 7:58am On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

Lol music is everywhere igbos have had there fair share of dominance too
I have followed this thread from page 1 and this your accession just showed how ignorant you are.

No offense intended, but sunny Ade, fela, Ebenezer obey alone are greater than than the old generation Igbo musicians like osadebe etc, (I mean sunny Ade music still rocked homes and shows that aren't even Yoruba then)

I don't know any Igbo current musician that is greater than phyno yet the dude reverenced the fact he was an apprentice under olamide (same olamide that was a benefactor to dagrin).

And this is just for indeginous musicians, the main stream Igbo don't come close to Wizkid, davido, and the likes which they struggle to sing to their lyrics.

Female arstist ( yemi alade, tiwa, teni, Simi, ninola, seyi Shay) please drop female Igbo artist

In terms of entertainment, Yoruba own that, I am not even Yoruba myself

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ideke9000: 8:01am On Jun 14, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Segun Odegbami was their main goal scoreer IN 1980 OR DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.

YEKINI STARTED PLAYING IN 1982 AND WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VICTORY IN 1994.

Below is screen shot of goals scored in 1980 finals and who scored the goals
Who won the player of the tournament Was it not Christian chukwu. His impact was felt more the tournament that's why he won the player of the tournament..
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ibadanpikin: 8:02am On Jun 14, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

Mikel is greater than any other yoruba player dead or alive.Emmanuel Amuneke is a sensation to watch.
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Iamgrey5(m): 8:06am On Jun 14, 2020
Ibadanpikin:
You are a kid who no nothing about football.Christain chukwu was the best player of the tournament in 1980 nations cup.Emmanuel Amunike's two goals at the final give Nigeria the nations cup in 1994.Amunike was later voted the African best player of the year.

First of all, it's strange to claim a defender was the best player in the tournament when the team scored the highest goals in the tournament.

Segun Odegbami was the joint highest scoreer in 1980 with Lawal not to far behind

As for 1994 nations cup, Emunike only scored in final for the very first time in the tournament as Yekini was closely marked. Without Yekini scoring Five goals, there would have been no final for Nigeria.

Yekini was the highest goal scoreer in that tournament.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 14, 2020
Nadaken:
I have followed this thread from page 1 and this your accession just showed how ignorant you are.

No offense intended, but sunny Ade, fela, Ebenezer obey alone are greater than than the old generation Igbo musicians like osadebe etc, (I mean sunny Ade music still rocked homes and shows that aren't even Yoruba then)

I don't know any Igbo current musician that is greater than phyno yet the dude reverenced the fact he was an apprentice under olamide (same olamide that was a benefactor to dagrin).

And this is just for indeginous musicians, the main stream Igbo don't come close to Wizkid, davido, and the likes which they struggle to sing to their lyrics.

Sunny ade better than osadebe ? U must be a Lagos grown who thinks Nigeria starts n ends with Lagos

I grew up in the east and never heard any Yoruba musician aside fela n not for his music but Activism

Lol yes today Yorubas might have the upper hand in music doesn't mean igbos don't hold their own
Phyno apprentice under olamide .? U just he smoking shit ....no Igbo musician us bigger than phyno ? Really? Don jazzy is from ibadan right ? P square have denied their Igboness right ? ...runtown no longer sings

Even buner us from Igbo speaking part of Rivers

No matter who u are in the music industry without oga polo go and read about pual okoye not the p square own ooh ...then u would know

When Abu ventures Ran the industrial in Nigeria did igbos brag ? ....not u guys want to make mouth

2 Likes

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ideke9000: 8:10am On Jun 14, 2020
Nadaken:

Oga stop typing thrash.. Go to eastern Nigeria a s see that people still play osadebe songs,oliver d coke and the rest and they are no greater than any old generation Igbo musicians.. Most Igbo's don't even know of them except for fela though.

It was the likes of psquare,tuface that changed took Nigerian hip hop music industry to a another height.. They made Nigerian music Nigerian music what is it today for others to enter the stage..

Phyno an apprentice under olamide how and when did he say that.. Care to show me the link to where he said it cheesy cheesy

The likes of tekno,run town, jidenna,patronaking,psquare,zoro are still Igbo's..

Tekno and run town still writes and produces hit songs for davido don't forget that cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Emilokoiyawon: 8:11am On Jun 14, 2020
Ideke9000:

Oga,stop typing thrash..they see football as business while others see it as what
Common. You know how your people are now. When they see business the rush in and SATURATE the market with low-grade products. Na u na way. grin grin

Ideke9000:

Lol, it's now no Igbo striker now not football again
Yes now. Comparing a midfielder to a striker is madness. Comparing Drogba to Mikel is madness. One's job is to score goals and the other is to control the midfield. Get sense.

Ideke9000:

Where is obafemi today, how cups and competitions has he led Nigerian team to..
Yes. No Igbo striker can stand toe to toe with Oba-goal let alone Yekini. These are facts not opinion.

Ideke9000:

please, stop comparing obafemi to Mikel, it's an insult to Mikel obi..they are not mates..Mikel
You are the one comparing them not me. Oba-goal was a striker (a very good one) and Mikel was a midfielder (a very average one). See above - only an idiot will compare striker to defensive midfielder.

Ideke9000:

has achieved many things in football that obafemi martins can only dream of..
Nothing special about Mikel. Many average players win trophies. Many great players go trophyless. So are you saying Mikel is greater than Okocha?

Ideke9000:

It's only Igbo's that have won caf award in Nigeria..
Big lie. Yekini was the first Nigeria to win CAF player of the year. And in terms of women Oshoala don win am. tongue

Ideke9000:

Obafemi martins is yet to be even nominated for car award and you are comparing him to mike ..
Did Okocha get CAF Award? So are you saying back-passing master Mikel is better than Okocha?

Ideke9000:

Leave sports to Igbo's, they are no competitors there..
You mean football? Nah. First, produce a STRIKER to rival Yekini and Oba-goal then produce a goal keeper that will rival Vincent Enyeama the Ibibio man then I will take you serious. Until then, its just your normal chest-beating. tongue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Kano Hisbah Oppresses And Brutalizes The Poor / Buhari Commiserates With Innoson On Mother’s Death / PDP Trying To Profit From A National Tragedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.