Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring (11483 Views)

Demons: You Hate Igbos Yet Can't Imagine Life Without Igbos / Mbaka To Buhari On IPOB Sit-at-Home: Negotiate With Igbos, Nigeria Sinking / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ideke9000: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2020
Iamgrey5:
If an average player can be the second highest scorer of all time in your country, by implication you are saying others below him are worst than average.

Ask your dad that who was the head master?

An average player that's what he is and that's why he never won CAF award cheesy

He had good teammates that made things easy for him and that's why he was able to score goals ..nothing spectacular about him cheesy
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

Is that the only name u saw there ...how many igbos where there and how many yorubas

Sharap! You posted pictures of G-League players, players that can get cut from their team any moment from now. Which one of the players you posted has ever made an all star team, what igbo man has ever won NBA MVP?

Lol someone said Tiwa Savage is not Yoruba, I agree she is from mars! If I sand you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Iamgrey5(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2020
Ideke9000:

Shutup..he started his career there and how popular was he is then.. He could have stayed back in the UK to continue his acting instead go coming back to Nigeria to join nollywood..
He acted very popular movies and drama in the British movie industry.

By the 1970s he came back to Nigeria, Nigeria was not a terrible country like this.

You should talk to your parents about some important stuff, I don't think you should be older than 19.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ayekotoo(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2020
manuelreports:

Their Women nko, they can flirt for Africa.

Coming from someone whose their girls are known for asewo work across the brothels of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Kidakudz5: 9:50am On Jun 14, 2020
kayfra:
Which Igbo NBA player is close to Giannis Adetokunbo or his brothers?

The only thing Okoros know how to play is soccer and it's not the pure Igbos that are good at it. It's the Delta Igbos

grin
soccer that can't win us afcon or world cup?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ideke9000: 9:52am On Jun 14, 2020
Iamgrey5:
He acted very popular movies and drama in the British movie industry.

By the 1970s he came back to Nigeria, Nigeria was not a terrible country like this.

You should talk to your parents about some important stuff, I don't think you should be older than 19.
Oga, no matter how good Nigeria was then, if he was popular in British movie industry, there is no way he could have come back to Nigeria.. At least, he would have made more money in Britain than in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by sesan85(m): 9:58am On Jun 14, 2020
Ideke9000:

Yemi alade is half Igbo and Yoruba
Tiwa Savage is not Yoruba

When it come to music industry Yoruba females are doing well morethan Igbo females but when it comes to other sectors of entertainment igbo females are well represented more than Yoruba females

Movie industries: Yoruba's don't have the likes of Genevieve,Rita Dominic, uche jumbo, Chika Ike,Chioma chukwuka,Stephanie okereke, oge okey etc..

The likes of beauty pageantry, Igbo females still dominate there same as modelling..
Clarion Chukwura is also half Igbo, half Yoruba, does it mean she's not Igbo? If Tiwa Savage is not Yoruba, what is she? Eskimo? Drooling slowpoke!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ayekotoo(m): 9:58am On Jun 14, 2020
Mraphel:

Had it been Igbo did not come to the South west...their won't be all these personalities they are ascribing to themselves.

God bless you for this statement. Without Yorubaland, most Igbos won't be successful. Their success is interwoven with the Yoruba people and their land.
Have never seen a Yoruba or any other tribeman that goes to igboland and be successful. I stand corrected

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Kidakudz5: 10:21am On Jun 14, 2020
Someone said Bianca won miss universe grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ayekotoo(m): 10:26am On Jun 14, 2020
Ideke9000:

Movie industries: Yoruba's don't have the likes of Genevieve,Rita Dominic, uche jumbo, Chika Ike,Chioma chukwuka,Stephanie okereke, oge okey etc...

Modified
Omotola Jolade, Bimbo Akintola, Joke Silva, Ayo Adesanya, Ireti Doyle et all and don't forget the current heavyweight Sola Sobowale, best nollywood actress for three consecutive years.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ibadansun1: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2020
grin
I am still here
They keep sending Mods after me cheesy
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ibadansun1: 10:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Omotola Jolade, Bimbo Akintola, Joke Silva, Ayodeji adesanya, Ireti Doyle et all and don't forget the current heavyweight Sola Sobowale, best nollywood actress for three consecutive years.
You are talking to a toddler jare

Don't mind the igbo boy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by vanunu: 10:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Gabkosh:
7 yorubas have won Grammy Award, no igbo has ever been nominated for it, not to talk of winning.
Dr Alban has won it.
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Kinematics: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2020
Afanoja and Igbo on to their dicl measurement shit.

Make una carry on!
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ideke9000: 10:53am On Jun 14, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Modified
Omotola Jolade, Bimbo Akintola, Joke Silva, Ayo Adesanya, Ireti Doyle et all and don't forget the current heavyweight Sola Sobowale, best nollywood actress for three consecutive years.
Joke Silva is only actress I know there.. You can't compare the rest to the Genevieve, Rita,Stephanie okereke,Chioma chukwuka,oge okey, Uche jumbo etc
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ideke9000: 10:53am On Jun 14, 2020
sesan85:
Clarion Chukwura is also half Igbo, half Yoruba, does it mean she's not Igbo? If Tiwa Savage is not Yoruba, what is she? Eskimo? Drooling slowpoke!
she is full blooded Igbo cheesy
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ibadanpikin: 11:29am On Jun 14, 2020
Ayekotoo:

God bless you for this statement. Without Yorubaland, most Igbos won't be successful. Their success is interwoven with the Yoruba people and their land.
Have never seen a Yoruba or any other tribeman that goes to igboland and be successful. I stand corrected
Lagos no man's land is what most igbos developed.oyo,ogun,osun,ekiti and ondo states with their brown roof and mud houses never make any igbo man to be successful.

2 Likes

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ibadanpikin: 11:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Modified
How many of those village champions u mention has ever won a national merit award.

1 Like

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by sesan85(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2020
Ideke9000:
she is full blooded Igbo cheesy
Clarion Chukwura's mother is Yoruba, you clown!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 14, 2020
afonjas are afraid of dominance in their own land kikikii grin

Now Afonjas forget sports stop deceiving yourself
Let’s talk about music name any Afonja producers greater than these list making rave today who are all igbos
1. Rexxie
2.selebobo
3.kel p
4.masterkraft
5.donjazzy
6.tekno

Kel p produced burnaboy album nominated for grammy

Some yorubas don’t know without rexxie there will be nothing like zanku music he is the arrow head of zanku music use your google first before arguing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 14, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Modified

What about Funke Akindele, she’s a current heavy weight as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by kayfra: 11:58am On Jun 14, 2020
Kidakudz5:
soccer that can't win us afcon or world cup?

They only have individual skills. The clanish genes won't let them work as a team together except when blended with Yoruba clinical finishers like Rasheed Yekini, Mutiu Adepoju etc. Kanu Nwankwo is an anomaly and Mikel Obi is essentially a Jos born and bred guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
kayfra:

They only have individual skills. The clanish genes won't let them work as a team together except when blended with Yoruba clinical finishers like Rasheed Yekini, Mutiu Adepoju etc. Kanu Nwankwo is an anomaly and Mikel Obi is essentially a Jos born and bred guy
no Yoruba has ever won the champions league before grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by kayfra: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

Sunny ade better than osadebe ? U must be a Lagos grown who thinks Nigeria starts n ends with Lagos

I grew up in the east and never heard any Yoruba musician aside fela n not for his music but Activism

Lol yes today Yorubas might have the upper hand in music doesn't mean igbos don't hold their own
Phyno apprentice under olamide .? U just he smoking shit ....no Igbo musician us bigger than phyno ? Really? Don jazzy is from ibadan right ? P square have denied their Igboness right ? ...runtown no longer sings

Even buner us from Igbo speaking part of Rivers

No matter who u are in the music industry without oga polo go and read about pual okoye not the p square own ooh ...then u would know

When Abu ventures Ran the industrial in Nigeria did igbos brag ? ....not u guys want to make mouth

Don Jazzy is Isoko

Isoko wado!

Identity stealer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by kayfra: 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
no Yoruba has ever won the champions league before grin grin

It's a team sport dude. Not an individual medal grin

So don't come and make mouth with a medal mostly won by Europeans with one Igbo guy in the mix grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
kayfra:

It's a team sport dude. Not an individual medal grin

So don't come and make mouth with a medal mostly won by Europeans with one Igbo guy in the mix grin

yes show me your Afonja champion that has a champions league winning medal since it’s easy

2 Likes

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
Chioma ajunwa is the first and only African woman to win an Olympic gold medal individually till date since 1996

2 Likes

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by kayfra: 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
yes show me your Afonja champion that has a champions league winning medal since it’s easy

Show me an Igbo that has won MVP in any professional league

I expect crickets grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
kayfra:

Don Jazzy is Isoko

Isoko wado!

Identity stealer
this is don jazzy father Collins enebeli don’t be stupid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by kayfra: 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
this is don jazzy father Collins enebeli don’t be stupid

Is Igbo written on his forehead? How silly can you be posting a useless picture that shows nothing?

Enebeli is Isoko

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Ooni: 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
we are trying our best as a people but never to be compared to ibos. They own nollywood, dominate sports, business and control a large chunk of music the industry including gospel. There is no need to sound defensive about it. There is no other city one can describe as an entertainment hub here in the west outside Lagos. But in the east, you have Enugu, Owerri, portharcout, Asaba ,Onitsha etc The Lagos I love to reference is half dominated by Ibos and a lot of our people who are doing well in Lagos were inspired by those ibos who live there. Imagine trading and business without them. Most of the brands that that represent our country positively are owned by them. I don't watch the Big brother show but we all know most people who spice it up and eventually win it are ibos, most sponsors are also ibos, most invited celebrities are ibos. ahh! I once asked my self if they remove our people in the entire BB naija stuff, this show would go on well. I repeat remove them and remove the glory of naija. we know it, let's stop sounding defensive about it.
Re: Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nigerian female soccer team is highly dominated by igbos the Nigerian female soccer team iS the most successful African female team in history winning a record number of 11 afcon titles with the top scorer perpetua nkwocha as the top scorer 80 goals grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Will Still Favour Me – Adeleke / Don’t Hold Elections In Adamawa, Governor Begs INEC / Should Alaba Electronics Market And Computer Village Be Relocated To The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.