Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,156 members, 7,815,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters (81393 Views)

See What Obaseki Was Caught Doing Today As Election Results Comes In / Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin / Obaseki Was Oshiomhole's Best Man At His Wedding To Iara (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by SaintLucia: 9:26am On Jun 14, 2020
SirBunky85:
just imagine,a man who couldn't evn address supporters during the campaigns in 2016 while oshiomole did everything for him,including dancing to create fun,displaying of his oratory prowess,damning all other hardworking partymen just to give him the ticket.now he started listening to negative advises from fayemi,elrufai,oyegun,lalong,philip shuaibu,etc to spite oshiomole/tinubu without doing his calculation well.now look at the result.let his colleagues governors help him nah
Don't mind him. And today, he is wailers number one big fan.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Obey82: 9:30am On Jun 14, 2020
I think the whole thing is confusing. APC knew all these secret before they presented him as candidate in the last election. Now that they have exposed him, APC ought to approach the court and report their fraudulent acts, in which that court should should forfeit Onaseki's position as Edo Governor, and be made to refund all he has acquired since he became Governor.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Tonyfx: 9:30am On Jun 14, 2020
akdjr:
Oshiomole only presented the certificate he has which is O'level and also the one he got from one institute from His. He never fraudulently acquired any result from any institution. I remember after our graduation during collection of results before we proceed for NYSC, some student who couldn't graduated with us after they were screened out when verification was carried out later went back to obtain original result through the help of who no man and I am sure some got job with such result. If such guys are petition tomorrow for possession of fake result some will call it witch-hunting.

In your case verification was carried out before graduating you guys, then why won't they verify someone before allowing him rule a state for 4yrs. Las las na d beef with Oshiomole disqualified him, not the fake certificate. Even after your president has ruled 4yrs that's when he was asked to provide WAEC certificate coz PDP was trying to disqualify him. Truth be told lots of our leaders don't have qualifications for the position they occupy and nobody says nothing until they piss off the wrong person. WHAT A COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Lisaint(m): 9:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Why is it that all Nigeria politicians always lost their certificate.....All of them like using affidavits. When It comes to the question of producing original copy

Also when ever they are arrested/on trial or charged for anything corruption.. They will say they are sick and they need to travel for medical checkup

This is really common among naija politicians
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by muffyt05: 9:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Obaseki ant � don swallow big cube of sugar. Politically, he's gone. He's not wanted by his party, and PDP or any other party cannot field him as well cos he's a political Liability. If he contests and wins under another party, APC would surely have a strong case against him in court, the reason he's not challenging his nullification.
Just like before, the 'Edo nor be Lagos' crew wouldn't understand this

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by contigiency(m): 9:33am On Jun 14, 2020
12345baba:
What is classical studies?

O boy the thing tire me ooo.

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by uvie66: 9:35am On Jun 14, 2020
HOW DID OBASEKI ENTER UNIVERSITY WITH THREE O LEVEL ?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by martineverest(m): 9:40am On Jun 14, 2020
BornRicch:

I'm not in support of Oshiomhole, but get your facts right because Afemai are the second largest not the third. Oshiomhole is dictating already in Edo State and there's nothing Esans or Benins can do about it. Let's not attack each other's on Nairaland.
wetin u smoke...esan and binis are the largest...hope u know Edo State is pdp
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by donpap: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2020
youthsinitiativ:
What's the news here?

I Wonder
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Tareq1105: 9:46am On Jun 14, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
last last obaseki will contest with his o,level result under PDP and disgrace OSIHOMOLE and thief iyamu

And you think case of documents (already in public domain) forgery and complications will not be pressed against him by APC that offloaded him?

My advice for him is that he should end the fight, complete his on going projects, commission them and retire into private life and enjoy his pension.

Those PDP are deceiving him bcoz he's believe to have the money to spend. They, including Atiku, won't be able to help him out when the in coming APC governor will decend on him.

I warned him then never to attack the kingmakers that Installed him but he chose to listen to small boys around him, we can see the result now. How can you be fighting people that knows you better than yourself?

Hear this, if he decamp to another party, then expect phase 2 of the crisis. The 14 HoA members will inaugurate themselves and with Federal backing will commence work. I want to add that not all the 10 HoA members presently with him will follow him to wherever he chose to go.

That's politics and politicians for you.

Then we need to look at the fate of his deputy, Phillip Shaibu in the new arrangement. Would they concede deputy governor slot to him also?

What about the State / local government Party Chairmen of APC, would they be Chairman over there too? I don't see Obaseki leaving with 20% of all these party members. Trust politicians, they know how to do their calculations and permutations.

It's a big problem which ought to have been solved with obedience and little little patience (Majek Fashek).

I wish Obaseki well in his decision.

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by juman(m): 9:47am On Jun 14, 2020
Common.
I believe the governor has A Level certificate.

But his political style is wrong.
He could have done some things differently from oshiomhole style without trying to destroy the party.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Tuns20(m): 9:48am On Jun 14, 2020
What's shocking is that didn't APC know all this facts in 2016..in 2016 they didn't know obaseki was spelt as obasek in his nysc certificate.. Nigeria is a joke..
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by rottennaija(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2020
FirefliesSun:
So what if PDP goes to Court to challenge obaseki and inec on the current term obaseki is serving.

I thought Nigeria has passed the godfatherism stage

Statute of limitation. That time has pass.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by juman(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2020
If the governor perform well, let him join any party. Surely he would win.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Santsal: 9:49am On Jun 14, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Obaseki is the architecture of his failure

Abuja Gist

Adams Oshiomhole did not know Godwin Obaseki from anywhere. It was Aliko Dangote, based on his closeness with both, that took Obaseki to Oshiomhole as his preferred candidate for Edo State governorship.

Oshiomhole accepted Obaseki and supported his ambition. He staked everything for Obaseki to realise his ambition. With Oshiomhole's support, Obaseki won the election.

The moment crisis started rearing its ugly head between Obaseki and Oshiomhole, Dangote approached Obaseki and advised him to tread cautiously on his fight against his benefactor (Oshiomhole).

Obaseki told Dangote, "this is politics, not business". Dangote was embarrassed and left Obaseki.

Now, Obaseki was feeling the heat, and his second term ambition threatened; he approached Dangote to mediate and appeal to Oshiomhole on his plight. Dangote told Obaseki, "I AM A BUSINESSMAN; I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT POLITICS".
An ungrateful blood even when you help him to climb will seek to push you off from the cliff. They are everywhere in the family, community and close friends. Obaseki's role in the recent push to oust Oshimole's from his role as APC Chiarman is a case in point.

- Adejare I.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by jaxxy(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2020
Bighead9:
Obaseki is now an ex Governor of Edo State. grin grin grin angry angry grin grin

Park your load and go. grin

Have they gone to ask the school itself about the certificate or are they waiting for Santa Claus to help them

Bt he can still contest with his olevel. grin
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by juman(m): 9:51am On Jun 14, 2020
Tuns20:
What's shocking is that didn't APC know all this facts in 2016..in 2016 they didn't know obaseki was spelt as obasek in his nysc certificate.. Nigeria is a joke..

The 2020 supreme court against apc governor-elect in bayelsa changed the game rule.
Party should not risk such thing again.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by jaxxy(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2020
Tareq1105:

And you think case of documents (already in public domain) forgery and complications will not be pressed against him by APC that offloaded him?

My advice for him is that he should end the fight, complete his on going projects, commission them and retire into private life and enjoy his pension.

Those PDP are deceiving him bcoz he's believe to have the money to spend. They, including Atiku, won't be able to help him out when the in coming APC governor will decend on him.

I warned him then never to attack the kingmakers that Installed him but he chose to listen to small boys around him, we can see the result now. How can you be fighting people that knows you better than yourself?

Hear this, if he decamp to another party, then expect phase 2 of the crisis. The 14 HoA members will inaugurate themselves and with Federal backing will commence work. I want to add that not all the 10 HoA members presently with him will follow him to wherever he chose to go.

That's politics and politicians for you.

Then we need to look at the fate of his deputy, Phillip Shaibu in the new arrangement. Would they concede deputy governor slot to him also?

What about the State / local government Party Chairmen of APC, would they be Chairman over there too? I don't see Obaseki leaving with 20% of all these party members. Trust politicians, they know how to do their calculations and permutations.

It's a big problem which ought to have been solved with obedience and little little patience (Majek Fashek).

I wish Obaseki well in his decision.

Did the school tell u he forged anything??
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by maasoap(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2020
Tonyfx:
Oshiomole that doesn't even have certificates at all ruled Edo state for 8yrs

That's a lie you decided to feed yourself. As you wish.

now because he has issues with oshiomole his certificate don get comma. nonsense angry

He should have thought deeply before committing political suicide
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Ekpekaycee: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2020
I believe this is the same credentials Obasike used in 2016 when he was the preferred choice of the godfathers and nobody saw anything wrong with it.
I think we should go back to 2016 and bring to book all those who facilitated and aided an "unqualified" man to become governor by knowing the truth and concealing it from the people and the authorities.
I see all this drama as calling a dog a bad name just to hang it. Since the University of Ibadan have confirmed his certificate, I think anyone aggressived should sue the University for admitting him when he is not qualified for admission and graduating him after 3 years instead of 4 years.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by MRSEE: 9:55am On Jun 14, 2020
Nigeria is really a joke.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Nickymichy(m): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2020
U just said what's my mind
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Walexdubia(m): 10:06am On Jun 14, 2020
ahmedkoded95:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/13/revealed-real-reason-edo-governor-godwin-obaseki-was-disqualified-all-progressives

Not that I'm a racist,but I think the white people were right when they said Africans gained independence too early....

Which is vividly clear,with the way our politicians rule this country so prematurely.To me it's so saddening,things can't just be going this way in this country, this year Nigeria is gonna be 60,but The nation got nothing to show for it...

Every 4yrs we vote, but the same politicians throw the same weak shit at us,I'm not just talking about the politicians alone but we the masses commit all sort of crimes,coz we the masses are the ones used as pawns to carry out their dirty games...

We the youths all go to school, but education in this country got no plans for us, for those that even manage to get a job Employers end up giving them peanuts as salary....what a pity

U know it's so funny, I'm not sad for being black but I'm just sad for being a Nigerian..
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by kingthreat(m): 10:09am On Jun 14, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
last last obaseki will contest with his o,level result under PDP and disgrace OSIHOMOLE and thief iyamu

E go hard ooo
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by golddare: 10:17am On Jun 14, 2020
ahmedkoded95:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/13/revealed-real-reason-edo-governor-godwin-obaseki-was-disqualified-all-progressives

Classically disqualified and classically refused to appeal, classically decamped and classically win or loose. That's classic.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by damosade(m): 10:18am On Jun 14, 2020
imagine Univercity. High Court of justice.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Tareq1105: 10:21am On Jun 14, 2020
royalfly:

This is just the beginning... everyone of you will be surprised in the end

Sorry o, it's like you're in pain over this.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by majamajic(m): 10:22am On Jun 14, 2020
Thelimitbreaker:
The reason is that as you are rising to the top, make sure you have burnt and buried all the skeletons you have and don't be silly to keep it in a cupboard cause a day will come that this bed-fellows will uncover your secrets before the world in broad day-light. Those guyz no send you, cause their conscience has been seared with hot iron. So as you walk on a mudy ground, pour enough sand on the foot prints to shield it. Walk circumspectly

That means u have to obey them that's the only way to close your foot prints , all of them that went other way , them all suffered
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by amaridigital(m): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
last last obaseki will contest with his o,level result under
PDP and disgrace OSIHOMOLE and thief iyamu

I think recently the National Assembly passed a law stating that aspirants to gubernatorial and presidential elections must posses a minimum of National diploma or Bachelors degree and Buhari of all people signed this to law. Remember that some people were saying that the law was meant to disqulify Atiku then. Please confirm this before you advice Obaseli to present WAEC result oooh.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Tareq1105: 10:31am On Jun 14, 2020
juman:
Common.
I believe the governor has A Level certificate.

But his political style is wrong.
He could have done some things differently from oshiomhole style without trying to destroy the party.

Yes, he sat for HSC but it's like the certificate has issues.

That's the JOKER that APC leadership is keeping from the public, probably for another day.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Kobicove(m): 10:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Tbasicme:

If he contest with his o'level and win. His victory will be challenged in court on the premise of prevarication of his academic qualifications especially on his first tenure and that's a very bad case. Apc has learn from their mistake in the bayelsa election

While I agree with your comment let us not deceive ourselves that Obaseki was disqualified because of his questionable university degree.

The real reason is his spat with Oshiomhole and everyone knows this!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK / Who Is This Senator And Why Is He Angry (pic) / Buhari Marks Inauguration With N61 Million 2019 Mercedes Benz (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.