Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,585 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? (39146 Views)

What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by benji93: 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
On the other hand, not believing in it doesn't put it out of existence too. Your unbelief it doesn't exist is a belief too, I am afraid. The problem I have with atheists is they calling religious beliefs such as heaven stupid. They can argue their non-belief based on lack of knowledge but well new particles are discovered in particle collides. SO
CyberEBOLA:
Well, belief can be powerful, reminds me of the placebo effect.
Unfortunately, believing that heaven and hell exists doesnt actually make it exist.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by akinademayowa(m): 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
The question of whether babies and Young children will go to heaven or hell, let me answer it with a related instance in the Bible, that of Jacob and Esau in Romans 9. When it was recorded that God said "Jacob I love and Esau I hate". Many people have tried to rationalize answers to this statement, and while they do that, they have ignored the most important reason behind the statement.
Romans 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that callethwink 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Look at vs 11... it says both Esau and Jacob had neither done anything good or bad when God made that statement. God didn't love Jacob because Jacob had done anything good and pleasing to God. Also, Esau hadn't done anything evil yet before God said Esau I hate... but there's something called "election". vs 11 says that the purpose of God according to election might stand. This means that God's decision to love Jacob and hate Esau is totally a personal decision that God made. He said I'll have mercy on whom I'll have mercy, and I'll have compassion on whom I'll have compassion. Normally, everyone is a sinner and deserve to be punished. But God choose some to save, like Jacob, it's all his own decision and no man can question that. So in the same way, like Jacob and Esau who hadn't done anything before God made that statement, I believe children and babies don't need to do anything good or evil, because God already knows those whom he had mercy and compassion on out of all of them. It's his own decision and shouldn't be our own headache. Thank you

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by erujejeaminat: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2020
Only the creator knows
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by CyberEBOLA(m): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
benji93:
On the other hand, not believing in it doesn't put it out of existence too. Your unbelief it doesn't exist is a belief too, I am afraid. The problem I have with atheists is they calling religious beliefs such as heaven stupid. They can argue their non-belief based on lack of knowledge but well new particles are discovered in particle collides. SO
Well, those who believes in the existence of such things are to be blamed for our disbeliefs.

If you say something exists(hell/heaven), and you cant give sufficient and convincing proof, then you are to be blamed.

SUPERNATURAL CLAIMS, REQUIRES SUPERNATURAL EVIDENCE.

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
Donniest22:

Can you back up your claim?

Absolutely.

Genesis 1 vs 26: Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness...

Psalms 82 vs 6: I said, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;

John 10 vs 34: Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
Iceberg3:

It's not contradictory,it's the same, please.

Why do you think Christians,preachers,crusafers,why do you think they face persecution?

How are they the same? undecided

And what has persecution got to do with what we are talking about?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Iceberg3: 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
TripleOh7:

How are they the same? undecided

And what has persecution got to do with what we are talking about?

"That if thou shalt CONFESS with thine mouth,the Lord Jesus,and believe with thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shall be saved".

It's same message
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Iceberg3: 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2020
TripleOh7:

Absolutely.

Genesis 1 vs 26: Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness...

Psalms 82 vs 6: I said, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;

John 10 vs 34: Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods?

Rom 5:12-19

12 "wherefore, as by one man,sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"

Please read till verse 19.
Note 18 and 19 very well.

Donniest22
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by raphy(m): 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
they will become angels in heaven growing in Godly wisdom and walking with God.
they may end up being someone guardian angel.
they can't go to hell they did nothing wrong .

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Ifyz0001: 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
The child cannot go to heaven, because the child has not been baptized. You remember original sin of Adam and Eve is still on everyone. There is another place where such souls go to, which is in the bible but silently mentioned.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Donniest22(m): 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2020
Iceberg3:

Rom 5:12-19

12 "wherefore, as by one man,sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"

Please read till verse 19.
Note 18 and 19 very well.

Donniest22
I am a Catholic by faith, I don't really understand the point in the last two verses.
I'll clearify myself from my parish priest
Thanks for the update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Iceberg3: 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Donniest22:

I am a Catholic by faith, I don't really understand the point in the last two verses.
I'll clearify myself from my parish priest
Thanks for the update

Please do, thanks

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
The baby goes to the dust!
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by dalass(f): 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hermes119:

Sorry Ma'am ur questions made me facepalm no offense especially the third one,but then I remember that all fingers are not equal some people's reasoning capacity is .......let me not continue shaa I don't want to sound like I'm insulting u,I do get ur point we all are still trying to grasp something beyond us I guess

I deliberately asked those questions and I wanted to make them as silly as possible but limited myself to those three... grin grin grin

Because if someone could answer and tell us what happens to us when we die, (that we just cease to exist, implying no heaven or hell). He should be able to tell us other things like where were we before we were born and why some things happen... If not, such a person should shut it when a book written by many men by the same Spirit tells us that there is an afterlife and even many living humans have had opportunity to see such realms.

If there is no life (existence) after death, it means there's no penalty or rewards for being good or bad while on earth. This means we can all go crazy: kill, steal, destroy as much as we all can... .. Just enjoy, do whatever pleases you, even destroy anything that you want, then poof! You are gone! Extinct! Then what? Nothingness!!!

Sorry, it doesn't work that way, we are spirit, soul and body. We got this body to stay on the earth and when we leave the earth, the spirit goes back to the spiritual realm and settle accounts as to how he spent his life..
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by benji93: 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
It's definitely your right to wallow in unbelief. And you seem to misunderstand the definition of belief by pestering us to provide evidence. In other words by belief in something I can't physically prove doesn't invalidate my belief. It fits the definition of a belief. In fact in physics there's no such thing as proving a theorem. All you endeavour do to is disprove it. Meanwhile you can't blame someone else for your beliefs. Your beliefs are your decisions based on your experience or lack of it.

You also need to choose your words wisely when making such arguments. What does supernatural mean?
You are trying to prove your claim that a belief is not true with an argument/words that don't quite belong in the parlance of a belief system. That's quite extraordinary I would say. grin
CyberEBOLA:
Well, those who believes in the existence of such things are to be blamed for our disbeliefs.

If you say something exists(hell/heaven), and you cant give sufficient and convincing proof, then you are to be blamed.

SUPERNATURAL CLAIMS, REQUIRES SUPERNATURAL EVIDENCE.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
Openbusiness:

The baby goes back to Heaven where it came from. Why? Because a baby doesn't have the consciousness of good and evil yet while it is a baby, even though it was born into sin and has the seed or implant of the knowledge of good and evil inside it's DNA. And also because by the finished works of Christ, the keys of hell and death is now with Jesus, meaning that Satan doesn't decide who goes to hell anymore, he can't lay claims to the spirits of men with impunity like he used to do. And finally because God loves children. He said, Allow the children to come to me. So every child that dies is going to Heaven, not by their own power, but by the grace and mercy of God. There is no single baby in hell, not even 1
How did you come to the conclusion that babies come from heaven?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Proffdada: 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
Hahaha! I doubt.
Most hell dwellers doubted grin
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
The same way a Lion gets away with killing and other evil, is the same way a human gets away with it, if not punished before death.
Do not be deceived bro. I have concrete evidence of what am telling you. My wife's uncle who died about 5 years ago appeared to my wife in the dream few months back where he's tied with a rope weeping. He eventually succeeded in telling in my wife to pass an important message to his sons concerning his terrible situation in the land of the spirit. We asked questions and we were told by a seer that the said uncle killed some ppl while he was alive hence the punishment he's receiving. No evil will go unrewarded don't be deceived
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

In my first post, I said a child goes back to God nd his judgement is different. The Bible talks about judgement seat in heaven, so everyone will be judge.
If the judgement seat is in heaven, that means the wicked will first get to heaven first before they are judged, abi?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2020
Roman7:

they don't go to hell, we're are born sinners and that's as a result of the sin Adam n Eve committed. Babies can't be accountable for their lives cuz they don't make decisions themselves. In death that baby is Innocent....cuz they haven't committed any sin and haven't reached the age of accountability so they go to Heaven.
Since we are born sinners, don't you think that baby is already a sinner even at birth? Your statement above is contradictory. And why will that baby go to heaven? On what basis?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
LordReed:

Yes that's what he is saying, even a child that is 7years and one day, off to Lake of fire with you for stealing sweet!

A drunken God indeed

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2020
TrajansKong:

Okay.

I got you all wrong.

This answer makes more sense to me.

Yeah....

I prefer his own grin
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by benji93: 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
I initially laughed when i wrote that, cos this is something more physical, and when i thought about it, it sounded ok. Do we not store data in clouds. Based on my religious beliefs, why can God, being all-powerful not be able institute such a system if your mind in the previous life is required in the after life. Again that opinion is based on some beliefs. You dont believe in the things I believe, on religious ground, so such a position is pointless to you. And it's well taken. On the issue of other living things like us, I could argue that they do not live based on reason. They were not created the same way we were created. Again based on my belief it's only God that can decide what judgement they will be subjected to. Remember all this is based on my belief. We are at an impasse. You can continue on in your unbelief. But I sincerely hope you see the light.
CyberEBOLA:
Spiritual cloud storage? Hahahaha!
You people will never stop amusing me grin grin

I guess the life after death only applies to selected living things, because I wonder what will become the end of canivorous animals.
Their killing spree will obviously make them end up in hell. Hehehe!

Just know this, they are living things like us, and what happens to them after death(inexistence) is what will happen to us too.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by lookingfly: 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
Acehart:
Earlier in the week, a Nigerian Magistrate decided to disqualify charges against a 15-year-old girl detained after killing a man who had attempted to rape her.

A just judge attends to every case according to its individual merits. If God is a just judge, He must deal with each person according to their individual merits.

When an infant dies, the destination of that infant is Heaven, instantly. Sin, age of accountability and predestination are usually the parameters many of us stumble when we try to provide an answer for this very important question. It is only the scriptures that can provide a comforting answer to the anguish many have felt concerning the final destiny of their dead babies.

Let us see the nature of the Judge:

1. God’s thoughts are precious (Psalm 139)

2. God knows everything about us in details before our conception (Psalm 139, Jer. 1).

3. God is a personal creator, He made each baby (Isaiah 46).

4 God regards children; in Ezekiel 16, the Lord describes how he picked up the Israelites as if they were an infant abandoned in the field; He uses Israel to show us that all infants are His children (Ezekiel 16:20) - He loves all of them (Luke 18:16). He rebuked Jonah for praying for the damnation of those could not discern their left hand from the right: little children and those mentally incapable of making right judgements.

You may ask when does a child stop being a child, and become accountable? When you consider the nature of everyone, the question should not be about “age of accountability” but the “condition of the individual”; a 30 years old person with down syndrome is “mentally a child”.

All children are unique in their development and exposure to the truth; so, a righteous judge has to consider these conditions. There is nowhere in the Bible where there is a stipulated “age of accountability”; so you have to take your eyes off the calendar. Only God knows the age of accountability.

Any child who hasn’t reached the point of moral culpability, to convincingly understand the difference between sin and salvation, will proceed to Heaven when such a child passes away.

what about an unbelievers child or an aborted foetus?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
Acehart:

What a funny question!

It is written in Ezekiel 33: “the Sovereign LORD, am the living God, I do not enjoy seeing sinners die”.

In the scriptures, the term “sinner” or “wicked” is used to describe a hardened offender, a habitual criminal, a regular felon, those whose actions or inactions resist the course of nature etc. No child falls into these descriptions because their innocence restrains them. Then if God does not enjoy seeing sinners condemned, how much more would He not enjoy the condemnation of the innocent?

I hear Abraham say to God: “ You could not possibly do such a thing: to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. You could not possibly do that! Won't the Judge of the whole earth do what is just?"

All dead babies and children will go to Heaven instantly when they die.

He doesn't enjoy but he still let's Dem go to hell....

Funny god grin

Even AMADIOHA and Ekwensu aren't so evil
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Segzy19: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
Story story!!! See the way you answered authoritatively as if you are God.

When a baby dies, the baby goes to heaven. Yes the Bible says all persons born of a woman is a sinner but Jesus in the same Bible made an accomodation for people like babies when he said 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they are doing'. This prayer covers babies too. Babies know not what they do; they don't have conscience. Jesus prayed for them already. The best friends of Jesus are kids...
I hope this helps...
GRIMMJOE:
The babies go to hell, any who dies without Jesus goes to hell.

Not to mention we are born sinners.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Felixyst: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
The kingdom of God is only by His Mercy and Grace.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Hermes119: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
dalass:

I deliberately asked those questions and I wanted to make them as silly as possible but limited myself to those three... grin grin grin

Because if someone could answer and tell us what happens to us when we die, (that we just cease to exist, implying no heaven or hell). He should be able to tell us other things like where were we before we were born and why some things happen... If not, such a person should shut it when a book written by many men by the same Spirit tells us that there is an afterlife and even many living humans have had opportunity to see such realms.

If there is no life (existence) after death, it means there's no penalty or rewards for being good or bad while on earth. This means we can all go crazy: kill, steal, destroy as much as we all can... .. Just enjoy, do whatever pleases you, even destroy anything that you want, then poof! You are gone! Extinct! Then what? Nothingness!!!

Sorry, it doesn't work that way, we are spirit, soul and body. We got this body to stay on the earth and when we leave the earth, the spirit goes back to the spiritual realm and settle accounts as to how he spent his life..

u can believe whatever u want but sis the universe doesn't owe u an explanation,things happen the way they would happen whether it makes send to us or not,when living things die microorganisms putrify them and that's it irrespective of what u choose to believe
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
Adeniyi9462:
Na heaven oo, cos him Neva commit any sin o
But the Bible says we are all born sinners, Romans 5:12.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by CyberEBOLA(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
benji93:
It's definitely your right to wallow in unbelief. And you seem to misunderstand the definition of belief by pestering us to provide evidence. In other words by belief in something I can't physically prove doesn't invalidate my belief. It fits the definition of a belief. In fact in physics there's no such thing as proving a theorem. All you endeavour do to is disprove it. Meanwhile you can't blame someone else for your beliefs. Your beliefs are your decisions based on your experience or lack of it.

You also need to choose your words wisely when making such arguments. What does supernatural mean?
You are trying to prove your claim that a belief is not true with an argument/words that don't quite belong in the parlance of a belief system. That's quite extraordinary I would say. grin
Hehehe!
Logically speaking, when you have sufficient proof to backup your claim that heaven and hell exists, contact me. grin
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by MrPresident1: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
There is a thing called reincarnation you will see in the Bible if you are willing

The baby is not a baby in the spiritual sense of the word.

A baby is the reincarnation of a previously existing soul.

People do not go to hell when they die, infact, all souls that are disembodied go to heaven, then when they are re*embodied in a new body suit via reincarnation, they are made to repay their karmic debts in the afflictions they face in their newest incarnation

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Hermes119: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

No!

No one (except babies who know nothing) will get a free pass because there is a revelation of God to everyone even before Christ came. Every creation on earth and the earth itself points to the existence of God.

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. (Romans 1:20)

If people have any excuse for not believing in Jesus Christ because they never heard about him, no one can have any excuse for not believing in the Creator.

So, people who never heard about Christ will be judged based on the works of their hands.

So are u saying that its possible for someone who didn't encounter Christ to live a life that can be certified as acceptable and worth a ticket to heaven ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

12 Sentences Every Christian Must Never Say Again ! / Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) / Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.