Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? (39118 Views)

What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Almunjid(m): 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
Well, belief can be powerful, reminds me of the placebo effect.
Unfortunately, believing that heaven and hell exists doesnt actually make it exist.

U talk like Seun the imam of NL confused Atheists. grin
Well, the fact that I don't believe that both of u exist doesn't mean that u don't actually exist.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Acehart: 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
lookingfly:
so you're in other words saying a child or foetus dead has no judgement irrespective of he's parents wether believers or not?

I gave you the words of God not mine. However, in jurisprudence, after judgment there is a sentence; for the unborn, infants and children, Heaven is their sentence. All I have written concerning the OP’s writeup is the sentence of all children - this implies that there will be a judgement.

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Iceberg3: 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
TripleOh7:

How is the bolded the same with:

undecided

Not everyone that says,"Lord,Lord,....*

The Bible says God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
He knows every heart and every intention.

He knows those who are genuinely His and the false prophets,pastors who are saying Lord Lord ,just to deceive people.
That's the meaning of that scripture.

I may profess to be a man of God but deep down I am a deceiver. But God knows the heart of every man.

So if you confess Jesus with a genuine heart or otherwise,He knows.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by nelsonoba: 8:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
donjazet:

Which father in which heaven?
Stop deluding yourself.

Anti-Christ spirit spotted...........
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by nelsonoba: 8:49pm On Jun 21, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
The babies go to hell, any who dies without Jesus goes to hell.

Not to mention we are born sinners.

I don't know what bible you read, but the Jesus of the bible clearly told us that innocent children will go to heaven.

Luke 18:15-17 New Living Translation (NLT)
Jesus Blesses the Children
15 One day some parents brought their little children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But when the disciples saw this, they scolded the parents for bothering him.

16 Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. 17 I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.”
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by consciousman: 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
NOBODY IS GOING TO HELL OR HEAVEN!
WAKE UP!

Anyway, where were you before your parents had sex?
That should answer the question.

At death, we simply stop existing!
In as much as I believed when you said nobody is going to either heaven or hell but I don't agree we stop living when we die, because there's another form of live different from our current form.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Danaire(m): 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
Only God knows
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hermes119:

Okay,I have some issues to raise but maybe later
OK, anytime, bro. Anytime, just mention me.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Iceberg3: 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
TripleOh7:

If I may ask, what is sin? How exactly do you define sin?

Well i might say,it's the wilful and deliberate actions that's contrary to God's ways or commandments... either by thoughts, imaginations, actions,inactions.

A man knows this cos he has a conscience that pricks him whenever he finds himself in such a situation.

They,not aii, are listed in the book of Galatians 5:19-21
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by CyberEBOLA(m): 9:26pm On Jun 21, 2020
benji93:
I have just been able to measure your level of education. You don't have more than a bachelor's degree, in fact a sub-bachelors certificate is very likely. The point is your argument is not salient. Provision of evidence doesn't work for everything. You are not dong well, man. Perhaps if you have had a better education on what is, you can contact me again. grin.
Hahaha! There goes a self acclaimed literate who cannot backup his claims with convincing evidence. Makes me wonder if your education wasn't a waste of fund.
You honestly should be refunded.

After weighing your IQ, it wouldn't be wrong to assume that the intrinsic contents of your encephalon have been deleted after being uploaded in your spiritual cloud storage.
Mr Educated cheesy grin grin
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by amakadlite(f): 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Investnow2017:

Simple. Until the words of Jesus at John 5:28,29.fulfills.
am earnestly looking forward to this promise
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Xmuslim: 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
stop waking them up , trust me it's better they believe In God
grin. Sometimes Waking them up is synonymous to speaking to a deaf individuals.

Deaf, dumb and blind - only little are destined to see the light

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Xmuslim: 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2020
consciousman:
In as much as I believed when you said nobody is going to either heaven or hell but I don't agree we stop living when we die, because there's another form of live different from our current form.

@ bolded, you sound so certain. How did you know this sir?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
NOBODY IS GOING TO HELL OR HEAVEN!
WAKE UP!

Anyway, where were you before your parents had sex?
That should answer the question.

At death, we simply stop existing!
oh really?? Kill urself and find out!!
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by CALCULUS16: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
[color=#006600][/color] to say the truth, religion has dealt excellently well with people's soul, though through fear and expectations of heaven according to ones faith and sinlessness. Religion is too small for GOD, heaven or hell is a state of mind , dont be deceived , only GOD knows whether hell or heaven exits but i am sure the all loving GOD will not throw little children into fire, even its not by monopolizing a particular religion by GOD through faith in a particular prophet, we are describing GOD according to our human ego, but according to my knowledge in science i believe, everything in this world is just illusion. take for example, as we are growing our faces are changing, nothing is constant about us, if you are expecting to see your grandfather in heaven what of those who knew him as a young boy, see this issue of hell or heaven has other meaning apart from its existence in other world
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
The babies go to hell, any who dies without Jesus goes to hell.

Not to mention we are born sinners.
u are not well!! Babies go to hell??
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by CyberEBOLA(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
armylord:
oh really?? Kill urself and find out!!
Lend me a knife. grin
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by benji93: 9:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
We part ways at this point. If you had the education I had you will be bowing down to God morning, afternoon, and evening. grin. My point is, there's a certain level of education you get that would empower you with the intellect to determine what argument is salient and what is not. That was what you missed in that submission on education. I previously told you, but your perceived sense of knowledge, which is quite lacking, won't allow you to see reason. It's a belief, and by definition, I don't need evidence. It's as simple as that. Your argument has always been related to the provision of evidence, and what I was pointing to you was that this argument is not sensible, cos it doesn't necessarily apply to a belief system, by definition. You claim we should be blamed for your unbelief, and that's the dumbest thing anyone would say. Again this points to sound education on the subject. You are definitely free to continue in your unbelief, and I won't argue with your unbelief. From your comments, you don't seem to understand what terms/explanations are useful in your argument. You keep mixing everything together. You mentioned supernatural, and still require evidence? I am quite disappointed. Meanwhile, your attack of other's beliefs is the problem, The valid context required to hold up your unbelief is different from that required to hold up my belief, but you don't seem to get the distinction and that's the problem. To be able to argue your case of unbelief, you would have to be able to get onto the same ground with the case of belief. You have not been able to create such a ground, hence your arguments just fall through. I wish you well in your endeavors. Just move on to something you are actually good at. We agree to disagree.

And stop using words like "encephalon". Is "brain" too hard to spell? grin. Your level of education especially on the subject doesn't depend on how scarcely used your words are. It's definitely above your pay grade. grin.
CyberEBOLA:
Hahaha! There goes a self acclaimed literate who cannot backup his claims with convincing evidence. Makes me wonder if your education wasn't a waste of fund.
You honestly should be refunded. .
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
Iceberg3:

Well i might say,it's the wilful and deliberate actions that's contrary to God's ways or commandments... either by thoughts, imaginations, actions,inactions.

A man knows this cos he has a conscience that pricks him whenever he finds himself in such a situation.

They,not aii, are listed in the book of Galatians 5:19-21

Well, I hold a very contrary opinion which I'm sure you don't wanna read about.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by omojeesu(m): 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
Reelafonja:
According to the Bible the yardstick for making heaven is giving your life to Christ. So if a young child dies at a young age and can't confess Jesus as Lord because he/ she can't talk or too young to comprehend.

Will he/she go to heaven.

Bible scholars

Every HUMAN baby goes to Heaven if it dies. Demonic babies are not human. The demon leaves and the physical body decomposes.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by DedeNkem: 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
Reelafonja:
According to the Bible the yardstick for making heaven is giving your life to Christ. So if a young child dies at a young age and can't confess Jesus as Lord because he/ she can't talk or too young to comprehend.

Will he/she go to heaven.

Bible scholars

Heaven and hell only exist in a Christian's mind. Drop your bible and pick up science books.

When human beings die, they disappear into nothingess, in other words, they seize to exist the same well they didn't exist before conception.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
Iceberg3:

Not everyone that says,"Lord,Lord,....*

The Bible says God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
He knows every heart and every intention.

He knows those who are genuinely His and the false prophets,pastors who are saying Lord Lord ,just to deceive people.
That's the meaning of that scripture.

I may profess to be a man of God but deep down I am a deceiver. But God knows the heart of every man.

So if you confess Jesus with a genuine heart or otherwise,He knows.

We are talking about what leads one to heaven isn't it?

You say confessing Jesus as your lord and savior does the trick.

Yes another part of the scriptures says that just saying "lord, lord" isn't the trick but doing the will of God is the magic.

Which one do we believe?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by CyberEBOLA(m): 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
benji93:
We part ways at this point. If you had the education I had you will be bowing down to God morning, afternoon, and evening. grin. My point is, there's a certain level of education you get that would empower you with the intellect to determine what argument is salient and what is not. That was what you missed in that submission on education. I previously told you, but your perceived sense of knowledge, which is quite lacking, won't allow you to see reason. It's a belief, and by definition, I don't need evidence. It's as simple as that. Your argument has always been related to the provision of evidence, and what I was pointing to you was that this argument is not sensible, cos it doesn't necessarily apply to a belief system, by definition. You claim we should be blamed for your unbelief, and that's the dumbest thing anyone would say. Again this points to sound education on the subject. You are definitely free to continue in your unbelief, and I won't argue with your unbelief. From your comments, you don't seem to understand what terms/explanations are useful in your argument. You keep mixing everything together. You mentioned supernatural, and still require evidence? I am quite disappointed. Meanwhile, your attack of other's beliefs is the problem, The valid context required to hold up your unbelief is different from that required to hold up my belief, but you don't seem to get the distinction and that's the problem. To be able to argue your case of unbelief, you would have to be able to get onto the same ground with the case of belief. YOu have not been able to create such a ground, hence the argument falls through. I wish you well in your endeavors. Just move on to something you are actually good at. We agree to disagree.
You are the one mixing things up ignorantly.
The context of this discussion is based on your claim that Heaven and Hell are real and my expectation is for you to prove it beyond reasonable doubt, but your level of intelligence wont allow you decipher that.

Anyway, after weighing your IQ, it wouldn't be wrong to assume that the intrinsic contents of your encephalon have been deleted after being uploaded in your so-called spiritual cloud storage.
Mr Educated grin grin
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:

Lend me a knife. grin
I'd give u an axe
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by CyberEBOLA(m): 10:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
armylord:
I'd give u an axe
Blood of Jesus! grin grin
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
Blood of Jesus! grin grin
lol oh so u can mention Jesus' name.. grin
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by CyberEBOLA(m): 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
armylord:
lol oh so u can mention Jesus' name.. grin
Hahahaha! I had no choice as you really wanted me gone.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2020
Acehart:

Even Amadioha punishes the wicked and destroys everything the wicked person possesses. I guess you are making a case for the wicked not to be sent to hell.

Many Christians have made the true God have a bad face; this is not meant to be so. “Hell” means “the grave” - this is all men’s destination, wicked or innocent - You and I have that as our final destination in this life.

The “Hell” or “Hell of fire” you have in mind is misunderstood by many people including Christians; and since many people refuse to read, they are led or misled by oral comments and traditions. The “Hell of fire” Christ spoke about was a place that is devoid of the benefits of God; from the report of ‘Lazarus and the rich man‘, it is a place without time, a place of regretful reminisce and without comfort. It is also a place where a wicked person’s heart still remains the same after death - because he has refused to acknowledge God while he was alive, God has left him permanently in the afterlife - it is this state that is referred to as “fire”.

I’ll give you this picture: it is said: “time heals”; where there is no time, that means our disappointments and pains will be as fresh as they have been from the moment we first felt them. I don’t know if a girl has ever broken your heart; if this has happened to you and you never recovered, isn’t that “fire”? But time, a benefit from God, has healed you. God has shown that He will never throw humans into a literal fire, so why do people say he will do such? If you believed them, whose fault is it?

I like your explanation....but God of Christianity is more evil.....his Bible says it all.....

Nobody has ever broken my � grin grin shocked

Time is the most powerful god whether we luke it or not.....
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by JanSnow: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
Investnow2017:

The question is about babies? Babies

Sir even in the holy book babies are not spared from judgment

We all suffer the consequences of the sin of our father Adam

Unless the wages of sin is no longer to perish, babies do not escape the need for jesus
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by JanSnow: 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
akinademayowa:
The question of whether babies and Young children will go to heaven or hell, let me answer it with a related instance in the Bible, that of Jacob and Esau in Romans 9. When it was recorded that God said "Jacob I love and Esau I hate". Many people have tried to rationalize answers to this statement, and while they do that, they have ignored the most important reason behind the statement.
Romans 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that callethwink 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Look at vs 11... it says both Esau and Jacob had neither done anything good or bad when God made that statement. God didn't love Jacob because Jacob had done anything good and pleasing to God. Also, Esau hadn't done anything evil yet before God said Esau I hate... but there's something called "election". vs 11 says that the purpose of God according to election might stand. This means that God's decision to love Jacob and hate Esau is totally a personal decision that God made. He said I'll have mercy on whom I'll have mercy, and I'll have compassion on whom I'll have compassion. Normally, everyone is a sinner and deserve to be punished. But God choose some to save, like Jacob, it's all his own decision and no man can question that. So in the same way, like Jacob and Esau who hadn't done anything before God made that statement, I believe children and babies don't need to do anything good or evil, because God already knows those whom he had mercy and compassion on out of all of them. It's his own decision and shouldn't be our own headache. Thank you

You are right. Mercy is totally up to God to give
But in the new dispensation, Jesus is God's merciful gift to all mankind.
That's why I pity unbelievers who play with this mercy

The likes of David, Abraham, Noah, Moses etc all made heaven due to being people who God favored and they didn't lose eternal favour of God.
But God in his gracious wisdom opened a way for all mankind through jesus

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
amakadlite:
am earnestly looking forward to this promise
That, dear, is the wonderful hope the death of Jesus Christ has made possible. All those screaming heaven heaven have lost sight of the fact that God has promised to remove the present human governments and make this whole earth into a paradise. That was why Jesus promised the repentant thief that was hanged along side him, "you will be with me in paradise" Luke 23:43, reconfirming what God had earlier promised at Psalm 37:29 that the righteous will dwell on the earth forever.
It's a wonderful hope, because at that time there will be no more death, sorrow, pain or suffering. God said he will make all things new! Revelation 21:3-6.
The earth is our home, not heaven. God did not create humans with the purpose of living in heaven, Psalm 115:16, Isaiah 45:18. That purpose will soon be realized, for God can never lie.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There. / Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks / Folu Adeboye 72nd Birthday: Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife With Special Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.