Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? (39128 Views)

What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
scriptures01:
" Listen to the words of Christ, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God.
Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance;
the whole need no physician, but they that are sick; wherefore, little children are whole,
for they are not capable of committing sin; wherefore the curse of Adam is taken from
them in me, that it hath no power over them; and the law of circumcision is done away in me."

Babies when they die return back to the presence of God, the atonement covers them.
They need no baptism and they are saved.
Age of accountability is 8 years old. Below 8 years are not capable of committing sin and it
means that when they die they are sinless and through the atonement have the power to return back into the presence of God.

Baptism of babies is an abomination in the sight of God.
Where did you get this idea from?

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Hermes119: 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
Akamon:

Read 1 Corinthians 7:14
The children of the Amalekits were slain because through the actions of their unclean,idolatrous parents, they were also made unclean. if any happen to walk in the ways of God, that single soul holiness and salvation would have saved the entire city.
Go and read the intercession of Abraham for Lots in Sodom and Gomorrah.

So can we also say that babies,infants and little children who die without accepting Christ would inherit the adamic sin and be sent to hell
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Danny504: 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
Anyone that says dat there is no heaven or hell is a very big fool for saying such also babies go to heaven base on d fact that the r innocent n cant give accountability n if any one says other wise is a foolish
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
JanSnow:

You may not know what you are saying. What does the Bible say?

For the wages of sin is death. The devil comes to kill, steal and to destroy
But Jesus is the propitiation for our sins and in John 3:16 only those who believe in him shall have eternal life

It's clear brother. God has given us a choice to either follow him wholeheartedly without question or to allow the devil kill us
The question is about babies? Babies
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by CyberEBOLA(m): 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
Do not be deceived bro. I have concrete evidence of what am telling you. My wife's uncle who died about 5 years ago appeared to my wife in the dream few months back where he's tied with a rope weeping. He eventually succeeded in telling in my wife to pass an important message to his sons concerning his terrible situation in the land of the spirit. We asked questions and we were told by a seer that the said uncle killed some ppl while he was alive hence the punishment he's receiving. No evil will go unrewarded don't be deceived
Your wife has been thinking too much, probably about the murder her uncle commited which she knew about, but likely pretending not to.
She started getting scared and thought about a possible scenerio whereby her uncle is suffering from the crime he commited before his death.
This thinking probably lead the brain into creating a similar scenerio while she slept.

NOTE: Just an assumption.

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by dalass(f): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hermes119:

u can believe whatever u want but sis the universe doesn't owe u an explanation,things happen the way they would happen whether it makes send to us or not,when living things die microorganisms putrify them and that's it irrespective of what u choose to believe

Yeah, right! grin
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2020
ilofy:
The baby goes to heaven - one biblical reference is the experience of King David after the death of the baby he had with Bathsheba "But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.”
II Samuel 12:23 NKJV (you can read the whole chapter )
https://bible.com/bible/114/2sa.12.23.NKJV
But the Bible says that even David has not gone to heaven, read Acts 2:34. And Jesus said that nobody has gone to heaven, John 3:13. So I don't know where you got your ideas from please.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
lakeside79937:
Who has been to Hell or Heaven ? So who can answer that ? Wake up people
The Bible gives a very simple answer to this question that has baffled many here. The answer lies in what God told Adam after Adam had sinned:
"In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of the ground you were taken, for dust you are and to dust you will return. " All babies, like all those who have died, are in the dust - to be resurrected by Jesus when he begins to reign over the earth: John 5:28,29.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by KaptainAfrika: 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2020
Here some issues with this your post:

1. What if the Father is christian and the Mother an unbeliever.

2. The ability to think is resident in the brain, the heart and mind in the bible refers to thinking faculty i.e the thoughts and reasoning process. Autistic people are not able to process what is good and evil because they are not sound in mind (brain, thinking). I understand the error concerning autism, a lot of people don't have experience with such people. Autistic people are helpless without some sort of training and assistance, so they cant even begin to understand what is good and what is evil.
Autism affects the thinking process and has nothing to do with the physical or spiritual heart, and the mind is resident in the brain, if the brain isn't functioning properly, the person can't be said to be of a sound mind.

3. The truth is the bible is not explicitly clear on what will happen to babies and persons with autism, we can only guess but we should be rest assured in Genesis 18 vs 25 “...Shall not the judge of all the earth do right?” . God will judge everyone fairly.

Akamon:

The bible quotation in my write up is not mine, its the word of God. if either of the parents is holy it covers the child(Stillborn, autistic and normal children) otherwise the child is unclean (What happens to the unclean is what remain to be revealed as rhema). But in all its the decision of the parents to cover their children with holiness(Salvation, eternal life ) or uncleanes ( damnation to hell) until they get to a stage of taking their own decisions.

Autistic people has a heart and mind that are not deformed. its their brain and body system that's malfunctioning, so they have the mind to make their decision of accepting Christ after hearing the word of God. Even the deaf also knows God and His son Jesus Christ.

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Acehart: 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
lookingfly:
what about an unbelievers child or an aborted foetus?

All children, whether born to unbelievers or not, are God’s own. Nineveh wasn’t under Abraham’s covenant yet God’s heart was with all the children of that country. In Ezekiel 23, God shows us that all children conceived in the womb are his own even if their parents are unrighteous or unbelievers, as you put it.

An ultrasound shows foetus moving and having feelings - this means they have life and sensibilities - they have a soul - only their bodies are undeveloped. Do you remember when God said to Jeremiah this words?: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you;" This shows that God gives an individual commission before He gives that individual being. So, God declares the ownership of the unborn foetus even before it is formed. I’d like to ask this: if you possess a piece of land which has not been developed for many years, does its undeveloped state invalidate your C of O? If you answer in the affirmative, then God doesn’t lose His ownership of the soul of the aborted foetus.

Also I’d like to quote the prophecy of Zechariah: “The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person”: by the title God declares Himself by, it’s the human spirit that is the life of a being, and it is the source of life to the body. Several verses in the scriptures show that when God interacts with humans, He interacts with the spirit not the body; the foetus, like fully developed humans have spirits, and they will return to God if life is taken from their body.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Sterope(f): 6:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
It is what they say. Islam. A child is sinless until he starts puberty.

LordReed:

How can a baby have any conception of a god when it barely has a conception of its environment?

Besides which religions are you talking about because I have never heard of this before.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
max57:
Well, children are gift from God, the answer is yes and no. Yes, a child that is evil when that child dies, he or she will not be able to enter heaven because he has been corrupted by the evil one,someone will ask how can I child be corrupted,well it can be done spiritual right in the womb and that possible when the parents are not Christian and they don't pray for the baby in the womb ,and such baby will not enter heaven because, heaven is for the righteous once , further more to the answer a baby that is not polluted or a child that cannot tell between good and evil, when such dies,he or she returns back to God.As you may choose to know, they are two destination, heaven and hell,and it's the attributes one acquired here on Earth will determine your destination.
What happens to Jesus' statement at Matthew chapter 5:5, that the meek will inherit the earth? What happens to God's promise that the righteous will inherit the earth forever? Psalm 37:29. What happens to God's statement that He did not create the earth in vain but created it to be inhabited? Isaiah 45:18?
If hell is meant for the wicked, why did Jesus go to hell at death?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
amakadlite:
we came from dust and to dust we all return
Simple. Until the words of Jesus at John 5:28,29.fulfills.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by LordReed(m): 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
Sterope:
It is what they say. Islam. A child is sinless until he starts puberty.

OK, I've just never heard it before.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ifyz0001:
The child cannot go to heaven, because the child has not been baptized. You remember original sin of Adam and Eve is still on everyone. There is another place where such souls go to, which is in the bible but silently mentioned.
Where?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Villain7: 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
SocialJustice:
How about you believe what you want and I do same.

Nigeria with low class poorly educated atheists.
Very low. he just want to feel among..
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Acehart: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
Xavfra:

He doesn't enjoy but he still let's Dem go to hell....

Funny god grin

Even AMADIOHA and Ekwensu aren't so evil

Even Amadioha punishes the wicked and destroys everything the wicked person possesses. I guess you are making a case for the wicked not to be sent to hell.

Many Christians have made the true God have a bad face; this is not meant to be so. “Hell” means “the grave” - this is all men’s destination, wicked or innocent - You and I have that as our final destination in this life.

The “Hell” or “Hell of fire” you have in mind is misunderstood by many people including Christians; and since many people refuse to read, they are led or misled by oral comments and traditions. The “Hell of fire” Christ spoke about was a place that is devoid of the benefits of God; from the report of ‘Lazarus and the rich man‘, it is a place without time, a place of regretful reminisce and without comfort. It is also a place where a wicked person’s heart still remains the same after death - because he has refused to acknowledge God while he was alive, God has left him permanently in the afterlife - it is this state that is referred to as “fire”.

I’ll give you this picture: it is said: “time heals”; where there is no time, that means our disappointments and pains will be as fresh as they have been from the moment we first felt them. I don’t know if a girl has ever broken your heart; if this has happened to you and you never recovered, isn’t that “fire”? But time, a benefit from God, has healed you. God has shown that He will never throw humans into a literal fire, so why do people say he will do such? If you believed them, whose fault is it?

2 Likes

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hermes119:

So are u saying that its possible for someone who didn't encounter Christ to live a life that can be certified as acceptable and worth a ticket to heaven ?

Yes.

But then, even for someone who has encountered Christ, it is still a tough moral bar to scale.

But if you look at the life of Cyrus the Great who was a pagan king, you would realize that even a pagan could find favor in the sight of God. Cyrus was the only foreigner (foreigners were regarded as pagans because they did not worship Yahweh) who was referred to as an "anointed one" or messiah.

Cyrus was not merely chosen by God because he was a Persian king. He was chosen because he had a reputation for being peaceful and tolerant, including allowing people practise whatever religion they wanted. Unlike the other foreigners who hated the Jews, Cyrus allowed them the freedom to worship Yahweh, freed them from captivity and even helped them rebuild the temple.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Hermes119: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Yes.

But then, even for someone who has encountered Christ, it is still a tough moral bar to scale.

But if you look at the life of Cyrus the Great who was a pagan king, you would realize that even a pagan could find favor in the sight of God. Cyrus was the only foreigner (foreigners were regarded as pagans because they did not worship Yahweh) who was referred to as an "anointed one" or messiah.

Cyrus was not merely chosen by God because he was a Persian king. He was chosen because he had a reputation for being peaceful and tolerant, including allowing people practise whatever religion they wanted. Unlike the other foreigners who hated the Jews, Cyrus allowed them the freedom to worship Yahweh, freed them from captivity and even helped them rebuild the temple.

Okay,I have some issues to raise but maybe later
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Roman7(m): 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
Investnow2017:

Since we are born sinners, don't you think that baby is already a sinner even at birth? Your statement above is contradictory. And why will that baby go to heaven? On what basis?

on the basis that he or she hasn't sinned yet n can't make any faith based decisions by themselves....
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Budline1(m): 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
Observer1:
Sorry to burst your bubbles but there's no such thing/place as hell or heaven.

Some people may come back with a new human body though.

Who even knows whether we've all been coming and going(reincarnation) over and over again in different bodies but we don't remember. That explains Deja vu.
You ever feel like you've seen something/somewhere or experience something before but can't really figure out when..

Maybe what we did in the past determines where we are today. Who knows?

Coz I don't understand how babies can go to hell, which kind of wicked God wil judge them like that? Their souls are rather transferred to another bodies, another family, which i'll think as rebirth. A true God should be considerate and not wicked.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 7:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
Roman7:

on the basis that he or she hasn't sinned yet n can't make any faith based decisions by themselves....
The wages sin pays is death. And the Bible says we have all sinned, Romans 5:12. At birth, infact right from conception, we are sinners because of the sin of Adam.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by benji93: 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
I have just been able to measure your level of education. You don't have more than a bachelor's degree, in fact a sub-bachelors certificate is very likely. The point is your argument is not salient. Provision of evidence doesn't work for everything. You are not dong well, man. Perhaps if you have had a better education on what is, you can contact me again. grin.
CyberEBOLA:
Hehehe!
Logically speaking, when you have sufficient proof to backup your claim that heaven and hell exists, contact me. grin
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by phemmyfour: 7:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
Reelafonja:
According to the Bible the yardstick for making heaven is giving your life to Christ. So if a young child dies at a young age and can't confess Jesus as Lord because he/ she can't talk or too young to comprehend.

Will he/she go to heaven.

Bible scholars
A baby doesn't know his right from left. Stop quoting the Bible halfway

Joshua 24:15
"Choose today whom you ll serve" is not for babies

2 Likes

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Paul8344(m): 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
The babies go to hell, any who dies without Jesus goes to hell.

Not to mention we are born sinners.

NAWA OOOO
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
Iceberg3:

"That if thou shalt CONFESS with thine mouth,the Lord Jesus,and believe with thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shall be saved".

It's same message

How is the bolded the same with:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

undecided
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by TheSourcerer: 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
Hahaha! That is true, because without such beliefs, most of them will lose empathy.
fact , ignorance is bliss remember , let them keep been dumb , follow me I'll follow you right back
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
Iceberg3:

Rom 5:12-19

12 "wherefore, as by one man,sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"

Please read till verse 19.
Note 18 and 19 very well.

Donniest22

If I may ask, what is sin? How exactly do you define sin?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by kentzz(f): 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
Those who died will remain in God's memory awaiting resurrection
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by MamaSTAND: 8:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
Where in the bible is it wriťten that children below 7yrs at death goes to heaven?

Eccl 9 : 5,6 & 10 says it all. Both children and adult at death goes to the grave awaiting Resurrection as clearly stated by apostle paul at Acts 24: 15.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Donniest22(m): 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
TripleOh7:

If I may ask, what is sin? How exactly do you define sin?
Sin is deviation from the creator through words or actions that are not in relation with the doctrine and principle which goes contrary to the teachings and belief.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by lookingfly: 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
Acehart:

All children, whether born to unbelievers or not, are God’s own. Nineveh wasn’t under Abraham’s covenant yet God’s heart was with all the children of that country. In Ezekiel 23, God shows us that all children conceived in the womb are his own even if their parents are unrighteous or unbelievers, as you put it.

An ultrasound shows foetus moving and having feelings - this means they have life and sensibilities - they have a soul - only their bodies are undeveloped. Do you remember when God said to Jeremiah this words?: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you;" This shows that God gives an individual commission before He gives that individual being. So, God declares the ownership of the unborn foetus even before it is formed. I’d like to ask this: if you possess a piece of land which has not been developed for many years, does its undeveloped state invalidate your C of O? If you answer in the affirmative, then God doesn’t lose His ownership of the soul of the aborted foetus.

Also I’d like to quote the prophecy of Zechariah: “The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person”: by the title God declares Himself by, it’s the human spirit that is the life of a being, and it is the source of life to the body. Several verses in the scriptures show that when God interacts with humans, He interacts with the spirit not the body; the foetus, like fully developed humans have spirits, and they will return to God if life is taken from their body.

so you're in other words saying a child or foetus dead has no judgement irrespective of he's parents wether believers or not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There. / Living Faith Church Wukari, Taraba State Building Collapsed! / Is There Really Life After Death?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.