Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape (51014 Views)

"I Will Rape You" - Man To Electricity Official Who Cut His Wire, Strips Unclad / Abuja Man, Zeal To Stella MissyAyom: "We Had Sex 3 Times, I Didn't Rape You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by ibkayee(f): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
hammer3:

A child would be considered rape regardless of whether they are male or female.

It is called statutory rape.

The offender a paedophile.
Ok let’s try again, what if your son is over the age of consent?

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Kizzygentle: 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Princedapace:

quit the marriage. There is nothing like rape in marriage. If u cant take it, walk away. At least walking away is easy.

Once u are married, u body as a man belongs to ur wife sexually and that of ur wife belongs to u sexually. U two arent to deny each other sexual pleasure.

There are times as a man you would come home tired and drained. When your wife asks you for sex and you refuse her. What do u say about that? There are times you just don't need sex dosent mean u are not entitled to sex at all times. But at least respect your partners choice. You don't have to force sex. Understanding is key to a successful marriage. You just don't force things. It's never right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by ABSTRUSE: 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
lalasticlala:
"....but If it is your husband, wetin you go there go do...?" - Anita Joseph

Curvy actress, Anita Joseph-Olagunju and her younger husband, MC Fish have sparked controversy after their video talking about marital rape went viral.

Anita Joseph shared the controversial video on her Instagram Page, where she and her husband discussed the sensitive subject.

She said a friend of hers told her that she was raped by her husband and she wants to report him to the police or other agencies that handle such matters. She wanted to seek Anita's opinion and advice.

Anita Joseph's response suggests that there is nothing like 'marital rape' or rape in marriage.

This has sparked outrage online as many are dragging the couple on social media while others are supporting the actress.

Watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DvQqzXzC1A

But what if the woman is tired or not in the mood for sex and the husband forces himself on her by taking it by force?

Forget all the analysis you hear from people. The only reason sexual intercourse between a couple without the consent of either isn't rape is cos the law says so.
Rape is purely a legal issue. Anything out of the law is simply off point.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by hammer3: 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
ibkayee:

Ok let’s try again, what if your son is over the age of consent?

If they are matured and within the age of consent and male.

It falls to the non-fatal offences, u cannot win this one. cheesy
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by meobizy(f): 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
> Insert stupid comment here <
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by VenumX: 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
I can just imagine the kind of 1mbeciles this ratchet fish head will birth.

Disgusting sight to behold.

As for the animals applauding her, don't worry...you will soon know how it feels like.

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Meto1234(m): 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
[quote author=Poloyanabo2 post=90663984]Hmmm
i won& blame her sha, she looks like a product of marital rape.

U SURE
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by ibkayee(f): 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
hammer3:

If they are matured and within the age of consent and male.

It falls to the non-fatal offences, u cannot win this one. cheesy
Again, not what I’m asking. Would you personally brush it off and say it isn’t rape?

Would you tell your son that?

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by doggedfighter(f): 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Isaacvin:

Which one is disagreed sex again Oga pls enlighten me

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Everyday new name
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by hammer3: 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
ibkayee:

Again, not what I’m asking. Would you personally brush it off and say it isn’t rape?

Would you tell your son that?

By a woman right?

How can a woman rape a young man? cheesy
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by HazzanTazzan(m): 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
MoodyQueen:

Isn't absurd. Tell me, how is it not rape when a man forces himself on his spouse and have his way with her despite all her cries, struggles and plead against having sex? She didn't consent!

How is it different from other rape crimes?
How is it absurd? How!!!!

Its not rape... If he lays his hand on her, a crime of domestic violence is commited but trying to have his way by force is a secondary crime cos the wife has committed a primary crime in the first place by turning down his husband as against what they agreed during vows exchange

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by ibkayee(f): 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
hammer3:

By a woman right?

How can a woman rape a young man? cheesy
Knew you’d say this, they can but I cba to debate over it with you. Ok, what if he were raped by a guy?

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
Anita is right. But...

There is marital rape oohh

If you wife or husband has sex with you while you are sleeping, it's a rape.

Or it can be called surprise sex.
If you kiss your wife and caress her buttocks while she sleeps does it mean you sexually assaulted or harrassed her.

Do feel violated when your wife wakes you with bj or by riding your di*k?

I guess the sex whilst asleep will depend on relationship and your sex life with. If she loves sex and never gets enough, nacking her in her sleep is surprise sex.

It is obvious Anita Joseph is speaking from her own perspective. She is probably always Hot and cannot reject having sex under any circumstances so a woman like her can never find herself in a situation where her husband feels he needs to use force; so she
cannot imagine that rape can happen within a marriage.
In an ideal world no married woman would ever reject her husband so the issue of rape cannot arise.

We dont live in an ideal world some married women have valid reasons for refusing and others use denying sex as a means of manipulation. In either case the husband has no right to use force that is rape anywhere you look at it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by IVORY2009(m): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Everday rape rape, I am tired of this issue................................
Irunbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Darthvader93: 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
God knows I cannot marry a Nigerian woman. You people are hypocrites. Jesu!

There's one idiot here promising me nonstop sex, all she wants desperately is that I put a ring on it. I no gree, she vex commot my house only to be calling twice everyday under the pretext of checking on me.

If you marry a Nigerian woman with the hope of free legal sex, after all you pay for am. You will be sorely disappointed.

The thing you paid money on her head for as wedding rites, even to her family join will wake up and accuse you of rape for demanding your marital rights.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by hammer3: 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
ibkayee:

Knew you’d say this, they can but I cba to debate over it with you. Ok, what if he were raped by a guy?

This is y people hate gays.

If not for them, we will not be discusiing something as absurd as this. grin

Honestly, I think rape will apply but the court will be reluctant to do so in the case of a woman.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Darthvader93: 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
GenBuhari:
Or it can be called surprise sex.
If you kiss your wife and caress her buttocks while she sleeps does it mean you sexually assaulted or harrassed her.

I guess the sex whilst asleep will depend on relationship and your sex life with. If she loves sex and never gets enough, nacking her in her sleep is surprise sex.
It is obvious she is speaking from her own perspective. She is always Hot and cannot reject having sex under any circumstances so a woman like her can never find herself in a situation where her husband feels he needs to use force; so she
cannot imagine that rape can happen within a marriage.
In an ideal world no married woman would ever reject her husband so the issue of rape cannot arise.
We dont live in an ideal world some married women have valid reasons for refusing and others use denying sex as a means of manipulation. In either case the husband has no right to use force that is rape anywhere you look at it.

That na scam.

If she is not giving it you. Be rest assured that someone else is banging it hard. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by ibkayee(f): 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
hammer3:

This is y people hate gays.

If not for them, we will not be discusiing something as absurd as this. grin

Honestly, I think rape will apply but the court will be reluctant to do so in the case of a woman.
Lmao I’m done with you mate. Good day

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by shedomains: 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Openbusiness:
There's no rape in marriage. Getting married to the man is the CONSENT, a permanent consent! If you don't want to have sex with him again, then get a divorce
hmmmm you really saw a lot of damage from your pop to your mum i guess,so getting a thing from some one forcefully to you is normal,really sad.our parents didnt do a good job on most of us,how sad.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by sowilli: 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
MoodyQueen:
Marriage isn't consent.
This old woman should stop promoting evil.
then what is marriage. If a man stops providing for the family because he is tired of not in the mood to work, what will you do? Shout on him. Love making is one of the responsibilities and sacrifices as it were we make in marriage. Even when you don’t feel like, see it as a sacrifice. Your husband if sensitive will understand. You don’t have to make it look you are doing your husband or wife a favor by making love to him.

2 Likes

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by neonly: 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
realokopi:
How can a wife say her husband raped her?? ... That is nonsense!!!

And when d men starts avoiding marriage they will be d first to start complaining
Confuse folks
Most people shouting on dis topic are u all underage I can bet u

2 Likes

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by SATANworshipsME: 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
this is the only time this olosho has made so much sense. increse the volume anita. increase it

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Poloyanabo2(m): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
MrPaul2:

Can you hear yourself talk? Is there anything like marital rape in any other the laws in Nigeria? That's what you should ask yourself instead of insulting people without proper look at the the subject matter. Though it exist, but its not a civil or criminal case in Nigeria.
Thank God you agreed that it exists, am not talking about law, am talking about the existence of marital rape as a form of domestic violence.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Necksonnel: 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
Alot of hypocrites and fools here. There's nothing like marital rape in Nigeria. Your husband can't rape. Many of these boys here condemning her, have one way or the other have sex with their Gf or Wife when they are not in the mood. They will still be saying rubbish. Having sex with your wife when she's not in the mood is not classify as rape
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
ajbf:

Yes and it is punishment able by life imprisonment in Nigeria.
Rape is not by a part of man's body or tools alone, fellow female or man can forcefully insert wood, metal rod, hands, fingers etc such is a rape.

We are debating about rape in heterosexual marriage. Do stick to the context of the topic.

Anyway, rape isn't an emotional crime.

I suggest you look up that definition first!

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by bloomstar: 7:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
dangotesmummy:
broda wey mumu

Imagine at Anita's age she doesn't know marital rape is also rape with that her puppet husband.smh

you are the only fool wey quote me. no wonder your name.

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Iziq(m): 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
tayebest:
I'm not surprised, olosho doesn't know what rape is.

Seeing a dangling dickk is enough for consent.

Nonsense... angry
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

Its not rape... If he lays his hand on her, a crime of domestic violence is commited but trying to have his way by force is a secondary crime cos the wife has committed a primary crime in the first place by turning down his husband as against what they agreed during vows exchange

Look, you're trying so hard to twist and justify what you've already acknowledge as a crime.

Sex is not a duty in marriage.

If you say it's a duty, that means she has no right or control over her body. It means her free will is taken.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by legionISproteus: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
There is nothing like marital rape

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by idmoore(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
The remedy to the Marital rape issue to marry 2 wives.
I wonder that our fathers dont have issues of Marital, so why now.
No, it won't work. 2 wives is the best, it is African and it remains the best.
All this one wife palaver will land you in problem.

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Thegamingorca(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
Wellllllll if you spin the story around as a stud and claim you have a rape fetish for your wife. You might get away with it. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Woman Who Is Accused Of Fraud At Union Bank In Abuja Is Also A Pastor(photo) / Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Photos: I Regret Slashing My Girlfriend’s Neck With Razor Blade – Lagos Barber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.