Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92068 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by cooooooks(m): 9:53am On Jun 16, 2020
This is very true. Many women warn their families to avoid putting their husbands through stress.

Families that have sense do this instinctively anyways.

Nma3595:
Babes ooooooo hmmmmm am a woman like you, I wedded last august and this your story eeeeh, first why will you allow your family to milk the man you love? I told my father that if you dont treat this man well, you will never see me again........forget me as your daughter.

You are not working? No business? in this 21st century......sis you better have a rethink.... do you think that its easy to feed someone? pay rent, buy clothes, do everything in the house, DO YOU WANT TO KILL HIM? then you will marry another man.....

Why will your hubby contribute to your brothers marriage? pls what did your brother do when your parents gave him the list of 680k? he did not talk because he has a cut there abi?

How did you even keep your mouth when you were telling him what your family discussed?

See there are things i dont even allow my hubby to hear from my people...i kill the talk first first with my parents...why should i kill him and become a widow......... you better sit up and look for something doing. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Marcus247(m): 9:56am On Jun 16, 2020
Why will they bill him 120k for your brothe's wedding? When he paid for your how many people contributed for him?? please be reasonable and apologize to him! Sending money to your parents should come from him willingly and not forcefully....
Jeffrey12:
Nairalanders, What's your take on this?
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

https://twitter.com/SmartAtuadi/status/1272275117280759810?s=19
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by yassjib: 9:59am On Jun 16, 2020
when you and your parents forced and sold your dignity to him at the rate of 580k and you expect him to contribute to your brothers wedding.. hmm my sister just leave him alone and deduct 50k from the 580k he gave you and your parents as part of his own contribution. RUBBISH
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by KomonSense: 9:59am On Jun 16, 2020
DominusPrime:
Before I say anything when your husband wanted to get married which of your own brothers contributed to the wedding? Now your own brother, a full grown man like your husband wants to get married and they want to bill him another 120k? A man who is managing 70k salary? Anyway I blame your husband. You are earning 70k per month and you went to marry from a poor family. Their demands will definitely be higher than you can afford. Like I always say poverty dey kill love!!! It is better to cut your coat according to your cloth than deceive yourself to marry with poverty hugging you because you are in love. Sheybe the love dey help una foot una bills nah? Even if the wife gets a job things will never be the same. Even if the man gets a higher well paid job they will either hate him for the previous way he treated them or milk him more as money don come...

Meanwhile if you are looking for an investment do reach me via my signature. I am not collecting a dime from anyone or asking for any subscription fee or whatever people charge on Nairaland for one service or opportunity. I am simply sharing a wonderful opportunity. You can check out the thread I opened on it too.

I am interested .... I want invest too
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Simeonuche(m): 10:03am On Jun 16, 2020
There is nothing indaboski will not see in the hands of pernelbitter what the heck how is it the responsibility of your hubby to contribute to the trade of your brother is never a tradition did your brother contributed when he was paying yours leave the young man alone please what nonsense
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by kikelomojessy(f): 10:13am On Jun 16, 2020
I'm angry at this type of nonsense that some wives would just out up and still want to be justified.

Your husband paid your BP and you know how he struggled to get the money which you didn't assist him and Ur parents collected a high BP from him you didn't fight well enuf for your husband, if not your father would have reduced it. Now you want him to contribute to your brother's wedding? Pls did he force your brother to get married? Why would your dad share wedding wahala to him? Why are so insensitive.

Your dad should have sent that bill to you and not your husband.

You better go and look for work and make sure you start appealling to the better nature of your husband and stop all this 'who is right and wrong' game.

Pls get a job and take care of your parent too.

Your brother is not your hussy responsibility.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by themanderon: 10:14am On Jun 16, 2020
Africans with their entitlement mentality. The man can help If he wants to but it's not a must. Has your father ever thought to ask the man how he has been surviving on seventy K after fleecing him of 580k just a few months earlier! Yet he is still busy allocating more money for him to pay.
If that man pays then he will continue to pay His share of any financial burden that comes the lady's family's way.
The young Lady herself is not wise. She better not allow her family's greed ruin her marriage.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by kleverley(m): 10:15am On Jun 16, 2020
I hope this isn't one of those Twitter tales though.
If it's not, how do you The wife reason? Sending money to your parents monthly is a choice and not even a responsibility,how could you have come up with such an idea at first.

Now back to the other case,120k is almost your own husband's salary for 2months how can you people say he should give 120k out Like that? Was it really a standing agreement he signed while getting married to you that if any of his brother in-laws wanna marry he must contribute immensely?
This also,is a matter of choice too,did any of your brothers contribute to the 580k he paid on your behalf?

Sister go and apologise to your husband for calling him irresponsible
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by yassjib: 10:18am On Jun 16, 2020
Even telling your husband that he is not responsible to his face.. this girl you get mind ooo. you no the shame and respect your husband after frustrated this man collected all his savings from his 70K salary oh nooo, gal you no try because I the vex like this. Anyway I will advice you to go on your kneels apologize to him for the insult first. then back then for the 580K forcefully collected from him. beg and cry to his face that's my candid advice. just don't wait for him to come because it wouldn't work good luck
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by tunary(m): 10:23am On Jun 16, 2020
cooooooks:
This is very true. Many women earn their families to avoid putting their husbands through stress.

Families that have sense do this instinctively anyways.

That is why this story is a suspicious story, it doesn't look genuine. I doubt this story
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by cooooooks(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2020
It is a plausible story. Not all people are the same (or with sense).

Even in my family, my uncle spent many months working nonstop to save for his wife's bride price.

tunary:
That is why this story is a suspicious story, it doesn't look genuine. I doubt this story
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by tunary(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2020
Your salary is for your future use and not for solving problems.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Akada1(m): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2020
Mehn ,some family get mind sha ooo,woman where are you from ,do you hate your husband this much ,for 70k salary ,not even a rich man sef,haba why na
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Aringon(m): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2020
Your papa nor sabi bodi QED

Jeffrey12:
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Inspectahdeck(m): 10:52am On Jun 16, 2020
A big thank you for your submission.

The level of entitlement from her and family is very loud.

She better get a job or business so as to take care of her family.

Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by johnisaola(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2020
your family are Bunch of fools
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by stasius: 11:17am On Jun 16, 2020
Your husband is marrying you and not your brother.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 16, 2020
Jeffrey12:

Theres no place in Nigeria where bride price costs 585,000.

Fake stories
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Darlingboy4sure(m): 11:27am On Jun 16, 2020
Hmm. Why call a man irresponsible for someone else's responsibility

When he married u, how much was contributed by ur said brother(s) to aid him Or what effort was made to reduce such huge amount of bride price

After paying such amount with an average salary, u still expect him to support the family. It's a fundamental error.

To me, he is not obliged to d family in any way whatsoever. He can do what he pleases, by begging.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by michaelibeh2: 11:30am On Jun 16, 2020
DominusPrime:
Before I say anything when your husband wanted to get married which of your own brothers contributed to the wedding? Now your own brother, a full grown man like your husband wants to get married and they want to bill him another 120k? A man who is managing 70k salary? Anyway I blame your husband. You are earning 70k per month and you went to marry from a poor family. Their demands will definitely be higher than you can afford. Like I always say poverty dey kill love!!! It is better to cut your coat according to your cloth than deceive yourself to marry with poverty hugging you because you are in love. Sheybe the love dey help una foot una bills nah? Even if the wife gets a job things will never be the same. Even if the man gets a higher well paid job they will either hate him for the previous way he treated them or milk him more as money don come...

Meanwhile if you are looking for an investment do reach me via my signature. I am not collecting a dime from anyone or asking for any subscription fee or whatever people charge on Nairaland for one service or opportunity. I am simply sharing a wonderful opportunity. You can check out the thread I opened on it too.

What's the investment all about
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Tonitoniton(m): 11:48am On Jun 16, 2020
u are not wise for allowing ur family demand to break up ur marriage. u are supposed to protect and defend ur husband from ur people cos he is ur family now. u are to build with him and not tear down. u better go and make up with ur husband and stop acting like a child. i always tell u married ladies to go to ur pastor, counsellor or married people u admire as role model for counselling and not social media, but, una no go hear
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Phemmiejay: 11:54am On Jun 16, 2020
It shows that you don't have pity on your husband since your family has refused to reduce your pride price then because of greed, now you want him tone contributing to your family's out of the token he earns monthly. Don't be a burden to your husband for you to enjoy the connubial bliss
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 16, 2020
michaelibeh2:

What's the investment all about
Kindly message me on WhatsApp as I cannot explain here.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 16, 2020
KomonSense:

I am interested .... I want invest too
Feel free to reach me on WhatsApp
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 16, 2020
francis2565:

Your signature or no is not showing
It's there. People have been reaching me on it since yesterday
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by butterfly777(m): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2020
This will show you practical solutions to your challenges.
https://soundcloud.com/user-642379864/what-really-is-salvation-aac?ref=clipboard
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by lucasalves: 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
Jeffrey12:

This right here is why I will never marry a naija girl
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Iheanyi30(m): 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
When I got married my in-laws didn't contribute toward my marriage rite. Pls is wrong to even ask or by Billing him 120k.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by lesson44: 12:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
The story sounds like it was made up. It Makes no sense, something is not adding up. He couldn't be on a 70k monthly salary and she is expecting him to grant all these demands.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by newdawn2017(f): 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
xxxtedyxxx:
don't ever take twitter posts serious.

most are written for cheap clout.
cheap clouts ke? shocked it's like u don't know what 90% of African families re like here. They don't encourage brotherhood nor kinsmanship in it's True sense of it. It's full of toxic BS, Narcissism no love for, genuine care, commitment for one another, d Narcissistic father, mother & grand parents at d hem of d affairs employ d divide & conquer tactics to maintain unhealthy & ulterior control of members, recruit flying monkeys who close their eyes & ears to d suffering & pains of d victims thus enabling d abusive parents & or sibling against d empathetic & innocent victims of d family. It's terrible, d members of d family re thought competition, pitted against each other envious, undermines one another's archievements & always show d dubious concern of a shark, would rather be nice & caring to outsiders than to themselves as blood relatives. Most of us victims seeing these things for what they really re clearly. We re taking a stand to break such generational circle of toxicity today.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ledaman: 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
This is the kind of family that would lead someone to Lawrence Anini's way! Imaging paying 580k for marriage list then after some few months they have the audacity to ask the struggling dude to contribute 120k for a lazy brother In-law's wedding,how will he performed the magic with 70k monthly ? And the stupid spouse contribute pussy only. Am 100% sure the guy he still servicing his debt thunder fire them family of the woman!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.