Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,220 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It (41319 Views)

Victoria Inyama Estranged Husband, Godwin Okrim Always Béàts Her Whenever Man-un / Anita Ofili: I Waited 10 Years To Kill Friend Who Snatched My Boyfriend — Pic / Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by biggy26: 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kizzygentle:

Dosent matter if am married or not. State your point.
You too like gist...loool!
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by Budline1(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tbh in an unbiased view, everyone's sexual urges can not be the same, and yes we all have our moods for sex. Even many of us men don't want sex all the damn time, unless u are a sex addict... I blv the same applies to d ladies. When the husband force himself on his wife, or a wife forces herself on her husband, I don't know what to call that but obviously not cool. That is why everyone needs to understand their spouses' body..maybe she's stressed and not just in the mood, it's normal. How about just fore-play, u could both opt for just sweet kisses, smooches and oral, a good wife should be fine with this, no need for penetration all d time. She's not a sex machine.. She's your wife, she's not running away, you're stil going to have it. When her rejection becomes too frequent is when a man needs to be worried, that means she's probably cheating on u or something is wrong with her medically.
Sex is best enjoyed when both partners are in the mood for it. My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by AnanseK(m): 6:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
Marriage Vows, Bride Price, Marriage Certificate, Wedding Ring and all the ceremonies.

I think these are the consent for sex with a woman as long as you remain married.
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by NiCurious: 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
EzzyCarter:

See someone's reasoning grin.
Those days when you get home from work and you ain't in the mood for sex I guess you wouldn't have an issue if your madam goes to the guy next door to "get it". Afterall, it's not on your wife, It's on you! And it's not cheating!
Keep that same energy bruv!
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by 12inchess: 6:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
The day you signed that marriage certificate, you signed away your consent. Go figure. Many people still don't understand marriage is a legal contract. You're agreeing under law to share your property, you're agreeing to share your body. You're agreeing under law to make that person happy. You're agreeing to so many other things. Any breach of contract and the other partner can sue you for a breach of contract with damages.
That is why a wife will often sue are in laws even if she was not included in her husband's will and the court will award her a huge portion of the man's property disregarding what the man wrote in his will as long as they were married as at the time the man died.

The marriage contract is one of the strongest contracts that man has ever known even from time. It will even give you and your kids automatic citizenship in a country that your ancestors were never from. And if you think I'm lying, ask Jeff Bezos's wife who was able to obtain a huge portion of his fortune when they divorced.

Maybe if people think more about the contract part of marriage, they will think deeply before taking the step.

If you want to talk about domestic violence then that is a separate issue.
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by OriOko88(m): 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
exposition:
Sometimes when my wife is asleep I go take style suck breast suck breast sotay she go still behave like she dey sleep and I go now take style shift pant! She go now behave like say she know no but she know!
Pls is that one rape?
Lmaoo cheesy cheesy cheesy. Why you no tell her before shifting pant na grin
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by FullBlastLight: 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
Discombobulated folks!

There's nothing called marital rape!

It's has no locus standi in any competent law court here!

If spouses hv issues, they shld resolutely & amicably handle it, not 4 both genders 2 start recriminating each other of rape!

Mtcheww...
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by mamatwiny(f): 7:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
Victoria Inyama is to Instagram what Slawormir is to nairaland. She forgets she is/was a celebrity and must comment on every post.
My advise to her is to open another account with hidden identity where she can freely express herself.

Back to the topic,she is right that marital rape exists. I have seen and witnessed one. I used to have a neighbor that was a seamstress but her hubby was unemployed and has high libido. She will come back in the evening stressed to the bones but the guy must do. Their case just tire the entire neighbourhood.
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by ade2291(m): 7:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
Joycekkh:
Some ladies actually dont have a single atom of shame left in them, Victoria should have at least protect the little image her husband has.

Wow, so surprised this is coming from a lady. Her claims was way too awful and disgraceful. Imagine labelling her husband a rapist in public, maybe she isn't seeing things from this angle though.
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by slysteel: 7:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
supremenews:
Marital rape exists, I have experienced it- Victoria Inyama counters Anita Joseph (video)

Nollywood actress, Victoria Inyama, has countered the opinion of her colleague, Anita Joseph, who over the weekend faulted statement made by some married women that their husbands raped them when they weren't in the mood for sex.

Anita in a video made with her husband argued that a woman cannot claim her husband raped her if he had sex with her when she wasn't in the mood. She opined that the body of a woman is the food of her husband and should be made available whenever he needs to feed on it.

Reacting to Anita's video, Victoria said there indeed is a thing called Marital rape and that many married women have experienced and are still experiencing it. She said sex even in marriage should be with consent. She argued that forcefully having sex with a spouse is another act of domestic violence.

She said she has experienced marital rape and that it leaves so many women damaged.

Can a husband rape? Yes a husband can rape his spouse. It depends. Let me define it. Marital rape or spousal rape is the act of sexual intercourse with ones spouse without the spouse's consent. The lack of consent is essential here because it does not need to involve physical violence. Marital rape is a form of domestic violence and sexual abuse.

Husbands can rape wife. I do not know about wife raping a husband. The most important thing is consent is needed. A lot of women constantly raped in their marriage. They are so ashamed to even talk about it. I have experienced it and I am learning about it. The trauma and the damage it causes is beyond your understanding'' she said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ-M6n6t_a4

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBbLFb0AYyM/?igshid=11mxt0zzhj0km
Ignorance is a big problem amongst Nigerians,Marital rape is law and not an action,marital rape law was created in the US based on the case of Kirchberg v. Feenstra, 450 U.S. 455 (1981) and only countries that have similar laws can marital rape be regarded as a crime and Nigeria doesn't have such a law so all these woke people in Nigeria preaching marital rape should please shut up their mouths and first go advocate for such a law to be enacted.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by Softhands(m): 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
HITsquad:
Men, Don't rape your wife, if she denies you sex, go outside and get it... Its not on you, it's on her! And it's not cheating!
Mad o!
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
There is nothing like marital rape. Once you are married, your body as a man or woman belongs to your spouse.

Besides, if having sex with your wife without her consent is rape, then spending your husbands money without his consent should be treated as robbery

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by bezimo(m): 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
mindtricks:

That is what a typical untrained Nigerian police will do. But those well informed know the possibilities and will do better than that.

Do better as guided by.......the law I pressume. Does the law recognize marital rape? If no.so what are you now saying?
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by GraGra247(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
EzzyCarter:

See someone's reasoning grin.
Those days when you get home from work and you ain't in the mood for sex I guess you wouldn't have an issue if your madam goes to the guy next door to "get it". Afterall, it's not on your wife, It's on you! And it's not cheating!
Keep that same energy bruv!

A billion likes to you. I like when folks can think matters through.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by ddestiny20(m): 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
You are absolutely right I am married and I am very strict if she start claiming rights I always tell her marriage has never been by force so can we divorce.

[

quote author=Deoboss post=90701580]

A man raping a female or vice versa is very bad.

This is my own opinion on marital rape:
It’s an exaggeration from wives as her husband has carnal knowledge of his wife from onset.

Men surfer more in marriages.

Is marriage really worth it? Answer is a capital NO.

All African wives will stop letting their husband sleep with them within time (sure or ask married men this fact).

So if a husband feels like making love to his wife & if she says no and he still goes on to make love to her then it’s called marital rape?

What are the actual conjugal rights of a man in marriage?

Marriage is for companionship, love, procreation & sex. Men don’t enjoy much from marriage at the many rules on lean rights of a husband over his wife.

So why then do men marry? Just to work hard & provide, even the children he trained only remembers & assist their mother (his wife) when they are older & fend for themselves while the man (her husband) who now becomes a retiree enjoys nothing & one day soon he then dies or what else do men enjoy in marriages? [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by tunjilana: 8:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
According to Nigerian law, consent has been given perpetually by both parties when they sign, and can only be withdrawn through legal separation or
Divorce

Now to the point of using force, a man can still be arrested and charged for using force and violently abusing his woman...either to gain sex or not. So assault can be charged. But the sexual act he did in his wife cannot be.

So if there is no provable violence then u have nothing on him.

I see people emotionally jump on rape issues, but the law has a diff view, it will be interpreted legally and most be proven.

Also not all rape is violent rape and the law categorizes it into first degree,second degree and third degree based on the circumstances....Most non violent rape cases/blurry consent cases are lumped into third degree

If a man violently attacks his wife with or without sexual intent, he has to be arrested. But sexual act between man and wife in itself according to Nigerian law is not a crime
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by ibkonekt(m): 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
just don't marry today's women....only use them for baby mama...they have become useless due to drinking the feminist juice

1 Like

Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by Lordswazz(m): 8:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
Deoboss:

A man raping a female or vice versa is very bad.

This is my own opinion on marital rape:
It’s an exaggeration from wives as her husband has carnal knowledge of his wife from onset.

Men surfer more in marriages.

Is marriage really worth it? Answer is a capital NO.

All African wives will stop letting their husband sleep with them within time (sure or ask married men this fact).

So if a husband feels like making love to his wife & if she says no and he still goes on to make love to her then it’s called marital rape?

What are the actual conjugal rights of a man in marriage?

Marriage is for companionship, love, procreation & sex. Men don’t enjoy much from marriage at the many rules on lean rights of a husband over his wife.

So why then do men marry? Just to work hard & provide, even the children he trained only remembers & assist their mother (his wife) when they are older & fend for themselves while the man (her husband) who now becomes a retiree enjoys nothing & one day soon he then dies or what else do men enjoy in marriages?
E dey sweet me as more men are now coming to their senses. Marriage does not favor any man. Women pray for it, they fast, do vigils and cry their eyes out for it because it is a lopsided union that favors them greatly.

The only exception for the woman getting the most benefit is if the husband is physically abusive or doesn't carry out his responsibility as the workhorse of the union. Otherwise, you can't enjoy the children's affection more than her when they're young or grown, and you don't even enjoy as much sex as a guy in his early 20s with a healthy relationship. Sex for most women is more of a manipulative tool in marriage than borne out of pure chemistry.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by Lordswazz(m): 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
nisco18ng:
A wife has given all the consent in the world the day she exchanged vows 'with my body,I'll worship you'.
Besides, after marriage, the two has become one flesh, which makes it impossible to rape yourself. Its like saying I raped myself by masturbating or i need my own consent to masturbate.
Even in the greatest misunderstanding, my wife can't deny me that and vice versa. We can lay like log of wood and act like she isn't feeling anything, but never denial.
Truth is, you're fortunate. Don't think that's how it happens for most marriages. If most men open up to you ehnnnnn...
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by incogni2o: 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Don't be stupid with your yeye sarcasm, marital rape is real, do you know what rape is? Forcibly having sex with anyone or your wife, that means she won't be wet but dry, forcing it in will cause bruises in that area which can also result to bleading in some cases, if the woman then goes to the hospital or police to report him immediately after the evil act, it will be treated as assault which is also a crime, and the evil nonentity will be charged for it,

If you like cheat on your wife because she said no, that's your business.

Find another word for it please. It isn't rape don't abuse the word Rape. A Man CANNOT Rape his WIFE. Even Ned Nwoko cannot rape Regina Daniels but can definitely abuse her, you can even call it sexual abuse.

100% times the instance you mentioned, there is already physical abuse in the marriage before that can happen.

Legal free intimacy is one of the dividends of marriage and let it remain like that, it gives the word Marraige it's real meaning.
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by Penexpress: 10:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
She is frustrated abeg.

]1. She's a victim according to her.

2. Her ex-husband is a rapist according to her (I wonder what Godwin Okri will say about being tagged a rapist by the wife he paid her dowry).

3. Her three children are also fathered by a rapist by implication.

She said all this just to trend or in the spirit of activism. I don't see any man proposing any time soon to such a woman.
NB Here in Africa a man cannot rape his wife.
I don't support rapist in any disguise but we marry to have free sex.[/quote]
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by EASTERNPOL: 11:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
Once a woman begins to sleep another man, she will feel irritated whenever the husband touches her, 85% of women want to have sex with only who they have feelings for., My advice to women is whenever feelings for your husband is down try to go on holidays, by the time you spend one month or more without each other, the feelings will be revived again, the same applies to men as well, I support Anita, once you are under the same house with your husband, you must perform your marital duty.or else you file for divorce don't come here and tell us that somebody who paid your Bride price raped you, is unacceptable especially here in African Soil
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by EASTERNPOL: 11:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
ANITA is a Symbol of what an African WOMAN Should be INYAMA is Forming, imitating western women, let me reserve my comments, if I talk to this INYAMA the way I should, she will bury her self in shame
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by Pelxmiye(m): 12:39am On Jun 16, 2020
placeofallure:
We're all humans and blood flows in our veins. Everything boils to understanding your partner, being friends and enjoying companionship.

If her boss, colleague or client bullies her at work OR in the instance of the loss of a beloved OR when down physically, a woman won't be in the mood. But, when your husband is the first person you tell when any of these happens, he won't even ask to get down with you. He'd know that's not a good time. He's not mad, he won't rape you.

When the excuses become incessant, that's when a man becomes a monster and your kinda 'rape' (which I strongly disapprove) can happen.

Under no guise must a man forcefully get down with a woman, whether married to her or not. It's emotionally demoralising. As enjoyable as sex is, when it is forced, it loses all the flavour.

For your woman to consistently refuse you, there's an underlying problem which the couple should work on and if it's not working, go your separate ways so you can have sex with another person in peace.

All the other women before this post need to hide their faces in shame,look at how a woman analysed the issue logically without being overly emotional, everything shouldn't be about women vs men,male vs female, we were both made for each other,all men aren't animals or dogs,in as much some are ,indeed animals,not all are, and women should spend more time in the friendship and "getting-to-know-each other" stage with their would-be husband,this lady just brought a new angle to this discussion, people should marry their friends,companions and marriages would have less of all these marital battles we are experiencing today and also, women should stop following the social media band wagon,I won't say anything about marital rape....

1 Like

Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by Pelxmiye(m): 12:52am On Jun 16, 2020
blessed2share:
Rape is often associated with physical violence, but can rape still occur if there was no physical violence or any form of struggle between the parties? Can’t the perpetrator use psychological manipulation, power and position among other things to subdue the victim? Examples?

A minor cannot give consent. It doesn’t matter if she didn’t shout or if she came back for more. It is rape. Period.

You may end up having consensual sex with your student (or subordinate in the office) that travelled kilometres or even drove herself all the way to meet you in the hotel room, but you may have coerced the consent. It is rape.

Your house-help or ward sees no other place to turn when you asked for sex. She stands the risk of losing her shelter and maybe more. So, she gives in and even moaned rather than cry or shout for help during the session. It is rape.

She sees you as a man of God and couldn’t believe what you were up to when she knew what you were up to. She was mesmerized by the power you wield around you. She gave in didn’t want to “offend God” and kept quiet because she didn’t want to “ruin your ministry”. It is rape.

Now let’s talk about marriage. It can be safely assumed that sex is expected to occur in marriage between 2 consenting adults. The lines between negotiation, coercion, consent, rough play and role-playing may even get blurry. If the woman is having sex with her husband because the man may withhold monthly allowances, is it rape? If the woman is having sex with her husband because she’s afraid the man may go out for sex, is it rape? If the woman is having sex with her husband because the man is a mafia Don that can do and undo, is it rape? We may debate on the scenarios above. However, one clearly unambiguous case of rape in marriage may be when there is physical assault or violence before or during sexual intercourse. Unfortunately, some folks also swing this way and it becomes difficult to prove that the two parties did not plan for the drama.

Rape in marriage is extremely sensitive and delicate. It is a coin with two sides but with “tails” on both sides for the victim (male or female). On one hand, the responsibility is on the victim to report the first occurrence of rape in marriage, so that subsequent occasions of rape may not be misconstrued by the perpetrator or the system as a normal husband and wife matter. On the other hand, who will believe him/her the first time? They will tell the victim not to allow the devil to use them to scatter their own home.

My conclusion is that "the fact that you have not experienced it does not mean that the people that said they have experienced it are lying".

You're right, it's just that the whole thing has been misconstrued ,I see marriage being replaced very very soon by babymamaism and that won't be a bad thing either,at least then, people would know the value of it and the value of true companionship
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by cardoctor(m): 4:19am On Jun 16, 2020
U need to rewrite the contract.
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by dtrend(m): 5:20am On Jun 16, 2020
Johnsghana:
This lady spews a lot of anti-family and anti-marriage advise and comments on social media. If she failed at her own marriage, it doesnt mean others will. She should look inwards and heal from whatever hurt she is amplifying to the rest of the world. I send light and peace her way.

you are spewing sense ni.....
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by Voltz1987: 7:22am On Jun 16, 2020
This retired ashawo shld leave anita the active in service alone.
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by Sierusvirus(m): 7:56am On Jun 16, 2020
The earlier men starts raising issues on how women force them into sex, the better for them.
- that means when a girl demands for sex from a guy and he turns her down, then the girl will force him by using another tactics saying ‘if he doesn’t accept her sex demands, she will shout RApe and people will deal with him’ (beat or even kill him), that moment he ain’t got any choice than to do it, it’s called RAPE.

Analysis:-
She never used physical gun or used force on him to get the sex but words that a more than gun and physical strength to get the sex. This is serious RAPE but nobody talks about it.

Even married men experience this and they still take it as this is my wife but wife will take it as rape.

Men, never have any single pity on any woman on earth, their plans to make every man a slave(Through mothers) are almost getting to completion and we are here supporting them in all social media when they raise rape cases same with what they execute on men/husbands who doesn’t speak out, instead of attacking them in every aspect in life so the world will see their evil and devilish mindsets.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It by drlateef: 8:10am On Jun 16, 2020
For God sake! What is the shame in having sex with your husband? Any woman that comes out to shout marital rape should be packing her bags and leave marriage. It’s not suited for her. I don’t support forced sexual activity in any situation but to call it rape in marriage is going too far. If you don’t want to be available for sex at anytime, don’t get married.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Men Arrested For Being In Possession Of A Severed Human Head In Abuja / Man Poisons Wife In Jigawa To Inherit Her Wealth / Thief Caught With 85 Master Keys In Ondo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.