Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,980 members, 7,956,662 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:30 PM

Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud (33363 Views)

$1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / The King Of Otuoke Welcomes GEJ Trekker 'oladele John Nihi' / The King Of Home Equity Fraud: Tobechi Onwuhara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by pipz(m): 2:45am On Jan 28, 2011
[color=#990000]I ain't snitching on anybody here O!!! but i swear i must have seen this boy before, 2 years ago i was at the palms and 4 boys just rode in with a Black phantom everybody at the palms where like shocked shocked lipsrsealed. i swear it must have been him i guess, but big ups to him, the guy dey get him HUSTLE on, I'm sure everybody here would have love to be, 'TOBE'

Nothing do you, ko ni re' ooo!!!
[/color]
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by shotster50(m): 2:46am On Jan 28, 2011
@ Namfav
At least you are not obnoxious like so many other people - you are obnoxious in a different and worse way!
Look at you sitting on a moral high ground generalising on a whole tribe. You are no better.
He is fraudster and you are a bigoted racist,
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by DonDiara(m): 3:05am On Jan 28, 2011
Thumbs up for TOBE, Americans feels like they are the best and no one can break them, we need more people like TOBE. We need to show them that we are better than them. Remember the slave trade days, those bastards showed NO mercy on our fathers we need to avenge that. One love.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by SEFAGO(m): 3:17am On Jan 28, 2011
^ yeah right Americans were the one who did the slave trade undecided
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by fstranger1: 3:19am On Jan 28, 2011
^^^^

So who did it genius?
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by SEFAGO(m): 3:24am On Jan 28, 2011
Europeans- The Portuguese, the british, the spanish, then these slaves were sold in American colonies

big difference
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Diligence: 7:46am On Jan 28, 2011
Such a genius!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by chamber2(m): 8:30am On Jan 28, 2011
I trust Nigerians to always put up this holier than thou crap as attitude. Ranting and wailing about how much 'crime' this LEGEND of a guy committed; but if you check their fathers' small wealth very well, a substantial part came from cutting corners and deals here and there, kickbacks, inflated contracts, profiteering, criminal nepotism, and so on - regardless of whether they worked in a government agency/ministry, or in a bank, construction firm, private business, wherever. And now the offsprings of these hypocrites have gone to school (probably abroad) with their parents' illegally earned wealth and now have big mouths to condemn others' so-called 'crimes' here on NL and elsewhere. SMH.

I have a hard time being a hypocrite in such matters. Show me a so-called successful man or wealthy man in this country of God forsaken hypocrites and I'll show you a terribly corrupt fool whose exploits haven't yet been uncovered, and who as such deems himself to have earned(?) his money through 'dint of hard work'. I bet the likes of Erastus Akingbola and Cecelia Ibru and their brainless, spoilt, Ivy-league educated children would have been the first to denounce Tobechi and other 'fraudsters' as 'never do well' criminals that give Nigerians a bad name. Imagine the konkonbility (apologies to Chiwetalu Agu).

In any case I have never really considered 'yahoo yahoo' and scams like Tobechi's to be egregiously bad; so long as no blood is spilled and no physical tortue is visited upon anyone, I cudn't be bordered. I remember how violent cultism reduced drastically in my school and many schools in naija at the peak of 'yahoo-ism' as the bad boys learnt to channel their raw energies towards making money online and doing 'big boys' in school rather than look for who to kill, maim, despoil, and traumatize. I remember being grateful for that kind of 'positive' effect the 'yahoo yahoo' craze brought about.

Let us take care of the countless murderers, ritualists, occultists, embezzlers, and other such characters that dot our socio-political and economic landscape before bordering our heads with small 'yahoo yahoo' boys who prefer to use their brains (rightly or wrongly) than resort to armed robbery which is infinitely worse for the rest of society. Any oyinbo that is FOOLISH enough to fall for scammers fantastic antics should privately lick his wounds, rue his gullibility, and hope the authorities nab the culprit and recover his money, rather than raise hell about how scammers are the worst category of evil people in the world. In Tobechi's case, it was the banks that were FOOLISH enough to allow loop-holes which he and his crew impressively exploited, and that's why the banks have to reimburse the 'victims' to the last penny.

I'll be the last to condemn Tobechi, heck, I commend his (admittedly infamous) ingenuity! If the violent blood-gangs of the mafia and drug-mobs have been serially idolized in popular culture and movies time and time again, across the world, why would any fool single out Tobechi and his 'innocuous' felonies for hypocritical excoriation of the highest order? Even the Americans themselves that were scammed and the FBI that busted his crew are awed by his ingenuity. But trust Nigerians to be full of hypocritical fury at the drop of a hat.

I would never ever put scammers like Tobechi and the other yahoo boys in the same league as murderers, armed robbers, ritualists, violent criminals and the likes. You better be careful what you wish for; wait until you endure the trauma of being visited by armed robbers: your sister (or wife) violated by 4 gang members in your presence, your dad shot dead, and your two legs shattered with bullets (God forbids!) before you know that it is not the same thing as stupidly falling for one scammer's fantastic schemes. Violent crimes are the ultimate crimes, and I'll happily choose to experience non-violent crimes rather than violent ones if either were inevitable. As an aside, if the US government was given the option of immediately releasing Bernard Madoff from jail (despite his $50b ponzi scheme) in exchange for capturing Bin Laden, don't you think it'll be a no-brainer?

Life is one big battle of wits, everyone is trying to outsmart the other in one way or another everyday; scammers only take this template a notch higher. Anyone that has the misfortune (whether through his own stupidity and gullible greed or through systemic loop-holes like the Tobechi 'victims') should just hope the law catches up with the culprit(s), rather than wishing to have been stabbed in the chest and clubbed to death instead (people should really be careful what they wish for). Of course every crime or misdemeanour has its penalty, and anyone caught commiting any crime should face the due penalty. But that does not mean that one shouldn't recognize the 'opportunity cost' as it were between non-violent scams on one hand, and violent crimes that leave behind imprimaturs of sorrow, tears, blood and death.

This is the conclution
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by kikuyu1(m): 8:47am On Jan 28, 2011
Tobe's no fool ,thats for sure. However you look at it ,he'll pay for his crimes-her on earth,one way or the other cause thats the way the world works. You're not exactly correct when you say there are no victims:Any naijjaboy seen within 100m of any financial institution is now automatically a suspect. The hundreds of thousands of hardworking Africans in America will be denied credit (the lifeblood of the US) until and unless they prove they're not Nigerian.
So while he sits pretty for now,others will pay;its a pity it will be those who happen to share his skin colour.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by hustla(m): 8:50am On Jan 28, 2011
This guy na ma scammer mentor, hes like robinhood to moi! read errthing bout him mayn,a report actuali says his pops too was in the bness from way back buh he stopped and diverted the money into business, wot hes doing isnt new,jus that some people are more underground than he is, simple! grin
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 28, 2011
na where them wan find am,
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by software(m): 10:31am On Jan 28, 2011
Na wa oooooo
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by kcvirus(m): 10:37am On Jan 28, 2011
would Nigeria let this evil genius to waste?, undecided
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 28, 2011
pipz:

[color=#990000]I ain't snitching on anybody here O!!! but i swear i must have seen this boy before, 2 years ago i was at the palms and 4 boys just rode in with a Black phantom everybody at the palms where like shocked shocked lipsrsealed. i swear it must have been him i guess, but big ups to him, the guy dey get him HUSTLE on, I'm sure everybody here would have love to be, 'TOBE'

Nothing do you, ko ni re' ooo!!!
[/color]

You could be right or wrong. But something tells me this dude is in Nigeria where he'll probably feel safest and virtually 'uncatchable' - not with the limitless cash at his disposal with which he can compromise all the seco agencies. He can't possibly hide in the USA for up to two years now without being smoked out by the almighty FBI.

About the RR Phantom you saw at the Palms, guy dat wan no follow oh. It could be him, but could also have easily been someone else. There are countless Phantoms on Lagos streets, and its not as if you'd see recognizable money men like Femi Otedola or Igbinedion inside them; unknown faces! Personally, I've seen Phantoms everywhere - Allen Avenue, Ikorodu Road, Ikoyi, V.I, Festac, Unilag, Lekki, everywhere. There are probably more than 100 Phantoms and Bentleys in Lagos. So it could have been any of the countless made hustlers that you saw at the palms, not necessarily Tobe & his crew. These Naija boys are not sleeping at all.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by kenenath(m): 12:03pm On Jan 28, 2011
yeah rigth this Guy is a complete genius, he is 2 demn smart.

he beat the banks, people, FBI and even his colleagues men i hail him

believe me this Guy can never be caught cause he is way smarter them all of them!!!!!!

9ice 1

At least him no Kill any body talk more of to hold Gun mennn e no easy "T" got brains,
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Ranoscky(m): 12:16pm On Jan 28, 2011
Namfav,

If I were you, I would have focused all the gibberish you were ranting here to the OBJ's, the IBB's, the ABACHA's that looted, NOT millions, NOT billions, NOT naira, but, TRILLIONS of $$$$$ from "their fellow Nigerians" (YOU, me & others), instead of spitting out venom over a case that, even if the culprit is caught, you won't be doing the time with him in jail. Are Nigerians as bad as the Americans interms of scamming? undecided. . .Who started it? If you have to scream to the highest of your voice just to make sure that, even your un-born children heard you scream all b'cos of this Tobe's issue, then, what will you do about the Mexicans, the Italian mafians, the Chinese mafians that kills cold blooded just to make their money?. . .Why crying out foul in a racist manner over this issue? undecided. . .Ish do happens everywhere. It's just that some countries Govt won't like it to be aired by the media so as not to dent their country's image. And FYI, the FBI are in-search of an 'American' (with a Nigerian ethnicity, b'cos, Im effing sure that he might have gotten his papres), and they did not mention that they'r in-search of an 'IBO' man!

BS: You better becareful, or esle, don't allow Tobe to distablise your brian through his technology techniques! grin
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Princek12(m): 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2011
Don Diara:

Thumbs up for TOBE, Americans feels like they are the best and no one can break them, we need more people like TOBE. We need to show them that we are better than them. Remember the slave trade days, those bastards showed NO mercy on our fathers we need to avenge that. One love.

And you think that Tobe stealing money from innocent people, many of whom could be black or Nigerian, is a way of avenging the horrors perpetrated upon blacks during the slave trade? And did Tobe tell you that he discriminately selects his victims to ensure that they are slaveowners or their heirs or descendants before he strikes them? And do you think people like Tobe give a hoot about their victims' nationalities when they scam them?

I know people like you will find every means to justify their criminal acts, just like an armed robber will find an excuse for stealing from and killing his neighbor: that why can his neighbor be rich and he is poor.

Bottom line, that mentality is what has caused Nigeria to decay into its current state: the mentality that there is an excuse and/or justification for every crime, particularly embezzlement and money laundering.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by hustla(m): 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2011
make enemies tok werin em want, ma maye connect bois go stil gt their cheese!!Americans too do fraud schemes and transfer of funds from bank to bank, jus tht they publicize Naija and black related ones more, simple!

MAKE HUSTLAS HUSTLE THEIR STASH!!! JOOR!!
Tobe enjoy jare,sha send m some cheese!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by rhymz(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2011
Mehn to say this story awed me is an understatement. I am not the type to be easily impressed but damn it! Tobechi swept me off with an unequal smartness. If you say that was not a feat to talk about, then may be you should go and try cooking up a scheme that will get you a dollar let alone a whooping $44m geez! This guy's life is like one of em Scarface, Robert De Nairo, Denzel guys, he is that kinda crook. I mean you ve got to give it to him; he is sleek, extremely sophisticated, has an unmatched finsse, technical savvy and artistry of a beautiful mind and a very good knowledge of the American Banking and Credit System. You have got to love him no matter what mehn. Tell me you wanted Denze dead in American Gangstar or Crazy Al pacino in Scarface or even Robert De Neiro in catch me if u can-dead, of course not that's how I view this. Call me wierd and morally bankrupt, I dont care but know this, "Behind every greath wealth is a great crime story!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by SEFAGO(m): 8:38pm On Jan 28, 2011
I dont still understand why eevryone is impressed. Do you know how porous the american banking system is? His scamming will not even work in naija. Its very easy to transfer money from someones bank account to your account without the person being notified in the US.

his "ingenuity" is as a result of a badly set up system.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by EzeUche2(m): 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2011
SEFAGO:

I dont still understand why eevryone is impressed. Do you know how porous the american banking system is? His scamming will not even work in naija. Its very easy to transfer money from someones bank account to your account without the person being notified in the US.

You have been screaming the thing all through this thread. Do I sense jealousy? I mean are you jealous of a scammer? The man is intelligent. Now get over it.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Afam4eva(m): 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2011
SEFAGO:

Ignorance no good o. You guys can go to any length just to prove something. It now turns out Nigerian banks have more security than American banks.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by fstranger1: 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

You have been screaming the thing all through this thread. Do I sense jealousy? I mean are you jealous of a scammer? The man is intelligent. Now get over it.

Very stupidd assertion

Why would he be jealous

what he  did is simply not that impressive. Any idle person can pull it off. Remember, he used to work in a bank and had help throughout

There is nothing impressive about what he did.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by EzeUche2(m): 8:46pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

Very stupidd assertion

Why would he be jealous

what he  did is simply not that impressive. Any idle person can pull it off. Remember, he used to work in a bank and had help throughout

There is nothing impressive about what he did.

Coming to your alter-ego's defense? I find that hilarious.

Give the boy some credit where credit is due. And he still remains free after taking so much money.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by SEFAGO(m): 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2011
Fstranger said it all

He worked in a bank- as a loan officer, he knows how the system works. Have you noticed that all the scams by Nigerians are done by those who worked previously in the banks? You think you can pull that off by not working in the system?

Why should I be jealous, I could probably pull one too, all i need is a job at a bank.

Try and call a Nigerian bank and ask them for the account information of someone and see if they will give it to you over the phone. I regularly access the accounts of friends over the phone anytime I need to withdraw money from a friends account. They just give me their social security and tell me some of the security questions and its fine.

The US commercial banking system is porous because there is so much money in the country. Try and withdraw 150,000 naira from anyones bank account in naija. When the bank sends automatic text to the person na only god will help you.

Read about this story from a victim. The scams are usually the same. Infact they tried to pull the same scam on me once, and I called them, and immediately they started faking oyibo accent, I started calling them oloriburuku in because i knew theyw ere obviously yoruba  grin grin grin

http://www.kcra.com/station/10259511/detail.html

"They said they cashed them because I was a good customer. They didn't hold the checks, they didn't verify the funds, they took the fact that I was a good customer. If I'm a good customer, then you should be looking out for my best interest," Kindall said.

Even BofA do very few verifications on checks and I have seen this in action myself
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by SEFAGO(m): 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2011
And he still remains free after taking so much money.

You think so? You dont know the FBI yet. The guy is probably out of circulation. Read between the lines, look at the life sentence they gave some of his accomplices. 4-5 years lol after pleading guilty. They gave even one of them only two years. You think that person got two years for free? Or he made a deal? grin

Where will he run to- naija? Naija were your brother will sell you for 50 naira. They will be monitoring his family too, and all his sisters. Once you appear on the FBI radar you are gone.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by olabukola: 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2011
SEFAGO:

Once you appear on the FBI radar you are gone.
Osama nko?

It takes gots and smartness to pull what that guy did. A dullard can't do yahoo yahoo talkless of HELOC. If you had read the original post you will notice how FBI discribed him, are you guys telling me that FBI exagerated his prowess? Even at the point of arrest he "melted into the night". Conned the telecom oparetor to give out info about him and the FBI agent that is on his phone. This the kinda stuff you see in Hollywood Movies. Diff voice(Young,Middle aged and Old). Just like Frank Jr(Pilot, Doctor, etc). When caught he will serve but he will be useful to FB after hiz sentence.

Its in their blood anyway.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by fstranger1: 9:54pm On Jan 28, 2011
olabukola:

Osama nko?

It takes gots and smartness to pull what that guy did. A dullard can't do yahoo yahoo talkless of HOLOC. If you had read the original post you will notice how FBI discribed him, are you guys telling me that FBI exagerated his prowess? Even at the point of arrest he "melted into the night". Conned the telecom oparetor to give out info about him and the FBI agent that is on his phone. This the kinda stuff you see in Hollywood Movies. Diff voice(Young,Middle aged and Old). Just like Frank Jr(Pilot, Doctor, etc). When caught he will serve but he will be useful to FB after hiz sentence.

Its in their blood anyway.

What is HOLOC again?

Same same!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by olabukola: 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^^^ You still don't know what HELOC is?
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by fstranger1: 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2011
olabukola:

^^^^ You still don't know what HELOC is?

Google saved your azz

Olodo

Same same

Like Tobe, like Olabukola!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by SEFAGO(m): 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2011
You are comparing Osama to him?  grin

You think Osama has all the vices and greediness that this guy has? A thiefs weakness is his vices. This guy cannot stay underground and not do something stupid. Seems he loves fine women and expensive cars- one way or the other, even if he stays underground for 10 years and resurfaces, they will still catch him. They will not close his file till they have confirmed that he is dead.

Conned the telecom oparetor to give out info about him and the FBI agent that is on his phone. This the kinda stuff you see in Hollywood Movies. Diff voice(Young,Middle aged and Old). Just like Frank Jr(Pilot, Doctor, etc). When caught he will serve but he will be useful to FB after hiz sentence.

Yeah right the way Madoff and the enron executives are useful to the FBI. The guy go dey prison long tym. Anyhow to be honest, i think its kind of worth it to go to prison for 10 years and gbadun your life for 4 years.

He did not con anyone. The operator was covering his/her arse for being negligent and s/t/u/pid. Probably trying to save her already lost job lol.

Its not that hard to fake voices- I have to say nothing is special about him lol. Give awon boiz in lagos who sleep in the cybercafe the opportunity to go to the US and they would even bring down a whole investment bank lol.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 29, 2011
Who are these fools yarning utter nonsense? Only a nitwit infused with unprecedented sour grapes/jealousy would imply that there's no big deal in what this Tobechi GENIUS pulled off. I can't believe some fools. In other words, any "idle" bassstard can do what he did? And yet the FBI and American media are soooo awestruck by his exploits? That means "idle" people like you are so terribly hard to find in America and elsewhere? Or in other words, only a great sense of morality and 'goodness' prevents you from 'easily' fleecing American banks of $44m Clap for yourself, Mr (or Mrs) Integrity. The depth of some people's shallow-mindedness, envy, hypocrisy and despicable imbecility is  just too immeasurable for words to describe. Condemning his actions for their criminality is one thing, but denigrating them as 'no big deal', and as doable by any 'idle' 'criminal' certainly confirms that one is idiotically envious. Genius is genius, whether 'good' or 'evil'. At the end of the day, it's all a subjective judgment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 13 People In Borno / We’ve Uncovered A ‘Satanic’ Plot By Dangote To Cause Chaos – Kogi Government / AROKO - The Yoruba Hieroglyphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.