Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Living With My Married Elder Sister - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With My Married Elder Sister (102075 Views)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / My Married Elder Brother Is Having An Affair With An Igbo gold digger / My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by ValentineLALA(m): 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
You took the words from my mouth at the down part. I wish she will clam down and read your story then think about it. Well I’m happy for who you are today Sis. #Peace #Words #Facts
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by mauchiz: 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
Since you are not feeling fine, go to your family house, when you get well, you can come back to her house.
Your sister knows you are a female, to her she feels she is training you.
Go back home, when you come back to her house, go and learn a skill.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by afroxyz: 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
oluwaseyi0:
My story look a little bit like yours

Those days of my ND whenever I visit my aunt, I automatically assume the role of the one to do house chores her kids are lazy, as I continue to grow older it doesn't sit well with me, during my HND I learnt photography and start doing wait and get photos while staying with a friend, immediately I start earning small changes my dependency on her greatly reduced hence I don't visit often, before and during my service year I learnt programming and got a job immediately after service

I am grateful for all my aunt and her husband has done for me but the truth is I WON'T ACHIEVE ANYTHING IF I CONTINUE TO STAY WITH THEM MY MIND WILL BE MORE FIXATED ON COMPLETING A NEVER ENDING CYCLE OF HOUSE CHORES RATHER THAN THINKING ABOUT MY CAREER

it's very unfortunate that that's a typical African family treatment

@adunni07 you are simply are adopted house girl and that is not going to change any time soon, no one is gonna let a passive slave free just like that, fighting her is a no no, it is a war you will never win but you will come out severely wounded, she will paint you as ingrate, your parents will rather support her, if you fight her her husband will rather support her and worse of all you will loose the gains and comfort her house bring

Your best bet is to find something doing asap, if it's to learn a vocational training, intensify your job hunting and act grown up, let her see you as busy, don't let her always see you as available, immediately you get a reasonable job your best bet is leaving her house

What programming course did you learn?
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by bizhop01: 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
I will like to hear from your sister before i judge,

Girls this days are too lazy, your sister might had different story to tell.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Maobichek: 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
Adunny07:
Please I just really need someone to talk to about this and I will like your candid advise..

So since my older sister got married I always come to her house and spend few weeks or months and go back. Al·through my university days, whenever school is not in session I always come down here to spend time with her and her husband.

Truth be told the husband is a very nice man and has helped me always financially, anytime I come here once my sister welcomes me the first day like this, from the second day she leaves all her house chores for me, I mean everything and she just relaxes. At times I get really tired and don't even feel like doing those chores but because most times when I come visiting she is heavy ( pregnant) so most times I just help her...

Thing is my sister doesn't appreciate all my effort, most times she complains self its the hubby that tells her that I am hardworking and at least she should give me credit for all I do.

Now the reason why am writing this is because am done with service (NYSC) and as it is its like I have to stay in her house because the state where she stays has more job opportunities compared to where our parents live... She stays in Abuja...I have been down with malaria for few days now and I have been on treatment, just because I can't do certain house chores because am not too strong my sis started complaining saying I can't be living in her house and be waking up whenever i like... Mind you I was always the first that wakes up when I wasn't sick, in fact I will wash the dishes, sweep, mop daily, cook food, bath her children and all those things.

The only thing she does is to bath her youngest baby, but now because for these few days she has been doing those work I do daily she is already saying she can't tolerate me sleeping and not waking up on time.

My question is this, does she have the right to be so angry at me because she is doing her house chores? I feel its her house and so she doing her house chores herself shouldn't be a problem since am not too strong to help her do it. She herself just sweep and doesn't mop, but she expects me to sweep and mop everyday.

Should i just go back to my parents house and get a job there? Me renting my own house is not an option because am a lady and am just 22...

Please i need you guys advice, what can I do?
. Just one word for you: PATIENCE!!! Please don't fight her, she is insensitive to your plight but if you can cultivate patience as a virtue, you will be ok. I stay here (FCT) so I know what accommodation is here, thank you.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Ybaby: 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
Adunny07:
Please I just really need someone to talk to about this and I will like your candid advise..

So since my older sister got married I always come to her house and spend few weeks or months and go back. Al·through my university days, whenever school is not in session I always come down here to spend time with her and her husband.

Truth be told the husband is a very nice man and has helped me always financially, anytime I come here once my sister welcomes me the first day like this, from the second day she leaves all her house chores for me, I mean everything and she just relaxes. At times I get really tired and don't even feel like doing those chores but because most times when I come visiting she is heavy ( pregnant) so most times I just help her...

Thing is my sister doesn't appreciate all my effort, most times she complains self its the hubby that tells her that I am hardworking and at least she should give me credit for all I do.

Now the reason why am writing this is because am done with service (NYSC) and as it is its like I have to stay in her house because the state where she stays has more job opportunities compared to where our parents live... She stays in Abuja...I have been down with malaria for few days now and I have been on treatment, just because I can't do certain house chores because am not too strong my sis started complaining saying I can't be living in her house and be waking up whenever i like... Mind you I was always the first that wakes up when I wasn't sick, in fact I will wash the dishes, sweep, mop daily, cook food, bath her children and all those things.

The only thing she does is to bath her youngest baby, but now because for these few days she has been doing those work I do daily she is already saying she can't tolerate me sleeping and not waking up on time.

My question is this, does she have the right to be so angry at me because she is doing her house chores? I feel its her house and so she doing her house chores herself shouldn't be a problem since am not too strong to help her do it. She herself just sweep and doesn't mop, but she expects me to sweep and mop everyday.

Should i just go back to my parents house and get a job there? Me renting my own house is not an option because am a lady and am just 22...

Go back to your parents house - you can get a job from there.

You cannot be in her house and be sick biko - it is not an hotel - you got to bring something to the table.

If you are sick go home to your parents - it is her home and her rules.

Life is a symbiotic relationship
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by buzorcharles(m): 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
Chummynoni:
you have a lazy sister. she will definitely kill you with chores. i pray u get a job on tym and leave her lazy ass alone. goodluck

U just prayed without giving her the advice she seeked
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Web2020: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Serve so that you will be served. If you don't serve, you can never be served. I was once in your shoes. But today....
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by crackhouse(m): 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
Come i will accommodate you. I stay in your city too. U can stay in my place for 3yrs I don't care as long as you will be cooking for me No problem.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by timisquare82(m): 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
You had better endure inasmuch you are not starving remember you will soon get married. That's part of the training!

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Fruitydemola(m): 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
Oya let's hook up am in abj too..
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by mogboyelade(f): 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
Adunny07:

go back home and let your parent be doing house chore for you. if you think you are helping your sister, you are not helping her. you are only helping yourself. she is only preparing you for the task ahead which is marriage and what you will face in marriage with kids and domestic work. I know one day ,you will look back and thank your sister.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Lovelyn451(f): 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
U just reminded me of a friend those days in school, she hardly attend classes because of house chores, I write her assignments and even tests, she has to cook 3 times everyday, i mean good meal, not tea or pap o, mops the whole duplex every blessed day.she was lamenting to me as usual one day and I asked her relationship with this Anty of hers, I was shocked to hear that this so called anty is actually her immediate elder sister...when na beg and keep the change I dey use send my immediate younger sister on errand...her sisters husband is not always in the country but whenever he's around he stops her from some unnecessary chores and this her sister would be really mad at her husband...well, she managed until after school, got a job and left their house for them in peace...just manage until you get a job, if no job is coming through, go learn a vocation...

6 Likes

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by 360command: 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
I will send you to my house in Ghana so you can help me clean just to hideaway for some time. Nobody in my house, I am off
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Primenet(m): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
Sorry about what you are passing through. Life is full of up and down!

Kindly relocate to your parent house if she persist that you must leave her house.

But DON'T do the mistake of renting your own house since you are

single. If you do, it will do more harm than the good you anticipated.

Wish You Quick Recovering & Remain Blessed!

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by gowonmaharajah(m): 9:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
this isn't a new thing.been there.done that. fought back.

I don't know why people like taking advantage of a vulnerable person.once they see they have this power over you,Omo, you're in for a long thing.
I no wetin I pass through for my dad's friend's wife hands.worked me as though I was a donkey.
I looked so emaciated and pale due to rigorous work.na errands up and down.the chores her children were supposed to do,I'd singlehandedly finish it all.
chai...I suffered.

Hey,you...yes you reading this.stop taking advantage of people 'coz they're weak. you too will soon fall under a mightier hand.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by dederocs(m): 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Some women are selfish, inconsiderate and desperate, find your own life, she is a bad sister.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Impostor: 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
maiyee:
well said, you are living with your "heavily" pregnant sister and you cannot assist her with most of the house chores if not all.
Your conscience should tell you to relieve her of work as she is feeding, housing and taking care of you... What are you contributing?
How do you visit someone older than you and still be waiting to be told to getup early and clean, SMH

Shut the fk up, I dislike this type of mentality. She is doing her part, you want her to kill herself because she lives with an older sis. Read the post, her sis is not pregnant.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by LegitDiva: 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
Adunny07:

I stay in Abuja, please come and live with me.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Kokaine(m): 9:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
Adunny07:

seriously just be grateful to God that your family is together. Sibling rivalrt tore some families apart and its so bad they don't see each other at all or speak with themselves. If this is what you have, trust me its a very good one
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Mypeople2(m): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
merahki:

Terrible post. angry
Not just terrible.....Trash! The person needs slap

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Is she your blood sister? If yes, is it that you didn't grow up with her or you both are not that close that you can't stand your ground and say your mind?

When I first got a new job in a different state from where I stay, I lived with an aunt that was very nice to me, she has kids and she made sure all house chores are done by them, to the extent that I had to assign a duty to myself so it won't be like I don't do anything at all, this aunt is a distant cousin o, not even a close one and till I left there and got my place, I had no cause to complain, she is that nice....

So Op I'm wondering if she is your blood, though people differ in character and personality, you should still be able to voice out and say your grievances, all the best.
don't mind her, one sided story
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by LegalOpinion: 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
tunjilee003:
I'll advise you to endure, that's the key, get a nice job ,save some money and move to your own abode, squatting with a family member has it own headache and that is what you're facing right now.....
the coast will be clear...

"Get a nice job". Is this an instruction, a command or a prayer?

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by ImaIma1(f): 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
Adunny07:

If all you have said is true, you will be better off moving out from there. Because someone who is not appreciative can never be satisfied.

If she is more interested in you doing the chores, she won't encourage your search for a job because you won't be of much use to her. And when you start working and you still live there, it will be a problem because you won't be able to do chores as much.

It's left for you to choose what works for you. If you can live with her attitude towards you, stay. If not, pack your bags.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by gbagyiza: 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
DominusPrime:

Your sister has turned you to a slave. Being in one state does not stop you from applying for jobs in other states although there are advantages in being in the same state. But as it is I haven't seen how you are enjoying them. You didn't even mention that your sis is helping you look for a job. Also talk to the hubby too if he can help while you are away.

Your sister sees your being a housegirl more beneficial to her than you getting a job. Besides if you get a job in that state and still live in that house you will automatically have two jobs...ironically as it may sound that wont be a blessing at all.

I don't know the last time I applied for a job by going to the organization to submit my CV. I do it online. Please, I will encourage her to go back to her parent n find a way to subscribe for job advert online n also use that medium to apply because most of the job vacancies application today r done via online.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by VicM6: 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
Adunny07:

A wise man once told me that We determine who we are by what we do.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Yankee101: 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
Who told you it's easier to get a job in abuja?

It's easier to get scammed for govt jobs, though

If you can't meet up her demands just move to prevent tension or exchange of words you can't take back

Adunny07:

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
Adunny07:

I put it to you that you’re very lazy. Who comes to Nairaland to seek people’s opinions on things as mundane as this?
You even have strength to type this long. Leave you if can’t stay there
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Chibyklatest: 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
Please, Lady, go to their place, try and get a job. Then move out and get your own apartment. At 22, you are not a kid. U are a graduate for God sake. Be a your self and take decision.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Samzzy94(m): 9:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
tunjilee003:
I'll advise you to endure, that's the key, [b]get a nice job ,[/b]save some money and move to your own abode, squatting with a family member has it own headache and that is what you're facing right now.....
the coast will be clear...

Lol......get a nice job...naso e easy bah?.....

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Blackdisciple(m): 9:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
na her type dey beat and injure people's child staying with her as a house help
just move on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wife Bathes Husband With Hot Water For Sleeping With Her Mother (Graphic Pics) / I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart / Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.