Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant (15914 Views)

Buhari Appoints Visually-Challenged Ode-Ankeli As Special Assistant / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / Jonathan Appoints Alhassan Yakmut As NSC DG (To Replace Gbenga Elegbeleye) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by aloyemeka1: 4:10am On Jan 27, 2011
Some portfolios really mean nothing and I don't know why y'all are beefing GEJ. What do special assistants do? gallivant around the world asking Nigerians who live in the diaspora how they feel?.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Eziachi: 4:15am On Jan 27, 2011
ofala:

While Mrs Ojukwu takes up this "new appointment", who takes care of IKEMBA please?Is this post more important than his life?I know she isn't a Doc but then i don't think there is anybody who is closer to IKEMBA than his wife and he is critically ill at the moment, I have to say this because GEJ and his folks are not worth taking certain risks for, They are beginning to prove that they look at we common Nigerians as idiots! Can somebody who haven't registered here please do that today lets MEET THEM at the polls,  angry
Who told you that you need to do a job in Nigeria governing circle in order to be paid?
She can do it from her husband's hospital bed in England, after all her portfolio is called diaspora affairs, I am sure diaspora is outside Nigeria. It makes sense now grin grin
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Probity100: 4:16am On Jan 27, 2011
Well, to me, it seems is just a plan to win APGA to vote for PDP presidential candidate. But it came at the wrong timing. Picking someone else capable of winning the party over or if insisted Ojukwu family, someone else very close and not the wife, Bianca

Who will take care of the warlord, knowing fully the responsibilities attached to this portfolio at this critical period.

Stop thinking the president would have affair with her. For those that think such, definitely, you would carry out that evil thought if you were president.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by jason123: 4:17am On Jan 27, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Probity100
Pray, why is that so?
So anything connected to Ojukwu is not electable. Is that it?

You guys should call a spade a spade and stop p00sy-footing.

I hope Ndigbo don't get intimidated by hypocrites.

GEJ could have done the same thing for HID Awolowo if she were young enough.
She appointed Yar adua's family member, didn't he?

The man is trying to unite Nigeria.  cool

Onlytruth, you are funny. GEJ would not rule this country. May we dey watch am. . . . . and its not because of Ojukwu connection as you might think, its because of his senselessness!

Btw, how is he uniting Nigeria?By appointing Bianca, Nigeria is uniting shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by DisGuy: 4:25am On Jan 27, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Some portfolios really mean nothing and I don't know why y'all are beefing GEJ. What do special assistants do? gallivant around the world asking Nigerians who live in the diaspora how they feel?.

they get paid, plus accommodation, feeding, transport etc etc

the FG should publish how much they spend on Special advisers/assistants
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Probity100: 4:26am On Jan 27, 2011
jason123:

Onlytruth, you are funny. GEJ would not rule this country. May we dey watch am. . . . . and its not because of Ojukwu connection as you might think, its because of his senselessness!

Btw, how is he uniting Nigeria?By appointing Bianca, Nigeria is uniting shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed

@Jason. He will still win. Am quite sure Gov Obi would have approved it as well. Was He not at the meeting that endorsed GEJ? grin
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by jumobi1(m): 4:27am On Jan 27, 2011
Probity100:

Well, to me, it seems is just a plan to win APGA to vote for PDP presidential candidate. But it came at the wrong timing. Picking someone else capable of winning the party over or if insisted Ojukwu family, someone else very close and not the wife, Bianca

Who will take care of the warlord, knowing fully the responsibilities attached to this portfolio at this critical period.

Stop thinking the president would have affair with her. For those that think such, definitely, you would carry out that evil thought if you were president.
You mean she shouldn't work because of her husband's health? I'm sure they have enough people looking after Ojukwu.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Probity100: 4:35am On Jan 27, 2011
Dis Guy:

they get paid, plus accommodation, feeding, transport etc etc

the FG should publish how much they spend on Special advisers/assistants

Thats an avenue to settle huge bills being accummulated in the name of PDP.

jumobi1:

You mean she shouldn't work because of her husband's health? I'm sure they have enough people looking after Ojukwu.

@Jumobi, so you would allow your better-half running errands when you need her most. Are you even married? grin
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by jumobi1(m): 4:42am On Jan 27, 2011
Probity100:

Thats an avenue to settle huge bills being accummulated in the name of PDP.

@Jumobi, so you would allow your better-half running errands when you need her most. Are you even married? grin

You mean if you were in a coma (not wishing that on you), you won't want your wife to work? In fact if it was me, i'll get out of coma and tell her to go to work then continue with my coma.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by DisGuy: 4:50am On Jan 27, 2011
jumobi1:

not enough people that know him like his wife

I'm sure there are thousands more than can do the bloody diaspora work anyway
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by jumobi1(m): 4:54am On Jan 27, 2011
Probity100:

In fact after reading this part again, i have to apologize for not getting your joke. I'm sure her job description is to stay in London until further notice.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by jumobi1(m): 4:55am On Jan 27, 2011
Dis Guy:

not enough people that know him like his wife

I'm sure there are thousands more than can do the bloody diaspora work anyway
It was a political move. Why else would GEJ pick her?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Probity100: 5:00am On Jan 27, 2011
jumobi1:

You mean if you were in a coma (not wishing that on you), you won't want your wife to work? In fact if it was me, i'll get out of coma and tell her to go to work then continue with my coma.

Of course she has to do her business and still have time for hubby but not taking this kind of appointment from opposition during is ill-health. Why was she not appointed when warlord is hale and hearty?

To me, is sending signal that APGA is collapsing fast because it will distabilise completely the already segmented APGA.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by jumobi1(m): 5:03am On Jan 27, 2011
Probity100:

Of course she has to do her business and still have time for hubby but not taking this kind of appointment from opposition during is ill-health. Why was she not appointed when warlord is hale and hearty?

To me, is sending signal that APGA is collapsing fast because it will distabilise completely the already segmented APGA.

Do you actually think she has any duties with this appointment? Be honest with yourself. GEJ is just kissing Ikemba's Ikebe. It's a political move to appease some people.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Probity100: 5:12am On Jan 27, 2011
jumobi1:

In fact after reading this part again, i have to apologize for not getting your joke. I'm sure her job description is to stay in London until further notice.

Well, from my own understanding, diaspora affairs is not limited to UK but also other countries. There alot of responsibilities attached. Except her own portfolio is Diaspora affairs(UK) or just to give her the role while someone else carries out the responsibilities. All in the name of settling the warlords accrued bills indirectly.

But I still maintain not this moment the warlord needs her most.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Ndipe(m): 5:18am On Jan 27, 2011
Didnt this same woman say she will never join politics until her children are all grown up?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 27, 2011
Expression of Hypocrisy,hate,bile and all Anti-Jonathan stance wont stop this man from ruling this country.The fact is 95% of the comment here against this political move are just getting unecessarily agitated and jittery over every political steps by jonathan.When Tinubu and ACTION CONSENSUS OF NIGERIA(ACN) where busy putting their family members in positions to contest election,nobody among the clowns here raised any eyebrow.But just because of their blind followershop of ACN and CPC,they are here expressing hypocrisy as if the appointment of Bianca means Nigeria has now ben sold to NIGE republic.When ACN/CPC are out with their evil marriage with anybody that comes thier way,the bunch of hypocrites here expect GEJ and his political strategist to fold their hands and just watch on without any counter moves.As far as I am concerned,we are in the election here and all parties/individual must do everything legally possible to win votes and GEJ and PDP are no exception.I expect many post here against GEJ but that as far as I am concern wont stop this man to be the next president come April,2011.Who else among the candidates if not him? Buhari almost 70,looking frail,accussed by the shagari government of stashing money from NNPC abroad,a former Dictator,a man who can never be part of a group unless he is chosen as the leader can not be the president of this country.Ribadu an inexperience,lapdog,Bulldog of former president,OBJ.A nigerian ex-policeman who claim to have over 26million naira and 150 cattle.A man who who used in efcc and today is about to be used by TIN UBU the great Drug lord can of course not be the president of this country.Those who are here making noise I am sure were alife when a a man who was truely honest was here campaining to be president,GANI Fawehinmi(how many of this hypocrites campaign and voted for him? I beg make we here word,BUHARI/RIBADU will not displace God's intent for Nigeria even if you like be ready on every minute to post anti GEJ statement here.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by HARDDICK(m): 5:42am On Jan 27, 2011
i do not understand how igbos can join benin republic that is far away from their homeland,who is posting this silly comment here? south south and english speaking cameroun joining igbo's makes better sense,than saying igbos go to benin republic
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Basics007: 6:17am On Jan 27, 2011
GEJ needs to do a lot to convince Nigerians he's the right person to govern this country. A lot of his steps are actually missteps. Repairin infrastructures in SE will get him more votes than makin silly appointments. I still remember him namin the dilapidated Liberty Stadium after Awo *smh*
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by doctorT(m): 6:38am On Jan 27, 2011
Oga Jona, in action. I dey laugh oooo. Time will tell.
President Jona, I hail thee,
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 27, 2011
how is it possible on this planet earth that the igbos will join benin-it can never be possible so bleep that idea outer here, you can go and join ur brothers in benin men! If u can,make it that paradise you want atleast you are not leaving w.africa talk more of africa and we can boast to outer world of that(as i said in that ur thread) mind you igbos is never coming with you!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 27, 2011
@topic i dont see anything wrong with the appointment if bianca is quallified! but if indeed he wants the SE votes then there are things he can do for us than the appointment eg just make a PROMISE TO BUILD A SEA PORT IN ONITSHA> i tell u guys then he gots it or find a policy to protect the killings inthe north (which the igbos will benefict most) then who will be the FOOL in the region not to VOTE FOR HIM!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by rasputinn(m): 7:43am On Jan 27, 2011
Hurray
KK is now special assistant Niger Delta affairs,like play like play,we're getting there,KK we go wash am na
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by jambya(m): 7:59am On Jan 27, 2011
Politics as usual! My country people, we nid to smart up now becos I have beginning to see this as business ever. I hope GEJ would be able to live up to our expectations with all this people he has to favour to return himself back to the throne. God helps Nigeria!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by BigB11(m): 8:15am On Jan 27, 2011
Another silly move by our one and only Badluck of Nigeria.

One of the most important roles of a real leader is making effective and efficient decision @ the right time.
Even a day old baby knows that Ojukwu who happens to be very sick needs his wife, Bianca next to him more than anything at this time.

If Badluck was sincere and wants the best for our country, the smartest thing he could have done was to have a meeting with Bianca, discover her qualifications, identify a perfect position and finally assure her a position as soon as her husband returns home from the hospital.

Making this ridiculous move at this time only shows that Mr. President is a desperate follower, who can not sing and think profoundly simultaneously.

Let us vote for a real leader, a leader that will truly fight vigorously for us and our country.
Buhari for President.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by tyson55(m): 8:25am On Jan 27, 2011
Gej should not disappoint me with this kind of sensless appointment.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by chiozor: 8:34am On Jan 27, 2011
I support GEJ but with this move he has definite hit the final nail on his coffin of foolishness.If he need an assistant fro Dispora there are many senior staffs in the Foreign Affairs Ministry with the experience that could do that as part of their official duties.why Bianca, why not other people from APGA. I see this as shyt move angry
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 27, 2011
I 'm ashamed of every negative comments on this site. One, GEJ is free to appoint whoever to whatever especially depending on the demands of the job. For example, when he appointed the current INEC Chairman even though he has never met him before all his life, we all sang his praise. In addition, when he reshuffled the last troubled cabinet, we all saw sense in his action. I believe appointing Mrs Bianca Ojukwu as Special Assistant, Diaspora Affairs isn't totally a lame move as some commentators will make us believe. Rather, Bianca could readily be remembered first as former miss Nigeria and now wife of Biafran Warlord , Odumegu Ojukwu. It takes someone who has some influence to be involved in diaspora Affairs. What do you think? Secondly, On the importance of every comment, I know some people are too emotionally involved when sharing their sentiments but, we should not tear GEJ or his families who has access to this site with our words,let's build one another up. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Diligence: 8:57am On Jan 27, 2011
Good move - seems JEGA is coming to terms with realities that are prevalent - well, perish, those who hate this!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by violent(m): 8:59am On Jan 27, 2011
@Evano

Could you elaborate a bit more on what you think the office of Special Adviser on Diasporan affairs will handle differently from the offices of Minister of Foreign Affairs?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by nekyluch(f): 9:04am On Jan 27, 2011
Which experience and expertise does madam ojukwu have to manage her new portfolio ?.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Kx: 9:04am On Jan 27, 2011
Lats week, Danjuma and co advised GEJ to collapse the ministries in a bid to reduce executive/admin/ministerial costs, whats GEJ responde; engage news SA's.
How is Foreign Affairs diff from Dispora Affairs?
I wish i could say I see hope in GEJ. Same old story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Colony Of Monkeys And A Congress Of Baboons; By Femi Fani Kayode / "I See Leaders Falling At The Feet Of Women In 2018" - Pastor Tunde Bakare / BREAKING: Judge Sentences Convicted Senior Lawyer To One Month In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.