Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant (15916 Views)

Buhari Appoints Visually-Challenged Ode-Ankeli As Special Assistant / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / Jonathan Appoints Alhassan Yakmut As NSC DG (To Replace Gbenga Elegbeleye) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Ministerra: 11:49am On Jan 27, 2011
Merit ko, demerit ni. Based on what? If na by who yellow pass, the 'appointment' should be given to Caroline Ekanem Danjuma after all she's also married to some politcal bigwig. Nonsense.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by tayoTFC(m): 11:54am On Jan 27, 2011
silly appointment, this show this man GEJ is dump, cant he listen to nigerian cry for electricity?, this is just a political way of paying ojucku hospital bill through yeye, appointment, nigerian wake up, GEJ is good accademicaly but politicaly zero, nothing to offer cos he does what the PDP god father ask him to do, we need change of power, nagerian thinks.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by TeadroTec: 11:58am On Jan 27, 2011
Teadro Info Tech, best known I.T school in Port Harcourt for its cutting-edge training where more of I.T practicals are emphasized in:
ORACLE, CISCO, MCITP, COMPTIA A+ and N+, MOS , IC3 and much more IS AT IT AGAIN! ! !,

Offering 100 percent scholarship to meritorious students. ABSOLUTELY FREE[/size][size=8pt]
NO gimmick, no registration fee, its totally free!!!
Teadro scholarship scheme is an annual scholarship program to empower the youths through ICT training and also to create opportunities for job placement.

Additional benefits include participants been enlisted on our consultant Database for job placement with any of the following: Telecom, Banks, ISPs, Oil and Gas and so on,

Remember, scholarship is based on merit, so come along with your writing materials for a 45 minutes test at Teadro InfoTech centre, 76 stadium road Port Harcourt or call 08036086061.
This is a rare opportunity where you can get yourself certified and grounded in I.T field at just no cost. Take advantage of this grand opportunity NOW!!!

Venue: 76 Stadium Road Port Harcourt
Date: 12th February 2011
Time: 9:00 am prompt!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by mbulela: 12:12pm On Jan 27, 2011
At a time when intelligent men and women are complaining that the cost of governance is becoming too outrageous this man goes and solidifies his 'business as usual' attitude
we need ministries reduced, executive and special assistants scrapped not multiplied.
the cost of governance is almost matching the sheer size of corruption and both are having an equal effect on the masses.
At a time when governments all over are reducing the size of government in view of present day economic realities, our state governors have 100 special aides.
We are doomed as a people.
I will spill blood if need be to be registered and i will vote, if only to have a clear conscience against this ineptitude that is being fostered on us.

While this is on, Jega wants to empty the national treasury in the name of voters registration.
this nation is in a 'one chance' bus speeding to hell.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by bisiaet: 12:15pm On Jan 27, 2011
[code]God save us in this country please what make it a big deal now that Bianca was given special adviser for such portfolio? Is this portfolio that much an important position? Why do all things means something else to Nigerians for God sake? Anybody appointed for any position people will say something same was the blablabla during Anenih wife appointment to women affairs and today she is doing her best. Can any one tell me the crime Bianca has commited? Can anyone tells me how what Gej did has anything to do with gaining political support? Political support from who? Ojukwu or who? Does he need Ojukwu or whatever for any support? Or is Bianca and her husband a member of PDP at all?

I find it so hard to understand my fellow country men. Does Bianca step on anybody's toes or corrupt or stole anybody's money please why cant she get the appointment is she not a humanbeign? Special adviser is not Minister, not a governor, not Perm. Sec, not a commissioner so what is the big deal in this appointment?

We just like Noise! Noise!! Noise!!! and Noise to create unecessary dissaffection, A much younger generation was appointed to come on board still we complain no wonder IBB says the youth are not ready to lead Nigeria because how do the youth get into the system is it not through this minor appointment for God sake? He did not choose IBB son or daughter nor Atiku or the so called political demons children but a wife of a respected man of Ojukwu status so why all all this noise and rants? God have mercy. No offense this is my own view.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by maclatunji: 12:16pm On Jan 27, 2011
E bi like say you people no understand the political and public relations arithmetic, calculation cum machinations.

1. The move is to draw the Igbos closer to President Jonathan (whether it will work or not is another matter).

2. Some people here have complained about Madam Patience's speaking and reading abilities. Well, the new Senior Special Adviser to the President on diaspora affairs can easily be deployed to represent Madam at events she is best advised not to represent her husband.

3. It does not "hurt a man" to have a beautiful married female assistant working with him? angry  angry embarassed
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2011
@ poster

This is some dumb joke abi. lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by bisiaet: 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2011
Nice on let wait to see as it goes
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by ziccoit: 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2011
A resounding round of thunderous applause for the president the cerebral ing, KAI, ANOTHER WRONG STEP IN WRONG DIRECTION.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by DeeJay20: 12:26pm On Jan 27, 2011
Hmmm i am yet to way in on this issue,

But let me 1st ponder on a picture of the "New Appointee" and
then i can evaluate the situation and give a reply

Pic 1

Our New "Special Assistant" ermmm

[flash=200,200]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVcuraVypBH7JADBN9dH1d7m4Rz4tqZnoiR8edYc9tPQAEOH7k&t=1[/flash]
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by DeeJay20: 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2011
Errmmm another Pic of our New Special Assistant of
Diaspora Affairs,

[flash=200,200]http://nollywood.codewit.com/images/stories/nollywoodstars/bianca-ojukwu-cnp2.jpg[/flash]

Ermmm  i am musing,  ermmm  i am trying to imagine how she
will go to Aso Rock to Produce a Report for the President on how
people like myself are doing in OVA-SEA'S!!! LOL,

Special Assistant: Mr president how is my report

Mr President: Hmmm odi Gwam good!!! But is that all, anything else!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Meldrick(m): 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2011
lynxnoon:

GEJ is as dumb as d silly advisers around him angry angry
Special Senior Adviser on Diaspora Affairs!!!! What Da Heck?!!!

Will you shut up with your plastic head. Can you tell your father that?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Maicash: 12:35pm On Jan 27, 2011
LOL diaspora affairs. lol thought i heard it all
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by DeeJay20: 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2011
Ermmmm another pic,

I need to call her office to find out when she
is coming to my town in "OVA-SEA'S" so that i can help her with the Opening Report stating the challenges and issues we have in "OVA-SEA's"

Nawaoooo! Haba she is not looking Bad for fifty-somthing year old,

OUR BELOVED SPECIAL ASSISTANT ON "NAIJA's in OVA-SEAS AFFAIRS!!!

[flash=200,200]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/99/Bianca_Ojukwu.jpg/220px-Bianca_Ojukwu.jpg[/flash]
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by JahMan1: 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2011
Again,

Have we considered why he made the other appointments aside that of Bianca?
Was it also to get votes from those regions?
If what 'we' say about the Igbos is true,I guess he'll get more votes by sharing money than giving the wife of their respected 'leader' an appointment.

Personally,I am waiting for the drama to unfold finally.Let the other contestants name their running mates before I decide on who to vote for.

Ribadu lacks political experience,if he appoints some credible person with political clout,fine.My suggestions in the south are Fashola and Ngige.But then,why has Ribadu suddenly become friends with Tinubu?The same man he was chasing with his so called damning evidences of corruption.hmmmmmm!
Buhari 'we' believe will take the anti-corruption crusade far(hope we are correct in that assessment),but he's an extremist.He needs an administrator/technocrat and/or serious minded christian as running mate.I also suggest the likes of Tunde Bakare or Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
If both of them fail me on this,then I will gladly vote my GEJ.
From all indications,who said his ascendancy to the exalted position is not an act of God?When could a Niger Delta person have become the president of this country?Not even militancy could have given it to them,and even if so,not given to someone as 'weak' as GEJ.
Let's watch and pray.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by calyx: 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2011
bisiaet:

[code]God save us in this country please what make it a big deal now that Bianca was given special adviser for such portfolio? Is this portfolio that much an important position? Why do all things means something else to Nigerians for God sake? Anybody appointed for any position people will say something same was the blablabla during Anenih wife appointment to women affairs and today she is doing her best. Can any one tell me the crime Bianca has commited? Can anyone tells me how what Gej did has anything to do with gaining political support? Political support from who? Ojukwu or who? Does he need Ojukwu or whatever for any support? Or is Bianca and her husband a member of PDP at all?

I find it so hard to understand my fellow country men. Does Bianca step on anybody's toes or corrupt or stole anybody's money please why cant she get the appointment is she not a humanbeign? Special adviser is not Minister, not a governor, not Perm. Sec, not a commissioner so what is the big deal in this appointment?

We just like Noise! Noise!! Noise!!! and Noise to create unecessary dissaffection, A much younger generation was appointed to come on board still we complain no wonder IBB says the youth are not ready to lead Nigeria because how do the youth get into the system is it not through this minor appointment for God sake? He did not choose IBB son or daughter nor Atiku or the so called political demons children but a wife of a respected man of Ojukwu status so why all all this noise and rants? God have mercy. No offense this is my own view.

Apologies but this post is senseless
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by rainbowman: 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2011
Its quite upsetting that up till now most Nigerians behave as if they know it all, firstly this appointment was not created for Bianca, it was already in existence before. Secondly, she would have been nominated before the appointment, if not why am I not a political appointee. Therefore, someone, well respected saw some good qualities in her enough to merit her been given that appointment. Thirdly, why at this age would even fellow women folk feel that the appointment of a woman is based on her ability to satisfy a sitting Presidents libido. I mean that is just disgusting. The fact that we have freedom to express ourselves now is very beautiful but that does not mean that we should use that to abuse our leaders at any given opportunity because this is just allowing people not from this country to view our leaders as inept people. And talking about leadership, a leader need not be strong physically, eloquent or handsome it all depends on his ability to perform given some circumstances, to be fair to him GEJ has done well since becoming the C in C mind you, he has not even spent up to one year in power and he has had to contend with crisis after crisis coupled with our pessimistic criticism that seeks to read ulterior motives over his good intentions, oooo he is this, ooo he did that. Let us learn to respect our leaders for a change after all during the Abacha years you could get arrested for making such comments or did you even have a lap top, phone or all our comfy gadgets then?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by DeeJay20: 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2011
donjon:

Why u dey tink reach dat angle na?
because she yellow?

O.K SHE IS YELLOW

[flash=200,200]http://www.sunnewsonline.com/images/Bianca%20-%2014.gif[/flash]
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by MaJBlige(f): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2011
ifyalways:

I can't help but laugh oooo  cheesy
Minister for Diasporas lolzzzz

LOL. You shuld laugh at yourself instead.

Its not Minister - its a special adviser.

LOL.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by olaolabiy: 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2011
I dey laugh o!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by ideylaff: 1:43pm On Jan 27, 2011
My fellow NL members, look at it this way, looking @ Patience, you can tell she does not give GEJ any more BJ's since she is busy with state affairs and getting older by the day as well.

GEJ needed to freshen up his sex life and so was advised to bring in someone with experience of looking after Older people.

IN the middle of the usual late night Aso Rock SUYAING AND PEPPERSOUPING her name was dropped and there you go,  "Fimile Baby Fimi Le" lipsrsealed

Your new Diaspora Ambassador,  Yellow just like Oyinbo,  wink

Expect Facebook SSA as well very soon,  embarassed

Awon Oloshi Gbo Gbo,

NB/POC as per your post above: @Ma_J_Blige , weda na Minista or na Senior Special Adviser or Advisor or SSA, or SSEX 2>>>>> all of dem na de same, cos dey do ABSOLUTE F* *k all anyway and still get paid for doing norin norin, LOL

Abi I lie,
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Gnexplore: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2011
Good one GEJ

At least my "good" people of Nnewi and Ngwo will cease to have visa problems!!!

Is she not suppose 2 be beside her husband in hospital or is it a sign that "Ikemba" is at the e*d of d road?

, God forbid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by ideylaff: 1:53pm On Jan 27, 2011
SENIOR SPECIAL ASEXTANT AND SENIOR SPECIAL ASSISTANT , play the same role in ASO ROCK,

NA GEJ get the rock, the SSA GET THE AS , S IN ASO ROCK,
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by MaiSuya(m): 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
Wonders shall never end. . . shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2011
Hmm GEJ, hope ure not thinking wit ya trousers  grin grin grin

As Ikemba loff dis gal reach, dis appointment will either kill him or wake him from da dead!!  LOL

Goodluck to him, Goodluck to you, Goodluck to Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin

Dame, watch ya space grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Gbawe: 2:06pm On Jan 27, 2011
mbulela:

At a time when intelligent men and women are complaining that the cost of governance is becoming too outrageous this man goes and solidifies his 'business as usual' attitude
we need ministries reduced, executive and special assistants scrapped not multiplied.

Indeed. That is precisely what Danjuma and his panel tell Jonathan below. Sadly , it does not appear as if Jonathan is capable of listening to sensible advice . To me , what is written below is 'respectful' acknowledgement that Jonathan is highly inept , senselessly profligate and clueless .

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10931:danjuma-panel-to-jonathan-cut-recurrent-budget-to-40&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

Danjuma panel to Jonathan: Cut recurrent budget to 40% .
Thursday, 27 January 2011 00:00 Nasiru L. Abubakar    

Ten key recommendations intended to turn around the course of the Nigerian state were made to President Goodluck Jonathan by the Gen T.Y. Danjuma Presidential Advisory Committee last week, beginning with one that recurrent expenditure should not exceed 40% of the national budget and this should determine the size of the government. Other recommendations contained in a summary report submitted to Jonathan by the council dated January 20, 2011 and signed by Danjuma, include the need to reduce Federal ministries to 18 at most and to rationalise all non-ministerial agencies to eliminate overlap, duplication and redundancies.

Similarly, the Danjuma panel recommended pursuing programs to enhance capacity of the public service; reduce the salaries, allowances and overhead expenditure of political office holders; and pay to legislators only salaries and allowances as determined by the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission [RMAFC].

It also recommended a pruning of the budget deficit to no more than 3% of GDP; limiting borrowing by federal and state governments to only productive projects; stopping the legislature from hiking budget proposals; ensuring that expenditure and project costs are internationally competitive; scrupulous auditing of public accounts, as well as strict adherence to a policy of zero tolerance for corruption.

[b]The Danjuma panel expressed “grave concern over the sub-optimal management of our national resources” in four key indices. It condemned the deterioration in the ratio of recurrent to capital expenditure over the years in favour of the former, from 39:61 percent in 2000AD to 60:40% in 2010 and a projected further deterioration to 71:29% this year.

It said the country is dedicating the bulk of its resources to finance government administration “rather than making investments in key infrastructure, to fuel growth and enhance quality of lives.”

It frowned at a situation where there are 30 federal ministries and a plethora of extra-ministerial departments, 42 ministers and “an army of special advisers and assistants.” It also said the National Assembly consumed N144bn in 2010, or N307m per legislator.

The Danjuma council also frowned at “the abuse of legislative oversight functions” with the allocation of big sums of money to finance committee members’ visits to projects sites. It said despite the cost, this has not added anything to the quality of spending and project execution.

It also said “unrealistsic budget assumptions have pushed up the government to resort to excessive borrowing to finance the budget.” It warned on the dangers of the growing public debt burden on the country’s future and said delay in passing the Petroleum Industry Reform Bill [PIB] has led to a suspension of new investment in the oil sector.

According to the panel, “no economic indicator better exemplifies our poor management of resources than the depletion of the Excess Crude Account at a time of rising oil production and prices.”[/b]

It said the account was eroded from $20bn in 2007 to $1bn last year, and even that $1bn was shared out between the three tiers of government on December 31, 2010.

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Gnexplore: 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2011
Bianca vs Patience
If you are GEJ who will you choose?

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by soldee: 2:16pm On Jan 27, 2011
marissa:

Hmm GEJ, hope ure not thinking wit ya trousers  grin grin grin

As Ikemba loff dis gal reach, dis appointment will either kill him or wake him from da dead!!  LOL

Goodluck to him, Goodluck to you, Goodluck to Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin

Dame, watch ya space grin grin grin

ROFLMAO!! GEJ, if Ikemba catch u. . . .

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by armyofone(m): 2:29pm On Jan 27, 2011
about time we see pretty women in nigeria politics bo. way to go Bianca.
worworish ones, give way kiss
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by juman(m): 2:34pm On Jan 27, 2011
President Jonathan now turned the presidency to traditional stool (traditional leader). He dishes out political position like given out chieftancy title.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by JahMan1: 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2011
Again,

Have we considered why he made the other appointments aside that of Bianca?
Was it also to get votes from those regions?
If what 'we' say about the Igbos is true,I guess he'll get more votes by sharing money than giving the wife of their respected 'leader' an appointment.

Personally,I am waiting for the drama to unfold finally.Let the other contestants name their running mates before I decide on who to vote for.

Ribadu lacks political experience,if he appoints some credible person with political clout,fine.My suggestions in the south are Fashola and Ngige.But then,why has Ribadu suddenly become friends with Tinubu?The same man he was chasing with his so called damning evidences of corruption.hmmmmmm!
Buhari 'we' believe will take the anti-corruption crusade far(hope we are correct in that assessment),but he's an extremist.He needs an administrator/technocrat and/or serious minded christian as running mate.I also suggest the likes of Tunde Bakare or Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
If both of them fail me on this,then I will gladly vote my GEJ.
From all indications,who said his ascendancy to the exalted position is not an act of God?When could a Niger Delta person have become the president of this country?Not even militancy could have given it to them,and even if so,not given to someone as 'weak' as GEJ.
Let's watch and pray.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by juman(m): 2:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
Well, taking care of Ikemba is also a national sevice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I’m Not Seeking Asylum, Says Fani-kayode / Arinzechukwu Awogu Flays Obi Over Utterances Against Ndigbo / Retreat Of PDP National Leaders And State Party Chairmen (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.