Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant (15913 Views)

Buhari Appoints Visually-Challenged Ode-Ankeli As Special Assistant / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / Jonathan Appoints Alhassan Yakmut As NSC DG (To Replace Gbenga Elegbeleye) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by 2sleek2NV(m): 9:11am On Jan 27, 2011
Na d red soil wey dey Nnewi una want make she use threat her husband?
Her husband is seen as a national hero so we have to use national money to pay for his medical bills.
As soon as Yar'adua die, dem giv him daughter political post for katsina and anoda won ticket to run for house of Rep.
its just so dey keep chopping from d National Purse, Shikena!!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 27, 2011
nekyluch:

Which experience and expertise does madam ojukwu have to manage her new portfolio ?.
The Biafran experience ! grin
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by orgasm(m): 9:22am On Jan 27, 2011
senseless appointment. We still have a long way to go.(sigh)
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by 2sleek2NV(m): 9:23am On Jan 27, 2011
And you begin to wonder what a complete house wife and Ex-beauty queen knows about Diaspora.
Or is it cos she knows a handful of some foreign countries and their Capitals?  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by kcjazz(m): 9:31am On Jan 27, 2011
Evano:

I 'm ashamed of every negative comments on this site. One, GEJ is free to appoint whoever to whatever especially depending on the demands of the job. For example, when he appointed the current INEC Chairman even though he has never met him before all his life, we all sang his praise. In addition, when he reshuffled the last troubled cabinet, we all saw sense in his action. I believe appointing Mrs Bianca Ojukwu as Special Assistant, Diaspora Affairs isn't totally a lame move as some commentators will make us believe. Rather, Bianca could readily be remembered first as former miss Nigeria and now wife of Biafran Warlord , Odumegu Ojukwu. It takes someone who has some influence to be involved in diaspora Affairs. What do you think? Secondly, On the importance of every comment, I know some people are too emotionally involved when sharing their sentiments but, we should not tear GEJ or his families who has access to this site with our words,let's build one another up. God bless Nigeria.

Chei! Are you serious? What are the embassies doing? And what influence exactly is it that she needs, free Delta flight discounts or bringing diasporans home? Didn't you hear that the cost of running government needs to be reduced? What next? Facebook media relations officers and adviser.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 27, 2011
2sleek2NV:

And you begin to wonder what a complete house wife and Ex-beauty queen knows about Diaspora.

Or is it cos she knows a handful of some foreign countries and their Capitals?  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry
Only in Nigeria bros,only in naija.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Intrepid1(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2011
Chei! Are you serious? What are the embassies doing? And what influence exactly is it that she needs, free Delta flight discounts or bringing diasporans home? Didn't you hear that the cost of running government needs to be reduced? What next? Facebook media relations officers and adviser.

Well said, lad!

Lucky is completely clueless on how to turn Nigeria's fortunes around. His hobnobbing with the most inept, corrupt Governors in the land in his desperate bid to retain power shows him up for who he is. 'Masturbatin.g in the corridors of Power'
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by yiboboy: 9:57am On Jan 27, 2011
Chei, Ojukwu don suffer, ontop all the thing wey happen 2 am, GEJ still wants 2 chop his wifey?!? Ahhhhhhhhh, wahala dey oooh!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Htown64(m): 10:00am On Jan 27, 2011
chiozor:

I support GEJ but with this move he has definite hit the final nail on his coffin of foolishness.If he need an assistant fro Dispora there are many senior staffs in the Foreign Affairs Ministry with the experience that could do that as part of their official duties.why Bianca, why not other people from APGA. I see this as shyt move angry
"coffin of foolishness" ;-D Walahi GEJ has lost it all with this last move of his. Why appoint a woman who naturally is suppose to be the senior nurse to her sick husband?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by dinggle: 10:02am On Jan 27, 2011
You guys ain't seen nothing yet.
More dump moves from GEJ on the way. GEJ is a push around the guy ain't got thick skin at all. OBJ wasnt the best but man to rule but he was bold! tht's what we are lacking, Nigeria is too big to have a weak presido. GEJ is so weak he cant even give orders to stop the killing of Igbos in the North or send the army to decent on the killers.
Buhari for president best choice we have for now!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by legba1(m): 10:05am On Jan 27, 2011
GEJ is dumb and am not suprise.he's a tooge and his principal will spell his doom.the appointment is to apease the igbos.and fellas you never can tell,their might as well be some ulterior motives to the move.that young lady still got fire and GEJ might just succeed chief!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by rhythyson: 10:08am On Jan 27, 2011
I pity Patience becos i smell Liwinsky   no be me talk am ooo i dey read am from one comic book wen my pickin dey read grin grin cool
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by icare1: 10:23am On Jan 27, 2011
but Bianca is a nigerian, a lawyer, a beauty queen, wife of a prominent retired general a mother so what is wrong with her taking bgovt positions? so is she the least qualified in gej cabinet.

insinuation must be proper and tidy.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 27, 2011
diaspora, wtf
should she not be busy with her sick husband or are they telling us something we dont know
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by blacksta(m): 10:26am On Jan 27, 2011
Where is beaf  - when is he going to address this latest blunder from our unstable , expensive, over bloated presido. grin
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by ifyalways(f): 10:37am On Jan 27, 2011
I can't help but laugh oooo cheesy
Minister for Diasporas lolzzzz
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by semid4lyfe(m): 10:38am On Jan 27, 2011
She's Nigerian, a wife and mother, a law graduate of the University of Nigeria Nsukka, a fomer practising lawyer and one of the few beauty queens with brains we've had in this country.  She's qualified to be appointed as a Special Assistant.

I nor see wetin all the ranting and hullabaloo dey about. My only reservation is this only increases the size of the government and it's recurrent expenditure. GEJ should work towards reducing it and not increasing it.

Most of these special advisers/assistants are not necessary IMO undecided
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by 2makesense: 10:40am On Jan 27, 2011
this is definitely not a smart move!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by GNBohr: 10:40am On Jan 27, 2011
We are in a lost country, we might as well forget to live.

Everything has now become padi-padi.

Oh my people, expect nothing from this government so that ye shall not be disappointed.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by JahMan1: 10:41am On Jan 27, 2011
Have we considered why he made the other appointments aside that of Bianca?
Was it also to get votes from those regions?
If what 'we' say about the Igbos is true,I guess he'll get more votes by sharing money than giving the wife of their respected 'leader' an appointment.

Personally,I am waiting for the drama to unfold finally.Let the other contestants name their running mates before I decide on who to vote for.

Ribadu lacks political experience,if he appoints some credible person with political clout,fine.My suggestions in the south are Fashola and Ngige.But then,why has Ribadu suddenly become friends with Tinubu?The same man he was chasing with his so called damning evidences of corruption.hmmmmmm!
Buhari 'we' believe will take the anti-corruption crusade far(hope we are correct in that assessment),but he's an extremist.He needs an administrator/technocrat and/or serious minded christian as running mate.I also suggest the likes of Tunde Bakare or Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
If both of them fail me on this,then I will gladly vote my GEJ.
From all indications,who said his ascendancy to the exalted position is not an act of God?When could a Niger Delta person have become the president of this country?Not even militancy could have given it to them,and even if so,not given to someone as 'weak' as GEJ.
Let's watch and pray.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by oludashmi(f): 10:48am On Jan 27, 2011
i care:

but 1. Bianca is a nigerian, 2. a lawyer, a beauty queen, 3. wife of a prominent retired  general 4. a mother 5. so what is wrong with her taking bgovt positions? so is she the least qualified in gej cabinet.

insinuation must be proper and tidy.
1. And so?
2. How many years did she practise and in which chambers
3. every prominent retired general in Nigeria has a wife or wives, should they be considered too?
4. the first mother in the world or the last
5. Everything is wrong with the position . . .from the unnecessary and undefendable position, to the title, to the cost.

@ topic
I am not surprised GEJ is acting this way
Or what do you all expect from him?

blacksta:

Where is beaf  - when is he going to address this latest blunder from our unstable , expensive, over bloated presido. grin
Could it be that he has covered himself somewhere?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by DOnlooker(m): 10:54am On Jan 27, 2011
Ok, lets make a run down of this new development. With immediate effect, Bianca will immediately be flown down to Abuja, a posh apartment should be ready and furnished, an executive car has already been arranged, a driver is standing at attention with at the minimum a police constable or MOPO, Of course there's security manning the gates even before the announcement has been made. A secretary and or a personal assistant to our new special assistant is already painting her nails in the newly and hastily arranged office with latest computers and other communication gadgets ( she has to be able to reach the presido at lightening fast speed na ). Lets try to ignore the probable hefty welcome Allowance to help Madam settle down to her job. We may never know how much she will take home monthly for her ''services'', of course the servants and house-helps must be taken care of too.  
All these for what
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Ikwikwikwi(m): 10:55am On Jan 27, 2011
you all can go and hang, Bianca just got hired, and she merits it. Because she is married to the most respected living Igbo man is enough to spark these rantings, please yourselves and write all you can. who cares.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by blayz0923: 11:01am On Jan 27, 2011
was this office allotted to bianca just pop up or its case of wanting to create additional wealth for teeming rich?.

i think its tym in this country we all speak up, the govt cant keep creating offices just to enrich friends of friends, its crazy and absurd.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Akainzo(m): 11:06am On Jan 27, 2011
Soon, very soon, our time for the Tunisian experience shall surely come!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by oludashmi(f): 11:14am On Jan 27, 2011
blayz0923:

was this office allotted to bianca just pop up or its case of wanting to create additional wealth for teeming rich?.

i think its tym in this country we all speak up,  the govt cant keep creating offices just to enrich friends of friends, its crazy and absurd.

Its among the new offices popping up under GEJ regime. . .soon, we will have special senior assistant and adviser on GEJ facebook friendship (sighs).
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by blayz0923: 11:24am On Jan 27, 2011
The creation of such office is in whos interest? well, i pray i bcome president real soon, i will employ all my friends and thier wives as advisers and assistant advisers to advisers,

Rubbish.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Bawss1(m): 11:26am On Jan 27, 2011
kcjazz:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by 13volts(m): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2011
i dey laugh
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Ericology(m): 11:35am On Jan 27, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Probity100
Pray, why is that so?
So anything connected to Ojukwu is not electable. Is that it?

You guys should call a spade a spade and stop p00sy-footing.

I hope Ndigbo don't get intimidated by hypocrites.

GEJ could have done the same thing for HID Awolowo if she were young enough.
She appointed Yar adua's family member, didn't he?

The man is trying to unite Nigeria.  cool

Onlytruth, as a fellow Nwa afo Igbo i ve been following your posts since i joined this community and have always enjoyed your fiery support of Ndigbo but please, its about time you became open minded and stop seeing everything with sectional eyes, GEJ has been churning out one dumb move after another, What has Bianca done to warrant such post if not for political reasons? There are many Igbo daughters , technocrats all over the world who have proven their mettles in every field, This is just another dumb political stunt which shows hes still clueless,,,,,, make no mistake, am neither Atiku nor Buhari supporter but still believe we deserve something better than all these yeye men calling the shots in this country
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by lynxnoon(m): 11:38am On Jan 27, 2011
GEJ is as dumb as d stupid advisers around him angry angry
Special Senior Adviser on Diaspora Affairs!!!! What Da Heck?!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by creamyswit(f): 11:45am On Jan 27, 2011
silly move, naija ooo,wahala dey,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George / Igbo VS Yoruba: EgusiSoup / INEC Suspends Announcement Of Results In Imo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.