Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant (15915 Views)

Buhari Appoints Visually-Challenged Ode-Ankeli As Special Assistant / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / Jonathan Appoints Alhassan Yakmut As NSC DG (To Replace Gbenga Elegbeleye) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by juman(m): 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2011
Next presidential election, President Jonathan has no oponent. The opposition is not serious.
Definitely he will surely win easily and galantly.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by rhymz(m): 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2011
Let us get something straight here, that portfolio is not a new creation, it was there before, infact, Abiola's daughter was the one heading it until this announcement. I am Igbo myself and am passionate about my Identity but I dont think there is any justification for that position in the 1st place. The issue here is not Bianca's appointment( because any political strategist will tell u it has its point if u look at the potentials of such to his acceptance to the igbos) the problem here is why do we ve such an office in the first place. It is causing so much uproar now because it is Bianca, Ojukwu's wife. People should take a chill pill and argue with perspective, all these issues about GEJ wanting to habe Bianca is preposterous and the forte of mentally lazy ppl that would rather indulge in small talks than intelligently analysing issues.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by soldee: 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2011
rhymz:

Let us get something straight here, that portfolio is not a new creation, it was there before, infact, Abiola's daughter was the one heading it until this announcement. I am Igbo myself and am passionate about my Identity but I dont think there is any justification for that position in the 1st place. The issue here is not Bianca's appointment( because any political strategist will tell u it has its point if u look at the potentials of such to his acceptance to the igbos) the problem here is why do we ve such an office in the first place. It is causing so much uproar now because it is Bianca, Ojukwu's wife. People should take a chill pill and argue with perspective, all these issues about GEJ wanting to habe Bianca is preposterous and the forte of mentally lazy ppl that would rather indulge in small talks than intelligently analysing issues.

If we could trust GEJ to reason even partially on your level, I'm sure this thread would not exist!

ROFLMAO!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by DanEmzo(m): 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
Wat,z the difference b\t foreign and diaspora?, Our pressident was't attendin Englih classes in schol,Wat a pity,an illiterate rules Naija.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2011
Special Assistant on Diaspora affairs? What the hell is that? And what makes Bianca an expert on Nigerians living abroad?

This is not even about Bianca, it's about this Goodluck guy. He is looking more and more incompetent by the day.

This is cronyism at it's most ridiculous. Does he need a Special Assistant on Isi ewu and pepper soup as well?

Nonsense.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by masterj1: 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2011
I am absolutely convinced that GEJ is somewhat disillusioned! what diaspora matters are we talking about? even if that is not senseless enough , why would it be a certain Bianca Ojukwu?!! if he wants to help the ailing man, he should just send him cash (he is becoming very good at that anyway!)
Gosh! i had so much hope in this guy (being the first truly literate leader we had and also a christian with at least a modicum of moral and conscience to go with it) phew!!!!. Another dashed hope for our country. where is my international passport? got to dust it men!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by blacksta(m): 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2011
rhymz:

You have obviously missed a large chunk of the thread  - Please refer to pages 1 to 5 . The issue here is not about Bianca but more focused at the unsustainable money spending by  the GEJ administration even after many warning from his peers, CBN and other international Monetary organisations  to reduce recurrent expenses - are you aware that  Nigeria spends 25% if not less of its budget on capital investments while the remaining 75% is eaten by administration.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by JahMan1: 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2011
Again,

Have we considered why he made the other appointments aside that of Bianca?
Was it also to get votes from those regions?
If what 'we' say about the Igbos is true,I guess he'll get more votes by sharing money than giving the wife of their respected 'leader' an appointment.

Personally,I am waiting for the drama to unfold finally.Let the other contestants name their running mates before I decide on who to vote for.

Ribadu lacks political experience,if he appoints some credible person with political clout,fine.My suggestions in the south are Fashola and Ngige.But then,why has Ribadu suddenly become friends with Tinubu?The same man he was chasing with his so called damning evidences of corruption.hmmmmmm!
Buhari 'we' believe will take the anti-corruption crusade far(hope we are correct in that assessment),but he's an extremist.He needs an administrator/technocrat and/or serious minded christian as running mate.I also suggest the likes of Tunde Bakare or Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
If both of them fail me on this,then I will gladly vote my GEJ.
From all indications,who said his ascendancy to the exalted position is not an act of God?When could a Niger Delta person have become the president of this country?Not even militancy could have given it to them,and even if so,not given to someone as 'weak' as GEJ.
Let's watch and pray.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by juman(m): 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2011
@Jah Man
Tell your boss that Nigeria will definitely break soon. There are all indications to this. When? God knows. Except they perform. PDP MUST deliver.
Our leaders, all kinds of leaders (traditional, religious, political, tribal and regional elders) have failed us. They don't know that they are our mini god. They suppose to be our light and guide. They failed totally.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by jovi: 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2011
I have never liked Jonathan--not just because of this appointment, He may be good at heart, but he is not meant to lead, I on my part, would love to see a Buhari-Utomi co-alition, This may not happen Iknow, I know, (before u guys eat me raw undecided.)Cause for one Buhari does not /cannot seem to hide the fact that he does not like christians, but just think about it, His political experience, and to capture northern votes and Utomi's brains, that would be real cool,
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by jovi: 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2011
And also, Yes, Bianca is a Lawyer, ex-beauty queen, e.t.c, but her husband is also very ill now, even if he just died today., (God forbid)she needs sometime to Mourn, How on earth do you give an appointment to someone whom has a very ill spouse, We dont even know when Ojukwu will be out of hospital, if G.J is truly a christian, then how is he promoting family values with this move?, mind you, I would say same if it was a male, befor the female rights people start,
Sorry Mr President but this is NOT an intelligent move,
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by juman(m): 4:12pm On Jan 27, 2011
President Jonathan behaves anyhow, he does't care what masses feel, he actually know that he will win election. The people around him are "illiterates" they are political toddler.

PDP is a party in power for 12 years and nothing to show for it.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Guyman02: 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2011
Lets give her the chance to prove herself. If her husband accepts the offer as good for the family inspite of his present condition, fine. Pls STOP castigating her or GEJ, no one spits out honey when it is dropped into your mouth.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Tokotaya: 4:30pm On Jan 27, 2011
Can somebody please send this thread to Mr President or one of his numerous advisers? It will give him an idea just how loved he has become in just one year. He has virtually frittered away all the goodwill he had in the beginning.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by matazzmagi(m): 4:39pm On Jan 27, 2011
World can now see that we are not one nation. Very selective ethnic individuals who feel scared of a target population en masse because of their origin; ancestry, region of emergence - identity,
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by kcng: 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2011
Jonathan the sexy guy, lol the guy don dey anticipate ojuku death. so he can start doggieing his wife lol. who know if them don dey do am sef. Nigerians can be so slow, Jonathan go finish Nigeria's oil money on chicks that guy like orgys haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by wesley80(m): 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2011
I see u guys are having an absolute feast on Inanity! well what can I say? ride on people, its all yours. But please remember; Every single vote counts including one that was surely going for APGA before now. Believe me, that One vote is very weighty!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by jason123: 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2011
matazzmagi:

World can now see that we are not one nation. Very selective ethnic individuals who feel scared of a target population en masse because of their origin; ancestry, region of emergence - identity,

Abeg shut it!!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by maclatunji: 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2011
I do not think any critically ill husband would be happy about his beautiful wife being given a political appointment when he needs all the care he can get from her.

This is yet another tactical blunder from the Jonathan camp.

It is obvious that the Ikemba loves his wife very much, she should not be snatched from him at his point of need for political reasons.

As a dutiful wife, she should decline the appointment point blank.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by itsmayiela(m): 4:50pm On Jan 27, 2011
it's high time president JEGA visited Yaba left or Uselu. He really needs a Psykia 4 deliverance
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by matazzmagi(m): 4:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
@jason123 you should shut it up were the sun dont shine!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by DeeJay20: 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2011
soldee:

First-lady-in-waiting

Jona don go learn Chess o

Ooohhhhhh Dude that sooooooooooo not nice!!!

What are you trying to say, that Patience is gonna take a tumble?

Dude lets not goo there,
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by DeeJay20: 5:31pm On Jan 27, 2011
ideylaff:

My fellow NL members, look at it this way, looking @ Patience, you can tell she does not give GEJ any more BJ's since she is busy with state affairs and getting older by the day as well.

GEJ needed to freshen up his sex life and so was advised to bring in someone with experience of looking after Older people.

IN the middle of the usual late night Aso Rock SUYAING AND PEPPERSOUPING her name was dropped and there you go,  "Fimile Baby Fimi Le" lipsrsealed

Your new Diaspora Ambassador,  Yellow just like Oyinbo,  wink

Expect Facebook SSA as well very soon,  embarassed

Awon Oloshi Gbo Gbo,

NB/POC as per your post above: @Ma_J_Blige , weda na Minista or na Senior Special Adviser or Advisor or SSA, or SSAX 2>>>>> all of dem na de same, cos dey do F >>>>k alll now and get padi fpr norin norin, LOL

Abi I lie,

Dude abeg make i no laught too much!!! grin grin grin

all these my Oyinbo staff for my office go think say
i dey play too much for work-station !!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by 13volts(m): 5:37pm On Jan 27, 2011
kcng:

Jonathan the sexy guy, lol the guy don dey anticipate ojuku death. so he can start doggieing his wife lol. who know if them don dey do am sef. Nigerians can be so slow, Jonathan go finish Nigeria's oil money on chicks that guy like orgys haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

He probbaly herad Bianca is an expert in giving Mouth Gig. Why blame him the guy needs some ex beauty style massaged, handjob and Mouth Gig from masseur
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by JimmyBoy1: 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2011
Honestly, my support for President Jonathan has been blindly based on what I percieve to be a grace of God upon his life, as God pulled him out of the creeks and made him president of this great nation almost effortlessly. So I somehow think that the same Grace will extend to the country and we will be pulled out of the woods and taken to leadership position in the committee of Nations.

Beyond this, I honestly do not see the required human capability in him, but my bible also says that "by strength shall no man prevail"

God bless
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Donmeca(m): 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2011
from violet

Could you elaborate a bit more on what you think the office of Special Adviser on Diasporan affairs will handle differently from the offices of Minister of Foreign Affairs?

In d same vein sir, cud u explain what the office of Special Adviser on Niger delta affairs wud handle differently from the offices of minister of ND?

I took time to read comments here and i got confused. . . y yab GEJ strictly on one appointment when he made like four of them simultaneously? Is it because he created a brand new office? appointed a woman? cos it is a former beauty queen? cos it is Bianca, igbo, Ojukwu's wife, from Apga? Her husband is sick?

Just tell me y people did not criticize d appointments generally but chose to restrict it to the office Ojukwu's wife wud occupy? We lack objectivity on dis site, among our youths and in d nation generally. We chose to throw away d baby with d bathwater and it backfires on us.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2011
Adviser on Diaspora affairs, Pls tell whats her role and how is it different from Foreign affairs.

No wonder BEAF is vehement in his support.

By April we would have Special adviser on nairaland affairs: BEAF

Speacial Adviser on Gulder and Peppersoup: Dayokanu

Speacial Adviser on Romantic Affairs: Mr BrownJay
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by POTUT(m): 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2011
On reducing the size of government, is GEJ headed in the right direction?

I'm skeptical.

On wisdom of appointing a conspicuous figure like Bianca when her husband is critically ill?

If I have wisdom, this is not part of my belongings.

On frittering away his goodwill?

Far from the truth. Many unexposed Nigerians will still vote for him because these issues of govt size doesn't bother them.

But please, GEJ should ignore his numerous political advisers for a moment, wear danchiki and board danfo to see that what they tell him is often not true.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by wesley80(m): 8:35pm On Jan 27, 2011
@Donmeca,
Thanks a lot, common sense seems to have been badly eroded in NL these days, nice to see some1 that still has his intact.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Pharoh: 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
Donmeca:

from violet
In d same vein sir, cud u explain what the office of Special Adviser on Niger delta affairs wud handle differently from the offices of minister of ND?

I took time to read comments here and i got confused. . . y yab GEJ strictly on one appointment when he made like four of them simultaneously? Is it because he created a brand new office? appointed a woman? cos it is a former beauty queen? cos it is Bianca, igbo, Ojukwu's wife, from Apga? Her husband is sick?

Just tell me y people did not criticize d appointments generally but chose to restrict it to the office Ojukwu's wife wud occupy? We lack objectivity on dis site, among our youths and in d nation generally. We chose to throw away d baby with d bathwater and it backfires on us.

I have always said it that peoples hatred for Goodluck and PDP has beclouded their objectivity and it is a very worrisome trend in our nation.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by violent(m): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2011
Donmeca:

from violet

The trend on this thread is not solely on GEJ's appointment of Bianca, I believe most people on here are actually concerned about the relevance of those offices and what it will cost tax payers to sustain such.  Ojukwu's wife's appointment naturally drew attention and rightfully so, considering her husband's health status.  Additionally, it wouldn't be too much to question the President's judgement on appointment of Bianca Ojukwu given that the lady has almost no claim to experience in diplomatic issues, neither has she held positions that call for speedy Judgment, should we not be worried that our President is making appointments to suit his own selfish Political agenda at the expense of tax payers?

How long till Goodluck makes a bad luck of the national treasury from his ill informed spending habits?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by anonimi: 9:04pm On Jan 27, 2011
Pharoh:

I have always said it that peoples hatred for Goodluck and PDP has beclouded their objectivity and it is a very worrisome trend in our nation.

and these posters are too "smart, cool, comfortable" etc to queue up, register and vote so why should GEJ, PDP or any other SERIOUS politician bother about their opinion or hatred

violent:

should we not be worried that our President is making appointments to suit his own selfish Political agenda at the expense of tax payers?

How long till Goodluck makes a bad luck of the national treasury from his ill informed spending habits?

And who are you ("we"wink, if I may ask?
How many votes can you deliver to make Goodluck president of Nigeria come April 2011? Are you even registered to vote?
The man is doing what he needs to do to please those who will "mobilise" your househelps and other workers to vote for him on your BEHALF. Then he can determine how much you pay as taxes or he collects from corporate organisations in your name and how to spend it with his legislooter collaborators etc.
Shine your eyes. register to vote and become relevant as a voting bloc wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain / How Buhari Is Hurting Nigeria’s Electoral Process (Vanguard) / El-Rufai’s Plan To Establish Emirates In Southern Kaduna Will Cause Crisis- CNNC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.