Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant (15918 Views)

Buhari Appoints Visually-Challenged Ode-Ankeli As Special Assistant / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / Jonathan Appoints Alhassan Yakmut As NSC DG (To Replace Gbenga Elegbeleye) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by marcus1234: 9:14pm On Jan 27, 2011
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by violent(m): 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2011
And who are you ("we"wink, if I may ask?
How many votes can you deliver to make Goodluck president of Nigeria come April 2011? Are you even registered to vote?
The man is doing what he needs to do to please those who will "mobilise" your househelps and other workers to vote for him on your BEHALF. Then he can determine how much you pay as taxes or he collects from corporate organisations in your name and how to spend it with his legislooter collaborators etc.
Shine your eyes. register to vote and become relevant as a voting bloc

I am a Nigerian and my one vote entitles me to good governance without bias, one who is able to manage and allocate the country's resources efficiently enough to create opportunities for Nigerians everywhere and reassure and deliver a safe environment where the young and old are unafraid.

So far, Goodluck is just not the man to fulfill my dreams {no homo intended}
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by software(m): 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2011
What were we expecting from him? Una go soon see Minister of Asorock
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by anonimi: 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2011
violent:

I am a Nigerian and my one vote entitles me to good governance without bias, one who is able to manage and allocate the country's resources efficiently enough to create opportunities for Nigerians everywhere and reassure and deliver a safe environment where the young and old are unafraid.

So far, Goodluck is just not the man to fulfill my dreams {no homo intended}

your one vote from the UK or where?
And so much about entitlement without clout
Your president and legislooters owe you and your likes, who can't/won't vote NOTHING - Sorry no entitlements please. You need to earn your life and the goodies you expect. that's how it's done in the UK, right?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by mrperfect(m): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2011
This is an interesting Head line.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Lakeside247(m): 10:25pm On Jan 27, 2011
Hospital Bills have to come from somewhere now.

This is 9ja.

UP GEJ, UP NIGERIA.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by decogrin(m): 12:20am On Jan 28, 2011
Hmm! GEJ @ tymz seems 2 me a laissez-faire leader who is acting on impulse or command, BIANCA OJUKWU KO,BIANCA SIMMONE NI[color=][/color]
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by geosegun(m): 12:34am On Jan 28, 2011
I think this is a calculated attempt to win some votes in the south eastern states. remember, he just lost erstwhile minister of information and communication , Prof. Dora Akunyili, who is of Igbo extraction. The only thing to do is to appoint another formidable and enticing enigma who can draw a certain level of influence form this(south east) region. This is another way of telling Ojukwu and the APGA supporters that he still cares no matter which side they belong.

THIS IS A SIMPLE BUT CALCULATIVE POLITICAL MOVE THAT WILL SHAKE THE IGBOS. WAIT AND SEE AS THE DRAMA UNFOLDS IN THE COMING MONTHS.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by VolvoS60(m): 12:55am On Jan 28, 2011
I have said time and again that a country gets the leaders it deserves. This may seem harsh or unnecessarily provocative but its the truth.

No one should feign surprise at what is going on. At the heart of any functional democracy is one thing: accountability.

This accountability (of the leaders to the led) is missing in this republic. It has been missing in all the governments this country has had for 5 decades now. And without it, we are nothing and will never get to where we want to be.

Sadly, with each new government that comes in, the odds of getting the relationship right are getting smaller and smaller because the Citizens Action which is needed to FORCE that accountability is nowhere to be found.

The truth of the matter is that the PDP is not accountable to any of us. That, my friends, is the awful truth. It owes us nothing. It came into power by its own hands and a sprinkling of votes by some very gullible individuals who (hopefully) have now learnt the error of their ways. But it is not a people’s government. And since it is not, it would be asking too much expecting it to function like one.

Look at this: the-PDP led federal government has been publicly told by a committee of its own men (in a very rare moment of truth and candour) that the economy is breaking under the burden of a bloated, corpulent bureaucracy. And yet the sinecures continue, full speed ahead.

What does this mean? I’ll tell you what it means. By its actions, the PDP is telling all of us:

"Do your worst. We have (political) debts and favours to grant and/or call in. If in our horse-trading, we create a bureaucracy which becomes a deadweight on the economy and drowns it, then SO BE IT. After all, you are our slaves and are no better than the damned."

Before anyone thinks this is just about Mrs Ojukwu, let me say it is not just about her. It is about her appointment and ALL the other appointments that are simply not fit for purpose. You all know what I’m talking about - The Special Boards of Enquiry, the Presidential Task Forces, The Special Envoys, The Presidential Advisory Groups, the Senior Special Assistants/Advisers, the Special Councils etc. This has been on for over 3 decades and unfortunately the GEJ administration has continued with this dishonourable tradition.

But people, do not be fooled: contrary to what most of us here think, the GEJ-led PDP government knows EXACTLY what it is doing. It knows what it wants. The big question is: do we?

In three months time, this same question will be asked of us all. Kindly have your answers ready.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by jason123: 12:59am On Jan 28, 2011
VolvoS60:

I have said time and again that a country gets the leaders it deserves. This may seem harsh or unnecessarily provocative but its the truth.

No one should feign any surprise at what is going on. At the heart of any functional democracy is one thing: accountability.

This accountability (of the leaders to the led) is missing in this republic. It has been missing in all the governments this country has had for 5 decades now. And without it, we are nothing and will never get to where we want to be.

Sadly, with each new government that comes in, the odds of getting the relationship right are getting smaller and smaller because the Citizens Action which is needed to FORCE that accountability is nowhere to be found.

The truth of the matter is that the PDP is not accountable to any of us. That, my friends, is the awful truth. It owes us nothing. It came into power by its own hands and a sprinkling of votes by some very gullible individuals who (hopefully) have now learnt the error of their ways. But it is not a people’s government. And since it is not, it would be asking too much expecting it to function like one.

Look at this: the-PDP led federal government has been publicly told by a committee of its own men (in a very rare moment of truth and candour) that the economy is breaking under the burden of a bloated, corpulent bureaucracy. And yet the sinecures continue, full speed ahead.

What does this mean? I’ll tell you what it means. By its actions, the PDP is telling all of us:

"Do your worst. We have (political) debts and favours to grant and/or call in. If in our horse-trading, we create a bureaucracy which becomes a deadweight on the economy and drowns it, then SO BE IT. After all, you are our slaves and are no better than the damned."

Before anyone thinks this is just about Mrs Ojukwu, let me say it is not just about her. It is about her appointment and ALL the other appointments that are simply not fit for purpose. You all know what I’m talking about - The Special Boards of Enquiry, the Presidential Task Forces, The Special Envoys, The Presidential Advisory Groups, the Senior Special Assistants/Advisers, the Special Councils etc. This has been on for over 3 decades and unfortunately the GEJ administration has continued with this dishonourable tradition.

But people, do not be fooled: contrary to what most of us here think, the GEJ-led PDP government knows EXACTLY what it is doing. It knows what it wants. The big question is, do we?

In three months time, this same question will be asked of us all. Kindly have your answers ready.

Thank you!!! Tell that to BEAF AND all the GJ supporters!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by 1025: 1:09am On Jan 28, 2011
soon, jonathan will appoint uwazurike's wife as special assistant on tissue matters.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by MaJBlige(f): 1:57am On Jan 28, 2011
VolvoS60:

No one should feign surprise at what is going on. At the heart of any functional democracy is one thing: accountability.

But people, do not be fooled: contrary to what most of us here think, the GEJ-led PDP government knows EXACTLY what it is doing. It knows what it wants. The big question is: do we?

I bet you are the one that is fit

All these foreigners make me sick the way and manner they spew nonsense.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by VolvoS60(m): 2:26am On Jan 28, 2011
ma dear Ma_J_Blige,

What's the 419? grin

Come now, I expected you to say a lot more than you did in your post.

If you think I'm not fit to be an adviser to the Federal Government, that's fine. Several people think so too. Hell, I think so too myself sometimes. tongue

I am amused you think I'm a "foreigner", because I'm not. I'm very much a Nigerian, just as I think and hope you are too. And as for the "spewing nonsense" bit in your post, its unfortunate you think that of me. My words represent my take on the burning issues we have. Its nothing personal against your principal. Not at all.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by yeswecan(m): 2:50am On Jan 28, 2011
Jonathan wants everyone on his side - he should do something right and quit playing politics.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by truly: 3:01am On Jan 28, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

I bet you are the one that is fit

All these foreigners make me sick the way and manner they spew nonsense.
Can you oblige us with a reasoned response instead of abuse? At least your GEJ does not abuse people
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by MaJBlige(f): 8:07am On Jan 28, 2011
^^^^

LOL. Where is the abuse in my comment.

You need to read it hundred times before you can understand?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by san26dy(f): 8:32am On Jan 28, 2011
Can someone list some of the job descriptions of a "Special Assistant"?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Demdem(m): 8:49am On Jan 28, 2011
hehehehehe grin grin grin i no fit shout
At least Nigerians in the diaspora will have reasons to smile now.
Clueless presido angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by babythug(f): 8:50am On Jan 28, 2011
I wonder what qualifications she could possibly have to deserve this position, and what in the world does "diaspora affairs" mean?

*SMH* this country sha,
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Demdem(m): 8:56am On Jan 28, 2011
^^^^ Thug Baby, welkom to nairaland. hope u are not what ur name suggest. We av a lot of them already on this forum.
Cheers smiley smiley
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by slimming: 9:02am On Jan 28, 2011
Positional leadership in Nigeria is not based on competence but compensation, and that is why corruption persist
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 28, 2011
Is GEJ trying to buy the ndigbo's, the next appointment will be first lady of te repulic lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by blacksta(m): 10:24am On Jan 28, 2011
Ma J Blige Your level of sycophancy is extra ordinary.

Just admit that GEJ is business as usual -and he is not bold enough to rock the steady, greasy and corrupt vessel

even after the Man was warned by Danjuma that size of government must be reduced at all cost - The man still no listen.

What does GEJ do - he responds by adding more layers of fat - 4 more advisers ( Not doing anything but earning salary, allowances)

Nigeria has 34 if not useless Ministries - haba
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Dreamchaser1(f): 10:50am On Jan 28, 2011
shocked :oMy oh my, this hatred for GEJ, is getting out of hand! I think this is a good appointment. The bianca I know is a very intelligent and well travelled woman, who is highly respected! At a time when other african countries are thinking of how to engage their diaspora, some nigerians don't understand why we should have an SA on diaspora affairs? I can't believe what I'm seeing here!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by UyiIredia(m): 10:54am On Jan 28, 2011
@ topic >>> i what capacity grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Pame(m): 10:55am On Jan 28, 2011
Dream chaser:

shocked :oMy oh my, this hatred for GEJ, is getting out of hand! I think this is a good appointment. The bianca I know is a very intelligent and well travelled woman, who is highly respected! At a time when other african countries are thinking of how to engage their  diaspora, some nigerians don't understand why we should have an SA on diaspora affairs? I can't believe what I'm seeing here!!

gbam!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by blacksta(m): 11:06am On Jan 28, 2011
Dream chaser:

shocked :oMy oh my, this hatred for GEJ, is getting out of hand! I think this is a good appointment. The bianca I know is a very intelligent and well travelled woman, who is highly respected! At a time when other african countries are thinking of how to engage their diaspora, some nigerians don't understand why we should have an SA on diaspora affairs? I can't believe what I'm seeing here!!

You are missing the point - The grudge here is not about Bianca but more on the inept adminstration of GEJ that has blatantly dismissed repeated warnings from local and international monetary organisations in respect to the running cost of government in Nigeria. At the moment Nigeria spends 75% of the budget on adminstration. That kind of recurrent expense is unsustainable and it is toeing Nigeria in the line of bankruptcy.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Dreamchaser1(f): 11:24am On Jan 28, 2011
@blacksta, nope I'm not missing the point I'm actually responding to what majority of the people on this thread are talking about. Yes I agree with you thay the cost of running our government is too much, so maybe people here can complain about the other appointments but I think that of diaspora affairs is necesary. BTW, you know the way Nigerians behave if GEJ reduces the number of political appointments, they would be the first to cry about under representation of their people in his government. If we want to move forward as a country we must walk first or even crawl before flying, this is the reality about the kind of people we are.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by django59(m): 11:36am On Jan 28, 2011
@becomerich;are u retarded?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Donmeca(m): 11:39am On Jan 28, 2011
violent:

The trend on this thread is not solely on GEJ's appointment of Bianca, I believe most people on here are actually concerned about the relevance of those offices and what it will cost tax payers to sustain such.  Ojukwu's wife's appointment naturally drew attention and rightfully so, considering her husband's health status.  Additionally, it wouldn't be too much to question the President's judgement on appointment of Bianca Ojukwu given that the lady has almost no claim to experience in diplomatic issues, neither has she held positions that call for speedy Judgment, should we not be worried that our President is making appointments to suit his own selfish Political agenda at the expense of tax payers?

How long till Goodluck makes a bad luck of the national treasury from his ill informed spending habits?

. . .and almost no claims to the south east voters, so y cry "selfish political move" abt dis and not on other appointments. Who is that Igbo man/woman that will vote PDP cos of Bianca? I got worried reading ppl's posts as per experience. When Ufot Ekaette, his wife and son were pulling d strings, we saw it as normal, Yar'adua family are getting relevance cos of late shehu, no probs, OBJ became president cos of MKO, it's ok. Now Bianca is coming to political limelight prolly cos of civil war, we are shouting. . .pray, how do we bury d past if not by addressing it. GEJ is BRAVE!!!

EDIT: as for d cost of govt, Nigeria has bn running a bloated govt and it did not start with GEJ . . .d office may not even be brand new, so why d fuss?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by Donmeca(m): 12:03pm On Jan 28, 2011
geosegun:

I think this is a calculated attempt to win some votes in the south eastern states. remember, he just lost erstwhile minister of information and communication , Prof. Dora Akunyili, who is of Igbo extraction. The only thing to do is to appoint [b]another formidable and enticing enigma [/b]who can draw a certain level of influence form this(south east) region. This is another way of telling Ojukwu and the APGA supporters that he still cares no matter which side they belong.

THIS IS A SIMPLE BUT CALCULATIVE POLITICAL MOVE THAT WILL SHAKE THE IGBOS. WAIT AND SEE AS THE DRAMA UNFOLDS IN THE COMING MONTHS.

Oh please! who is voting PDP cos of Bianca or even Ojukwu? your formidable enticing enigma angle is totally laughable. For now, no one sees Bianca as relevant but how she handles dis post will go a long way in making her whatever she becomes. Let's quit reading fake meanings to simple actions. Every hurt region and player in certain govt actions have bn compensated/appeased by d FG. But no one has deemed it fit to give ojukwu a chance in national affairs. . .he is still seen backside d Biafran warlord, while Gowon is flying all over d world reppin naija and advising govt. For God's sake, they fought a war that pple are paying lip service to reconciliation. Ojukwu never started liked the war but was forced to fight to restore his pple's life and dignity. I see dis appointment as a BOLD move by the FG to truly burry the hatchet of the naija civil war. Recall he was the only presido MAN ENOF to appoint an Igbo man as COAS since the civil war ended. Are we truly one nation if we continue neglecting what someone like Ojukwu, with his experience, can offer this nation? Unfortunately, he's old and sick, so y not his wife?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ojukwu's Wife As Special Assistant by papabaks(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2011
GEJ please how can you justify this?

On This I TOTALLY disagree with you.

Please re-think.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I’m Not Seeking Asylum, Says Fani-kayode / How Buhari Is Hurting Nigeria’s Electoral Process (Vanguard) / Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.