Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61469 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by israelmao(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
You can only make decisions or act according to your level of knowledge.Let not flourishing and lucrative career deceive you even though it is good to possess good things of life."Christianity is not a religion.Religion is humans trying to work their way to God through good works.Christianity is God coming to men and women through Jesus Christ"You need Jesus,he loves you and he is always waiting for you to walk straight into his outstretched arms for warm embrace.Just think about it,what is next when this life ceases to be?Give eternality a consideration where time ceases to be,that is,where there is no end.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by BlackManta(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
Psoul:

What is God's religion.
If that was ur question, I will answer you that God's religion is Love
Love for all mankind.
Let's not go into philosophy to avoid some confusion and diversion of thread.
So the question you asked: Which religion is God
And What is God's religion are two different questions.

In other words the one true religion above all other religions is LOVE..

Too bad religious people don't believe so...they always threatening non believers with hell fire and brimstone if they don't accept Jesus, Muhammad, Vishnu, Buddha or whatever god or prophet they made up to be saviour of mankind.

Religion is bullshit

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Opeyemi4real(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!
I won't forget how He miraculously saved me from untimely death.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
Opeyemi4real:
I won't forget how He miraculously saved me from untimely death.

Hallelujah!

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by tunjijones(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
PRE4:
Christianity means Christ lifestyle,Religion means doctrination-i will urge you to embrace Christ and exhibit his lifestyle,Religion is just chaff and wont add meaning to your life neither is it a license to heaven.Relationship with JESUS CHRIST is the sweetest thing that can ever happen to a man.

What abt other religion? Or Christianity is the only way? If your answer is yes pls can you explain to me how u got convince that Christian is the only way? Pls be logical in ur answer that is if you will answer the question.

Thanks
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by AdeniyiA(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

Just be an ardent listener to TB Joshua on Emmanuel.tv and you're good to go.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Dantedasz(m): 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
pmoye:
Just wait for the herd from the deluded lands to come for you. Awon omo Daddy GOs won't like this post at all.

I have come to the conclusion that there's no way you'll be highly intelligent and at the same time be comfortable in any religion. This is simply because intelligence drives you to ask questions and you will never be satisfied with anyone asking you to use faith to bridge the gap of ignorance or to use faith to imagine the ignorance doesn't exist.

Religion is the tool of losers, those who have accepted the horrible fate forced upon them by their collective irresponsibility and fear. In fact, I believe the concept of heaven and paradise was either a mental contraption developed to make sense of man's suffering in his present state on earth, or a senseless imagination of someone on drugs.

Religion appears to be a lazy mind's tool to make sense of things loftier than himself. More like a tale told to a child to explain inconvenient phenomena. Like when a child asks you, "Mummy where do babies come from". Then the mother goes, "Santa Claus brings them".

Religion is the "Santa Claus brings them" which only serves the purpose of quietening the child for the time being, but is both illogical and useless.

Brilliant!

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Gilbertkwabena(m): 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!

Jesus Christ or whatever is just a name given to an imaginary being they made people believe existed. If he did existed truly, he didn't teach any of those nonsense in the bible bcuz those things in d bible are nothing but purely a man made stories. From the beginning of the time, many people have taught how to find god I'm urself bcuz there's no god, devil, heaven or hell anywhere other than in us. heaven is state of mind same as hell. Stop deceiving yourself on jesus or Mohammed... Those guys, if they lived truly, would only add or emphasize on the already tot messages by our fore fathers.

You know ure mad and brainwashed when u think jesus Christ is d way to some fictional heaven where u become some Angel flying around like mad man or believing Mohammed would lead u to heaven to meet some fictional virgin ladies and some foods...lols.

Enjoy ur life here, there is no fucking heaven or hell... The only real thing is Karma nd it doesn't come in heaven or hell form.

#KnowThySelf

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
I have a question for the "personal relationship" people. How do you have a personal relationship with a bloody thirsty, sadistic and incompetent being that only exists in your head?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Psoul(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
BlackManta:

Too bad religious people don't believe so...they always threatening non believers with hell fire and brimstone if they don't accept Jesus, Muhammad, Vishnu, Buddha or whatever god or prophet they made up to be saviour of mankind.

Religion is bullshit

Religion is not bullshit as u said.
Don't contradict yourself.

You just believe that there is a true religion-which is love
That means that Love is a religion
If you believe that love is a true religion and still say that religion is bullshit, I sees it as contradictory statement.

Any religion that fell short of preaching and practicing love is not a good religion.
Any religious person that fails to practice love that was taught in his religion is not a good religion follower.
Any person that believes in love and want the love only for himself is a selfish believer of love as a religion.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Gilbertkwabena(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
AdeniyiA:

Just be an ardent listener to TB Joshua on Emmanuel.tv and you're good to go.

He should listen a scammer nd mentally disorder man? Lols... I see ur his follower that's why u comment this.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
showafrica:

It happened.. what I dont know if i was the fake prists that were doing that however, it was the missionary that told them that there was nothing wrong with having twins. If it was the fake priests that were killing twins, why didnt the real priests preach against it and fight against it? Many things where wrong with the black gods then.
i did some research and it indicated that it happened back then in south central Nigeria which is the igbo side and it still said it ongoing even until now,according to the research, it said twins are abomination and stuff in their culture, but this doesn't generalize the whole of Africa.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by TheSourcerer: 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nowenuse:

Like seriously, where do you guys get all these pictures? To be sincere, even as a believer, Atheist pictures and words pierce my soul, cos they are purely reasonable.
wow means a lot coming from a believer , you sure you're theist , I can't fathom how you think Atheistic posts are reasonable (they are ) lol but coming from a believer that's a lot haha♥️♥️

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by tradetips: 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
Good for u
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
showafrica:

It happened.. what I dont know if i was the fake prists that were doing that however, it was the missionary that told them that there was nothing wrong with having twins. If it was the fake priests that were killing twins, why didnt the real priests preach against it and fight against it? Many things where wrong with the black gods then.
i did some research and it indicated that it happened back then in south central Nigeria which is the igbo side and it still said it ongoing even until now,according to the research, it said twins are abomination and stuff in their culture, but this doesn't generalize the whole of Africa,i also like to add this, the missionary that spoke against it didnt do it in line with religion, she spoke against abuse of right of existence.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Gilbertkwabena(m): 5:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
Psoul:

Religion is not bullshit as u said.
Don't contradict yourself.

You just believe that there is a true religion-which is love
That means that Love is a religion
If you believe that love is a true religion and still say that religion is bullshit, I sees it as contradictory statement.

Any religion that fell short of preaching and practicing love is not a good religion.
Any religious person that fails to practice love that was taught in his religion is not a good religion follower.
Any person that believes in love and want the love only for himself is a selfish believer of love as a religion.

Religion is an institution built by groups of scammers to enable them control the world. Go and read the history of how Christianity or Islam started .. Too much fowl play to prove it was all a planned thing to make human have a common religion so the ruling could be a lot more easier.

Nobody needs religion to be spiritual neither do you need religion to find the god in you. Religion has rather killed many people to finding the truth about who they're and what they're capable of. 98 out 100 religious people can describe heaven and tell lots about god than they can tell you about themselves. Just imagine, many of u doesn't know who ure despite seeing urself daily but u know who is up there that u never saw. Isn't that funny?

Wake up man...

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Gilbertkwabena(m): 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
TheSourcerer:
wow means a lot coming from a believer , you sure you're theist , I can't fathom how you think Atheistic posts are reasonable (they are ) lol but coming from a believer that's a lot haha♥️♥️

Atheism isn't a religion neither is it a group or a cult or sort like... Its just an individual who knows or believes there's no god or the definition of god can't be comprehended by an individual or a group of people.

Atheism post as u say is someone's personal view not d name atheism. In fact, in real life and in real things we're all atheist. For instance a Muslim scientist in the laboratory will put down his believes and deal with reality cuz ur blvs most times won't correspond with reality.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HappyPagan: 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Tsolutionifede:
The truth is, Jesus Christ is the standard for uprightness and complete moral guide.
Your standard. The Christian standard. 'Complete' and 'upright' are not what you'd describe the Christian moral guide as.. the moral Christian is a myth.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OOLUSOGA(m): 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Sir religion is MISLEADING but JESUS DOES NOT. John 14:6. Jesus is the SUREST to eternity
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by krushdripper(m): 6:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

I'm proud of you.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by DarkJeddi(m): 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
Religion is a SCAM.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Omoslim26: 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Brother! I am a JESUS BOY all the way!!

dey don't know that being a slave to Jesus Christ is the best thing that can happen to anyone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by DarkJeddi(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
israelmao:
You can only make decisions or act according to your level of knowledge.Let not flourishing and lucrative career deceive you even though it is good to possess good things of life."Christianity is not a religion.Religion is humans trying to work their way to God through good works.Christianity is God coming to men and women through Jesus Christ"You need Jesus,he loves you and he is always waiting for you to walk straight into his outstretched arms for warm embrace.Just think about it,what is next when this life ceases to be?Give eternality a consideration where time ceases to be,that is,where there is no end.
All what you wrote..

Where does it leave the Muslims,Hindus, Buddhists,Shintos, Traditionalists and Confuciusts?

Religion is an Opium..

Take your own dose and move on..

No be today we done dey hear stories.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OOLUSOGA(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
Gilbertkwabena:

Jesus Christ or whatever is just a name given to an imaginary being they made people believe existed. If he did existed truly, he didn't teach any of those nonsense in the bible bcuz those things in d bible are nothing but purely a man made stories. From the beginning of the time, many people have taught how to find god I'm urself bcuz there's no god, devil, heaven or hell anywhere other than in us. heaven is state of mind same as hell. Stop deceiving yourself on jesus or Mohammed... Those guys, if they lived truly, would only add or emphasize on the already tot messages by our fore fathers.

You know ure mad and brainwashed when u think jesus Christ is d way to some fictional heaven where u become some Angel flying around like mad man or believing Mohammed would lead u to heaven to meet some fictional virgin ladies and some foods...lols.

Enjoy ur life here, there is no fucking heaven or hell... The only real thing is Karma nd it doesn't come in heaven or hell form.

#KnowThySelf

May you have UNCOMMON ENCOUNTER with Jesus Christ soon. So your eyes of understanding will be opened. People like Paul persecuted Christians he called them names just like you do But in the book of Act 1:1-end he encountered Jesus Christ and since then he (Paul) PREACHED Jesus Christ throughout his lifetime. Give your life to HIM TODAY. Jesus loves you.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by LordReed(m): 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ericnrm:

I'm a huge fan of Terry Pratchett, have you read the Discworld series?

Sure. I have a few I haven't read yet, I will remedy that soon.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OOLUSOGA(m): 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Religion is a SCAM.. undecided

Agreed religion is a scam. But Jesus Christ is never a SCAM. So believe Him and you will be saved. He loves you. Stay blessed and stay safe.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by showafrica(m): 6:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
omoiyamayor:
i did some research and it indicated that it happened back then in south central Nigeria which is the igbo side and it still said it ongoing even until now,according to the research, it said twins are abomination and stuff in their culture, but this doesn't generalize the whole of Africa,i also like to add this, the missionary that spoke against it didnt do it in line with religion, she spoke against abuse of right of existence.

Naturally, human are wired to respect who says the truth and stand by it. The missionaries won, that was why they abandoned there gods.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by lawani: 6:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
BlackManta:

Religion is bullshit
Only Christianity and Islam threaten unbelievers with hell. Both should be banned by the UN.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by israelmao(m): 6:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
DarkJeddi:
All what you wrote..

Where does it leave the Muslims,Hindus, Buddhists,Shintos, Traditionalists and Confuciusts?

Religion is an Opium..

Take your own dose and move on..

No be today we done dey hear stories.. grin

This is the truth,it's more than a story.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OriOko88(m): 6:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
tunjijones:

What abt Russia and China?

You are just talking abt Christian forgetting that there are several other religions and even that Christianity you are talking about is divided into several denomination. Its so bad that pple from a certain church cant marry from another church.

Now I want to ask you a question? If your parent were not christian what are the chances that you wld be a christian today?
I am talking generally about religion, using Christianity as a case study. Even some countries develop based on d Islamic principles and are doing well. Eg UAE and Saudi Arabia. Just letting d op knows that religion is not really d problem of Africa but bad governance.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OriOko88(m): 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
tunjijones:

What abt Russia and China?

You are just talking abt Christian forgetting that there are several other religions and even that Christianity you are talking about is divided into several denomination. Its so bad that pple from a certain church cant marry from another church.

Now I want to ask you a question? If your parent were not christian what are the chances that you wld be a christian today?
I am talking generally about religion, using Christianity as a case study. Even some countries develop based on d Islamic principles and are doing well. Eg UAE and Saudi Arabia. Just letting d op knows that religion is not really d problem of Africa but bad governance. Even China is religious. We have Buddhism there
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omohlexy: 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
OriOko88:
Bull crap baldadash. You know nothing kid. Instead of you to be fighting for an egalitarian society in which rule of law and good governance prevails, you're ranting about religion. Is religion the cause of poverty in Africa? Is religion responsible for the poor governance we have in Nigeria or Africa? Infact religion opposes the oppression of the masses as well stated in the holy books

Let me tell you, most of the highly developed countries we have today, their foundation are based on the tenents of bible principles. UK, US, France, Italy, Germany are where they're today be cause of their believe in religion. US was established by respectable men of God like George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and other men of God. Today america motto is God bless america.
Even the greatest scientists the world ever had, many of them are from Christian backgrounds. Michael Faraday was a church organist, Isaac newton was a church chaplain, Robert Hook was a pastor, he helped built the Westminster abbey. Most of world inventions today are from Christian adherents. So be guided op. Religion has helped to bring morals,and discipline and not otherwise.
Fight for good leadership and governance and leave religion out of your misery.
you forgot to add Dubai. you forgot to tell us that the king of Dubai is a guitarist in the choir. You must be coming from RANT HQ.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law / Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.