Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner (29132 Views)

Real Madrid Confirm Signing Of Antonio Rudiger / Real Madrid Confirm Signing Of Eden Hazard From Chelsea On 5-Year Deal / Barcelona Confirm Signing Of Kevin-prince Boateng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by id911(m): 11:09am On Jun 18, 2020
Chelsea Football Club has reached an agreement with RB Leipzig to sign Timo Werner.

The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms with the Blues, and will remain at the German club for the rest of the Bundesliga season. He will link up with his new team-mates in July, subject to passing a medical examination.

One of the most feared young strikers in Europe, Werner is renowned for his pace, movement, link-up play and finishing ability. At Leipzig he has most often been deployed in a front two, but he can also play out wide in a front three or as the central striker.

He is currently enjoying the most profitable season of his career yet, having already scored 32 goals and registered 13 assists in 43 appearances in all competitions. After finding the net again against Fortuna Dusseldorf last night, he has two games remaining this season to improve on those numbers.

TIMO WERNER'S MESSAGE TO THE CHELSEA FANS

Werner said: ‘I am delighted to be signing for Chelsea, it is a very proud moment for me to be joining this great club. I of course want to thank RB Leipzig, the club and the fans, for four fantastic years. You will forever be in my heart. I look forward to next season with my new team-mates, my new manager and of course the Chelsea fans. Together we have a very successful future ahead of us.’

Marina Granovskaia added: 'We are very excited that Timo Werner has chosen to join Chelsea. He is a player who was coveted all over Europe and it is no surprise, he has that rare mix of being young and exciting and yet established and proven. We can’t wait to have Timo on board, but until then we wish him and RB Leipzig all the best for the rest of this season.'

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/06/18/timo-werner-transfer-agreed?cardIndex=0-0

15 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by AirFireEarthH20: 11:48am On Jun 18, 2020
Welcome to Chelsea Timo! Wish you the best of luck

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by kimjongJezebel: 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
AirFireEarthH20:
Welcome to Chelsea Timo! Wish you the best of luck

Na so... I hope he performs well in England like he did in Germany.

Lalasticlala I know you like this good news too

16 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by 88natzy(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Good to see you out perform in the Epl.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Lovexme(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
No one should mock Liverpool over this. He obviously wanted Liverpool, but Liverpool did not want him enough; couldn't afford him.

His need to leave Leipzig was more than his want to play for Klopp.

22 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Slawormir: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Korazzonn:
Tammy go still bench am
Bench wetin?
He be like say you nor know Timo Werner

I just dey pity for arsenal
Because he go score arsenal tire. He go rape arsenal without condom

Fear all those bundesliga player. the strikers!
You nor go see them for inside field o but when goals don dey enter you go dey hear commentator dey shout
Goal !! Lewandowski.
Goal !! Timo
Goal !! Muller

Especially that lewandowski. The day when i fear that guy na the day when he come from bench come score five goals within nine minutes
I shock
franugo:

Which match be DT again?
skyfather09:
bros which kind lie be this na
See them arsenal fans! Them don dey fear
Make una go check am na against Wolfsburg! He score five within nine minutes. Bayern Vs Wolfsburg

Make i put more fear for una mind:
Una know wetin Timo Werner and lewandowski dey do for a living?
Okay. Them dey score goal for a living.
Arsenal don die for Timo Werner hand!

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Bantino(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Good for Chelsea

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by donjazet(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nice one, Chelsea's starting lineup next season.
I think we are ready to challenge for the premier league title and of course, the UCL. cool

Up Chelsea

https://www.nairaland.com/920248/official-chelsea-fan-thread-2019/9085#90802720

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by jamesbawa(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Sweet!... Now we just need 1 more winger and two defenders. Our midfield is okay.

15 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by mzBEAM(f): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Another Alvaro Morata.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by ominilongest(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Korazzonn:
Tammy go still bench am
Bench KO
Stool Ni

5 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by drsteroid(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Welcome Timo! Chelsea needs one or two more prolific Strikers( I will suggest they try their luck with lewandowski) and a good goalkeeper to give kepa a good fight for that No1 position. Chelsea is going to be a force to reckon with in the coming season.

5 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Elove1: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Great Players flopping in Chelsea since 1678

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Salvador1: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Blues for life

Manure go hear am

Champions league qualification is a fight to finish.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by engrjacuzzi: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
I hope your name lands Chelsea FC trophies and laurels.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by wilemer: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
id9111:
Chelsea Football Club has reached an agreement with RB Leipzig to sign Timo Werner.

The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms with the Blues, and will remain at the German club for the rest of the Bundesliga season. He will link up with his new team-mates in July, subject to passing a medical examination.

good buy

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by BuhariNaWah: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
They will not still finish top 3.

Chelshit was a wrong choice.
You should have remained in Germany

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by OLDESTWARRIBOY4: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
mzBEAM:
Another Alvaro Morata.
If I head you ehh...you no face your team Arsenal wey dash man city 3 points yesterday.

Nice Signing, but abeg dem need centre back...tomori, christensen and fine boy zouma no go fil win league o, ona need one strong defender to lead like van dijk in liverpool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by NORSYK(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Werner and Ziyech plus pulusich will tear epl down next season and not forgetting Hudson Odoi

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Olatlaccon(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
England ain't moimoi... good luck though

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by tidalstorm(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Naxo Tammy Abraham don start dey chop bench.
angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by MrOjay1(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Very good signing for Chelsea.
He's fast,will fit perfectly into Chelsea's counter attacking system and he can play anywhere across the front three

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by EbukaHades10(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Welcome to the Premier league. Looking forward to doing battle on the pitch.

Good luck, Werner

.From a Liverpool fan.

#YNWA

10 Likes

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by MzMercie: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Cool
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Fheelzz(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
good one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ikpeba Wants Saka To Play For Super Eagles / Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm / Messi Equals Ronaldo Record Of Most Hat-Tricks Scored In La Liga History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.