Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:10 PM

Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner (29300 Views)

Real Madrid Confirm Signing Of Antonio Rudiger / Real Madrid Confirm Signing Of Eden Hazard From Chelsea On 5-Year Deal / Barcelona Confirm Signing Of Kevin-prince Boateng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by BlueAngel444: 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Havertz:
Good news remain havertz
shocked to play where?
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Decimus: 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
SirMichael1:
Liverpool has always been the big thing, ask Barca.
Thank God. We are no longer talking about quadruple, treble, double or being invincible again.
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Lovexme(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Anyone mocking Liverpool over Werner's transfer doesn't know the half of it and are clueless.

The dude desperately wanted to leave Leipzig. If Manchester City had come, he would have gone or at most gone to the next big thing

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by EbukaHades10(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Decimus:
Thank God. We are no longer talking about quadrauple, treble, double or being invincible again.
K bro

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by BlueAngel444: 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
Decimus:
Na one day dem go do all the deals? Good defenders are becoming increasingly difficult to get. Leicester is demanding 80m for chilwell
that was how one greedy team was quoting 80m for Haha, Chelsea have spent 80m on both Ziyech and Werner. cheesy grin
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by BlueAngel444: 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
Lostz:
is it our fault that there is no money at Liverpool?

Chelsea is the only English club with enough money to throw around this season
isn't united able to buy Sancho anymore cheesy
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by agukayode(m): 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
good one

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by BlueAngel444: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
Imefawulo:
Tammy and Timo..❤
Lol, it means don't worry wink
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by uunwanaobong3: 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
English FA is trying to start what they can not finish...................... From writing an inscription of "black lives matter" (a political inscription of a far left U.S Democrat) at the back of players jersey to forcing all players to take a knee (a political symbol), ..... According to FIFA law, political symbol and messages no matter how good it is should never be mixed with football, neither should any political message nor symbol be written on players jersey, that football belongs to all irrespective of your side of opinion.

It would have been better for English FA to used "say no to racism" than for them to use "black lives matter" (a political message) in premier league,....... Infact it would have been so perfect if the NHS was written in place of "black lives matter" in order to pay tribute to doctors who are currently at the Frontline saving lives of others and losing their own lives .............. Also it would have been much better for them to say that taking a knee should be optional rather than being compulsory for all players............. mixing football with politics is a very dangerous acts.............. infact FA should immidiately apologize for banning the use of poppy (a figure that seeks to honour world war 2 fallen hero soldiers) on players jerseys, because it is also for a noble cause ............................................. I wouldn't be surprised if players from now henceforth start to displays political figures and messages about various oppressive regime and evil act committed by their various government in their singlet and displaying them during matches (they will be justified in doing so, because it is also about a noble cause of freedom)......... I hope this will not bring about double standard, since political freedom messages can be express, I believe that no one should be denied freedom of expressing his own freedom political message.
And forcing everyone to kneel irrespective of their opinion is bad for a global fundamental human rights of freedom of taught and expression................... Football is a game for all (whether white, black, brown, purple etc) and the message displayed should be inclusive to all races,... Not pitting one race against another.............. AS FOR ME, "all lives matter"

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Franktom247(m): 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
Another incoming torres and morata loading just wear 19 like costa the igbo-brazil-spanish guy
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Decimus: 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
Angelfrost:

Can you blame the Foxes??!... After jobbing Man United for that bigheaded Englishman... They can smell desperation in big clubs, and are ready to go for the financial jugular.

You guys should look elsewhere... Must you go for ready made players??!... There are good defenders that won't cost you that much. Chilwell is just a bit overrated Imho!!!
They need ready made players in that defence, with what they've experienced this season. Other options are Telles and Tagliafico. The market is not easy, i just pity Arsenal and their fans.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Decimus: 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
Lostz:
is it our fault that there is no money at Liverpool?

Chelsea is the only English club with enough money to throw around this season
Liverpool still have enough to trigger his release clause. But it's the worth it to come and sit on the bench or to come destabilise the established 3
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by sosospence(m): 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
Welcome to Stamford bridge
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Malawian(m): 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
These are serious teams, not Arsenal begging their non scoring strikers to sign a new deal. If i was a football club manager, my players wont spend more than 4 years in my team before being moved on. The moment people get too comfortable, that is when the problems starts
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Angelfrost(m): 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
Decimus:
They need ready made players in that defence, with what they've experienced this season. Other options are Telles and Tagliafico. The market is not easy, i just pity Arsenal and their fans.

Well, whatever you guys do, just don't throw that kinda money on Ben Chilwell... He will most likely go the way of Drinkwater.
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Angelfrost(m): 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:
isn't united able to buy Sancho anymore cheesy

United??! Buy Sancho for 150 million??! Say wetin happen??!... Woodward will never release that kinda money!!!... They are yet to recover from the bad business of Pogba, Maguire and Lukaku!!! grin

Dortmund is not yet serious!!!... By the time the English kid hands them a transfer request and stops training, their eye go clear.
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Emax911: 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
drsteroid:
Welcome Timo! Chelsea needs one or two more prolific Strikers( I will suggest they try their luck with lewandowski) and a good goalkeeper to give kepa a good fight for that No1 position. Chelsea is going to be a force to reckon with in the coming season.

just go and sign Messi and Ronaldo finish

ingrate
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Mursz: 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
Welcome to stamford bridge Timo!. Ktbffh. We are Chelsea!

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by BlueAngel444: 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
Angelfrost:

United??! Buy Sancho for 150 million??! Say wetin happen??!... Woodward will never release that kinda money!!!... They are yet to recover from the bad business of Pogba, Maguire and Lukaku!!! grin

Dortmund is not yet serious!!!... By the time the English kid hands them a transfer request and stops training, their eye go clear.
don't underestimate the wood, such business is the kind he likes.

Not surprised with Dortmund's demand considering they sold Dembele for such amount

I'm sure united fans are like how can Chelsea buy Ziyech and Werner for 80m and Woodward buys Bruno for 60m and plans to spend at least double that figure for Sancho lmao

That Maguire deal though grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by BlueAngel444: 1:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
Decimus:
between Telles and Tagliafico who would you buy?
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by BlueAngel444: 2:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
uunwanaobong3:
English FA is trying to start what they can not finish...................... From writing an inscription of "black lives matter" (a political inscription of a far left U.S Democrat) at the back of players jersey to forcing all players to take a knee (a political symbol), ..... According to FIFA law, political symbol and messages no matter how good it is should never be mixed with football, neither should any political message nor symbol be written on players jersey, that football belongs to all irrespective of your side of opinion.

It would have been better for English FA to used "say no to racism" than for them to use "black lives matter" (a political message) in premier league,....... Infact it would have been so perfect if the NHS was written in place of "black lives matter" in order to pay tribute to doctors who are currently at the Frontline saving lives of others and losing their own lives .............. Also it would have been much better for them to say that taking a knee should be optional rather than being compulsory for all players............. mixing football with politics is a very dangerous acts.............. infact FA should immidiately apologize for banning the use of poppy (a figure that seeks to honour world war 2 fallen hero soldiers) on players jerseys, because it is also for a noble cause ............................................. I wouldn't be surprised if players from now henceforth start to displays political figures and messages about various oppressive regime and evil act committed by their various government in their singlet and displaying them during matches (they will be justified in doing so, because it is also about a noble cause of freedom)......... I hope this will not bring about double standard, since political freedom messages can be express, I believe that no one should be denied freedom of expressing his own freedom political message.
And forcing everyone to kneel irrespective of their opinion is bad for a global fundamental human rights of freedom of taught and expression................... Football is a game for all (whether white, black, brown, purple etc) and the message displayed should be inclusive to all races,... Not pitting one race against another.............. AS FOR ME, "all lives matter"
exactly "all lives matter"
It's like saying black lives didn't matter before. undecided
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Kaydeexotic(m): 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bench wetin?
He be like say you nor know Timo Werner

I just dey pity for arsenal
Because he go score arsenal tire. He go rape arsenal without condom

Fear all those bundesliga player. the strikers!
You nor go see them for inside field o but when goals don dey enter you go dey hear commentator dey shout
Goal !! Lewandowski.
Goal !! Timo
Goal !! Muller

Especially that lewandowski. The day when i fear that guy na the day when he come from bench come score five goals within nine minutes
I shock

See them arsenal fans! Them don dey fear
Make una go check am na against Wolfsburg! He score five within nine minutes. Bayern Vs Wolfsburg

Make i put more fear for una mind:
Una know wetin Timo Werner and lewandowski dey do for a living?
Okay. Them dey score goal for a living.
Arsenal don die for Timo Werner hand!

I had to go and check if what u said is true... You are right sha grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by ledaman: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
mzBEAM:
Another Alvaro Morata.
No German player's has ever flopped in Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by David525: 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
see below
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Blackfriday: 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bench wetin?
He be like say you nor know Timo Werner

I just dey pity for arsenal
Because he go score arsenal tire. He go rape arsenal without condom

Fear all those bundesliga player. the strikers!
You nor go see them for inside field o but when goals don dey enter you go dey hear commentator dey shout
Goal !! Lewandowski.
Goal !! Timo
Goal !! Muller

Especially that lewandowski. The day when i fear that guy na the day when he come from bench come score five goals within nine minutes
I shock

See them arsenal fans! Them don dey fear
Make una go check am na against Wolfsburg! He score five within nine minutes. Bayern Vs Wolfsburg

Make i put more fear for una mind:
Una know wetin Timo Werner and lewandowski dey do for a living?
Okay. Them dey score goal for a living.
Arsenal don die for Timo Werner hand!

grin grin grin why you dey put fear for arsenal fans like this nah
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Yoighaman(m): 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2020
id911:
Chelsea Football Club has reached an agreement with RB Leipzig to sign Timo Werner.

The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms with the Blues, and will remain at the German club for the rest of the Bundesliga season. He will link up with his new team-mates in July, subject to passing a medical examination.

One of the most feared young strikers in Europe, Werner is renowned for his pace, movement, link-up play and finishing ability. At Leipzig he has most often been deployed in a front two, but he can also play out wide in a front three or as the central striker.

He is currently enjoying the most profitable season of his career yet, having already scored 32 goals and registered 13 assists in 43 appearances in all competitions. After finding the net again against Fortuna Dusseldorf last night, he has two games remaining this season to improve on those numbers.

TIMO WERNER'S MESSAGE TO THE CHELSEA FANS

Werner said: ‘I am delighted to be signing for Chelsea, it is a very proud moment for me to be joining this great club. I of course want to thank RB Leipzig, the club and the fans, for four fantastic years. You will forever be in my heart. I look forward to next season with my new team-mates, my new manager and of course the Chelsea fans. Together we have a very successful future ahead of us.’

Marina Granovskaia added: 'We are very excited that Timo Werner has chosen to join Chelsea. He is a player who was coveted all over Europe and it is no surprise, he has that rare mix of being young and exciting and yet established and proven. We can’t wait to have Timo on board, but until then we wish him and RB Leipzig all the best for the rest of this season.'

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/06/18/timo-werner-transfer-agreed?cardIndex=0-0

Leipzig is the new Ajax...one of the most promising clubs to poach players from.

Congrats to him and well wishes to him at Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Ingredient88(m): 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
I am more than excited, very very happy to see him signing for Chelsea, I believe next season will be great. grin
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by YoungAncient1: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
I love the kind of transfer and the news surrounding Chelsea this season. Shows how much desperate we are at returning to the very top. We are not one of those *next season* team that spent over 80m on two players that can't even perform in the NNL.
KTBFFH
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by Bahamas95(m): 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
Chelsea need defenders now.

Zouma, Christensen and Alonso should be flushed out!
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by johnstar(m): 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
Elove1:
Great Players flopping in Chelsea since 1678
hazard? how va?
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by oloriLFC(f): 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
NORSYK:
Werner and Ziyech plus pulusich will tear epl down next season and not forgetting Hudson Odoi
yes. Tear down from 3rd place cos Liverpool and City aren't going down anytime soon [sub][/sub]
Re: Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner by SirMichael1: 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
Decimus:
Thank God. We are no longer talking about quadruple, treble, double or being invincible again.
That's right! We're talking about the greatest team winning the greatest league.

Fact check: World Club Cup is a trophy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's U23 Olympic Team Back In Nigeria / U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) / US Open 2018: Serena Williams Loses To Naomi Osaka In Controversial Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.