Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) (78823 Views)

Updates On Developments In Cross-river State-photos/videos / Updates On Developments In Kaduna State (Photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Abohboy: 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
Governor Umahi pays a working visit to check on progress of work at the soon to be opened Abakaliki Mall.

Work should be finished and the mall ready for use by November. The Mall will come with a full compliment of commercial services, activities and a Silverbird operated cinema. It will have SIX escalators; over EIGHT lifts; a cinema; banks; a food court; boutiques; Lebanese, Chinese, continental/local dish restaurants; games arcade (for all ages....children to grandpa); offices; showrooms; department stores; and warehouses built at the back for tenants storage.

It's going to be something else, and would compliment the airport presently being built. In the next two to three years, Ebonyi would be the destination of choice not just in Nigeria, but the entire West Africa. I think Donald Duke had something like this in mind with Tinapa. Just a pity subsequent governors didn't share his vision and passion.

If you want to invest in landed property for residential or industrial/commercial use, this is the best time to buy. Was watching the news this evening, and there was a report on the Ebonyi state gov't demolishing an old market to make way for a world-class housing estate. Unlike states like Enugu, Imo and Anambra, Ebonyi is just starting to pay attention on this area, so this is another good investment opportunity.

Clip by BEST TV EBBC: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw947-mp0vaM8BLCOJ1Bt6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i513a1SOGU

All I’m waiting for now is the amusement park, water park, five star hotel, nature reserve and cycle lanes. Not like what he has done isn’t enough. But if he did all of that, I would like to start a petition to make him the federal minister of works and housing or the president or the Vice President. One of them the only bad thing he has done is the ecumenical center.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 6:10am On Aug 09, 2020
Abohboy:

All I’m waiting for now is the amusement park, water park, five star hotel, nature reserve and cycle lanes. Not like what he has done isn’t enough. But if he did all of that, I would like to start a petition to make him the federal minister of works and housing or the president or the Vice President. One of them the only bad thing he has done is the ecumenical center.
How's the ecumenical centre a bad thing.. Depends on how you view it I don't think the ecumenical centre is bad, but I think he should just convert it to a conference centre, where both churches and and other events not related to church such as conferences can hold.. Nothing wrong with the ecumenical centre

2 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Abohboy: 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

How's the ecumenical centre a bad thing.. Depends on how you view it I don't think the ecumenical centre is bad, but I think he should just concert it to a conference centre, where both churches and and other events not related to church such as conferences can hold.. Nothing wrong with the ecumenical centre

I don’t personally think that the government should spend money on anything that involves religion. It doesn’t help anyone building a church, with government money as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
Abohboy:

I don’t personally think that the government should spend money on anything that involves religion. It doesn’t help anyone building a church, with government money as far as I’m concerned.
Now I understand you, more like personal opinion
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 10:22am On Aug 10, 2020
Ebonyi Emerges First In Southeast Among Best States In Economic Performance

Ebonyi Emerges First in Southeast Among Best States In Economic Performance in Nigeria

Ebonyi state has emerged the first in the southeast and eight-best state in economic performance.

The above is contained in the recent report released by Victor Mba, Consultant - Philips Consulting. According to the report which is accessible through the official website of Philip Consulting, “the result obtained used the following performance metrics: Internally generated revenue (IGR), literacy rate, ease of doing business, employment rate, per capita income, domestic debt level, and external debt level and it is used for the overall ranking of the states and the FCT.

“The report compares the states of Nigeria and the FCT according to the following economic endowment factors: Population Size, number of mineral resources, number of international trade routes, availability of crude oil, domestic trade route, age and landmass.

“All states in Nigeria were assessed using the same parameters including the FCT (Abuja).

“Using the Philips Performance Index (PPI), only Lagos state is rated A++ (Performing); Abuja and Osun states were rated A+ (Above Average); Bayelsa, Delta, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Gombe, Ogun and Oyo states were rated A (Average); Anambra, Edo, Enugu, Jigawa, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Ondo, Plateau, Rivers, Yobe and Zamfara states were rated B (Below Average); Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Benue, Cross River, Imo, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Niger, Sokoto and Taraba states were rated B– (Non-Performing); while Borno state scored BB (Abysmal Performance).”

https://www.247reporterstv.com/2020/08/ebonyi-emerges-first-in-southeast-among.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
As Governor David Umahi Queue Up To Cast His Vote

At exactly 2:05 pm, Governor Umahi appeared at 013 Polling Unit, Onuofukuru to exercise his franchise on the ongoing LGA elections in Ebonyi State.

To the astonishment of the onlookers and participants, Governor Umahi joined the queue as can be seen in the attached pictures. The Governor believes in the equality of every man, he is a uniting factor and a peace ambassador.

Governor Umahi followed the due process as he waited patiently for over 30 minutes before it got to his turn and he cast his vote.

https://www.247reporterstv.com/2020/08/as-governor-david-umahi-queue-up-to.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2020
More pics

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
Newly constructed cement based road in Afikpo South LGA

10 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by jamjo: 8:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
More rural roads.

Nice rural roads

2 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Babisha10(m): 7:07pm On Sep 05, 2020
LLobiorah:

Which one be cucumber farm biko, lol.For which state?
Taraba state ooo 5 years now nothing to write whom about
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Javierleon(m): 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2020
Nice one from ebonyi
Akwa ibom
Ebonyi
Rivers
Seems to be the only states in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Multiplier7(m): 9:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
How are we not sure that you are showcasing the same rural road and naming them different rural community names?

Just asking..You know anything is possible in this part of the earth
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
Multiplier7:
How are we not sure that you are showcasing the same rural road and naming them different rural community names?

No sir you have no need to doubt.. We don't deceive ourselves over here.. They're clearly different roads

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:28pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

No sir you have no need to doubt.. We don't deceive ourselves over here.. They're clearly different roads

Cheers

I think some of them are genuinely in disbelief and doubtful that Ebonyi can have this many solid rural roads! They’re judging Ebonyi and Umahi with the same ‘Nigerian standard’ they use in judging their own state or governor!

5 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 2:11pm On Sep 11, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

I think some of them are genuinely in disbelief and doubtful that Ebonyi can have this many solid rural roads! They’re judging Ebonyi and Umahi with the same ‘Nigerian standard’ they use in judging their own state or governor!
Lol.. Now I get the point, they're using the same standard set by Nigerian states to judge what they've not seen.. But it doesn't take much to tour round at least grin grin cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2020
Nice drone shot of Afikpo. Another serene, neat and green town in Ebonyi State. Check out the massive river that flows by the town.

Clip courtesy Eboh Media. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8dtj5GzQxHnSS-dc9VQjxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_K2pQfHaM8

6 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2020
Some select still shots from Afikpo drone clip. For those without enough data to view the clip.

You can see one of Umahis' new concrete expressways in one of the pics.

5 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2020
More.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2020
Ndibe river.

If the river leads to the Atlantic and is this expansive all the way, then i see no reason why medium sized ships can't berth at Afikpo. Last pic gives you a good idea just how huge the river is.

4 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by horsepower102: 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2020
@ IGBOSON1 wonderful posting

Another information that a lot of Igbos don't know is that Ebonyi state has access to the sea through that river. A massive river port can be built there to deliver goods.

7 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by horsepower102: 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2020
If you follow the route of the river in Afikpo, you will see that Ebonyi has a Navigable access to the sea through the river. A Massive river port can be built there in the future.

6 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by gwafaeziokwu: 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2020
Ebonyi on the rise.

This confirms Chinua Achebe assertion in his short booklet "The trouble with Nigeria".

He said the trouble with Nigeria is leadership.

Recently, they have been trying to use their attack dogs in the press to shift the blame of the problem with Nigeria to the ordinary people. To exonerate themselves and claim that the people are responsible for the kind of leaders they got. It's a lie.

Change starts with leadership, a case in point, China and Singapore. It took one leader at a very crucial point in the lives of these nations to chart a new course for their people. They communicated their ideas and people bought into their dreams. Today their nations are on the rise.

Infantile leadership is the bane of this nation at all levels.

7 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by horsepower102: 9:43pm On Oct 10, 2020
IGBOSON1:
Ndibe river.

If the river leads to the Atlantic and is this expansive all the way, then i see no reason why medium sized ships can't berth at Afikpo. Last pic gives you a good idea just how huge the river is.

The river leads to the straight to the Atlantic. Look at the map I posted. It even looks like it has less silt than the Niger river which could reduce the cost of dredging.

Ebonyi can easily host a massive port.

8 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
horsepower102:
If you follow the route of the river in Afikpo, you will see that Ebonyi has a Navigable access to the sea through the river. A Massive river port can be built there in the future.

Cheers!

This is one reason among many why some are scared to death of Igbo presidency!

4 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by IGBOSON1: 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2020
horsepower102:

The river leads to the straight to the Atlantic. Look at the map I posted. It even looks like it has less silt than the Niger river which could reduce the cost of dredging.

I noticed the river looks bluer, cleaner and fresher than the Niger river that always has this brown/muddy look! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by horsepower102: 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2020
IGBOSON1:

Cheers!

This is one reason among many why some are scared to death of Igbo presidency!

Worse is even Igbo independence because it will unleash the full potential of Igbos. Some desperately want us to remain with them because they understand that limiting factor Nigeria plays in our abilities and potentials.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 21, 2020
horsepower102:
Don't even think about that route . There are plans to sandfill most of those swampy areas and creeks . You just can't create silly maps and include other people's territory, you have no respect, that's why no one wants to deal with you and you can't even reflect on yourself ,you just keep boasting that everyone is jealous of you blah blah blah ,you fought and defeated the whole world blah blah blah, No one wants you to be president blah blah blah . Look for another route and build your seaport, that map river you posted is dead on arrival. How dare you even conceive such thought ? I'm irritated.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 21, 2020
horsepower102:
@ IGBOSON1 wonderful posting
[s]
Another information that a lot of Igbos don't know is that Ebonyi state has access to the sea through that river. A massive river port can be built there to deliver goods[/s].

IGBOSON1:
Ndibe river.
[s]
If the river leads to the Atlantic and is this expansive all the way, then i see no reason why medium sized ships can't berth at Afikpo. Last pic gives you a good idea just how huge the river is[/s].

horsepower102:

[s]The river leads to the straight to the Atlantic. Look at the map I posted. It even looks like it has less silt than the Niger river which could reduce the cost of dredging.
Ebonyi can easily host a massive port. [/s]
You think you're smart but you're foolish. You will soon find out .

Just stop dreaming, you can't encroach on other people's territory, The river is 2 feet deep and on many areas is already filled up with sand . Sand filling and reclamation work is already being planned.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 21, 2020
-
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2020
horsepower102:

Hahahahahahaha... I'm from Afikpo but I laugh when people don't know that the river in Ndibe, Afikpo is shorter and leads straight to the Atlantic than River Niger.. That river is the Cross-River which cross River state took its name from.. Infact they bring in logs of wood and other goods from Cameroon through that river.. Is a deep river

4 Likes

Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
Multiplier7:

Lol.. Is not same roads.. We're on ground in Ebonyi and we don't deceive ourselves over here for any vain glory
Re: Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 2:38pm On Oct 25, 2020
IGBOSON1:
Nice drone shot of Afikpo. Another serene, neat and green town in Ebonyi State. Check out the massive river that flows by the town.

Clip courtesy Eboh Media. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8dtj5GzQxHnSS-dc9VQjxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_K2pQfHaM8
Nice one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Presidential Election Results - Buhari Leads / Picture Of A Girl Feeding President Buhari Goes Viral / INEC Officially Declares Umar Ganduje Winner Of Kano State Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.