Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly (61105 Views)

No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 / Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy / FG Warns Vice-Chancellors Against Reopening Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 24, 2020
Saintinoo:

Oga Nigerians are educated illitrates, we reason with our anus...

I just weep for the future of this country.

Unfortunately these patent-illiterates have access to social media and they are LEGION
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Chigold101(m): 11:10am On Jun 24, 2020
chii8:
These people should stop pretending,are they saying that they are not aware that schools(private school) teachers have been conducting lessons for students and pupils in their compounds and even in school environment? The only difference is that the kids wear muftis.
are you saying that children should be allowed to stay at home and thereby having blunt brain?
What you should be talking about is to tell them to stop pretending as if they don't know the pandemic is a hoax.
They should stop pretending as if they don't know that NCDC/FG, State Governors and Covid-19 response teams all over the nation are into money making venture.

There's Covid-19 but it's not ravaging any state in Nigeria.
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Ikennamurphy: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2020
Lovelypet28:

You know all these because your a parent or a medical practitioner, well am both and too an extent am well informed, and you dont have to use derogatory words, you are learned, it should show in how you interact with people.
I'm a health practitioner as well and have managed patients directly myself, so spare me that
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Jess29: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2020
We stayed at home yet the number is increasing I don't really understand the whole thing. We actually need students going back to school but in the same vein we should also think about their safety too. The private schools' teachers are really going through hard times because since the closure of school their salaries have stopped coming. Measures should be put in place and there should be strict adherence to the new policy in place.
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Ikennamurphy: 11:12am On Jun 24, 2020
DonroxyII:
and that's what I'm worried about not children ... and the ass of your folks too who woulda died 1000x before any children !
E pain u oo grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Ikennamurphy: 11:13am On Jun 24, 2020
okudave:
I see you're bent on defending your region rather than changing the mindset of what others believe and know about your tribe. Its a pity because I have always known you guys to be prideful and famous for not accepting correction.
Stop your skull mining activities first and your dirtiness... remove the log from your eyes first biko
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by appliedscience(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2020
Aids no get cure, yet we no lockdown sex now.... Preventive measure is also the way to go in battling coronavirus
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by okudave(m): 11:21am On Jun 24, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Stop your skull mining activities first and your dirtiness... remove the log from your eyes first biko
Bros again you're wrong. I am not from the tribe you're referring too. My tribe ain't dirty, infact we are declared the cleanest set of people in Nigeria. And for your info, we don't do blood money
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 24, 2020
Xisnin:

Kids are mostly safe from the virus as all country stats have shown.
The teachers bear all the risk.
Moreover, most students are not involved in private lessons.
In my street, private school teachers are organising private lessons, students and pupils have been attending classes.There is no virus.
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Ikennamurphy: 11:25am On Jun 24, 2020
okudave:
Bros again you're wrong. I am not from the tribe you're referring too. My tribe ain't dirty, infact we are declared the cleanest set of people in Nigeria. And for your info, we don't do blood money
Then what's your tribe..are u so much ashamed of it that u have to write epistles without mentioning it? It must be an inferior tribe afterall
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by freedomeniola(m): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2020
Dafimiy663:
Good morning ☀️
Hmm abeg...I fit be ur reseller
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Xisnin(m): 11:29am On Jun 24, 2020
cucumbae:
In my street, private school teachers are organising private lessons, students and pupils have been attending classes.There is no virus.

Most students don't attend private lessons due to poverty or circumstance.
How do you know there is no virus?
It is just like claiming that since there is no child yet, then there is no pregnancy.
It all takes time.
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by SirWarlock: 11:32am On Jun 24, 2020
jericco1:
I seriously don't know what Kogi and Cross Rivers state are feeling like. I hope they know what they're doing sha.. as for reopening of school, it won't be feasible with the ban of interstate travel. If only the could ease that then this could be futile and tantamount to jumping the gun undecided cool
People have defied and are still defying the ban so it's the same thing undecided
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by okudave(m): 11:35am On Jun 24, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Then what's your tribe..are u so much ashamed of it that u have to write epistles without mentioning it? It must be an inferior tribe afterall
Are you so dumb that you can't comprehend my layman's English?? See Him calling it Epistles.. I am from the south-south Geographical zone, Akwa-cross region and efik tribe to be precise. Do you still think I am inferior I don't think so. Don't quote me for nonsense, I am busy!

2 Likes

Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by SirWarlock: 11:36am On Jun 24, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
are private teachers ready to sacrifice this term without payments, cos we need to ask ourselves, is it the parents who can't feed properly at the moment would be able to afford school bills due to the inability to work during the Lockdown..even school owners can't pay teachers for now, let's be honest with ourselves...what If teachers keep infecting theirselves and they start losing teachers, we will then get sense and realize we are still in the fight
or even children having to go to isolation centres undecided. People think it's simple like bread and butter sad

1 Like

Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by SirWarlock: 11:38am On Jun 24, 2020
kingjoe:
Who gave the heading to this thread.The minister clearly stated that it is not a proposal for school reopining but you still went ahead to misinform members of the forum and you also know 50percent don't read before commenting and about 30peecent read without understanding.

Let me put in clear terms.it is a proposal for education during this pandemic.the ministry is seeking more inputs to it.this proposal includes the online teaching programs.tv and radio teaching etc.please read before commenting guys.
This site needs serious fact checks sometimes.
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by SirWarlock: 11:39am On Jun 24, 2020
Kokoboss:
lol you're funny. You think schools can actually open soon?
when next year is calling cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by alabo1: 11:41am On Jun 24, 2020
Rilwayne001:
People saying school should not reopen should understand this. Everyone is exposed to this virus. Already the economy is opened. Markets are opened jam packed like ever without not much people taking cognizance of the coronaviru. But you sit there claiming you don't want your children to contract the virus, when actually you go to the market, move in public with the possibility of contracting the virus and infecting the same kids at home. I see no difference between this and their kids been in school.

I believe primary school and early secondary school teachers have more works to do. Aside face mask, there's need for them to conduct their wards in such a way that at least guidelines are followed to some extent. The very fact that oyinbo people that we are waiting for are still scrambling to get vaccine for themselves shows it's going to take long before any vaccine gets to us. Maybe late next year sef.. And this means we need to device our own way to survive and live life with the virus.

Schools needs to get opened now.

Children are asymptomatic but can spread the virus. The Danger is not in the kids going but contracting it and infecting others with underlying conditions. Fact is more people are dying of the virus(have it) than recorded here because our testing levels are low. Besides the schools dont have the capacity to carry out social distancing. What is the urgency? During the Civil War 3 years passed in some areas without kids going to school. If this pandemic even had a 20% fatality rate rather than the 5% it has I doubt you will be saying this. They can open but my kids are staying at home till I am convinced otherwise. Peace
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by SirWarlock: 11:41am On Jun 24, 2020
mvem:
same way US have millions of cases now and want to reopen
not schools though. And now reopening coupled with protests is costing them another surge in cases.
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by SirWarlock: 11:46am On Jun 24, 2020
Lovelypet28:
Schools should open, we are too many in nigeria with limited resources to go round, when children start falling ill because of there underdeveloped immune system, parents will spend more, but because we dont think as nigerians, we want to open schools, lol.
Anyways if people die, population will reduce.
No reopening of schools till Sept., the government should be thinking in the direction of e- education, make internet cheaper. Israel and germany that opened early are regretting it.
The thing with those countries is the detection and manner to act on it. Nigeria can't do both
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Ikennamurphy: 11:46am On Jun 24, 2020
okudave:
Are you so dumb that you can't comprehend my layman's English?? See Him calling it Epistles.. I am from the south-south Geographical zone, Akwa-cross region and efik tribe to be precise. Do you still think I am inferior I don't think so. Don't quote me for nonsense, I am busy!
Lol..broke ass street boy like you can't be busy or you're busy playing Loto at headoffice in uyo or in Abak road looking for a gal to fvck

Look son, there is nothing good about your place that has the number 1 HIV rate in the whole country (shows how dirty u people are)...or what about single mothers who live in their fathers house and run prostitution in uyo town...leave talk we Sabi wetin the happen there, so remove the thick log from your eyes before u start talking about Igbos tongue tongue
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by solochiben(m): 11:52am On Jun 24, 2020
Dafimiy663:
Good morning ☀️

Mods
@dafimiy663 is a fraudster

He defrauds unsuspecting nairalanders
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by SirWarlock: 11:53am On Jun 24, 2020
appliedscience:
Aids no get cure, yet we no lockdown sex now.... Preventive measure is also the way to go in battling coronavirus
do you breathe in aids grin grin. If corona was just an STI we would be rejoicing by now grin
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by okudave(m): 11:54am On Jun 24, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Lol..broke ass street boy like you can't be busy or you're busy playing Loto at headoffice in uyo or in Abak road looking for a gal to fvck

Look son, there is nothing good about your place that has the number 1 HIV rate in the whole country (shows how dirty u people are)...or what about single mothers who live in their fathers house and run prostitution in uyo town...leave talk we Sabi wetin the happen there, so remove the thick log from your eyes before u start talking about Igbos tongue tongue
[/b]So you claim to be a health practitioner yet you don't know the different tribes and the states they belong to in Nigeria. Its a pity!! Such much for buying a certificate. Efiks are in cross river not Akwa Ibom and by the way show me an Eastern state as clean as Akwa Ibom or Cross River?? As for prostitution I think, the imolites got it. Tribal bigot![/b]

2 Likes

Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by okudave(m): 11:55am On Jun 24, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

So you claim to be a health practitioner yet you don't know the different tribes and the states they belong to in Nigeria. Its a pity!! So much for buying a certificate. Efiks are in cross river not Akwa Ibom and by the way show me an Eastern state as clean as Akwa Ibom or Cross River?? As for prostitution I think, the imolites got it. Tribal bigot!

2 Likes

Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Skmoda360(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2020
joviegghead:
Let them reopen schools cuz there's no difference if they're closed or open. If you can ease lockdown, why not extend it to the educational sector?

If the testing results and rate is what'll determine if schools will be reopened, then we seriously wasting our time.
Nigeria and the world at large have proven to be unable to curb the virus. What's the point of putting everything on hold and watch the state die.

All they can do is to enforce guidelines /requirements to minimize the risk of being infected.

Funny thing is many have contracted the virus and recovered unknowingly. I'm sure of this.

The bolded is true.......
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Perfecttouchade: 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
SirWarlock:
or even children having to go to isolation centres undecided. People think it's simple like bread and butter sad
the trauma a parent will go through seeing their children in isolation centres far from their sight... someone was saying they opened up markets and people are still going about their daily runs but wait at least they are adults who knows how to take precautions, if anybody sneeze for my side, I know what to do...I don't go out without using my facemask and each time I return back home,I make sure I don't wear those cloths into the house, I UnCloth in the compound cos it's fenced and make sure it's soaked into a solution for next day washing, I take lots of precautions but will the kids be able to.. government should keep schools close till it's safe, person wey born just one no go risk him pikin life ...make dis people reason am
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Ikennamurphy: 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
okudave:
So you claim to be a health practitioner yet you don't know the different tribes and the states they belong to in Nigeria. Its a pity!! So much for buying a certificate. Efiks are in cross river not Akwa Ibom and by the way show me an Eastern state as clean as Akwa Ibom or Cross River?? As for prostitution I think, the imolites got it. Tribal bigot!
Hahahahahaha..you see how slow u are ..you brought in the dubious akwa-cross to claim unity even when we know there is no unity just like the rejection of that judge in Calabar because she's from Akwa-Ibom..and u have resorted to denying the Akwa part of Akwa-cross cheesy cheesy..even at that , I'm sure you must be somewhere as a made to one rich Igbo man, bc e no pass maid work or your females like Ekaite who are busy ramming different dicks wink tongue tongue
Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Ikennamurphy: 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
okudave:
Calabar is a dirty filthy city living on past glory...As the oil money was removed from Cross River, it died

Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by okudave(m): 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Calabar is a dirty filthy city living on past glory...As the oil money was removed from Cross River, it died
show me an eastern city as clean as calabar or uyo.. I'm waiting patiently.. Even the roads in my village are tarred up till the waterfront and let me shock you, they're swept on daily basis..I am still waiting for the eastern city ooo bros, please show me.

2 Likes

Re: FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly by Ikennamurphy: 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
okudave:
show me an eastern city as clean as calabar or uyo.. I'm waiting patiently.. Even the roads in my village are tarred up till the waterfront and let me shock you, they're swept on daily basis..I am still waiting for the eastern city ooo bros, please show me.
I don't need to show u..the internet is there for u to look it up... Calabar that I traveled to last two weeks ago or what? Your people have even been kidnapping successful igbo business men because they're lazy.
The rest of your females are into prostitution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Federal University Oye Ekiti Fees For Fresh Students: Extortion Of Students / A School In Onitsha Invited Father Christmas For Fun But It Ended In Tears - Pho / Transparent Animals You Never Knew Were In Existence!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.