Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? (46206 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by IamDavid(m): 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2020
Lamba42:
Well, here's the truth. The chances are very very thin because by the time you're done struggling and you've made something of yourself she'd probably be engaged or married to someone else.This would often be the case atleast up on till your 30's when you've managed to make something of yourself but by then you'd probably find it really difficult marrying your mate and you'd go after much younger , fresher looking babes. However, their are rare cases where this happens. It takes a hardworking woman who loves you and is truly willing to struggle with you that'd marry her mate ! That's if her mother and all and other females haven't convinced her to go for someone older.
No lies. I think it works more for people who started up together and decided not to part. say from sec school or uni

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Mrhauxiliary(m): 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2020
DominusPrime:
If you intend to get married as early as 25 and below the odds are very slim cos you might not have 'blown' by then and girls at that age tend to prefer more stable men mentally and financially. Not necessarily for marriage though but just to have around to tend to their sexual and financial needs in the name of my boyfriend. But once you as a man hit 30 to 35 and all things being equal you are ok financially it's easier to marry a girl your age.
I Concur with you.
This is Absolute truth!
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by dangoteinlaw: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
addictiv:
Very likely... Men re making money at a younger age now unlike in the past
I respect this comment. This generation is at smarter than ours

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Dalil8: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
Age is not just a number

Marrying my age mate is a No No for me, she has to be at least 7 years younger.

Women age faster than men, by the time you both get to 45, she'll be looking like your granny lol.

17 Likes

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by des4ella(m): 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
I am married to my age mate and it has been a blissful marriage. We are best of friends and compliment each other. I get small crazy while she is really cool and thoughtful. Love, respect and understanding is the key to any marriage. Forget age mate or old mate.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by otunbalamba: 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2020
Na single 3 odds oo, red tomatoes everywhere grin
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by VectorVee68(m): 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
Rozz:
I don't subscribe to marrying your age mate as a lady,there will be a balance problems.

Its just in your head

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by vickydevoka(m): 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
I think the odd of marrying your age mate is 4.5 (higher odd; this shows that the possibility of the marriage to succeed is low).
While, the odds of u marrying a girl younger than you is 1.5 ( lower odd; this shows that the possibility of the marriage to succeed is high).
Caution: stake wisely, check Head to Head n resent form. Thank u

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Mekusmichael(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
embarassed
chinwezdasilva:
The fact is many think they will marry their current girlfriend or boyfriend but it doesn't work that way in naija the odd na 0.0001
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by ModestGal(f): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2020
I can never marry my agemate, they will be too dumb for me. But I know there are also intelligent people out there but are quite scarce. But right from when I was young, I have always been in the same IQ level with people at least 5yeara older than me.
Agemate is not possible for my type

Modified
To all people saying *intelligent people are intelligent doesn't have anything to do with gender or age**, , I'm sorry to say, you sound funny, because you are saying an intelligent child of 11years is thesame to that of 20years.

Of course, age is an important factor in knowledge, you can be very smart right from birth, but you still learn along the years which makes you more matured and wiser as you age.

How would I be dating my agemates, when I was 17years old in 300level or maybe 200? When most of them were not even to be found, it was until I got to 400level that my agemate were in 100level, and the few I tried to connect witjh(friendship) turned me so off. Not saying, we do not have matured people same age with me, but were very scarce to get and I didn't even get one till I graduated just to be friends with. During service, it was thesame, masters,it was thesame.

I'm sure you understood me, you just trying to be negative, please stop quoting me, I don't want your negative energy

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Jeffyblaq(m): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2020
It is easier said than done for all you guyz chanting age doesn't realy matter..

When you've grown up to become a man acclaimed.. try it then you will kno it realy matters in a life time adventure.

Building a relationship is the goal but do not neglect all that follows it.

Above all, love, mutual respect and understanding supercede.

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Chirowman(m): 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
yes I think the chances are high when the man is below 30 .

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Starz825(m): 7:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
The odds na 100.00...because he no sure
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Starz825(m): 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
The odds na 100.00...because he no sure grin
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by fabulous85: 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
ModestGal:
I can never marry my agemate, they will be too dumb for me. But I know there are also intelligent people out there but are quite scarce. But right from when I was young, I have always been in the same IQ level with people at least 5yeara older than me.
Agemate is not possible for my type
so age determines IQ?nice, your IQ is very high✌

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Israelinno: 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
The chances are slim ...but with money its very possible..life might not go as planned but with money and by the grace of God it can
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by petitejolie(f): 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2020
lilmax:
Sometimes the higher her age, the higher her body count

Again a 30 year old woman have many disadvantages

So age mate marriage ain't for me
wat is body count
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by OtunbaJ: 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2020
lilmax:
Sometimes the higher her age, the higher her body count

Again a 30 year old woman have many disadvantages

So age mate marriage ain't for me
so does above 30 should go n die abi
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by ModestGal(f): 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
fabulous85:
so age determines IQ?nice, your IQ is very high✌
I should have said in the same intelligence level
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by mayor1814: 8:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
older or younger, what matters is happiness and compatibility.

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by patosky3310(m): 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
Rozz:
I don't subscribe to marrying your age mate as a lady,there will be a balance problems.

Explain what you mean by "balance".
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by francium001: 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
Na GOD get power
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by babaRUNtinz(m): 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2020
no odds.. Man na man..
man no b by age or prikk..

it is so interesting to marry your age mate.
I am loving it

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by jaxxy(m): 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2020
I can only do that if I've known her since we were younger and I have a fair idea of her history. No ish
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by kingmurainah(m): 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
heryourdayji:
If you do not learn a new competency or start ur side hustle during this corona period, you never lack time, you are simply not disciplined... It's not too late to start learning a new skill. Contact me for easy-to-follow pre downloaded Video courses on Data Science, Web Development, Java & Python Programming, Mobile App dev't(IOS &ANDROID)
The total size is around 115 gigabytes. It comes in a new 128gb flash drive.
Wha'sapp me @ 234(0)8 064 943' 297 for price
N/b: I will copy into a brand new 128gigs flash pay on delivery
How much is it
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Oyinlomobambam(m): 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
Saneesk:
So nairalanders I need your humble opinion on whether there's high chance of marrying someone with the same age as you or even more than you some said it happens but 1 in a million.

Don't try it....
I take God beg you don't dare it.

I am regretting it now

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by MozB: 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
Uhmmm... Over 2.5 'I bet'
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by lomprico(m): 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2020
Saneesk:
So nairalanders I need your humble opinion on whether there's high chance of marrying someone with the same age as you or even more than you some said it happens but 1 in a million.

nothing
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by PhilipReigns(m): 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Esseite:
Most agemate marriages come from extreme longterm relationships.

The fun thing with agemate marriage is "no pressure"... you are my age mate, so if you feel i should have attained a certain level, you should have aswell.
You are so on point I must commend your wisdom. How old are you? Anyways wisdom is not necessarily associated with old age.

My wife and I are age mates. We both were 25 when we wedded. We dated for 5 years and some months, even lived together way back on campus. So you have a point!

For those still doubting, I am a living example though we are still very young in the marriage, I dont think it's a bad idea.

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Olawrites: 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2020
Oyinlomobambam:

Don't try it....
I take God beg you don't dare it.

I am regretting it now

Pls can you open up a little for people like us to learn...I'm in such situation too

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Bliss85: 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2020
Saneesk:

There is no high or low chance to it. In most cases looks doesn't speak of someone's exact age. You only get to know the exact age when you get to know each other or through a third party. So one cannot say the chances are high or not , however it does happy very very well that whom you want to marry is of the same age as you or a little older.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Mom In Tears As Her US Soldier Son Pays Her A Surprise Visit (Video) / Port Harcourt Lady Fights Dirty With Side Chick Snatching Her Husband / My Wife Still Asks Her Ex For Money

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50