Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,585 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? (46158 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by ambient: 7:56am On Jun 25, 2020
depremore:

But its true na, you cant compare a 23 years old lady with a a 23 years old guy most times the ladies appears more mature than their age

There is a different between maturity and body count pls.
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by antibullshit: 7:59am On Jun 25, 2020
Zombiekiller010:
My wife is a year older than me, she has never disrespected me or call me by my name even during courtship. (e ) in yoruba is always attached to my name.
Your wife cant call you by your name? What does she call you? Is it that she chooses not to call you by your name? That doesnt seem right to me.
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by KELECHI02(m): 7:59am On Jun 25, 2020
Goddyj:
Abraham was 100 years old. Sarah was 90 years old. If you know, you know!

Noah was 498 years old and his wife was 580 years old. if u know, u know ��
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by KELECHI02(m): 8:00am On Jun 25, 2020
Goddyj:
Abraham was 100 years old. Sarah was 90 years old. If you know, you know!

Noah was 498 years old and his wife was 580 years old. if u know, u know ��
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by amakadihot87(f): 8:02am On Jun 25, 2020
lilmax:
Sometimes the higher her age, the higher her body count

Again a 30 year old woman have many disadvantages

So age mate marriage ain't for me
.......... and what has body count got to do in marriage?, is he looking for a virgin?
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Esosafun(m): 8:03am On Jun 25, 2020
The sense in saying that marrying your age mate will amount to her being old in the future...Idiat...If you soft your wife she no go still fresh.. or Na only you go flex for the marriage... Y'all see older celebrities and be like She beautiful... Wetin dey make them look good?...Oga soft your wife as you love m.............Guys no da talk spoil
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by murmee: 8:04am On Jun 25, 2020
Dalil8:
Age is not just a number

Marrying my age mate is a No No for me, she has to be at least 7 years younger.

Women age faster than men, by the time you both get to 45, she'll be looking like your granny lol.
You nailed it. Beautiful!
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by frozen70(f): 8:06am On Jun 25, 2020
Saneesk:
So nairalanders I need your humble opinion on whether there's high chance of marrying someone with the same age as you or even more than you some said it happens but 1 in a million.

Age or no age, love is what matters in marriage followed by understanding

Psquare, Peter okoye wife is 5urs older than him yet they live happily

The matured the better
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by amakadihot87(f): 8:06am On Jun 25, 2020
Kennitrust:
She will become so old that you won't be able to avoid cheating on her.

Not advisable
says who?.…......... unless she doesn't mantain herself
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by PhilipReigns(m): 8:17am On Jun 25, 2020
A 2004 sienna LE for sale.
Colour---Blue
- A clean Fabric interior, 8 seaters
-Factory fitted A/c
-A 6 Loader Cd Player/FM
-Srs Airbag
-Allow wheels/Extra spare tyre
-A Powerful V6 engine Full option,
-Automatic Transmission. Etc

Price: 1.3m
Slightly negotiable.
Call: 08100254826/08030695022 for inspection.

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by dfrost: 8:20am On Jun 25, 2020
NwaOhafia:
This generation could do anything that suit them and not our father's who someone somewhere direct them on what to do

Back then they had guidance and counsellors though not advanced in tech but with the right motives. Even now your guide wants to have se.x with you before your spouse does. angry

You can agree that there was chastity and morality to a reasonable degree but now? Sorry is the case.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Roman7(m): 8:45am On Jun 25, 2020
light099:
The question is, why marry your age mate?

If that is what you want and you pursue it like you life depends on it, you would get it, plus you can even get your birthday mate.

The normal and sane thing is, a husband should be older than the wife, for many good reasons.
Only do otherwise in situations you can't help.

who made the rules that a husband must be older than the wife? and by older I know u are talking of 4 years n above.
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Zombiekiller010: 8:59am On Jun 25, 2020
antibullshit:

Your wife cant call you by your name? What does she call you? Is it that she chooses not to call you by your name? That doesnt seem right to me.
face your life squarely
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Sososo(f): 8:59am On Jun 25, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

That's true...are you still single ma'am? cool
yeah why do you ask
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Bahdsypha(m): 9:14am On Jun 25, 2020
Essence20:
The odds are low.
Maritally, men and women are not mates.
Women mature for marriage earlier than men

This is not true...there is no scientific basis for this
Women are not mentally more mature than men of the same age
Na just stupid archaic social concept..

Women enter adolescence earlier but boys catch up with them
A 19year old boy and a 19year old girl are the same biologically...entering puberty early and having secondary sexual characters is not a guarantee that the person is mature enough for marriage..The only thing that makes girls think they are more mature is that men...most times old men have start coming for them when they're young..

But It doesn't mean they're psychologically, mentally and biologically mature for marriage

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Ikennamurphy: 9:14am On Jun 25, 2020
Sososo:
yeah why do you ask
I'm interested in knowing you cool
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Sososo(f): 9:19am On Jun 25, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

I'm interested in knowing you cool
kk
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Ezlynn: 9:21am On Jun 25, 2020
It is not advisable to marry your age mate, seeing how ladies tend to age faster. It won't take long for the marriage to go downhill.

Meanwhile! Do you know you can carry your account with you everywhere you go ? With GTBank Mobile Wallet, simply dial *737# to manage your account on the go and perform seamless transactions.

Its Safe, Fast, and Convenient.
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by yoursidenigga(m): 9:24am On Jun 25, 2020
Essence20:
[s]The odds are low.
Maritally, men and women are not mates.
Women mature for marriage earlier than men[/s]

Sharaap there. Maturity in terms of the body? Or what exactly? This people that will come to Nairaland and type rubbish

1 Like

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Ikennamurphy: 9:29am On Jun 25, 2020
Sososo:
kk
Just sent you a PM
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by yoursidenigga(m): 9:31am On Jun 25, 2020
Futuragetty:

Akiko ifo. Men married to younger women cheat as well.
My Wife -to-be now is just 8 months younger than I am. I knew her from age 4. at least I'm sure of her age.When she walks in walks, I'm awe-struck by her every time.

Assuming I just met her, She may be tempted like most girls to LIE about her actual age. but She can't.

This thread is the reason why most Ladies lie about their AGE. Don't say shit about biological counts in women. Are you planning on raising 10 Kids? Mr.man, 1 or 2 kids is ok.

If you really want a blissful marriage, Forget about this myth
Look for a lady that compliments you. I'd advise that if what you seek is a beautiful face, go for younger ladies. they are everywhere these days.

but if you want stability, everlasting marriage., marry your BEST FRIEND! My wife-to-be, Believes in me more than I believe in myself.

Look for this qualities.

She gets along with your family and friend.
She shares your belief
she makes you a better man
She has ambition- she should have plans too, a career of some sort.

In your eyes, She should be beautiful. Inside and out.
and above all, Shes a follower of Christ Jesus.

Apologies to AreaFada, I shouldn't have quoted you.

Please can I like this your post more than 3 times? You just took words out of my mouth... Guy you geh oil for head. No mind these silly people wey full Nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 25, 2020
Roman7:

who made the rules that a husband must be older than the wife? and by older I know u are talking of 4 years n above.

There's no rule in love. Everyone has right to marry anyone he/she wants, as long as there's consent and they're adults, and no health incompatibility.
Nonetheless, some practices have become tradition and norm over time, because people discover that's the best thing - husband being older than the wife, marrying someone who isn't a relative etc.

The choice is always yours, you can always do otherwise. It's your choice, it's your marriage, it's your wife, it's your life.
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by yoursidenigga(m): 9:38am On Jun 25, 2020
ModestGal:
I can never marry my agemate, they will be too dumb for me. But I know there are also intelligent people out there but are quite scarce. But right from when I was young, I have always been in the same IQ level with people at least 5yeara older than me.
Agemate is not possible for my type

So na IQ this one dey find. Oh God!!!!
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Bahdsypha(m): 9:52am On Jun 25, 2020
ModestGal:
I can never marry my agemate, they will be too dumb for me. But I know there are also intelligent people out there but are quite scarce. But right from when I was young, I have always been in the same IQ level with people at least 5yeara older than me.
Agemate is not possible for my type

Why do you ascribe IQ points to age?
You think somehow older people have more IQ...LMAO
You do understand what IQ is, right?

Intelligent people are intelligent doesn't have anything to do with gender or age

I'm even doubting the claims you made on your intelligence in that comment, continue telling yourself that you are intelligent..maybe one day
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by yoursidenigga(m): 9:56am On Jun 25, 2020
Having read through comments here, I will like to give my own piece of mind .

I think posts like this are the reason why women falsify their ages during marriage. You will see a girl that is 34 but because of societal norms, she will say she is just 20. Of course, you will not notice at that age because they package and make themselves up that no one can notice; just to attract you and get you to tie the knot with them.

The truth is that age doesn't really matter in marriage. If you like as a man, marry someone that is 10 years younger than you are, if the marriage won't work, it won't. Have you not seen old men who married young girls and at the end, the marriage ended in premium tears? With their wives leaving them with all they had gathered in life?

What about these men who end up treating their young wives like trash and still go around cheating? Even though they have young, succulent and cute looking wives at home, they still go a cheating.

I even saw someone type that IQ determines too. That she sees herself on the same IQ level with men that are 5 years and above older than her. Shebi she never see men wey dull even at 50? Lol, she never jam maybe....

Some said they want respect and so, as a girl, they will marry someone that is at least 5 years older than them so as to be HIS BABY FOREVER and as a man, they want someone they are more than 7 years older so that they will be respected so much.... Lol, una never read stories for this Nairaland or on social media sites? E go shock una I swear.

So, my own is that we should all strive to go for someone that we feel comfortable with and not let age, IQ or whatever parameter you want. Because na time go tell o... At some point in a marriage, the looks, IQ, money and even the love will seem to be fading away. Na comfortability and mutual respect go keep the marriage going o.

If na lie, ask your parents and hear their replies. E go shock you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Bahdsypha(m): 10:12am On Jun 25, 2020
spiceadole:

I will detach and treat him as one of my younger brothers.

I can't be with a man I'm older than.
I am a first child..I have younger brothers who respect me & take instructions from me.
I cannot "open legs" or "bow" for a man in their age group.

So it's only to "open legs" and 'bow" that you plan to do in a marriage....how shameful

Do you think marriage is a servant-master affair?

I don't think you understand the concept of marriage at all, I would not wish for anyone I know to get married to you

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Bahdsypha(m): 10:18am On Jun 25, 2020
Futuragetty:

Akiko ifo. Men married to younger women cheat as well.
My Wife -to-be now is just 8 months younger than I am. I knew her from age 4. at least I'm sure of her age.When she walks in walks, I'm awe-struck by her every time.

Assuming I just met her, She may be tempted like most girls to LIE about her actual age. but She can't.

This thread is the reason why most Ladies lie about their AGE. Don't say shit about biological counts in women. Are you planning on raising 10 Kids? Mr.man, 1 or 2 kids is ok.

If you really want a blissful marriage, Forget about this myth
Look for a lady that compliments you. I'd advise that if what you seek is a beautiful face, go for younger ladies. they are everywhere these days.

but if you want stability, everlasting marriage., marry your BEST FRIEND! My wife-to-be, Believes in me more than I believe in myself.

Look for this qualities.

She gets along with your family and friend.
She shares your belief
she makes you a better man
She has ambition- she should have plans too, a career of some sort.

In your eyes, She should be beautiful. Inside and out.
and above all, Shes a follower of Christ Jesus.

Apologies to AreaFada, I shouldn't have quoted you.

Most people don't realize that marriage is meant to last till death

One day all the physical things they admire in their partner will fade..then they'll now be left with a person they're not even friends with, someone that can't hold a simple conversation with..

it's then that you'd realize what you've done to yourself..

marry your best friend!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by peeta4u(m): 10:30am On Jun 25, 2020
Saneesk:
So nairalanders I need your humble opinion on whether there's high chance of marrying someone with the same age as you or even more than you some said it happens but 1 in a million.
1.60 odds
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Bahdsypha(m): 10:33am On Jun 25, 2020
Smile4mee01:
Guys,

We need to understand female/male nature more.

A man brings leadership, structure, safety, and security, while a woman brings compassion, feelings, and nurturing instinct. Knowing that women generally mature and develop faster than men. It's easy for a woman to question your authority when you are just mates, she will find it hard to submit to such man while the we know there is nothing like a submissive husband.

Though it worked out for a few, like the French president, don't get it twisted. A woman gets her value from her sexual market value, E get why.
Have you wondered why men like Oshimole, okoya, Ned Nwoko went for younger women? Do you think there are no good women of their age mate who will be a better wife?

In a nutshell, women need to look up to you in something, wealth, maturity, fame , something sha. once she is better off than you she sees herself marrying down which is opposite female hypergamy nature. Have a look at the lion pride, the females only mate with the ones they look up to. E get why.

One guy said online, why should i marry her in her decline, while i am in my prime. It's harsh but it's true.

On the flip side, we would continue to see an increase in these as women continue to outnumber men as the world comes to end. Its must be hard to be a woman in this world, Many have even given up on marriage. Its hard for men as well, as the world population increases, so does world resources thin out.

whatever rocks your boat.

#Kunuboy

There's no scientific basis for your claims...like there is no research that shows that women of the same age as men are more mature, nothing at all(post adolescence)

That idea that women are mature is stupid...it's just an outdated social construct mainly in Africa

Forget what you are saying about "her decline" and "his prime" na only for you head e dey..
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by Larcardii(f): 10:46am On Jun 25, 2020
lilmax:
Sometimes the higher her age, the higher her body count

Again a 30 year old woman have many disadvantages

So age mate marriage ain't for me
nonsense talk
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by ubcandid(m): 11:06am On Jun 25, 2020
light099:
The question is, why marry your age mate?

If that is what you want and you pursue it like you life depends on it, you would get it, plus you can even get your birthday mate.

The normal and sane thing is, a husband should be older than the wife, for many good reasons.
Only do otherwise in situations you can't help.

normal thing in our stereotyped society, not globally
Re: What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? by ubcandid(m): 11:13am On Jun 25, 2020
depremore:

But its true na, you cant compare a 23 years old lady with a a 23 years old guy most times the ladies appears more mature than their age

the lady appears mature because you're basing maturity on secondary body characteristics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ex-Wife Of Evang Sam Issachar Alleges He Buried Charms & Scams His Followers / Sex After Child Birth / Nigerian Children - Boys Were Asked To Slap A Girl. See What Happened Next!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.