Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,868 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? (47113 Views)

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by davidtemi(m): 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
DenreleDave:

So u felt like a man at 17..

Be lying
no mind am. Liar
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
At 15, I was on the street chasin' money; it wasn't easy, nigga! How the heck am I gonna make it outta here? No friends, no family... I had no choice, but to go back home and restrategized...

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Let's face the fact.Guys who leave their parents houses at a tender age either have a broken home,a nagging parents or the parent are very poor that feeding is a tug of war.Davido was still living with his dad before he made it.I left my parents home to go and squat with a friend.I was working then and my relationship with my friend was good because I was bringing something to the table.When I lost my job and started staying with him all day he started giving me attitude.I had no choice but to relocate.See ehn,life hard down here.This covid19 go make many young adults eyes clear.Especially,the ones wey go marry with kids.

12 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by arena07: 7:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Is this a TOPIC to be discussed in Nigeria...or a Joke..?..
NIGERIA that is yet to conquer Hunger and Poverty..?

Nigeria a country where PEOPLE graduate from Universities and become prostitutes..

We should be discussing how people how can FED WELL at least 3 times daily..
God bless you for this comment...

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Kobicove(m): 7:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
For males you should leave home from 22 upwards or as soon as you get a job immediately after school...
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by lasdas100(m): 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by bukatyne(f): 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
kzubyar:
fact's just like me still living with my mother's

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by bukatyne(f): 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
techmo:

Wise and very humble

Well like you said

Experience is the best teacher.

I just rather other people's experience.

Some of us can blame our ego from not learning from others

It is well.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Jacku: 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
When you're like 23 at most. But really there's no rule to this. Just open a Gtbank account with *737# USSD code and save your money for rent. They'll help you keep it with little interest added to it.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by larryking540: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
nigeria at 25
American at 18
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
Salvofthesouth:
I have not left but I'll leave once I secure a job.

Someone please help me with connection for a job here in Lagos o. I just graduated with an OND in computer science and a B.Sc, Geology recently and was waiting for service before the lockdown hit. I can start as an intern for your company and then grow from there! I'm Tech savvy and I can handle social media accounts and digitals marketing, customer services, I can act in other different productive roles too . I plan on starting as an intern. Even if I'm to go for NYSC I'd direct deploy to lagos to keep things going. Any good hearted person here should help connect me! I reside in Ikeja. 07089673132

I will help you out only recommend a job for but just God help to get the job, reply me with ur watsaap number. Bless up.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nicoddemus(m): 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
lekki1444:
never. no jobs

grin cheesy
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by horpeyemmi66(m): 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
Zowee10:
Me am planning to leave them at 22.

Am currently staying with step dad and my mum.

So you know as Nigerian step dad behaves na.

Just enduring for now
Happy Birthday...I mistakenly clicked on your monicker and saw today's your birthday.

Many happy returns of the day Baba.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by OBku4(m): 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
iLearner:
The replies on this thread will make a lot of people feel they aren't doing enough for themselves.

Resist it!

Bros, it's the other way round... It'll make young men complacent. angry

angry
Guy, get your ass off that bed & pot and find your daily bread!!!

Leave that comfort zone (complacent attitude) before it wrecks you
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by jericco1(m): 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
Una wey dey Una parents house Una own better oo.. but TBH I think when one is at least 18 years since that's the legal age.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Chevronstaff: 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2020
I left my parents house at the age of 24.. I was fortunate to get a very good job after NYSC.. I passed all stages of the recruitment process and was employed..Things changed positively for me... I was able to stand on my own and support my family.

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Denique(f): 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
I left them at 10,
Hahahahahaha sorry o, am just trying to become a motivational speaker... Am still with them at 23 grin
“Perspire to Aspire in order to Inspire your Desire” grin
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by kaludestiny10(m): 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
It all depends on when one is done with school and nysc. Like in my own case, I finished service and I immediately got a job through a cousin in abuja and that was at the age of 27. My younger brother left home at the age of 18 years. The other one left at the age of 26 years. But it all depends on family's financial strength.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
bukatyne:

True.

Richer people stay back home building wealth except when their parents' home is far or they have a very toxic relationship.
Don't mind them.Those saying they left home at a tender age are street hustle and squatters.If their parents are rich and they live in a mansion where everyone has their own rooms they will stay behind until they become self-sufficient.

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by johnnychuks(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
it's nature that's makes it work, play good part and leave the rest for nature.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by temblor1(m): 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
DenreleDave:

U probably left bcox of school, not that u voluntarily left ur parent house... I wunt bliv that

Except u come from the east, u left ur village to come stay with sumone in Lagos and hustle... Only that
Wetin be ur own
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ikjosh04:
Is it only me that feels nairaland has become shit. Lot's of nonsense all over nairaland including the front page
lol

Go n build ur own new nairaland

U thought its easy to code

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2020
Zowee10:
Me am planning to leave them at 22.
Am currently staying with step dad and my mum.
So you know as Nigerian step dad behaves na.
Just enduring for now
Ask yourself,where am I going?
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Ekpekaycee: 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2020
Very stupid, juvenile and infantile question. My dear go and start getting ready, school will soon resume.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Heineken(m): 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
Chevronstaff:
I left my parents house at the age of 24.. I was fortunate to get a very good job after NYSC.. I passed all stages of the recruitment process and was employed..Things changed positively for me... I was able to stand on my own and support my family.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by seanjy4konji: 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
Even the ones still begging for give away at almost 30 will start living now...

No go read for jamb be living fake life online.

It go shock you.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
Still living with them at 25.
Plan to leave next year...

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Queenserah26(f): 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
It depends on a lot of things. Your financial capacity is key amongst other factors.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by NNAMDIII(m): 8:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
DenreleDave:

U probably left bcox of school, not that u voluntarily left ur parent house... I wunt bliv that

Except u come from the east, u left ur village to come stay with sumone in Lagos and hustle... Only that
exactly! No mind that guy!
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Spicyneedle: 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
If you're from the age 22 upwards, baba you should be planning about leaving your papa house oo
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Myketuale(m): 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
Adonike:
My brother, once you graduate from school (especially higher institution), u no suppose go back home again.

what if you never went to school?
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Usorohtheman(m): 8:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
please ooo

I'm still living with my parents in a face me, I face you apartment. I need help to get a job. I am a graduate of Botany and can be very useful.

Help me!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Missing Child In Surulere / My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.