Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? (47156 Views)

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Salvofthesouth:

Wow.
God bless you.
Thanks
check ur watsaap, I have sent you some job update.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Westernlove: 11:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
comshots:
Let's face the fact.Guys who leave their parents houses at a tender age either have a broken home,a nagging parents or the parent are very poor that feeding is a tug of war.Davido was still living with his dad before he made it.I left my parents home to go and squat with a friend.I was working then and my relationship with my friend was good because I was bringing something to the table.When I lost my job and started staying with him all day he started giving me attitude.I had no choice but to relocate.See ehn,life hard down here.This covid19 go make many young adults eyes clear.Especially,the ones wey go marry with kids.

Infact I give this your comment 100/100 You are very much In touch with reality......

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by gbemishile: 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
alphaRego01:
Omk eh,once u notice a toxic relationship btween u and either of ur parent,my broda start drastically planning urself to leave....

Some of this our '90s parents sabi use their children for selfish purposes

Bible said btwen husband and wife is till death do us part...were did they add children?
the complete story of my life bro.
tge real complete story

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Offpoint: 11:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
She was relocating when I was 22, everyone packed except me. Told them I ain't going nowhere, they should just leave when rent expires I'll sort myself out.
They fought, but I can't be dragged to go where I don't wanna go.

That was how I started living alone on my own with no support, I never bothered asking for any.

It wasn't easy but it was worth it.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by ehisforever24(m): 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
Pls I am a young graduate, I studied Elect/Elect, I have a good knowledge of computer, I am HSE and PMP certified, I reside in Lagos,I need a Job 08175159879
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Sofistcatdmoron: 12:22am On Jun 27, 2020
osazsky:
u say waitin...35 kill u there...
Kill ur papa,
I said any moment between 25 and 35 years
That is the reality, hate it or love it

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by SpecialPackage: 12:34am On Jun 27, 2020
Possiblegee:
Actually it depends if your parents are rich you can actually leave and get your own apartment any time you want , but in a case where you guys are poor ,men try your best and leave them and face your own challenges at least 24/23

Note if you're through with school and got a job tho

Haha ... if your folk are poor sorry you can leave at 16; they may be too hungry to notice.

If they are rich ... you can stay in the family home till married.

Middle-class families .. you won't be encouraged to leave until they are 100percent sure you can stand on your feet
and not end up in one dirty room in Bariga grin (because you want to be a man).

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 27, 2020
i’m 24 i still live with my parents lol
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 27, 2020
Don't be pressurized to leave your Parent's or Uncle's house!!!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Electronics: 12:53am On Jun 27, 2020
You just made a whole lot of sense here. Leave these kids who are claiming they left at 17 or will leave before 23. When faced with the realities of life, story go change.
bukatyne:
Funny question, depends on family and economic status.

The richer one's family is, the less the pressure to leave the house before you are ready to (marriage or job).

When to leave the house without a concrete reason to do so is usually a discussion for the lower class.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 27, 2020
Zoie:

1. I'm not your sister
2. You are a religious terrorist.
3. Stop threatening nairalanders with fire and brimstone.
Listen to him!!!
You can't resist the truth for too long undecided

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 27, 2020
TissuePaper:
thanks for this
You are thanking her for spamming this thread??
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Electronics: 12:57am On Jun 27, 2020
Na overfeeding dey worry you. Graduate and you will know what's up! Except you are from a well to do family. Nothwithstanding, as a guy, your parents wouldn't allow you leave at 24.
Golan007:
Once you've graduated from the higher institution you should be on your own.

Of course, if you never attended one you should do so as soon as you've learnt a trade.

All this should be achievable by 24.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Kceeboss(m): 1:37am On Jun 27, 2020
To me I feel at 18 you shouldn't be with your parents.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Kceeboss(m): 1:43am On Jun 27, 2020
To me I feel at 18 you shouldn't be with your parents.
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Jakama90(m): 1:52am On Jun 27, 2020
That's if your parents get house.
What if you are the one acomodating them?
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by calebonuja: 2:08am On Jun 27, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
I left them at 10,
Hahahahahaha sorry o, am just trying to become a motivational speaker... Am still with them at 23 grin
grin
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by ofiko123(m): 4:08am On Jun 27, 2020
You leave when you feel it is time to leave..No Age involved..
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Equatorcally: 4:12am On Jun 27, 2020
for me 25years to 27years
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 5:02am On Jun 27, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
smiley

If not for the way things are in Nigeria,after getting your bsc or any equivalent degree,persin suppose dey find his or her way out of their parents house.

No be say you talk,

Leave then, you'll save yourself some unnecessary insults.

Like when will you get married questions. The who is that questions (whenever you have visitors) lipsrsealed

Most of all you'd have your utmost privacy cool

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by jmichael259(m): 6:10am On Jun 27, 2020
What if you are the only kid and the house is directly or indirectly yours Or you have a job and family but no reason to leave?
Is there a law that says you must leave your house to become tenant?

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by jmichael259(m): 6:11am On Jun 27, 2020
Jakama90:
That's if your parents get house.
What if you are the one acomodating them?

I wonder o!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by jmichael259(m): 6:25am On Jun 27, 2020
Haywhymido:
For males 25-27.
For females until when them come for your hand in marriage. No go become corporate olosho by living alone o

So ur sister or daughter finished training and got a secure or well paying full time job maybe nursing, banking in another town or state, you'll stop her from going to live alone and wait for satchet water hawker to marry her first?
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by LordPherule(m): 6:29am On Jun 27, 2020
I know I Bleep off my parent's house at my 22, no regret till now in my late 20s. No single reason to fall back to that place. Only movement is forward.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by jmichael259(m): 6:32am On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:
cool

What works for A might not work for B, always find the balance

Read about Simon Cowell's life, read about The Founder of Kentucky's life

For me I left home very early for college 16/17, travelled out after service and never looked back since except visitation.. but my street brother stayed and married in his father's house, built a sport betting company from home, built his first house from home, leveraged on his father's Goodwill and became a caretaker LGA chairman, and became a multimillionaire ,

If I never had to pay huge rent because of Vagina aka Privacy, maintained a car because of pvssy, I could have done a lot at home, and if I had stayed and put up with my parents "wahala" I would had been better motivated

Serving a Landlord by paying your rents to him is a sure way not to get your own house, always leverage on family support

You talk reality. Don't mind myopic people forming motivational speaker or social media influencer
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 27, 2020
Different strokes for different folks. Staying alone pushes you to hustle by force. By force. It's fun when you can eat without asking from mommy or daddy. I started teaching at 15 after secondary school. Left at 17. Never looked back. And I've got huge respect from folks from then till now. They always boasted that I will run back home when life sets in. I'm close to forty now. Still haven't run back.

Bottom line... Leave home early. It will push you to hustle. Your hustle antenna go sharp. When you're down to your last 100 naira the way your brain go dey calculate, that fear alone can push you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by arena07: 6:50am On Jun 27, 2020
Westernlove:

I can bet my balls most of you this underage people(15 to 25) who left their parents home never came from a stable home, Most of you are Victims Of Circumstances. Some of you don't even have parents sef, But most of you won't tell your true stories......Agony. I've never seen a Happy Responsible Family Home Who have their Life well planned wanting to part with their Children at that Age......
Good observation

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Golan007: 6:52am On Jun 27, 2020
Electronics:
Na overfeeding dey worry you. Graduate and you will know what's up! Except you are from a well to do family. Nothwithstanding, as a guy, your parents wouldn't allow you leave at 24.

Some of you would be challenging people who have done it themselves as if you know them.

The last time I slept at my parents house as my official place of residence was the penultimate semester before graduation .

This applies to my siblings as well.

Independence is not really about money it is about your mindset.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by IMASTEX: 7:24am On Jun 27, 2020
Adonike:
My brother, once you graduate from school (especially higher institution), u no suppose go back home again.
grin grin I always like tales like this. You simply tell where you're relocating to that you're a graduate and they give you keys to an apartments. Living or staying is strictly a financial decision.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Torie8(f): 7:32am On Jun 27, 2020
Treasuredvessel:

Please don't let anything deter you,living alone before marriage is good, not from one place of your life being dictated by parents to another. You know your level of discipline, I live alone and I rarely have visitors, Monday to Friday I'm at work 7-6,weekends I'm resting or in church, I don't even have friends, so we're is the time for entertaining visitors.
Thank you for that but I don't know what they might think of it.
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Oshin56(m): 7:50am On Jun 27, 2020
comshots:
The Nigerian environment is not favourable to just leave your parents home without proper planning and a secured job.What if you leave and go and rent a house and one thing led to another you lost your job and cannot pay house rent and utility bills and the landlord give you a quit notice,where will you go to?You will go back to your parents house and start from a scratch.I know guys who left their parents houses and when they lost their jobs they couldn't go back home.They left their rented apartment when their rent expired and started squatting with friends.Their friends are also not comfortable with their continued living with them they have to go back home.
this is the correct answer for this question
Re: At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? by Spells(m): 7:53am On Jun 27, 2020
bukatyne:
Funny question, depends on family and economic status.

The richer one's family is, the less the pressure to leave the house before you are ready to (marriage or job).

When to leave the house without a concrete reason to do so is usually a discussion for the lower class.
you've said it all. you're so on point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Who Left Her Hostel At Gbagada For A Party On The Island Missing (Photos) / Nigerian Men Married To White Women What's Your Experience? / Nigeria Introduces New Federal Marriage Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.