Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

His Neighbor's Wife - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / His Neighbor's Wife (296687 Views)

My New Neighbor’s Wife By Naijassador .....update 1 / My Neighbor's Girlfriend / Sexcapade With Neighbor's Daughters. 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2020
mitakemi2427:
I have been gone for only how many days and all these drama have happened
Aunty rose welldone

at least the drama never finish grin
Na to add your own join remain cheesy

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Lilly4endu(f): 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
Mezie should go collect her bride price back from her parents. So that Akwa mu will be free from him.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 7:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
Morgan is interested in another man's wife...
Meize is "the fool " and there are many things wrong with him. Am curious how Rosemary33 created his character.
Akwaugo is the soul that bears the brunt of all these.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Ayemileto(m): 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
Rosemary33 is playing with our head no sha.

How can a man be this senseless?

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2020
grin grin grin
Ayemileto:
Rosemary33 is playing with our head no sha.

How can a man be this senseless?
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Gheeohh: 10:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
Mezie is definitely something else. I feel like giving him a hard knock.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Vulcanheph(m): 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
Whenever i "mistakenly" tune in to african magic Epic , this are the kind of stories i expect to see, not the repeatative thrash i usually see there.

5 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Abosede512(f): 9:33am On Aug 05, 2020
Gheeohh:
Mezie is definitely something else. I feel like giving him a hard knock.
A big stupid man

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2020
Vulcanheph:
Whenever i "mistakenly" tune in to african magic Epic , this are the kind of stories i expect to see, not the repeatative thrash i usually see there.
"mistakenly" grin grin grin
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by cyndy1000(f): 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
Rosemary33:
"mistakenly" grin grin grin

Nice story you made me come back to literature section...
Lots of love for you.
You always keep one glued to phone.
Please update ooo
Can't wait.
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Rosemary33: 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
Chapter 17

Akwaugo stood by the door and watched her husband. His eyes were on the baby who was sleeping peacefully on the sofa. A cold, contentious stare that sent terrifying chill up her nape. It wasn’t the first time she had caught him staring at the baby like one would do to vermin.

The baby stirred, stretched and gnawed on her thumb for a while then let out an intense cry. She observed her husband- willing him to move, touch the baby for once but he didn’t budge. She eased herself from the door and went to the baby.

“She looked nothing like you” that was the first conversation they were having about the baby. In fact, the first time he was speaking to her since she came back from the hospital.

“You have not hold her in your arms since we returned” neither had he asked how she managed to settle the hospital bill. He had roamed the house like a ghost- sneaking in and out of his own house just to avoid seeing her and the baby. When he did jam them- he would either pulled a straight face or gave the baby a distasteful glare.

Unruffled, Mezie slightly lifted a butt cheek and gave out a croaky fart “at least I am generous enough to give her a shelter- a roof over her head. She should be grateful”

Her baby was her shield- a distraction from his mockery. If the child was a boy, her husband would have forgiven all her sins and would have welcomed them with feasting. “I was at your shop today” her voice quaked “You told your boys not to release any money to me”

He heaved his weight from the sofa, kicked her feet aside as he walked towards the exit “it’s only a month since you returned, you are not supposed to be seen outside”

Not even when he had ignored their needs? Never bothered how she managed to feed the baby and herself? Banned her mother from coming for the Omugwo? “Are you a fool? Don’t you know she would spot the lack of resemblance? When she starts probing what would you tell her?” was his reason.

“The baby needed cloths and a cot. I needed money”

“I have no money for unplanned expenses” he meant to leave then stopped “I heard the oath is broken, you are now free to grace beds and fend for your bastard child” the door rebounded as he jammed it

She clutched the baby close to her chest and wept softly. For umpteenth time- she considered the offer given to her at the hospital “Come away with me Akwam” she should have.

in the gloom of her room, with the baby tactfully tucked on her lap- voraciously suckling on her nipple, she plunged her hand under her mattress and came out with three wraps of crispy notes, muttered a soft “Thank you so much Morgan” she pulled five notes from one wrap and placed the remaining back into the paper bag.

Even from afar, he remembered. “For my daughter” his message had read, delivered by a fair middle-aged woman who wouldn’t reveal any other thing about her except her name.

“Favor. Call me favor” the woman had introduced herself immediately she had opened the gate “Babies are so sweet” she had tickled the baby’s cheek, ignoring the confused look on her face.

When the woman handed her the gifts and said “He would want to know her name” Akwaugo knew who had sent them

He remembered- he didn’t walk away

“did he?” her voice had quivered; tears stung her eyes “Did he tell you?” she had tried without success to suppress the heaviness in her heart.

“Just what I need to know”

Akwaugo eased the baby on her bed “Olaedo” she stroked the baby’s chubby cheek. How she transformed form a fragile baby on a thin line between life and death, to this beautiful heart-warming baby amazed her “He will love you…you are his gold”

She was still awake when Mezie came in, her slight opened door gave her a dimmed view of him, his hovering figure casted a shadow in the light of the oil lantern in the sitting-room. It would have taken sleep off her eyes few months ago, but now- this recent disappearing and appearing when every one had gone to bed no longer ruffled her.

She heard the clanging of the stainless plate cover and twitched her lips in a sneer. She would meet the plate empty tomorrow morning, yet he had not asked where she got the money to cook for him.

Akwaugo clung her tongue in disgust, “ungrateful wicked man” she muttered and turned to face the wall.

“Ehm…your wife left my place few hours ago”

Though she hated Mezie, but Nwamaka wouldn’t allow this one chance slip off her finger. Now she had confirmed her curiosity- Morgan Ochudo is lusting after Akwaugo. She sensed it from the emotions that oozed from his voice when he had finally picked her call two days ago “How is she…can I speak with her? I want to know she is fine…” pervert!

“why should I care if she sleeps at your place?” he pushed the plastic chair backward, maneuvering the gutter which slab was damaged and the rods protruded upward like a weapon and walked inside his shop, she followed, convinced he was dying to know why Akwaugo visited, he would give anything to hear anything that would confirm his distrust. Leaning on the counter and fingers dangling out form the other side on top of the counter he waited for her to spill the news but she lingered “what was she doing in your house?” he asked impatiently

“what do you think? To use my phone of course!” she smiled inwardly as his eyes widened and his neck muscles stood out. Jealous dog, to think she had secretly wished this slowpoke would look her way many years ago. bleerrrrr she would have been dead or him dead by now. He scratched his wide fleshy nose that seemed to have left his cheeks hollow, thank God Akwaugo got him first, he was perfect for her “She has been calling this man with my phone since last year”

“And you are telling me now, why?”

So you can put a letch on her “She is married now, she shouldn’t be keeping male acquaintances” she clasped her hands together. Vengeance. Jealousy. Self-pity. Akwaugo stole the stars while they were growing up, a tolotolo whose name once cleaved to the lips of every man in the village.

She groped for her keys in her hand bag “Okay…I have to go now, greet Akwa for me and don’t tell her I said anything to you”

He gripped her elbow, spinning her around “who is this man?” his nose flared, mouth coiled up. Nwamaka’s head swung up sharply- she could swear she saw volcano ready to erupt in his eyes.

She forcefully dislodged from his grip “Get your hand off me!” grimaced and massaged her wrist. She gave the man a dirty look “I only came to tell you to hold your wife who has been disgracing you! Not to be rough-handled”

“I want to know who this man is” he said roughly

“So you can do what? Go to him and say ‘hei man stop screwing my wife’” she looked him over “just get your wife off the market!” she adjusted her bra strap

“who is the man! Is he from this village?” he asked impatiently

“Ask your wife that!” she hung her bag and left

Lagos

“What did I ever do to you that you have decided to leave me in the cold”

There relationship was shifting from just business to something more, something he wasn’t ready for and may never will. Not that he had never thought of bedding her, but with a lady like Madonna, Morgan had to play safe. She was as sly as a snake.

“You are drinking again” it was one of her problems. She was a very good business woman, whose loneliness frequently drove her to the bottles.
Three years she had ran to him soaked up- her young man ran off with a younger woman, the third man to do that to her. he had helped her got cleaned

“What do you expect darling” she slurred, swinging her hips as she walked towards him “you abandoned me Morgan” she made to sit on his lap and he pushed her off. “Well…I am an adult and can f*cking do whatever I want with my money and time” a hint of disappointment. She sat on top of his desk. Her low-necked white top bared almost half of breasts. “You weren’t at my party Morgan…I specifically organized it for you”

“The invite said it was a birthday party…” he stood from his chair and went to the couch, her eyes followed him

“It would have been a good time to know where I stay…get to know how good I can be to you” she uncrossed her legs and sat on the couch opposite his “to appreciate you for always listening to me when I am down” her eyelashes fluttered and she gave a coy smile

Morgan sighed and shook his head. She was trying too hard to push herself to him, too hard that he would have considered had it not been… “I was very busy Madonna…I couldn’t come”

“Always busy, you never make out time for me except when we are discoursing business and shares”

“You are a major shareholder in the company as well as your father, so…it will always be business” he shouldn’t have said that. He saw the frown on her face “I am sorry Madonna, but I can’t be who you want me to be…my life is complicated right now”

She picked an almond seed from a plate on top of the table and popped into her mouth, crossed her legs “I got sick after the party, I told your annoying secretary who took my call to tell you!”

“What did you take during the party?” He was genuinely concerned

“I don’t know…but I felt terrible and you didn’t care” she wined

“I am so sorry I wasn’t able to do anything at the moment…but you are looking fine now, and I am happy you are up and going”
She flushed. He saw how flattered she was to finally get his attention. “Do I disgust you Morgan?” she tilted her head by the side and squinted at him

“Why would you say that?”

“Why can’t you at least Bleep me?”

Tongue tied, he stared at her and she stared back. “Is that what you want?”

“Not really…but you are not making things easy for me, so…maybe…” she stuttered “Maybe, if you Bleep me, you will understand better how I feel about you”

Is life not funny? He had crawled to the feet of one woman his heart craved for. Begged. Made offers and sacrifice. She had turned him away for another man who didn’t know how much she was worth. And here another woman, ready to do anything to have him

“What is in this for you Madonna? Business…power?”

“I just want you Morgan”

“Shameless! That’s what you are. Akwuna Otu nko! A prostitute with an itchy pussy”

He grabbed the lantern and flung it to her direction, she dodged and it shattered on the floor, sending drops of hot kerosene all over. Mezie dived towards her as she struggled with the door handle, grabbed her braids and pulled her roughly against him

“Mezie please, your umu boy has not gone to bed…they will hear” she pleaded struggling to free herself

He yanked the hair and she whimpered “Since when did you start caring about what anybody would say about you?” he forced her down and she crumbled to his feet suppressing sobs “since when? When you were eager to have them pound your Otu like fufu just a month after childbirth!” he kicked her and she groaned crawling on fours to the edge of the room

“What is his name?” he glared “I need a name of the he-goat who would not keep his manhood in one place!”

“I don’t know who you are talking about!”

Her responds infuriated him, like a bull, he charged blindly towards her but she was faster- she shifted and he landed with his head on the brick wall. She succeeded in unlocking the door, dashed out side and slipped through the gate.

He gave her a hot pursuit “Akwuna! Je kwunye curtain! (Prostitute! Go and get a room, fix a curtain so your customers would find you)” his voice tore the quietness of the night. And the pata pata of their feet scared crawling animals off the uneven path.

One man was awake through out the night- heard the angry arguments and the shrill voice from afar. When the feet got closer, he gathered his loin cloth and walked outside. The sight of the lanky man on boxers only, in pursuit of his wife amused Okorie greatly

“Surely, the gods have not only made him impotent, they have also made him mad”

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Ayemileto(m): 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
Chai, the suspense is something else.

Rosemary33, you're really trying.

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by TPound(m): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
I hereby tag him MM...

Mad Mezie

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by do4luv14(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hahahahah Okorie badt ooo, no be small mad ooo

thanks sweet Rosie

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by crossfm: 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
Sometimes we mistake stupidity for loyalty.Akwa ugo without apologies is stupid.The handwriting is clear for her to see,but her stupidity and timidity wants to drive her to her grave.

Each time I read this story I feel so fustrated and downcasted.I feel this way because I know a lot of women are going through the same ordeal in their marriages.She fails to understand that once she is dead,the foolish man will go and marry another woman he will unleash heal on.

She allowed Mezie to subject her to inhuman treatment,not just recently but from inception.
I know stupidity and suffering is her inheritance,but she should not involve the little Angel in her misfortune.Take the baby to her dad,then come back and enjoy heal fire with her darling Mezie.I repeat take the baby to her dad,she deserves better parenting and home.

8 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Khriztarl(f): 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
So i would give birth now ehn. And one yeye agbaya wey neva see food chop. Would now tell me not to bring my mum home. Tarh, my nuclear nd extended family would come live with us. If you don't like it. Lodge 5stars hotel for four weeks coz thats how long they'd stay. Ode.
And, when this beating was going on where was olaedo?

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Nwiboko26(f): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Thanks alot dear.mezie is truly going mad.
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Gloriagee(f): 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Okorie be cracking me up baje baje
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by tchidi066(f): 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
Gush, this is a stark reality of what's happening in our society, where women are schooled that their husbands are demigods, perfect. Too bad, even with the so called education, a lot of women cannot stand up for themselves, Akwaugo was trained as a nurse, yet still behave like a hen that has lost its head. God forbid this kind of husband

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by crislyn(f): 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Khriztarl:
So i would give birth now ehn. And one yeye agbaya wey neva see food chop. Would now tell me not to bring my mum home. Tarh, my nuclear nd extended family would come live with us. If you don't like it. Lodge 5stars hotel for four weeks coz thats how long they'd stay. Ode.
And, when this beating was going on where was olaedo?

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Odoogu(m): 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Truth is Death is inevitable and health is wealth. But If Akwaugo wants to be the mother to her daughter, she had better separate from Meize and go live a quiet and peaceful life cos sooner or later Meize will stupidly lead her to her grave and Nwamaka will always aid and abet it.
kudos Rosemary33.

3 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by centmanuel(m): 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
It is unfortunate. I think Akwaugo deserves to die. How could she be so foolish to still be with him after all what he has done. I believe she is having fun.

Good work Rosemary

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by zubizareta(m): 2:32am On Aug 07, 2020
beginning to detest the character Nwamaka more than the foolish mad Mezie sef....

3 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by skubido(m): 6:08am On Aug 07, 2020
Hmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by fataisulaiman: 10:53am On Aug 07, 2020
centmanuel:
It is unfortunate. I think Akwaugo deserves to die. How could she be so foolish to still be with him after all what he has done. I believe she is having fun.

Good work Rosemary

So because she decides to stay in her husband's house rather than go after another man, she deserves to die? My guy, abeg recieve sense.

I'm not rooting nor advocating for her stupid husband, but this ya comment no brain at all.

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by xaviercasmir(m): 11:11am On Aug 07, 2020
fataisulaiman:

So because she decides to stay in her husband's house rather than go after another man, she deserves to die? My guy, abeg recieve sense.

I'm not rooting nor advocating for her stupid husband, but this ya comment no brain at all.
Hahaha easy bro. I think he made the comment because he is somehow emotional about the last update.
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Chibuking1402(m): 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2020
Since the literally works of Harry Potter, no writer has put me in a captivating, mind blowing, suspenseful journey that is difficult to put down even in my dreams, your literally detailed description, laced with native language is out of this world, nne Rosemary, keep ridding your ship, I'm at the deck ,no dull moment, you're a genius!!!

1 Like

Re: His Neighbor's Wife by centmanuel(m): 2:35pm On Aug 08, 2020
fataisulaiman:

Please get off my back. You don't just talk to people you don't know. I m only advocating for her to be free
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by VULCAN(m): 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Reading through this thread I have come to realise that so many people have blurred the lines between reality and fiction.

Even though the OP is one of the best Nigerian writers I have ever come across..

... People should "calm down". The emotions of the readers is running riot

Someone should help me find a picture of that child negotiator. Lol

centmanuel:

Please get off my back. You don't just talk to people you don't know. I m only advocating for her to be free
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Ann2012(f): 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
Can Mezie just run mad or die...... This torture on Akwa is too much. Nwamaka, I pity your condition....continue with envy and gossip, your bucket will get full soon.
Hope Olaedo was no way harmed ooooo

Thanks for the update
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Vulcanheph(m): 4:09am On Aug 09, 2020
VULCAN:
Reading through this thread I have come to realise that so many people have blurred the lines between reality and fiction.

Even though the OP is one of the best Nigerian writers I have ever come across..

... People should "calm down". The emotions of the readers is running riot

Someone should help me find a picture of that child negotiator. Lol

I thought i was the only one who noticed this....
Re: His Neighbor's Wife by Counter24(m): 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2020
Happy Sunday guys....
OP, I noticed something oo and u don't know if you unknowingly skipped it or I didn't see it but "I HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MORGAN'S FIRST CHILD WITH HIS FIRST WIFE" !!!!

Pls explain let me get it better

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (43) (Reply)

*The Players Curse* / Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.