Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season (22513 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by cold(m): 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2011
omi247:

I just found this thread lol.

Glad to know there are F1 fans on Nairaland! smiley

Was a great race. Lewis definitely gave a valiant effort in fending off Webber for so long!
I concur.Meanwhile,nice smile you got wink
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2011
i was on the edge of my seat thinking ALONSO was going to pass Button (and at least Webber) in the last part of the race. . . . . . . .Helas!!!

as for him saying that "he gave up" on the radio, that was a nice trick, only no one bought it, lol!!!!

as for Ferrari new rear wing: a waste of bloody time!!!!!!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 8:43am On Oct 17, 2011
Kept hoping Webber wouldn't let Lewis "d accident waiting to happen" Hamilton take him out and blow d constructors championship for Red Bull grin. Thankfully they both drove hard and kept it clean.

Will d Vettel haters stop with this crap about his abilities. Double world champion, its that simple, speculate all you want about how unspectacular you think he really is. Vettel is driving a concord while all d others are riding donkeys. Tell yourselves what ever makes you feel better.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
Shame The pit crew didnt ask Massa to move over for Alonso despite getting the new Front wing, actually he would have passed Button if he was released earlier but 2 Long straights Alonso should have passed Massa and not relying on jumping him through the pit stops

Bravo Vettel !!!!

The Pit screwed Webber, because bringing in Webber behind Lewis prevented Webber having a real go at Vettel

Actually theirs a rumour that RBR are prepared to do everything for Vettel to win 13 races this season (I think it would break Schumacher's record) so Webber should forget about a win this season)
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
omi247:

I just found this thread lol.

Glad to know there are F1 fans on Nairaland! smiley.

Was a great race. Lewis definitely gave a valiant effort in fending off Webber for so long!

Yeah, thats the way to do it; cool and precise driving while making the car wider than the equator. . . Not with Schumi's criminally questionable style.
In the meantime, welcome to the F1 grand hotel 2011.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
cold:

^You left out Kubica

If Kubica was still active, I'd add him, but it is really hard to keep rating Kubica after a year of being out with injury. I have real doubts he'll ever be the same, most F1 drivers come back after huge shunts and quit (even top ones like Stirling Moss), Massa is the odd one, but then he wasn't out as long as Kubica would have been when the next season kicks off.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by omi247(f): 4:07am On Oct 18, 2011
cold:

I concur.Meanwhile,nice smile you got  wink

lol thank you  cool

Beaf:

Yeah, thats the way to do it; cool and precise driving while making the car wider than the equator. . . Not with Schumi's criminally questionable style.
In the meantime, welcome to the F1 grand hotel 2011.

lol yeah. Schumacher gets away with so much, meanwhile hamilton only has to breathe before being hauled in for investigation. He is lucky the stewards are so inconsistent,   undecided.
Thanks for the welcome  smiley
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 9:24am On Oct 18, 2011
Hamilton said he had the chance to fend off Vettel passing but it would mean a second defensive move. which would land him a drive through penalty,

I say Change your name to Schumacher!!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 10:51am On Oct 18, 2011
Excuses, excuses. I thought he was d king of overtaking, why didn't he just overtake Seb right back. grin
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2011
Excuses, excuses. I thought he was d king of overtaking, why didn't he just overtake Seb right back.

Tell me how do you overtake a faster car than yours?
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
In the meantime, Kubica's future seems doubtful:

[size=14pt]Renault ready to wait longer for Kubica[/size]

Lotus Renault team boss Eric Boullier extends deadline for star driver Robert Kubica, as Rubens Barrichello joins list of 2012 hopefuls.
The Lotus Renault GP team has revealed that it is prepared to wait a little longer to see if star driver Robert Kubica can prove that he is fit enough to return to the F1 arena in 2012

The Pole had originally been told that he had until the middle of the month to convince team principal Eric Boullier that he had recovered sufficiently from injuries sustained in a rally accident last February, but that deadline has now been extended by at least another couple of weeks to allow Kubica time to test himself in a simulator.

The former Canadian Grand Prix racewinner had been setting impressive times in pre-season testing with the radically-designed R31 when he suffered serious injuries to his right arm and leg after crashing during the Ronde di Andora rally in Italy. He was lucky to escape with his life after a section of guard rail penetrated the cockpit of his car, but faced several major operations and a lengthy period of recuperation before he could even think about climbing back into an F1 cockpit.

Despite the uncertainty over Kubica's fitness, however, Boullier insists that he wants to give the Pole every chance to be a part of the Lotus Renault line-up in 2012, despite having alternatives queuing at his door.

"The new deadline is the end of October - and maybe even longer," he told Germany's motorsport-total.com, "It seems that [the deadline is always moving] but, if Robert can go back to F1, then I want him to drive for us, so I have to give him a chance. We will be flexible to the point where we cannot."

Boullier admitted, however, that the deadline could not be extended indefinitely, as it was not in the interest of the team to keep procrastinating. With Bruno Senna and Vitaly Petrov currently in its cars, and the likes of Romain Grosjean and, more recently, Rubens Barrichello, being linked to the Enstone squad, the Frenchman knows that he needs to make a decision before too long.

"I will not act against the interests of the team," he promised, "If I see that something is going wrong with next year's driver line-up, we must make a decision. However,
I spoke recently with [Kubica's manager] Daniele Morelli and they are very confident that Robert will return, which is good to hear."

Petrov, Senna and Grosjean are all hopeful of filling the one seat that may remain alongside Kubica, should he return, with the current line-up able to bring backing from Russia and Brazil respectively, but Barrichello's name is a surprise inclusion in the mix. The veteran is currently struggling to improve the Williams team, and may find himself ousted for younger talent, but refuses to admit that his time in F1 is at an end

"Whatever it takes, wherever it is, I want to be racing next year," he told AFP prior to last weekend,s Korean Grand Prix, "I am talking to the whole paddock and the situation here is no different, they know what I would like to have next year - and the only thing I would like to have next year is a competitive car."

Barrichello is currently the most experienced F1 pilot of all time, having made his debut with the Jordan team in 1993, and has 319 starts to his name. His eleven race wins came largely with Ferrari, before he enjoyed a swansong season with Brawn GP in 2009, winning two grands prix as team-mate Jenson Button headed to the world title.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/174192/1/renault_ready_to_wait_longer_for_kubica.html

Hope he gets back to the sport.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by A40(m): 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2011
I do think the Ham gets unfairly penalized at times that i wont deny sha

montelik:

Kept hoping Webber wouldn't let Lewis "d accident waiting to happen" Hamilton take him out and blow d constructors championship for Red Bull grin. Thankfully they both drove hard and kept it clean.

Will d Vettel haters stop with this crap about his abilities. Double world champion, its that simple, speculate all you want about how unspectacular you think he really is. Vettel is driving a concord while all d others are riding donkeys. Tell yourselves what ever makes you feel better.
Dont mind Beaf he is only living up to his name
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2011
A-40:

I do think the Ham gets unfairly penalized at times that i wont deny sha

Dont mind Beaf he is only living up to his name

What d'you mean, bruv? The only thing I deslike about Vettel is his rude finger. Lol!
I just think he is far from the other crop of good drivers like Lewis, Alonso etc. Na crime be dat?
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by A40(m): 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2011
Beaf:

What d'you mean, bruv? The only thing I deslike about Vettel is his rude finger. Lol!
I just think he is far from the other crop of good drivers like Lewis, Alonso etc. Na crime be dat?
A 24 year old two time World Champion is not a good driver. You are Baba Suwe funny
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2011
Beaf:

Yes oh he is already far away from Lewis. Youngest wdc and already 2 wdc titles. Lewis no dey d same category. grin
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2011
^
Really? The car did it for him.

A-40:

A 24 year old two time World Champion is not a good driver. You are Baba Suwe funny

Can you point to where I said he isn't a good driver? I beg, lets have honest arguments here, its been great for the past several pages, even though we have our oreferred drivers.

I said, he cannot be compared to the likes of Lewis and Alonso. And I stand by it.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2011
today i would have to bite my tongue and say:" Beaf is right on this one". Vettel has yet to show us all that he is a good driver (that we can compare to Alonso/Ham).

i've always said that Alonso was better than Ham because he had 2WDC (while ham had only one) BUT, that is/was to differentiate between these two "top" drivers. now Vettel has 2 WDC but he has yet to show us great driving skills therefore we would be foolish to put him on the same level as these other few.

youngest wdc: YES! best on paper this year and the last: YES! great driving abilities: THE JURY IS STILL OUT DELIBERATING ON THIS ONE!!!!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2011
today i would have to bite my tongue and say:" Beaf is right on this one". Vettel has yet to show us all that he is a good driver (that we can compare to Alonso/Ham).

i've always said that Alonso was better than Ham because he had 2WDC (while ham had only one) BUT, that is/was to differentiate between these two "top" drivers. now Vettel has 2 WDC but he has yet to show us great driving skills therefore we would be foolish to put him on the same level as these other few.

youngest wdc: YES! best on paper this year and the last: YES! great driving abilities: THE JURY IS STILL OUT DELIBERATING ON THIS ONE!!!!

The ban on blown diffuser!!! and engine mapping would level things out
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 10:30am On Oct 25, 2011
^^ Did you not see Silverstone. Mclaren were d worst affected, only Ferrari didn't suffer. It won't level any thing out, just bring Ferrari closer and set everyone else back and Red Bull will cope better than most of d others.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 25, 2011
i dont know about y'all but to me it becomes boring to watch. the RBR is so quick that they take pole all the time (almost), and then we have a one sided race where the REAL action is at the back, while they (at least vettel) cruise quietly through the laps (most times unchallenged).

if a car is half a second quicker than ANYBODY else in the field then i am not surprised when they go on to win almost every damn race. . . . . . . . . . kudos to the RBR ENGINEERS. now, let the Ferrari/Mc Laren etc engineers follow suit and bring some competitive cars to the track!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
^^ Did you not see Silverstone. Mclaren were d worst affected, only Ferrari didn't suffer. It won't level any thing out, just bring Ferrari closer and set everyone else back and Red Bull will cope better than most of d others.

At Silverstone Hamilton was short fuelled and pit-stop mess up cost them,
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by A40(m): 10:08pm On Oct 26, 2011
Beaf:

You said he was far from good grin grin anyway you are not saying anything new the same thing was said about Schumacher. Whether he is better than Lewis or Alonso hardly matters to me its an opinion thing
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 2:43am On Oct 28, 2011
A-40:

You said he was far from good grin grin anyway you are not saying anything new the same thing was said about Schumacher. Whether he is better than Lewis or Alonso hardly matters to me its an opinion thing

I didn't. I hate liars.
We have had several pages without id!ocy, even when arguments have been hot and thats because we maintain a degree of decorum.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 5:49am On Oct 28, 2011
I'm watching 1st practise and loving the the Buddh International Circuit. It must be the widest ever F1 circuit, so there should be plenty scope for overtaking. Its really dusty though.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
Hamilton hit with Indian grid penalty

Lewis Hamilton has already run into trouble with the stewards following opening practice in India. Lewis Hamilton's Indian Grand Prix weekend may have got off to a promising start with the fastest time in opening practice, but the Briton's season returned to its previous miserable form after he was handed a penalty that will affect his starting position on Sunday.

Hamilton usurped world champion Sebastian Vettel from the top of the timesheets right at the end of the opening session at the Buddh International Circuit, but was adjudged to have ignored yellow flags waving to protect the recovery of Pastor Maldonado's stranded Williams, which stopped track-side following an engine failure in the closing minutes.

The McLaren driver was called to see the stewards - again - immediately after the session and, along with Sauber's Sergio Perez, was handed a three-place grid penalty which will take effect when the field lines up after qualifying on Saturday. Hamilton has held something of a season ticket to the officials' office this season - leading to the infamous 'maybe it's because I'm black' jibe after the Monaco Grand Prix - but may have had a case for pleading his innocence on this latest occasion, as the yellows seemed to disappear as he approached the danger zone.

Although he led the way by half a second in practice, McLaren and Red Bull have proven competitive so far this weekend, and the penalty could have a determining effect on Hamilton's result come Sunday
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2011
^
The commentators said the yellows disappeared from the computer display, which means they went off on Lewis steering as well. The guys waving manually on the track continued after computers had switched the yellows off and despite the fact that greens were also being waved.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 11:27am On Oct 30, 2011
Massa is a bit of a fool who shouldn't be in F1. angry
Crashed into Lewis and now has crashed into the road too, breaking his front suspension without any other car in sight, just like he did during quali.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 11:54am On Oct 30, 2011
Considering what Lewis has got up to this season, your statement is a little rich. But then I guess it simply because he is black. cool
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2011
montelik:

Considering what Lewis has got up to this season, your statement is a little rich. But then I guess it simply because he is black. cool

You are right, bruv (just that you don't realise it).

What sort of id!ot crashes into the track twice in two days (probably the same spot too)? Thats Massa for you. . . Not even into other drivers! I would love to hear his interview about "learning lesson" and wrong "heads."
The also-ran Massa graphically represents all that is wrong with F1.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by neyostica: 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2011
I love vettel(wonderkid), hope he cont to dominate. Hamilton is overrated n i think Alonso is d only guy dat can chalenge d wonderkid nxt season
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by A40(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
Well the procession continues Vettel wins again

Beaf:

I didn't. I hate liars.
We have had several pages without id!ocy, even when arguments have been hot and thats because we maintain a degree of decorum.
My friend would you go home and crash!! I even quoted and highlighted you and you are still yarning dust. If he wasnt as good would he be in a position to take advantage?? With the KERS and DRS overtaking is not as hard as it used to be
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
A-40:

Well the procession continues Vettel wins again
My friend would you go home and crash!! I even quoted and highlighted you and you are still yarning dust. If he wasnt as good would he be in a position to take advantage?? With the KERS and DRS overtaking is not as hard as it used to be

This page is not that long to keep telling lie after lie. You will notice that over the several pages of this thread, we have all been civil, nobody has stooped low to tell lies, aside from you.
You are a liar, and I don't entertain that kind. Run along, liar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting / Wayne Rooney Scores First Major League Soccer Hat-Trick (Photos, Video) / Tribute To Mikel Obi As Sunset For His Int'l Retirement After AFCON 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.