Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,928 members, 7,956,477 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season (22797 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2011
[size=14pt]Jenson Button has changed a lot due to F1 success: Tamara Ecclestone[/size]
Published: Sunday, Aug 21, 2011, 14:17 IST
Place: London | Agency: ANI 

Tamara Ecclestone has revealed that although Jenson Button is a likeable guy, fame has got into his head and changed him enormously.

The 27-year-old TV personality also said that the F1 driver didn’t even deserve to be the world champion as he is not the world’s best.

According to the elder daughter of F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, Lewis Hamilton is far better and a nicer person too.

“I was conducting an interview with him in 2009 and he broke it off to take a call on his mobile. To me, that’s the height of bad manners,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.

“He seems to have changed enormously as a person on the back of his F1 success. I don’t even think he deserved to be world champion. There’s no way he’d have won in 2009 if everyone had been driving similar cars.

“Quite simply, there’s no way he’s the best F1 driver. Lewis Hamilton is a far better driver and a nicer person,” she added.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_jenson-button-has-changed-a-lot-due-to-f1-success-tamara-ecclestone_1578158

Terrible thing to say by the daughter of someone so exposed in F1.
IMHO, nobody cares that much for anything the Ecclestones say. I'm a Lewis fan, but Tamara sounds like a jilted babe.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 21, 2011
is that the same cu.nt who just bought that $85Milla house in LA?!
Jenson must have hit that, or any of her rich friends when he landed in Monaco, definitely the words of a jilted lover!

btw what has manners got to do with bloody driving?! she is definitely confused and taking her name too seriously!

someone should biatch slap that stinking rich woman with no damn sense!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2011
SPA !!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2011
Lewis overtakes Maldonado in Q2 and still makes P1! shocked
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2011
Alonso snatches P1 (Q2) at the last minute. Sadly Jenson is out and Lewis car is damaged.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2011
Vettel gets poll.

Vettel
Lewis
Webber

Massa beats Alonso for the first time and Senna makes 6th on his first qualifiers since his return, nice one! Also great quali from Lewis with his patched up car.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
The race hasn't even started yet and Vettels tyres are massively fu'cked already! I hope Lewis can pass him safely before the first corner.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 6:13pm On Aug 28, 2011
Good victory for Vettel, storming charge by Button and bad luck for Lewis. It seems Webber has forgotten how to start from d line properly.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2011
great start from the Ferraris and then. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh well! 4th today and a move to 3rd in the championship aint so bad for el señor Alonso, lol!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2011
Vettel has just about wrapped up the championship, I can't see anyone catching him now.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by A40(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2011
Beaf:

Vettel has just about wrapped up the championship, I can't see anyone catching him now.
Was there any doubts? Dude keeps a very even keel and is so drama-free its almost annoying! The way he handles biz in qualifying is a joy to watch. Webber woulda been much closer if he started his races better

Button was the driver of yesterday tho closely followed by the master of the spa francorchamps Schummie. Suprisingly tame drive by Alonso ultimately poor tire selection did him in not to mention Vettel's good fortune with the safety car incident
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2011
The Turkish Grand Prix has been dropped from the Formula 1 calendar for 2012.

The Istanbul Park track was included in a provisional schedule but has been excluded from the final 20-race line-up, which was confirmed by the FIA on Wednesday.
India will take Turkey’s place, while Bahrain returns to the 20-race itinerary after civil unrest forced the race to be cancelled earlier this season.
The first race will take place in Australia on 18 March, while Britain will welcome Formula 1 to Silverstone on the weekend of 6-8 July
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2011
MONZA!! One of my fav GP's.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 11, 2011
Beaf:

Dis statement should hav been made about three months ago. Lol
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2011
Todays race promises to be ultra charged. Vettel, Hamilton, Button, Alonso, Webber, in that order. Vettel will be tested again today by the mclarens. Looking forward to it.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2011
In the end that clown, Schumacher gives way for Lewis to go through. He had been breaking the rules deliberately by chopping across, even Ross Brawn had to keep calling to warn him about it. If Lewis had done that even a quarter of that dangerous shiit, the FIA would have penalised him.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by cold(m): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2011
E no go eva beta for that shoemaker angry
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2011
why is everyone on Schumi's case?! wasnt it the same Schumi that Jenson easily passed?!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by cold(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2011
^^Young man didn't you watch the race?Shu was making more than one move,a clear violation of the rules.And Lewis judging from his DNF in the last race was just being tentative & didn't want to take any chances.This was indeed a tamed Lewis.The FIA should have taken a more drastic measure against Shumacher
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2011
^^here is a simple clue: Ham should have done what Jenson did, et voila!
Jenson showed, ONCE AGAIN, that he was the better driver!

i mean, they both have the same car, and yet Ham is biatching on the radio about the violation of the rule while Jenson passes MSC without even a sweat!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by cold(m): 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2011
^^Don't let your dislike for Lewis cloud your judgment.Shumacher violated the rules,end of!Whether Jenson overtook him easily or not is inconsequential but that wouldn't make any difference to you,after all it's Lewis we're talking about
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2011
Schumacher never tried to chop Jensen, he only did it to Lewis.
Its beginning to become quite clear that the F1 authorities want to frustrate him out of the sport.

I like the way Lewis played the game today, as well as with the Kobayashi incident. If I were him I would just lie low as he's doing now, keep gathering evidence and then sue the bollocks off the FIA.
There are enough glaring incidents to do that now and according to the commentary, the paddock was abuzz with whispers that Lewis would have had the FIA on his back if he had as much as attempted one of Schumacher's numerous dangerous moves. It takes a lot for a team principal to come on the radio to warn an experienced driver several times that he was breaking the rules.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 4:07pm On Sep 11, 2011
Vettel is proving d doubters wrong. Just look at how he took to Alonso in d early stages. Magnificent all round driver he is proving to be.

As for Schumi vs Lewis during d race. It was one of d best part of d gp. I can't quite understand those who insist Michael broke d rules. He didn't. Was d manner of his contest with Lewis fair? At times yes, at other times no. But did he actually break d rules? No, he didn't. Fairness, respect and good sportmanship are good things, but if a driver choose to ignore them, it doesn't mean they have broken d rules. Fact is Schumi decided to make passing him, as difficult as he could for Lewis.Yes he intentionally held Lewis up affecting his race, but it was his right to defend his position within d rules, which he certainly did. Lewis himself was too tentative and didn't want to take a risk (see how Vettel attacked Fernando), instead expecting Schumi to make it easy for him as he did for Jenson. Schumi was probably not sportsman-like, but it was not illegal. So can pple stop making seem like Schumi has a case to answer with d stewards.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by omar22(m): 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2011
Didn't Lewis get a 25 second penalty for moving twice in front of FIA's beloved Alonso in Sepang? Schumacher was guilty of the same rule they punished Lewis for in Malaysia
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 11:14pm On Sep 11, 2011
montelik:

Vettel is proving d doubters wrong. Just look at how he took to Alonso in d early stages. Magnificent all round driver he is proving to be.

As for Schumi vs Lewis during d race. It was one of d best part of d gp. I can't quite understand those who insist Michael broke d rules. He didn't. Was d manner of his contest with Lewis fair? At times yes, at other times no. But did he actually break d rules? No, he didn't. Fairness, respect and good sportmanship are good things, but if a driver choose to ignore them, it doesn't mean they have broken d rules. Fact is Schumi decided to make passing him, as difficult as he could for Lewis.Yes he intentionally held Lewis up affecting his race, but it was his right to defend his position within d rules, which he certainly did. [b]Lewis himself was too tentative and didn't want to take a ris[/b]k (see how Vettel attacked Fernando), instead expecting Schumi to make it easy for him as he did for Jenson. Schumi was probably not sportsman-like, but it was not illegal. So can pple stop making seem like Schumi has a case to answer with d stewards.

Why do you think Lewis was so tentative?
There is overt racism in the sport, for the first time ever after an F1 I didn't bother to watch highlights or read any titbits. As soon as Lewis and Alonso crossed the line, I switched the tele off.

Schumacher broke the rules to the extent that his team principal, not even his engineer came on the radio more than once to warn him about his tactics in barely hidden code. It was black and white.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 6:31am On Sep 12, 2011
^^here is a simple clue: Ham should have done what Jenson did, et voila!
Jenson showed, ONCE AGAIN, that he was the better driver!

Didnt Button spend the whole race looking at Schumacher's gear last season in Malaysia
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 12, 2011
Don't u people just give up this Hamilton analysis for once and focus on a brilliant driver winning a race, c'mon people. Imagine discussing a fight for fourth place. Didn't u people see d Jenson's o/take on Alonso. Every race some people must find somehow how to discuss Hamilton. There is no racism in d sport, mind u. We are tired oof that same excuse. It has become d excuse of the black man in not being succesful. I ask u was there racism when he won the championship back in 2008, make una leave matter. I guess if he had passed Schumi then, some people here would start singing his song again. He didn't have a podium finish end of story. Hamilton said it himself "that's racing". People should start getting used to it. He aint the only one that races. Sometimes u get the penalty some times u don't. Deal with it.cism when he won the championship back in 2008, make una leave matter. I guess if he had passed Schumi then, some people here would start singing his song again. He didn't have a podium finish end of story. Hamilton said it himself "that's racing". People should start getting used to it. He aint the only one that races. Sometimes u get the penalty some times u don't. Deal with it.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^thank you!!!!!!!!

here they are all (the Ham Cheerleading squad) whining about how MSC defended his position, while VETTEL was flying pass everyone winning the race. even Jenson who flew passed Alonso couldn't reduce the gap that Vettel had set. THAT should be the topic of discussion!

let us all rejoice and accept the DOMINANCE of this young driver over everyone else on the field rather than try to make excuses for the poor performance of others. you dont see me trying to make excuses for Alonso/Ferrari, do you? you all should pray that next year Ferrari and Mc Laren will work on their cars and hopefully be more competitive and reduce the massacre!!!!!!

ps: if ANYONE thinks that F1 is a racist sport then they surely SHOULDN'T watch it or help raise their rating. . . . . . . . . . and probably should go and watch EPL, there aint a drop of racism there, yeah right!!!!

cold:

^^Don't let your dislike for Lewis cloud your judgment.Shumacher violated the rules,end of!Whether Jenson overtook him easily or not is inconsequential but that wouldn't make any difference to you,after all it's Lewis we're talking about

let the STEWARDS decide if anyone has done something wrong or not. you are all trying to make it look like Ham was winning the race and he only lost because of what MSC did, bwaaaah!
stop trying to make excuses for his failure to finish on the podium, while praising him as the best driver in the universe when he wins a race!

omar22:

Didn't Lewis get a 25 second penalty for moving twice in front of FIA's beloved Alonso in Sepang? Schumacher was guilty of the same rule they punished Lewis for in Malaysia

so what you are clearly saying is that: MSC should have been penalized AFTER the race with a 20sec penalty added to his time, right?
may i ask: would that have changed ANYTHING to Ham's poor performance or 4th place finish?! lol
should we now disregard the stewards call because a few Ham Cheerleaders are not happy?

@beaf
look back at F1 history, the same "supposedly" frustrating tactics happened to SENNA but he simply got up and show them all that he WAS the best driver out there. this IS what a truly gifted driver does, he PROVES THEM WRONG ON THE CIRCUIT, instead of crying about his treatment (like a biatch) while NOT winning any championships! lol

baby-boy:

Didnt Button spend the whole race looking at Schumacher's gear last season in Malaysia

and your point is?!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 9:49am On Sep 13, 2011
he PROVES THEM WRONG ON THE CIRCUIT, instead of crying about his treatment (like a biatch) while NOT winning any championships! lol

Like how Alonso was Crying after he puffed and puffed behind Petrov in Abu Dhabi and still couldn't pass, Hearing "Fernando use all your talent to pass Petrov from the pit" was a classic moment, you would think Alonso's car would turn into Knightrider and jump over the Renault , lol
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2011
MRbrownJAY: @beaf
look back at F1 history, the same "supposedly" frustrating tactics happened to SENNA but he simply got up and show them all that he WAS the best driver out there. this IS what a truly gifted driver does, he PROVES THEM WRONG ON THE CIRCUIT, instead of crying about his treatment (like a biatch) while NOT winning any championships! lol

--Beaf shakes head in sorrow and disbelief--

Please say things that make sense.
In the recent past, F1 also had the likes of Max Mosley (son of a Nazi) who got intimate licks from prost!tutes clad in Nazi uniforms. Should we bring the Nazi's back because the head of the FIA that victimised Senna loved his Nazi shows? Is the muck of the past good reason for racism? Why not just wheel in public hangings and the Ku Klux Clan since the past is brilliant?

Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
Beaf:

--Beaf shakes head in sorrow and disbelief--

Please say things that make sense.
In the recent past, F1 also had the likes of Max Mosley (son of a Nazi) who got intimate licks from prost!tutes clad in Nazi uniforms. Should we bring the Nazi's back because the head of the FIA that victimised Senna loved his Nazi shows? Is the muck of the past good reason for racism? Why not just wheel in public hangings and the Ku Klux Clan since the past is brilliant?

lol, what is Beaf on about?! what has Max Mosley got to do with anything?! when did Mosley victimized Senna? abeg if you dont know what you are talking about then pls dont say anything!!!!!

most, if not all, of the "unfair treatments" towards Senna were from AND UNDER Balestre who was the FIA president BEFORE Mosley, duh!!!!
he was unfairly treated because Balestre was rooting for Prost (each being French) and the president was making everything in his power to have Prost as world champion, even disregarding the F1 rules (check what happened in Suzuka 89 AND Suzuka 90 for more infos).

what i was previously showing you was what "THE GREATS" did when facing adversity. . . . . . . .since all you and your cheerleading squad are quick to compare Ham with the likes of Senna and M.Schumacher.

RACIST/RACISM ARE HERE TO STAY, IN EVERY SPORTS. people can either take it or go watch/participate in something else!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 3:12am On Sep 14, 2011
^
Nobody ever said or insinuated that Max Mosley victimised Senna. I am only taking your strange analogy further and asking you to call for the return of Max Mosley and his Nazi love, since it happened in the past too.

There are lines not to be crossed, no matter how much you hate Lewis. I see you don't agree to that, so why not welcome Hitler back? lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Sack Niko Kovac After 5-1 Defeat / Community Shield: DSTV Apologize For Not Airing Chelsea Vs Manchester City / Ndidi Scores As Leicester Beat A Below Par Chelsea To Top The EPL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.