Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season (22490 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2011
the fact that Vettel had gearbox problem, and STILL finished 8sec ahead of the rival teams, says a lot about the clear advantage of the RBR cars. it even becomes boring to watch! (for me anyway)
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2011
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2011
what a great news, i guess i may be rooting for another team next year!!!!!
now let's all hope that the next 4months will brings some SERIOUS improvements so that we can enjoy watching the races again!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by A40(m): 4:51pm On Nov 29, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

the fact that Vettel had gearbox problem, and STILL finished 8sec ahead of the rival teams, says a lot about the clear advantage of the RBR cars. it even becomes boring to watch! (for me anyway)
I still think Jenson Button's Brawn Mercedes was worse his car made the others look like Mini Cooper's

Shame Kubica wont be back on time next season i doubt he would ever be able to live up to his full potential with that horrific crash! Here's hoping Kimi gets a car that would make his return worthwhile
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 11:34am On Nov 30, 2011

do you honestly think a car would have a gear box problem would complete the race, gear box problem and still churning out fastest laps, if the chance to beat Schumachers record was still up Webber would have to kiss good bye that win,
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2011
baby-boy:

do you honestly think a car would have a gear box problem would complete the race, gear box problem and still churning out fastest laps, if the chance to beat Schumachers record was still up Webber would have to kiss good bye that win,

did Vettel post fastest laps from the moment he had gearbox issues?! dont understand your post.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 8:31am On Dec 01, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

did Vettel post fastest laps from the moment he had gearbox issues?! dont understand your post.

Yeah, he did. He was exchanging fastest laps with Webber until the team ordered him to stop it.
I don't believe anything was wrong with his car.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 8:37am On Dec 01, 2011
I really feel for Kimi. From two top teams, down the ladder to Renault.
O well! At least we'll get classic, forthright stuff like this interview in F1 again! grin

Kimi: "I was having a shiit."

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MlsMVzrp2o[/flash]
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2011
Kimi probably won't be with Renault beyond next season. I can already see him at Red Bull alongside Vettel in 2013. Unless Webber has a spectacular season next year its likely his last at Red Bull if not F1. Mercedes could also be a potential destination by 2013. Ferrari might be interested in re-acquiring him but with d long-term commitment to Alonso I doubt its possible. Mclaren are perfectly comfortable with their setup, so no reason to mess with it unless some one throws a tantrum.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2011
montelik:

Kimi probably won't be with Renault beyond next season. I can already see him at Red Bull alongside Vettel in 2013. Unless Webber has a spectacular season next year its likely his last at Red Bull if not F1. Mercedes could also be a potential destination by 2013. Ferrari might be interested in re-acquiring him but with d long-term commitment to Alonso I doubt its possible. Mclaren are perfectly comfortable with their setup, so no reason to mess with it unless some one throws a tantrum.

I don't think Red Bull will have an ice cold person who doesn't give a damn about anything upstaging Vettel. Kimi cannot attract sponsorship money, wouldn't give a damn about adverts and PR etc. Don't forget that Kimi was the worst World champ, his season just came and went. Red Bull would rather have a Lewis or Alonso, and they've said so too and those two can pull in money and crowds.

Mercedes would be a great bet if Schumi leaves and Kimi already knows a thing or two about them through his time at McLaren. Also Mercedes isn't into any sort of glamour. The only issue is how he would mix with Ross Brawn, that guy looks pretty severe and no-nonsense.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 04, 2011
Beaf:

Yeah, he did. He was exchanging fastest laps with Webber until the team ordered him to stop it.
I don't believe anything was wrong with his car.

i had to look back at the data of the race because i didnt notice that during the race . . . . . . . and you guys are right!
now the important question is: why hand over a win to Webber? is it like a parting gift? a mental boost before the end of the season?
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 11:04am On Dec 05, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

i had to look back at the data of the race because i didnt notice that during the race . . . . . . . and you guys are right!
now the important question is: why hand over a win to Webber? is it like a parting gift? a mental boost before the end of the season?

The apparent fixing of the last race only heightens my distrust for Red Bull's handling of its driver team members.
IMHO, the gap in performance between Webber and Vettel this season as compared to last, is highly suspicious. Its even more so when Webber has been the only one to break down and nurse engine problems this season (aside Vettels tyre blow up).
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 06, 2011
exactly!!!! what else have they been doing in the background? the difference between Vettel and Webber is now VERY suspicious, to say the least.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2011

If Vettel had won in Abu Dhabi that would mean he could break or equal Schumacher's record in Brazil meaning Webber would be royally screwed probably a different set up to Vettel,  The reason why he handed a win to Webber is because Webber has obeyed team orders all season without compaining so the decent thing RBR could do is to hand Webber a win
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 11:31am On Dec 08, 2011
[flash=200,200]http://www.gpupdate.net/en/embed/1657/" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/flash]
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by A40(m): 11:59am On Dec 09, 2011
Schumacher's legacy called into question

My question is why do these guys wait so long before they speak out? 17 years is a mighty long time bro. Besides did he cheat his way to the next six?? Anyway when you are on top the loser always has everyone to blame but himself

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08122011/58/schumacher-cheated-first-world-title.html
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2011
The Brits would forever be bitter about what happened to Damon Hill, apart from that I dont see anything wrong in the next 6 championships he won, yes Schummy pushes the limit but after 4 years or season of a borefest of Hill, Villeneuve and Hakkinnen, Schummy winning saved F1, Benetton Cheating is old news, Alonso's car was illegal when he won, when they found out, they could have thrown cars out of the championship but the dominance of Schummy was starting to hit f1 in the pocket, f1 needed a new champion desperately thats why Alonso and Fisci to continue the season. the same Benatton had Nelson Pique Jr to crash into the wall, the same issue Jos Verstappen is claim is also been labelled against Seb Vettel's car that allows his car to go through corners at extremely unthinkable speed.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by A40(m): 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2011
baby-boy:

The Brits would forever be bitter about what happened to Damon Hill, apart from that I dont see anything wrong in the next 6 championships he won, yes Schummy pushes the limit but after 4 years or season of a borefest of Hill, Villeneuve and Hakkinnen, Schummy winning saved  F1,  Benetton Cheating is old news
Na inferiority complex go kill those Brits! Are they talking of a Damon Hill that won his first title at almost 40? Neither Hill nor Villeneuve woulda been able to match his consistency anyways as we found out in due time. Someone like Mika Hakkinen was a more worthy rival besides even in years Schummy didnt win he was always there or thereabouts which is more than can be said for his rivals

baby-boy:

, Alonso's car was illegal when he won, when they found out, they could have thrown cars out of the championship but the dominance of Schummy was starting to hit f1 in the pocket, f1 needed a new champion desperately thats why Alonso and Fisci to continue the season. the same Benatton had Nelson Pique Jr to crash into the wall, the same issue Jos Verstappen is claim is also been labelled against Seb Vettel's car that allows his car to go through corners at extremely unthinkable speed.
Dont let Team Alonso see this ooh they would skin u alive
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2011
A-40:

Dont let Team Alonso see this ooh they would skin u alive

i will let that one slide, as we all know they will bring any cheap evidence to tarnish the guy's good name!

as for the claim from Verstappen, if he really was "that" good, his own F1 record should have spoken for itself (unless he claims Schumi cheated during all his career victories/titles)

why does he even bring such claim NOW?! and what has kart racing got to do with anything? does he want to challenge MSC to a kart race so that we can believe his story?! lol
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by A40(m): 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

i will let that one slide, as we all know they will bring any cheap evidence to tarnish the guy's good name!

as for the claim from Verstappen, if he really was "that" good, his own F1 record should have spoken for itself (unless he claims Schumi cheated during all his career victories/titles)

why does he even bring such claim NOW?! and what has kart racing got to do with anything? does he want to challenge MSC to a kart race so that we can believe his story?! lol
You dont have to if you dont want to but i believe we all know the P grin
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 7:06am On Dec 10, 2011

Winning team
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2011
baby-boy:

The Brits would forever be bitter about what happened to Damon Hill, apart from that I dont see anything wrong in the next 6 championships he won, yes Schummy pushes the limit but after 4 years or season of a borefest of Hill, Villeneuve and Hakkinnen, Schummy winning saved F1, Benetton Cheating is old news, Alonso's car was illegal when he won, when they found out, they could have thrown cars out of the championship but the dominance of Schummy was starting to hit f1 in the pocket, f1 needed a new champion desperately thats why Alonso and Fisci to continue the season. the same Benatton had Nelson Pique Jr to crash into the wall, the same issue Jos Verstappen is claim is also been labelled against Seb Vettel's car that allows his car to go through corners at extremely unthinkable speed.

I am not Alonso's fan, but I don't agree to the bolded. It was that pervert, Max Mosley doing his bit to cheat for Ferrari as was usual throughout his reign as FIA boss.
F1 cars have always used mass dampers and still use them. In fact it was McLaren that invented the device as the J-damper and Renault stole the idea in one of the spying cases to rock F1:

Shortly after its discovery, the inerter principle was used under the name of J-damper in the suspension systems of Formula 1 racing cars. When tuned to the natural oscillation frequencies of the tires, the inerter reduced the mechanical load on the suspension. McLaren Mercedes began using a J-damper in early 2005, and Renault shortly thereafter.

J-dampers were at the center of a Formula 1 spying case arisen when Phil Mackereth left McLaren for Renault.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inerter_(mechanical_networks)

Here's some of the wonders of the FIA of that period. God knows F1 improved a thousand fold the day mad Max was forced out and the FIA ceased to be an in your face part of F1.

At this point the politicking began. Renault made a strong start to 2006 and other teams questioned the legality of the dampers. The matter came before the stewards at the German Grand Prix who agreed that the system was legal.

Then, astonishingly, the FIA appealed against the stewards’ verdict.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/05/31/banned-tuned-mass-dampers/

All teams use a version of the device; the McLaren version was never banned and Lewis Hamilton won his championship with its aid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

12 Catégories Of Fans/persons You Are Sure To See In A Football Viewing Center / Iheanacho Voted Leicester’s Man Of The Match After Wonder Goal Vs Crystal Palace / Ranking Of Longest Home Runs In Europe's Top 20 Leagues: Anfield Only No.3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.