Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season (22514 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 8:48pm On Apr 11, 2011
montelik:

LOL. Please Lewis problems at d end of d race had nothing to do with Alonso, Mclaren confirmed it themselves. Find another excuse grin.
hehehe. I said one of the reasons. cheesy
It defo had to do with Alonso.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by babyboy3(m): 10:26am On Apr 12, 2011
How Alonso got 20 second is head scratching its either a drive through or 25 seconds to 30 seconds penalty! well knowing that Alonso is only 24 seconds ahead of the next driver  wink

What do you expect from the FIA (Ferrari Internationale de L’Automobile)

MARTIN WHITMARSH IS SIMPLY DISGUSTING! this pathetic excuse for a team principal is behind all this shenanigans against Hamilton, Mclaren under the helm of Ron Dennis want the best for Hamilton, but Whitmarsh as a petty line manager within Mclaren only wants to destroy him as to why we all don't know, anyone can take a guess! The evidence is there for all to see the consistent slow pitstops for Hamilton, poor strategies, reliability problems only evident on Hamilton's car, comments from Whitmarsh that Hamilton was just an experiment and a fragile individual unlike Button!

The races are being broadcast live, the pitstops and times are there for all to see in HIGH DEFINITION, yet these all seems to have sailed right over people's heads! No wonder politicians are able to weave their way to power and manipulate so many, it is because the average person is simply nothing more than a gullible fool!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2011
I'm telling you. Bring RON back.

Lewis spent 6.9 secs just to change tyres. WOW! That's like eternity in Formula1.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2011
The greatest testament to Lewis unmatched driving talent is the way he has been able to adapt to the new tyres; this year he has become even better than Jenson with tyres. With that in mind, it would be difficult for anybody to claim that Lewis used his tyres badly, especially as he had more than most of the other drivers. As I said earlier, after qualifying on Saturday, the McLarens and Red Bull had the same number of tyres for the race and more than the other teams.

IMHO there must be a very massive inquest going on at McLaren, because Lewis no doubt finished that race in 7th place with a fresh and UNUSED set of soft tyres in his corner of the McLaren garage. . . An incredible situation indeed!

When you consider that the softs were a second faster than the hards at that race, the questions multiply.

More than all of the above, considering the way Lewis fell backwards after his pit stops, it is quite certain that he was getting used hard tyres put on, instead of fresh ones, so in addition to the spare set of brand new softs he had, there would another two brand new sets of hards. It doesn't sound good and no team would ever admit such a blunder.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 9:47am On Apr 14, 2011
He may be on his way to RedBull! oh man. . .
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2011
Excuses, excuses, excuses. That is all I hear from d Lewis supporters. blame Whitmarsh, blame d car, blame Alonso, blame d stewards, blame d FIA. Well hopefully Lewis will put it together this weekend  with a strong performance in Shanghai, else all this hoopla about his awesomeness and unmatchable driving talent will begin to look seriously misplaced and overstated. 

grin  grin  grin
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2011
FBS:

He may be on his way to RedBull! oh man. . .

You never know! I guess though that Ron would be having serious words with Witmarsh. In the meantime, after analysing Lewis post race outburst I'm beginning to conclude that my analysis was spot on:

It was a shocking race, absolutely shocking,” he fumed. “I started second and finished seventh. The strategy and the pit stop mistake didn’t help. I stopped too early and twice went on the wrong tyres.”

-Lewis Hamilton
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2011
Ron is the man. No way he would be at the helm and Lewis will spend close to 7 secs for a pit stop. Not in Formula 1.
Plus the strategy was truly shocking. Twice on wrong tyres? oh man. . .
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by chic2pimp(m): 4:30pm On Apr 14, 2011
Dayummmm how did I see this thread? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 12:15am On Apr 15, 2011
Lewis has really wheeled out the fireworks at McLaren. The man is in a real rage after the stvpid pit stops and being given old tyres when he had fresh ones. Its gloves off time:

"I have got only a short period in Formula One and I want to be competitive," he said. "I want to win championships. If you're in a good enough place and you're happy then there's no need to go anywhere. But loyalty has its limits."

Hamilton was responding to comments made by McLaren's team principle, Martin Whitmarsh, that he wanted to sign up Hamilton and his team-mate and fellow world champion Jenson Button for "another five years".

Hamilton, who won the world title with McLaren in 2008, warned the team at the start of the season that he wanted to be remembered as a multiple world champion. On Thursday he said: "I've always enjoyed racing here and would like to continue but at the end of the year you have to assess what position you're in and what's happened."

When Hamilton, who has been with the Woking-based McLaren team since signing as a child prodigy, was asked whether he envisaged staying with them for his entire career. "I don't really envisage anything, to be honest," he said.

. . .

According to Hamilton, Red Bull – who would be favourites to sign him if he did move on, with Mercedes the dark horses – are getting stronger and stronger.

"They're better this year," he said in the build-up to Sunday's Chinese grand prix. "They're just getting better. The car is the quickest so now they can focus on other areas. Their pit stop is the fastest. They're in and out , boom , it's like clockwork."

Hamilton, who has just bought one of Prince's guitars for £61,000, is regarded as the finest "racer" in Formula One, and he may have been reminded of his vast potential after signing a new agent to replace his father, Anthony, from whom he parted professionally a year ago.

Whitmarsh's apparent desire to keep his current drivers at McLaren for years to come came as a surprise to Button. "He hasn't spoken to me about that yet," the 2009 champion said. "No one has mentioned it to me. But it's lovely to hear and I'm obviously doing something right. I will grill Martin on it."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/apr/14/lewis-hamilton-f1-mclaren
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by mystikal(m): 7:56am On Apr 15, 2011
Vettel continues his form. Fastest time in the Chinese Grand Prix Practice
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 8:01am On Apr 15, 2011
Typical  Hamilton tongue. So Lewis is already throwing his toys out of d pram after just 2 races. Usually I would see this as nothing but hot air before contract negotiation, after all Vettel did d same at d end of last season. But Lewis seems very serious.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2011
montelik:

Typical Hamilton tongue. So Lewis is already throwing his toys out of d pram after just 2 races. Usually I would see this as nothing but hot air before contract negotiation, after all Vettel did d same at d end of last season. But Lewis seems very serious.

Dude, my speculation that Lewis was given old tyres was proven correct. I wasn't aware that Lewis himself had said as much.
In all my years of watching F1, I've never heard of a team that has done that, even brand new teams. I've always been a McLaren fan (from Mika Hakinnen, through Rakonnen to Lewis), but that was a real clanger; I would blame any driver for blowing their top, its also interesting how fast Martin Whitmarsh reacted to forgive Lewis and try to kill the story with PR.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 7:28am On Apr 16, 2011
Disastrous qualifying session for Webber. Why didn't he used his softer tyres? Webber will start from 18th and meanwhile his KERS has packed up once again.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 7:38am On Apr 16, 2011
Red bull better pray that Vettel grabs pole, cos with Webber's position and d mechanical issues with his car, I doubt he is going to score any points this weekend. D Mclarens look like they mean business.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 8:26am On Apr 16, 2011
Looks like its going to be another Vettel and Red bull weekend. Vettel claims pole with d fastest lap ever on d Shangahi track. Its getting a little too easy.  cool Good to see Mercedes closer to front, good job Rosberg. But seriously red bull need to sort all these issues that are plaguing Webber.

1 Sebastian Vettel        1:33.706
2 Jenson Button  +00.715
3 Lewis Hamilton +00.757
4 Nico Rosberg    +00.964
5 Fernando Alonso      +01.413
6 Felipe Massa    +01.439
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2011
The reason behind it was clearly the last race showed how important it is to have fresh tyres during the race. Obviously we would have a used option if we are doing a three stop. In the last race I only had two options I could use and then I had a new prime and an old prime. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of fresh tyres so we are in quite a strong position. I have got the options I just qualified on, a new set of options and a new set of primes and a very decent set of options again. Just tried to increase the chances for the race as that is where it actually counts.

http://www.grandprix.com/race/r842satpc.html

Very interesting statement from Lewis. He had a choice of two option (soft) tyres, yet McLaren ran him on softs (for the first stint only), after that it was strictly primes to the extent that old tyres were put on his car. He clearly had enough tyres for that race from his own words, that was also a commonly known fact from his tyre use during quali.
It seems McLaren are trying to cover a serious set of blunders by blaming the poor tyre strategy on Lewis blackspotting a set of options. lol!
If I recall, Jenson, Vettel and quite a few others did the same, so thats just the lamest PR that McLaren can reach for.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 8:07am On Apr 17, 2011
Great start by d Mclarens, they just swamped Vettel. Button looks to be really up for it this weekend.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by montelik(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2011
Old war horse Schumi also had a great start.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 8:11am On Apr 17, 2011
Bloody hell! Looks like its going to be an exciting race!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 8:39am On Apr 17, 2011
Jenson must have had a bung before the race, imagine stopping in the Red Bull pit box! grin
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by cold(m): 9:21am On Apr 17, 2011
Hamilton is on FIREEE!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 9:33am On Apr 17, 2011
niceeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by cold(m): 9:33am On Apr 17, 2011
Yes!Yes!Yes!Hamilton takes the lead,nice one  cool
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 9:40am On Apr 17, 2011
Lewis wins!!!!!!!!!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2011
Brilliant racing Lewis and Webber! Wow!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Bisijames(m): 9:48am On Apr 17, 2011
Love him or hate him Hamilton is the best out there.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Phony200(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2011
Man of the Race goes to Webber. In a sport where overtaking can be so hard, I can believe he made up 15places! Two more laps and he'd have caught Vettel too. Great race. The new tires and all means strategies are not yet finetuned to complete understanding by the teams. However, with the new rules, it's going to be a very FUN reason to watch.
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by FBS: 10:41am On Apr 17, 2011
What a race. Definitely one of the best in many seasons.

I don't know what Whitmarsh ate today but he made the right calls. The 3 pit stops strategy eventually paid off.
Good job Jonathan Neale and to the whole crew. How they managed to fix the fuel leak just before the race. Superb.
Big-ups to McLaren for allowing the two drivers to compete and keeping it clean. Alonso would never have accepted that.
Lewis H- oh my. . .what a pilot. What a driver. Amazing performance.

And Webber. Waaaaaaaaa! from 18 to 3rd? He is good!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Goldieluks: 11:07am On Apr 17, 2011
I am sooooooooooooooooooooo glad that Lewis Halmilton won the race.Yipeeee!!!
that Jason should sod off!!!!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Goldieluks: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2011
But Michael Schumacher should quit,old things have passed away,jor!
Re: Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season by Beaf: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2011
Why does a peep into the crystal ball tell me that team Ferarri will soon implode. . . And its all Massa's fault! Dude isn't following the rules and driving a safe distance behind Alonso, with light entertainment of peeping into the spaniards exhaust every once in a while. Lol!
Instead, he is filling Alonso's breadth with his brake dust!

Folk, expect the baby out the window, following shortly by the bathtub, a Spanish bomb is gonna blow real soon! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Wayne Rooney Scores First Major League Soccer Hat-Trick (Photos, Video) / Tribute To Mikel Obi As Sunset For His Int'l Retirement After AFCON 2019 / Muhammad Ali Rushed To Hospital With Respiratory Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.