Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:48 AM

The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" (3178 Views)

Can Prayer Change God's Mind or plan? / Osinbajo's Enemies Are Mainly From South West - UK Pastor Reveals God's Mind / Pastor E.A Adeboye Celebrates 77th Birthday With Powerful Word Of Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Image123(m): 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
Xmuslim:

If your God is not expected to be understood because he's not operating in the logic and commonsense realm, how did you know the religion he wants you to practice. Obviously, there are many illogical claims in every religion. Why didn't you chose Islam? Why Christianity?

You should of course understand God, i did not say you should not understand God. However you cannot FULLY understand God. You continue to grow in your understanding. i guess that pretty much goes for anything. You continue to research and discover. The problem with you though is that you expect to fully understand God before anything serious. Life does not work that way. Work does not work that way, marriage does not work that way, even medicine does not work that way. Again NOTE CAREFULLY, God is not averse to or mutually exclusive to logic and reason. i said He is greater than it, He transcends it. He is not subject to it. You cannot say for instance that anything that does not enter your logic is false or unreal.

When you ask why Christianity, i think you are deviating. But lemme answer you succinctly. Because Christianity makes claims and results that none else makes.
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT MANY ATHEISTS ON THIS BOARD DON'T FARE BADLY IN LIFE. MANY ARE LIVING COMFORTABLY MORE THAN MANY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.
WE SUCCEED IN LIFE WHEN WE WORK HARD, AND FAIL LIKE YOU WHEN FAILURE COMES BECAUSE BELIEVING IN GOD OR BEING RELIGIOUS DOESN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING.

LET ME BE HONEST, LIFE IS REALLY DIFFICULT. WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I REALLY WISHED THERE WAS A GOD AS DESCRIBED IN THE BIBLE, YOU KNOW, ONE THAT LISTENS WHEN WE PRAY AND MAKES OUR LIVES EASIER. I WISHED HE EXISTED FOR SOME TIME THEN I GREW UP AND STOPPED WISHING, AND ACCEPTED LIFE THE WAY IT IS.

MANY TIMES CHRISTIANS CLAIM WE ARE ATHEISTS BECAUSE WE'RE EXPERIENCING HARDSHIP SO WE QUESTION GOD. NO, THIS IS NOT FUNNY. IT'S STUPID TO THINK THIS WAY. NIGERIA IS A RELIGIOUS NATION BUT WHERE ARE WE IN THE BOOKS OF SUCCESS, ADVANCEMENT, HEALTH, TECHNOLOGY? NOWHERE.

THE POOREST PEOPLE IN NIGERIA ARE RELIGIOUS. LOOK AROUND YOU AND STOP PLAYING FOOL WITH YOUR OWN SELF. SHOULD WE LOOK AT THIS FORUM? MANY OF US HERE ARE DOING JUST GREAT IN LIFE. WHEN WE CREDIT RANDOM BANK ACCOUNTS WE KNOW WE'RE HELPING THE SAME CHRISTIANS THAT THINK WE'RE FAILING BUT WE GO ON WITH IT BECAUSE WE KNOW RELIGION DOESN'T GUARANTEE SUCCESS.

WE'RE UNBELIEVABERS NOT BECAUSE WE'RE LACKING. IF THAT'S THE CASE 90% OF NIGERIANS WILL DROP THEIR BELIEFS TOO BECAUSE THIS POPULATION IS HUNGRY, SICK AND DYING.

Bless you.

Watch as those delusional and brainwashed Christians start spewing rubbish in response to this wonderful submission.

2 Likes

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Image123(m): 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
hakeem4:

Love is easily explained as an emotion supporting simple biological processes. Modern science has isolated the chemicals involved in the feelings and the programming that causes the release of these chemicals is inbuilt and a result of evolution. The word is often used for other purposes which have their own explanations. There is no external force called ‘love’ it is merely an umbrella term for some human emotions. It in no way supports the idea of God.

I don’t know what the bible describes god as but I know it made so many large claims like

1) he created human
2) he created the universe.

But our current understanding doesn’t support the idea of a creator

i had to smile.
i did not ask for what causes love, the process or chemicals. i did not even say love supports God. i said like you said that love is an emotion. i also said love is not subject to logic or reasoning. Since you did not seem to understand this simple statement, let me explain it. (It is funny though that you want to fully understand God, if you cannot even understand simple statements about love or some of your classwork).

You must have seen people "in love". Maybe some are even your relatives, brother, sister or even you. They have that emotion, call it whatever name, infatuation, obsession whatever. There's that EMOTION they have that defies reason. And sometimes the whole family and friends are logically wondering what this girl sees in this guy and vice versa. The point here is that this EMOTIONs exists everywhere. They are undeniable. Yet you cannot fully subject them to logic or reasoning. They are in a different class. They do not operate by reason or logic only.
i want to guess and hope you understand or agree with this so far?

On the omnis, so you do not even know the Bible's definition? Okay oh, but you are judging what you do not know? If i may ask, what does your CURRENT understanding support as the start of human beings?
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Image123(m): 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin you did not get it grin

How can 1 query, have 12 Other Queries, Placed Within it?

And not that the 12 Queries are Connected to Each Other oh, Neither do they have Nexus to the Posted Query.

And in your mind you are Rational!

Head to Exam Room 1, Your Doctor is Waiting to Receive You There grin!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy That's what i told him o
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by oranget(m): 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
atheistandproud:
As a child I was taught in Bible school as well as by a man, Uncle Chris, a dedicated JW who taught me the Bible thrice every week that God was omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

Omniscient means knowing every thing. To quote a verse, "he that seeth the end from the beginning".

Omnipresent means being everywhere at once. "His spirit moved across the length and breadth of the land searching for one good man".

[s]Anyway according to the same Bible in Job, Satan is also omnipresent as well.[/s] Lol.

Then you have omnipotent or all powerful.

These three features are fundamental godlike properties that are only ascribed to the ultimate deity of the Christian pantheon.

Christians have always claimed two conflicting positions.

1. Not knowing the mind of their favourite deity.

2. Knowing what he wants.

Those who have observed very well will tell you that these are interestingly used in varying situations as a cop out from difficult questions and situations.

If YHWH is omniscient and he has a plan and his plan is good, when you pray for something different, you're essentially asking him (hypothetically, that's if he exists) to change his mind. Do you honestly believe as a mere mortal, you know better than the supreme deity of the Christian pantheon so much as to even think his plan is wrong and yours is right? So if you don't know as well as god does, isn't prayer futile?

If your plan and god's are in the same line? Doesn't it make it prayer a pointless effort as god's will is going to be done regardless?

Finally, in the larger picture or on the grand scheme of things, the earth on which we live in is in a backwater solar system on the far side of the galaxy. Do you think that if a supreme galactic overlord exists, a tiny human can change his mind?

God is not perfect, he actually regretted that he had created humans in genesis. Did the all seeing and all knowing dude fail to see the future? That means he's no omniscient then.

Can we imagine now, for example that the lady who was killed in church, that was god's plan for her life from birth because well... mysterious ways blah blah blah?

Don't you think that she believed god loved her too and that bad things are not her portion?

Let me finish with Epicurus...

Nowhere in the Bible is Satan referred to as omnipresent.
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Image123(m): 6:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL
GOD CANNOT BE UNDERSTOOD, BUT I "KNOW" HE WANTS ME TO BE A CHRISTIAN. WHEN I PRAY HE ANSWERS, OR KEEPS ME ON HOLD BUT I "KNOW" HE HAS THE BEST PLANS FOR ME.
GOD CANNOT BE UNDERSTOOD AND HE WORKS IN "MYSTERIOUS" WAYS.

BUT I "KNOW" HE WILL BLESS ME AND LISTEN TO ME WHEN I PRAY AND TITHE. cheesy

Nobody said God cannot be understood, do not jump the gun in adolescent excitement. If we did not understand God, how would we follow Him? We've said, not everything about God is explained by logic or subject to logic. A miracle for instance may not be rational.
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by kingxsamz(m): 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
truespeak:
Because things are Not going well for you, atheists, that's why you cry and say God does not answer prayers and "that there is no God".

Well, Nigeria has millions of poor citizens. Most of them are either Christians or Muslims who 'supposedly' serve the same god.
Now if prayers really worked wouldn't their case be different from the atheists?
But I guess you don't put your brain to work, so it's okay.

3 Likes

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by atheistandproud(m): 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
oranget:

Nowhere in the Bible is Satan referred to as omnipresent.

Bible evidence

Job 1 Vs 6 down

When the angels presented themselves before god in heaven, surprise surprise, Lucifer was present. He wasn't just present, he was welcomed. He was a participant of that meeting.

Funnily enough, when asked what he had been up to, he simply replied, he's been to and fro the Earth.

In the new testament he's referred to as a roaring lion ever present, seeking whom to devour. 1 Pet 5 Vs

Common sense
If Satan is tempting people in all over the world at once according to your religion to do evil simultaneously, doesn't that infer omnipresence?

1 Like

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Image123(m): 6:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT MANY ATHEISTS ON THIS BOARD DON'T FARE BADLY IN LIFE. MANY ARE LIVING COMFORTABLY MORE THAN MANY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.
WE SUCCEED IN LIFE WHEN WE WORK HARD, AND FAIL LIKE YOU WHEN FAILURE COMES BECAUSE BELIEVING IN GOD OR BEING RELIGIOUS DOESN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING.

LET ME BE HONEST, LIFE IS REALLY DIFFICULT. WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I REALLY WISHED THERE WAS A GOD AS DESCRIBED IN THE BIBLE, YOU KNOW, ONE THAT LISTENS WHEN WE PRAY AND MAKES OUR LIVES EASIER. I WISHED HE EXISTED FOR SOME TIME THEN I GREW UP AND STOPPED WISHING, AND ACCEPTED LIFE THE WAY IT IS.

MANY TIMES CHRISTIANS CLAIM WE ARE ATHEISTS BECAUSE WE'RE EXPERIENCING HARDSHIP SO WE QUESTION GOD. NO, THIS IS NOT FUNNY. IT'S STUPID TO THINK THIS WAY. NIGERIA IS A RELIGIOUS NATION BUT WHERE ARE WE IN THE BOOKS OF SUCCESS, ADVANCEMENT, HEALTH, TECHNOLOGY? NOWHERE.

THE POOREST PEOPLE IN NIGERIA ARE RELIGIOUS. LOOK AROUND YOU AND STOP PLAYING FOOL WITH YOUR OWN SELF. SHOULD WE LOOK AT THIS FORUM? MANY OF US HERE ARE DOING JUST GREAT IN LIFE. WHEN WE CREDIT RANDOM BANK ACCOUNTS WE KNOW WE'RE HELPING THE SAME CHRISTIANS THAT THINK WE'RE FAILING BUT WE GO ON WITH IT BECAUSE WE KNOW RELIGION DOESN'T GUARANTEE SUCCESS.

WE'RE UNBELIEVABERS NOT BECAUSE WE'RE LACKING. IF THAT'S THE CASE 90% OF NIGERIANS WILL DROP THEIR BELIEFS TOO BECAUSE THIS POPULATION IS HUNGRY, SICK AND DYING.

Believing in God or being religious is not a passport to becoming rich. True christians do not teach that. That is what we attack as "prosperity doctrine". The Bible clearly shows the need for hardwork, diligence and a combination of factors to becoming financial prosperity. One road alone does not enter the market like they say.

Many things can make one a believer or unbeliever. In the real fact, adversity draws people to God than prosperity. So i do not know where you heard that people become atheists because of hardship. The Bible says the opposite and Africa and poor countries show that poor people usually are more attracted to religion.
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by truespeak: 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

Whilst what you say is true, for I see it too, but have you noticed that really, evil people are prospering?

Do you not think something else is at play? That is, He could be blessing them like the prodigal son, Knowing that they shall not have be having any other good thing after that?

I honestly think that God is Playing with evil people, in that He is giving them much goodness so that when they die, they would not be able to say that He was not good to them or that they did not have a lot of good things in this life.

While the poor Christians are like Lazarus who did not have much goods in this life, yet they shall be consoled with Eternal Life where they would not be unhappy just as Lazarus got to meet with Abraham and therefore he was happy.

This is just my little contribution which I have also seen with my eyes.
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by CAPSLOCKED: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
truespeak:

Whilst what you say is true, for I see it too, but have you noticed that really, evil people are prospering?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY EVIL, FIRST OF ALL?

Do you not think something else is at play? That is, could be blessing them like the prodigal son, Knowing that they shall not have be having any other good thing after that?
OF COURSE THIS IS TO COMFORT RELIGIOUS PEOPLE TO SUFFER IN PEACE ON EARTH FOR THEIR REWARD IS IN HEAVEN. THE SAME ELITE GETTING RICHER ARE THE SAME GROUP THAT CREATED THESE IDEAS TO KEEP POOR RELIGIOUS PEOPLE CHAINED TO THE GROUND.

I honestly think that God is Playing with evil people, in that He is giving them much goodness so that when they die, they would not be able to say that He was not good to them or that they did not have a lot of good things in this life.
WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS WHAT? "GARBAGE". READ MY LAST POINT ABOVE AND TAKE OFF YOUR GOWN OF FOOLERY.

While the poor Christians are like Lazarus who did not have much goods in this life, yet they shall be consoled with Eternal Life where they would not be unhappy just as Lazarus got to meet with Abraham and therefore he was happy.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE BEYOND REDEMPTION.

WHO ELSE SEES THE GOAL POST SHIFTING?

NOW IT IS GOD ALLOWING "EVIL" PEOPLE ENJOY RICHES WHILE LEAVING BELIEVERS POOR. I THOUGHT WE WERE ON THE PREMISE THAT ATHEISTS ARE THE POOR AND STRUGGLING ONES WHICH IS THE REASON FOR THEIR UNBELIEF? O'BOY!

6 Likes

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by truespeak: 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
kingxsamz:

Well, Nigeria has millions of poor citizens. Most of them are either Christians or Muslims who 'supposedly' serve the same god.
Now if prayers really worked wouldn't their case be different from the atheists?
But I guess you don't put your brain to work, so it's okay.

Why the insult? You can put your point across without resorting to it.

You are right that most people in Nigeria are poor All alike.

But this is the difference I have seen and uncovered, with names and addresses, I have really seen that those who really fear God, do do-well and do not suffer but are prosperous and do have a great life, in confirmation of the Word of God which says that the "righteous shall prosper and eat to their fill".

Since I discovered this my life changed and Life is Sweet.

So I believe that people do not properly pray, which I have seen neither do they understand the Lord, God, neither do they listen to Him nor realise that there is really no good way to make it without Him.

That's what I did for myself and I am glad to say that God Keeps His Words and Answers Prayers, Requests and Needs and even Wants too.
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by truespeak: 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WHO ELSE SEES THE GOAL POST SHIFTING?

NOW IT IS GOD ALLOWING "EVIL" PEOPLE ENJOY RICHES WHILE LEAVING BELIEVERS POOR. I THOUGHT WE WERE ON THE PREMISE THAT ATHEISTS ARE THE POOR AND STRUGGLING ONES WHICH IS THE REASON FOR THEIR UNBELIEF? O'BOY!

I did not change my stand, I said
"truespeak:
Because things are Not going well for you, atheists, that's why you cry and say God does not answer prayers and "that there is no God".

And you said
"CAPSLOCKED:
THE POOREST PEOPLE IN NIGERIA ARE RELIGIOUS. "

Standing on this your response, I answered above, so how could I have changed post when you were the one who introduced the issue of "the poor in Nigeria?"

This is not a change of post but a direct reply to an issue you raised.
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
Engaging religious folks in a conversation reduces one’s IQ.

These folks are beyond redemption.

6 Likes

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Hakeem12(m): 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

words on marble!!
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Hakeem12(m): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
Plead:

That's why I just don't bother. You can't argue with or convince anyone that has abandoned logic.

4 Likes

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Hakeem12(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
truespeak:

But this is the difference I have seen and uncovered, with names and addresses, I have really seen that those who really fear God, do do-well and do not suffer but are prosperous and do have a great life, in confirmation of the Word of God which says that the "righteous shall prosper and eat to their fill".

So I believe that people do not properly pray, which I have seen neither do they understand the Lord, God, neither do they listen to Him nor realise that there is really no good way to make it without Him.

That's what I did for myself and I am glad to say that God Keeps His Words and Answers Prayers, Requests and Needs and even Wants too.

What's the proper way to pray, what's the universally accepted way of doing that? Are you an authority figure on that? You talk about listening to him, how does one do that? Because I've never seen anyone talk about an objective way of doing that. It's always been subjective for most people.

1 Like

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Xmuslim: 6:31am On Jun 30, 2020
truespeak:

If this is the way of your God, I don't like him.

It's in the Qur'an too that God lure unbelievers with good stuffs in this life, so that when they die, they will end in hell fire.

I don't like Muslim God too.

If I were a God, my mission would be to save all humanity, because I would be a good God

4 Likes

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by atheistandproud(m): 6:44am On Jun 30, 2020
Plead:

Hakeem12:
That's why I just don't bother. You can't argue with or convince anyone that has abandoned logic.

That's why I don't even bother.

3 Likes

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Deicide: 6:53am On Jun 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
Hmmmmmmmm, you sure say na the same Bible we read
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 30, 2020
Image123:

You asked so many questions all at once, hope you were not crying when asking. This is a symptom of problems in the brain. Try one step at a time so you don't fall off a 13storey.
You came up with this after everything he said. Why don't you try to logically counter what he said? Must you theists behave like this all the time? It's really annoying. You say there is God okay, time for proof you just stick to calling people names so childish of you to do this.

4 Likes

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 30, 2020
truespeak:

My mother fears this god of yours and prays all the time but everytime disappointments suffering and pains. I've learnt at one point to accept the fact that God may not be omnibenevolent (all good) that he just stays back and doesn't care about how we survive, besides he made us that is a blessing enough must he suffer because we developed and cause 90% of our problems but then I started scrutinising the reason for his existence and to put it straight. I found nothing, like they say it is not possible for an object to exist without a designer, then that means God has a designer. If not how does he exist? And as you people always say God has no maker, then how can he exist? Why is he an exception to your own rule? It just doesn't make sense. And number two can God do something he doesn't know about remember he is omniscient and omnipotent so answer.

2 Likes

Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by truespeak: 9:25am On Jun 30, 2020
Xmuslim:

If this is the way of your God, I don't like him.

It's in the Qur'an too that God lure unbelievers with good stuffs in this life, so that when they die, they will end in hell fire.

I don't like Muslim God too.

If I were a God, my mission would be to save all humanity, because I would be a good God

Oh yeah, so you are Gooder than God!

Would your siblings, family, neighbours and colleagues say so? No need to lie to me for I know you would not say the truth and neither would I know if what you say is true, so lets put it aside.

So, in your great goodness better than God, you think it just and good and right that evil men should not be Punished for their wickedness to me?

Which consequentially means that, if I cry out for Justice and Balance and Compensation, you would not hear nor answer me, and I and others, harmed by them would be left unsatisfied, yet you claim that you are Gooder than God?

Which Also Means that you vet that the Doing of wickedness, and that it is good, according to your great goodness.

Tell me This (Another Opportunity to Lie) would you, being a man with great power and strength, bless the man who Rapes your wife and daughters, kills your children, burns your house and after he has done these things, shouts with Mockings and Abuses, Celebrating how he had done all these things to you, yet you did nothing, shall you bless that man with riches and houses and cars and food and pleasures?

Shall you not deliver unseen pain and never before heard sufferings and torture to him?

Common the one who sleeps with your wife no mere girlfriend sef, see how much damage and destruction you are willing to bring upon him, is it now the one who did all these things that shall escape?

Yet, you claim that you are Gooder than God!
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Dtruthspeaker: 9:47am On Jun 30, 2020
Elder0001:

That’s my alternate account.

Oh! That ain't right!

In these kind of issues of Truth, You Ought to be One and you must be One at all times, Because Truth is One.

That is why the devils Lose and Must Lose for he can not stand on One which is True, because he is a Liar and a Lie Can Never ever Stand on Any Truth, Like Darkness can not stay with light in the same place, at the same time.

Therefore, it is Needful for devil to have many lands and houses, Owned By Truth, to Run all over them as though it is his own, but when you check his ownership title, he Must Flee because by Truth Established and in Truth Established, he does not own any land, and can not own any land.

Therefore, he can never properly Possess any land he claims, if properly and rightfully challenged!
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Dtruthspeaker: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2020
Elder0001:

Bless you.

Watch as those delusional and brainwashed Christians start spewing rubbish in response to this wonderful submission.

Wait a minute, one of you is missing, Una Deliverer and Promoter, is not here?

Reeeed? lortReeeeeeeeed, Where art Thou? Your Disciples have been taking a bashing from the Lord, but you are not here, are you not going to save your Disciples?

CAPSLOCKED, where is your Daddy LortReed? He did not come here? But this Posts is his usual food and he is missing the parteee?

Hunger go kill am oh!
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Image123(m): 10:06am On Jun 30, 2020
Ausrichie:

You came up with this after everything he said. Why don't you try to logically counter what he said? Must you theists behave like this all the time? It's really annoying. You say there is God okay, time for proof you just stick to calling people names so childish of you to do this.

You that you're an adult, why do you delight in whining and yelling uncontrollably and incoherently for what does not exist?
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Dtruthspeaker: 10:11am On Jun 30, 2020
Image123:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy That's what i told him o

grin Yes you did. I saw you tell him, then he started woofing and howling at ya grin oh my that was funny.

Only for him to reveal his lack of comprehension to me grin got me shaking with laughter grin
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by kingxsamz(m): 10:12am On Jun 30, 2020
truespeak:

Do you not think something else is at play? That is, He could be blessing them like the prodigal son, Knowing that they shall not have be having any other good thing after that?

My guy... How did you go from "Atheists talk about god because they're suffering" to "God allows evil people to enjoy wealth"?... cheesy
You don shift this post too far o.
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by Dtruthspeaker: 10:16am On Jun 30, 2020
Hakeem12:

grin because logic is not True but a Lie and does not care about Truthss But Reason is Established in Truth.

And This Post Is About That Which is True and Eternal!

Not about lies and words and more lies
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by kingxsamz(m): 10:16am On Jun 30, 2020
Ausrichie:

My mother fears this god of yours and prays all the time but everytime disappointments suffering and pains. I've learnt at one point to accept the fact that God may not be omnibenevolent (all good) that he just stays back and doesn't care about how we survive, besides he made us that is a blessing enough must he suffer because we developed and cause 90% of our problems but then I started scrutinising the reason for his existence and to put it straight. I found nothing, like they say it is not possible for an object to exist without a designer, then that means God has a designer. If not how does he exist? And as you people always say God has no maker, then how can he exist? Why is he an exception to your own rule? It just doesn't make sense. And number two can God do something he doesn't know about remember he is omniscient and omnipotent so answer.

It's called special pleading...
They'll tell you something cannot exist without a creator, but quickly turn around to say the creator wasn't created.
Clowns.
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by truespeak: 10:18am On Jun 30, 2020
atheistandproud:

Bible evidence

Job 1 Vs 6 down

When the angels presented themselves before god in heaven, surprise surprise, Lucifer was present. He wasn't just present, he was welcomed. He was a participant of that meeting.

Funnily enough, when asked what he had been up to, he simply replied, he's been to and fro the Earth.

In the new testament he's referred to as a roaring lion ever present, seeking whom to devour. 1 Pet 5 Vs

Common sense
If Satan is tempting people in all over the world at once according to your religion to do evil simultaneously, doesn't that infer omnipresence?

I like how you stylishly comot the 'walking' from the to and fro. For your deceptively removing it, changes the meaning.

For we know say person wey dey waka up and down, waka to and fro all over the earth, no fit dey everywhere at once. Na better better suffer be dat sef. If you say na lie, try am now.

Come on!
Re: The Futility Of Prayers And Trying To "Change God's Mind" by kingxsamz(m): 10:19am On Jun 30, 2020
truespeak:

Oh yeah, so you are Gooder than God!

Would your siblings, family, neighbours and colleagues say so? No need to lie to me for I know you would not say the truth and neither would I know if what you say is true, so lets put it aside.

So, in your great goodness better than God, you think it just and good and right that evil men should not be Punished for their wickedness to me?

Which consequentially means that, if I cry out for Justice and Balance and Compensation, you would not hear nor answer me, and I and others, harmed by them would be left unsatisfied, yet you claim that you are Gooder than God?

Which Also Means that you vet that the Doing of wickedness, and that it is good, according to your great goodness.

Tell me This (Another Opportunity to Lie) would you, being a man with great power and strength, bless the man who Rapes your wife and daughters, kills your children, burns your house and after he has done these things, shouts with Mockings and Abuses, Celebrating how he had done all these things to you, yet you did nothing, shall you bless that man with riches and houses and cars and food and pleasures?

Shall you not deliver unseen pain and never before heard sufferings and torture to him?

Common the one who sleeps with your wife no mere girlfriend sef, see how much damage and destruction you are willing to bring upon him, is it now the one who did all these things that shall escape?

Yet, you claim that you are Gooder than God!

Your god has the power to end evil and take everyone to his "supposed" paradise.
But no.
Do you see why Xmuslim would have been a better god?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Secret About Tithing You Should Know / I Married A Religious Girl And I Think I Regret It. What Should I Do? / How Do Xtians Explain That The Book Of Jude Quotes The Apocryphal Book Of Enoch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.