Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,727 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? (1328 Views)

What's The Worst Piece Of Life Advice You've Ever Received? / The Most Expensive Gift You Ever Given The Opposite Sex? / The Worst Advice Your Parents Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 30, 2020
Mine was when my friend's girlfriend was pestering him for money for her house rent of #130,000. Actually he came to me for help. I was still naive at that time so I adviced him to simply give her the money since he was quite well to do as it wouldn't bring much harm doing so. "A man should be capable of supporting his woman in her time of need" I told him. Subsequently, he sent her the money and after 2 days, she told him she couldn't continue the relationship because he was just not her type. Apparently, my friend was adamant to end the relationship. But long story short, my friend is now single and broke. We met at a market two days after. He didn't even talk to me nor answer my greetings. I just kept quiet for peace to reign even though I felt sorry for him.
Over to you guys. What is the worst advice you've given or ever received from someone?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Kriss216: 11:55am On Jun 30, 2020
I once advised my guy to forgive his cheating girlfriend just cos she always bring food for us at the hostel then. He did..

If not for that girl then, hunger for finish man pikin.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2020
FreakDesign:
That guy mumu abeg
The guy mumu but na me give am go ahead. That's why I dey feel bad
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
Nairalanders, please keep the comments coming. This should be lit. Thanks smiley
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Kriss216: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
FreakDesign:
refund the guy and stop feeling bad!
End of!
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2020
FreakDesign:
refund the guy and stop feeling bad!
Refund ke? sad Na me hold him hand send moni to the girl? Even though I give am mumu advise, I no fit bit mumu enough to refund am especially as things dey go now. grin wink

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Exmilitant(m): 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
I adviced my elder brother to biuld a house on a swamp during dry season then the rain came, the house got flooded and the walls cracked... He hasn't spoken to me for over 12yrs now.... Many years ago, my cousin was offered two jobs, Mobil and Wilbros. He came for advice on the one to pick, i told him to go for Wilbros, he did and 2 months later, Wilbros left Nigeria. Its 15yrs now my cousin has never gotten a solid job.... Family members think me enemy of progress.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Samfloxin(m): 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
I no go leave that girl oo, she will pay back that money by hook or by crook

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Gentle0wavez: 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
I told him Forget having a girl friend, go to the brothel. Now I no dey go there again. The place no looks dirty in my eyes, the women now looks like albino rats in my eyes in fact the thought of going there alone now irritates me but he is still hooked, I no get mouth to re - advice am and the thing dey keep am broke. Imagine #5000 for one night. Chai God forbid.

Another one na when we small, I was in primary 2 then. E get one girl for primary 1 wey insult my class mate who was my friend, as him tell me na him I come dey ginger am " How you go let your junior insult you like that, girl for that matter, see make we wait for am if she come beat am well well, slap am kick am make she learn lesson " I can still remember her screams of pain, I can imagine if that guy sees me now after so many years.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Samfloxin(m): 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
I advised a friend that his brother wanted to send abroad to stay back here in Nigeria and complete his degree program in Unizik. We were in second year that time. Dude is now working and earning miserable 40 k. He is still blaming me till today. I know if he had travelled,he must have made it by now.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
Exmilitant:
I adviced my elder brother to biuld a house on a swamp during dry season then the rain came, the house got flooded and the walls cracked... He hasn't spoken to me for over 12yrs now.... Many years ago, my cousin was offered two jobs, Mobil and Wilbros. He came for advice on the one to pick, i told him to go for Wilbros, he did and 2 months later, Wilbros left Nigeria. Its 15yrs now my cousin has never gotten a solid job.... Family members think me enemy of progress.
This first one is highly doubtful. The second one is epic and really brutal. Your cousin would still be trying to forgive you
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by chinchonglee(m): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
trueguy573:
Mine was when my friend's girlfriend was pestering him for money for her house rent of #130,000. Actually he came to me for help. I was still naive at that time so I adviced him to simply give her the money since he was quite well to do as it wouldn't bring much harm doing so. "A man should be capable of supporting his woman in her time of need" I told him. Subsequently, he sent her the money and after 2 days, she told him she couldn't continue the relationship because he was just not her type. Apparently, my friend was adamant to end the relationship. But long story short, my friend is now single and broke. We met at a market two days after. He didn't even talk to me nor answer my greetings. I just kept quiet for peace to reign even though I felt sorry for him.
Over to you guys. What is the worst advice you've given or ever received from someone?
How do you know he is broke
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Gentle0wavez: 12:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
Exmilitant:

This one is very very strong.
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
Samfloxin:
I no go leave that girl oo, she will pay back that money by hook or by crook
As embarrassing as it is, my friend never got the money back but he didn't forget the lesson
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Exmilitant(m): 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
trueguy573:

This first one is highly doubtful. The second one is epic and really brutal. Your cousin would still be trying to forgive you
Why is the first one doubtful?
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
chinchonglee:

How do you know he is broke
Words my friend. He told me later.
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by BlackfireX: 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
I advised someone to vote APC / buhari for second time ..

If you ask the man who is the devil ehhhhh... Na me him go point.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
Samfloxin:
I advised a friend that his brother wanted to send abroad to stay back here in Nigeria and complete his degree program in Unizik. We were in second year that time. Dude is now working and earning miserable 40 k. He is still blaming me till today. I know if he had travelled,he must have made it by now.
You can't guarantee that last sentence
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
BlackfireX:
I advised someone to vote APC / buhari for second time ..

If you ask the man who is the devil ehhhhh... Na me him go point.
You deserve to be hanged, then flogged and hanged again. You're among the people who made APC to be punishing us like this. Meanwhile say amen to the prayer below.

"May sense locate your head today"

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
Exmilitant:
Why is the first one doubtful?
What sane man would erect his house in a swamp? The impact of its fall would be too heartbreaking. That one mumu no get part two.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Lagos...

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Samfloxin(m): 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
trueguy573:
You can't guarantee that last sentence
There is high propensity that it can be achievable
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by nuelsam: 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
Exmilitant:
systematically...you are
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
He should fvck his girlfriend that comes visiting him almost on a daily basis
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Torie8(f): 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
trueguy573:

Refund ke? sad Na me hold him hand send moni to the girl? Even though I give am mumu advise, I no fit bit mumu enough to refund am especially as things dey go now. grin wink
You are a wicked guy. Do you know why?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
Torie8:

You are a wicked guy. Do you know why?
I acted out of ignorance and gullibility. The past should be in the past. We shouldn't reopen healed wounds
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 30, 2020
Told my friend to give his hoe of a girl a second chance and he gleefully did like a son would heed to his father's advice.
Long story short we are now enemies sad

Moral: Stay away from hoes any day any time, and watch your life blossom

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Benlivingstone1: 1:15pm On Jun 30, 2020
I only told my friend some scooping skills on how to scope a girl. To cut the story short he tried and she landed him a dirty slap Sha we're still friends
Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Drsnives(m): 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2020
Adviced my friend who won 500k in merrybet to restake the whole money on 2 odds. last last the game cast. no be small fight for unizik junction that year oo

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
I adviced someone to smoke Az...
it ended in tears

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Advice You've Ever Given Someone? by Gentle0wavez: 2:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
Drsnives:
Adviced my friend who won 500k in merrybet to restake the whole money on 2 odds. last last the game cast. no be small fight for unizik junction that year oo

Jesus Christ

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leaked ‘atopa’ Video Of A Manager & His Co-worker Surface Online / Have You Ever Saved Anyone? / Ama Dufie Is The Curvy Police Woman That Is Causing Commotion On The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.