Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport (96164 Views)

JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) / My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria / UK Based Zimbabwean Slay Queen Begs For Money Online To Renew Her Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by Yankee101: 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
All these small boys and girls doing, hailing, or encouraging yahoo yahoo should continue.

They are the biggest losers

Some of us have been blessed already. What have you benefited, what change have you brought about in people's lives wey you go dey support yahoo yahoo?

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by Bar1941(m): 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
When the foolish Reno Omokri stated Hushpuppi is better than Buhari in a post on this medium yesterday, this and related issues were the reason I called him (Reno) an idiot, but some foolish toddlers who had never been out of the shore of the country or do any meaningful business online keep quoting me negatively.

Buhari's government might have failed many of us in some areas truly, but for someone to have come online to make a statement that cyber crimes commited by Hushpuppi is far lesser than Buhari's appeared irresponsible and I viewed it as an encouragement to other cyber criminals.

Buhari is a political office holder as well as ex president Jonathan whom Reno served under, if you want to gain any political point from your opponent, not on sensitive matter like that of Hushpuppi.

Our image is seriously dented due to cyber fraud internationally and just aftet Hushpuppi's scenario, thousands of Nigerians had in one way or the other further suffered unjustifiably from his fraudulent act, any irresponsible statement that portrays us as people in support of cybercrime (like the one Reno issued) is uncalled for and must be condemned in its totality.

4 Likes

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by xandy84: 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
OP is raising false alarm. I used my CC to pay UK Visa fee and it was rejected. I had to call my bank to authorize the payment before It was allow to go thru. Most bank will reject international transaction if said account does not do international transaction foro security purposes.

dtsfynest:
Nothing strange here other than the merchant informing you that some international credit card companies "might" decline use of their credit cards on some Nigerian merchant sites. Just the way some Nigerian bank debit and credit cards dont work on some FX/ crypto currency trading sites. Asides that, some Nigerian merchants and especially this site may generally prefer debit card payments especially to counter cases of charge backs and stories associated with Credit cards.

Like I said. Nothing strange here. (Edited for those quoting me)
In many international merchant sites not even Nigerian, you may have to call your bank to allow the credit card payment through.
Only difference here is the merchant (Nigerian immigrations) is giving you a heads up that it may not work.

Not all CCs automatically work on all merchant sites. It has nothing to do with Nigeria or what not.
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by SKhanmi: 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
ChoCho54:
. .Rochas comes to mind.

Imo people voted for him on the strength of what you wrote, but what did they get?

The guy went ballistic, Looting everything in sight and was in a fierce battle with those who tried to stop him.

Read through what I wrote again. It's a mindset thing & such people are few in africa. Rochas nor buhari obviously won't qualify in the first place.
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by StreetFight: 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Shedrack777:
vote me or any young man below the age of 40years as the next president come 2023 and nigeria will turn around for good

Young men like Dino Melaye or Yahaya Bello? No way, I won't vote anybody less than 55 years

1 Like

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
seanwilliam:
how sure are you concerning the bolded
I’ve seen your comments glorifying fraud on hushpuppi threads so I’m not surprised.
I’d be glad if you can prove that Venezuelans and Zimbabweans go about defrauding innocent foreigners anyhow because of the bad governance in their country.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
hammed71:
the problem is most of these voters who mostly live in the rural areas and who are mostly illiterates don't know these guys(sowore and co).
I just hope things don't get out of hand for us nigerians in the next few years, before e happen sef I for don japa.

japa after voting APC abi?

YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNA GO ENJOIN APC TO THE FULLEST
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
We should expect this for 2 reasons.

1- fraudulent cases linked to Nigerian citizens in recent ti.es

2- forex reconciliation between cbn and foreign banks is pretty hard now. Forex is scarce due to the fall in the price per barrel of crude. I still don't understand how we would handle spending overseas when travel restriction is finally lifted. We have encountered this before but overcame it...we will overcome it this time too by God's grace. Our government should do the right thing too and everything would be alright. The future of our youths is in the hands of God.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by tot(f): 10:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
Elder0001:

I’ve seen your comments glorifying fraud on hushpuppi threads so I’m not surprised.
I’d be glad if you can prove that Venezuelans and Zimbabweans go about defrauding innocent foreigners anyhow because of the bad governance in their country.

Even their consciences condemn them, that is why they are constantly trying to rewrite the narrative but the unchangeable FACT remains that a fraudster = armed robber = criminal = common thief.

It's not hustling but theft. Eod.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by economia1: 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
HappyCanadian:
Fellow Nigerians.. Things are getting messier and more serious.. I tried renewing my passport now but to my greatest surprise this is the message I saw about Nigerian applicants using Credit Card for payment. What is really going on?.. do they take every Nigerian to be a fraudster or what?.. I am not understanding!.. pls who can give a clearer explanation for the reason behind this instruction?? For better understanding read the part with the blue highlight..

We need to save this country make una come to the rescue of Nigeria.. we are finished internationally cry
Say you are finished.
When you procured the passport and it went through one hand did you say my blessed county is blessed.

Now you have traveled abroad so many times answering a Nigerian you never thank God that there is a country. If no that Nigeria is generous which country wound have given you his passport. Now you are finished because it didn't work for you like before.

Everybody must come out and resque Nigeria just because of only you

You people traveled out to spoil Nigeria's name
By frauding and recless life style then come here online to disturb us
You are finished.

This are people who voted APC in and traveled to a contry that voted republican, small thing they say APC in diaspora

1 Like

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
If you want to renew your passport just go there your self, they don't even trust their citizen because of Yahoo boys..
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by ChoCho54(f): 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
SKhanmi:

Read through what I wrote again. It's a mindset thing & such people are few in africa. Rochas nor buhari obviously won't qualify in the first place.
. And I'm telling you the system as presently constituted would make a saint fail. Until system is overhauled...

1 Like

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by ogbonti: 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
the other day a guy here on nairaland was making a hero out of hushpuppi and i was amazed that he got almost 200 likes - those are Nigerians who likes what he said - they liked that he wants them to continue from where he stopped, and When i offered a rebuttal that Hushpuppi’s fraud activities will make our people poorer because it will reduce the trust index for our people to succeed in online business - no one seem to care - so let us live with the consequences

shay Hushpuppi na una hero - keep glorying him and let yahoo boys take every Nigerian to the stone age when cash alone and money order was used to transact business because no one can trust a Nigerian not to abuse the electronic payment system

una well done ooo

4 Likes

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by tot(f): 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:

You will keep on crying. Yahoo will continue.

Use this same energy you have against innocent YahooBoys, hit the streets and protest against bad governance.

Leave yahoo boys alone, they are not the cause of your problems.

Shut up. Criminal and thief. You can never end well cos the blood of those whose SAVINGS and PENSIONS you have STOLEN is on your head #Fact

4 Likes

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by ChoCho54(f): 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
economia1:

Say you are finished.
When you procured the passport and it went through one hand did you say my blessed county is blessed.

Now you have traveled abroad so many times answering a Nigerian you never thank God that there is a country. If no that Nigeria is generous which country wound have given you his passport. Now you are finished because it didn't work for you like before.

Everybody must come out and resque Nigeria just because of only you
Did I just read this,?

1 Like

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
xandy84:
OP is raising false alarm. I used my CC to pay UK Visa fee and it was rejected. I had to call my bank to authorize the payment before It was allow to go thru. Most bank will reject international transaction if said account does not do international transaction foro security purposes.
Everybody wants to create topic these days

1 Like

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by seanwilliam(m): 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
Elder0001:

Elder0001, I have known you from time immemorial....and I hold u in high esteem as per your sense of reasoning and contribution on nairaland...

You attacked me by saying I'm glorifying scam, I no vex...

I simply asked you to prove it if scam is only Nigeria thing..I asked how sure are you .. now you throwing back the question to me. This clearly shows you are not sure of what you posted..

Your use of "anyhow" as bolded means those countries scam too.. but the reason for that is what neither me nor you are sure of..
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by HappyCanadian: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
kunle75:

Please which part of the world are you doing this from? Am not in naija but I don't know if it affects people in diaspora too?

CAN
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by TimeTraveler369: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
dtsfynest:
Nothing strange here other than the merchant informing you that some international credit card companies "might" decline use of their credit cards on some Nigerian merchant sites. Just the way some Nigerian bank debit and credit cards dont work on some FX/ crypto currency trading sites. Asides that, some Nigerian merchants and especially this site may generally prefer debit card payments especially to counter cases of charge backs and stories associated with Credit cards.

In many international merchant sites not even Nigerian, you may have to call your bank to allow the credit card payment through.
Only difference here is the merchant (Nigerian immigrations) is giving you a heads up that it may not work.

Not all CCs automatically work on all merchant sites. It has nothing to do with Nigeria or what not.

You seem to know a lot about credit card processing systems grin

1 Like

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by AreaFada2: 10:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nicklaus619:
I don't in anyway supporting fraud but Nigerians ain't the worst people when it comes to this aspect.

Jeez, this is madness, the funny thing is, the so called yahoo guys that claim they are Nigerians don't even know how to do the fraud, I have read about Russians, Chinese and American big shots that are fraudsters and never get caught. All these mumu yahoo guys from Nigeria, ones they begin get money, they begin to flaunt it in the internet. How stupid

But these scammers has so demmed our name and drag it on the floor all over the world, if something isn't done before the next decade Nigerians might not be even allowed to enter any foreign country as they painted us with very unpleasant colour cry

Correct. 9ja scammers wanna be are just boastful braggadocio noise makers.

In 9ja everybody just rushes into anything that brings money. No diligence, no expertise, no patience. Be it politics or yahoo.

Other people have been on it for decades, they chop clean mouth and make innocent eye.

To those other people, authorities pursuing 9ja people is a blessing to them. They can jeje do their job without suspicion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by Kissiemu(m): 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
dtsfynest:

Nna men!

I like your comment. Do you work in bank?

Nna men!
Just tell me your address let me send you one asa nwa..

I like intelligent guys... Nna men!
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by HappyCanadian: 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
oluwatosink:

Do you live in Lagos or Ogun?
Send an email message to me or you call or text this number . 07011863207.. renewing your passport will cost you 45000 naira only with quick processing.
I don't live in Nigeria
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by Deltayankeeboi: 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
OK
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by delishpot: 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
Dem never show una pepper. Our foolish youths should keep on seeing huspupi and other criminals as role models and aspire to be like them.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by stevups(m): 10:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
dtsfynest:

Good of you
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by Goalnaldo(m): 10:38pm On Jul 05, 2020
Coldie:
Lately on twitter I had to change my location from Nigeria to worldwide, if u are having a sincere discussion with a foreigner once u mention Nigeria that discussion is over.

Politicians are scamming citizens, citizens are scamming foreigners, the non smart citizens are becoming armed robbers and kidnappers.

U dae your own, dae mind your business d country just dae spoil left right centre back yard everywhere.
I met one today. She's from Wales. Was surprised she still kept the discussion flowing when I told her I'm from Nigeria.
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by HappyCanadian: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
SmartPolician:

Try making online inquiries about overseas studies and see the response you will get

When I say that Nigeria is finished, I don't mince words
I know.. things are really getting messier
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by HappyCanadian: 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
redcliff:

sometimes everything should not be tendered on social media. just sort yourself and go...
If you watch the post u will notice I asked for clarification, which I have gotten some few
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by Mikeiron78(m): 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
That has been the practice for a while. I applied for the children's passports 2 years ago to visit Nigeria, we got the same message, but we had no problem because the name on the credit card corresponds with the names of the applicants.
Re: What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport by Kissiemu(m): 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
oluwatosink:

Do you live in Lagos or Ogun?
Send an email message to me or you call or text this number . 07011863207.. renewing your passport will cost you 45000 naira only with quick processing.
Nna men!

New one kwanu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Controls Traffic In Port Harcourt Under Heavy Rain (Photos) / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) / Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.