Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? (909 Views)

Nosy Neighbor Records The Moment Lady Begs As Strong Man Ch00ps Her (VIDEO) / My Neighbors Wife Is About To Push Me To The Wall. / How Do You Deal With A Breakup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2020
I'm an atheist, and I know most of my neighbors always wonder why I don't attend church on Sundays, but they don't ask, cos I always keep to myself. I don't relate with people in my area, apart from normal greetings.

But, the new area I moved to, there is this woman (old enough to be my mom) who I buy stuff from. She is very religeous, and I had been anticipating her asking me why I don't attend church for a while, so when I went to buy something from her this morning and she called me back when leaving, I already knew what she wanted to say. Normally, I would ignore such questions, cos I feel it is none of anybody's business, but because of her age, I just lied that I attend Winners but haven't been going because of Corona grin

Atheists in the house, how do you handle nosy neighbors that wonder about your religion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by blackpanthar: 11:05am On Jul 05, 2020
Biodun1929:
I'm an atheist, and I know most my neighbors always wonder why I don't attend church on Sundays, but they don't ask, cos I always keep to myself. I don't relate with people in my area, apart from normal greetings.

But, the new area I moved to, there is this woman (old enough to be my mom) who I buy stuff from. She is very religeous, and I had been anticipating her asking me why I don't attend church for a while, so when I went to buy something from her this morning and she called me back when leaving, I already knew what she wanted to say. Normally, I would ignore such questions, cos I feel it is none of anybody's business, but because of her age, I just liked that I attend Winners but haven't been going because of Corona grin

Atheists in the house, how do you handle nosy neighbors that wonder about your religion?

Keep up the lie then.... Carry Winners Chapel Stickers and play the Bishops Messages on sundays.... INCREASE THE VOLUME and tune the speakers to the window... so they can hear.... DO IT FOR THREE MONTHS... and it will end.

no one will disturb you again. (simple trick)

#Ifyouknowyouknow grin

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 05, 2020
This made me laugh,all atheists are always hiding but warriors online

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by yanabasee1(m): 11:09am On Jul 05, 2020
Why would anyone become an atheist??

Sha, me I believe in God and it's been ages I went to church tho.....

I don't give attention to people who wants to ask me questions about my religion.....

if they intrude way too much, I will just lie and tell them I do go to church and have them leave me alone....

One pastor did that, said he hasn't been seeing me go to church, told him I was just returning from church even, and I was on a very casual outfit where I went to get me some next cash and carry family loaf bread and juice....
He knew I was lying and since then, he stopped disturbing me....

1 Like

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by DMPaulSr: 11:10am On Jul 05, 2020
It's not easy oo..
The way people criticize me ehh...
BTW, i'm an apatheist.

I even had problem with some friends on my whatsapp sef.
They can't just mind their business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by lilmax(m): 11:12am On Jul 05, 2020
Is she in the shop 24 hrs a day?

How did she know you do not attend church?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by DMPaulSr: 11:12am On Jul 05, 2020

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by doggedfighter(f): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2020
Keep up the lie

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 11:18am On Jul 05, 2020
blackpanthar:

Keep up the lie then.... Carry Winners Chapel Stickers and play the Bishops Messages on sundays.... INCREASE THE VOLUME and tune the speakers to the window... so they can hear.... DO IT FOR THREE MONTHS... and it will end.

no one will disturb you again. (simple trick)

#Ifyouknowyouknow grin

Lol
Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by MJBOLT: 11:18am On Jul 05, 2020
all this fear fear atheists sef grin,I tell them i dont go to church undecided simple and short.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by DMPaulSr: 11:22am On Jul 05, 2020
MJBOLT:
all this fear fear atheists sef grin,I tell them i dont go to church undecided simple and short.

grin

It's not about telling them but the questions you'll be asked afterwards..
The matter tire me.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 11:23am On Jul 05, 2020
DMPaulSr:
It's not easy oo..
The way people criticize me ehh...
BTW, i'm an apatheist.

I even had problem with some friends on my whatsapp sef.
They can't just mind their business

Yeah, it is not easy. When I first got enlightened, I use to argue with friends about religion, and even argue with strangers online. But as the years pass, I just keep my thoughts on life to myself. I don't tell anyone about being atheist to avoid unnecessary arguments/long discussions. I remember in the beginning, one of my friends mother found out and this woman took it as a mission to turn me back to a Christian. Men! She tried....endless calls, messages and all. But she had to give up after like 6 months.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 11:26am On Jul 05, 2020
lilmax:
Is she in the shop 24 hrs a day?

How did she know you do not attend church?

The woman has sniper eyes. There are no fences in my area (new sight), just a row of bungalows. From her shop, she has a very clear of my two doors...front door and kitchen door, and she is always in her shop, looking around the area.
Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by MJBOLT: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2020
na the questions dey sweet me pass because my answers will leave them in shock and they wont even bother to ask again.

DMPaulSr:

grin

The matter tire me.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 11:31am On Jul 05, 2020
DMPaulSr:

Yep! People don't care if you do crazy things, as long as you go to church, you are covered. Lol. I remember one of my friends who I know has stabbed and maimed people before...he is one of the most gangster people I know. When he found out I was an atheist, this guy started fearing me. Lol! It was just funny. People just have that believe that if you are not religious, then you must be a devil worshiper. But they don't understand that I don't believe in the devil either.

4 Likes

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 11:33am On Jul 05, 2020
MJBOLT:

Yes, I do that too. But not to old school/elderly people. I guess it is just out of respect, because of can get very rude when people ask me questions like that...but not with an elderly woman.
Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2020
DMPaulSr:

grin

The matter tire me.

I swear. The endless questions.
Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by MJBOLT: 11:35am On Jul 05, 2020
not me,i tell it to everyone

Biodun1929:

Yes, I do that too. But not to old school/elderly people. I guess it is just out of respect, because of can get very rude when people ask me questions like that...but not with an elderly woman.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by DontBullshitMe: 11:39am On Jul 05, 2020
On my own part, I identify as a Christian but I don't subscribe to attendance of Sunday church service.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Professorcplus(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2020
yanabasee1 post=91398100:
Why would anyone become an atheist??

Sha, me I believe in God and it's been ages I went to church tho.....

I don't give attention to people who wants to ask me questions about my religion.....

if they intrude way too much, I will just lie and tell them I do go to church and have them leave me alone....

One pastor did that, said he hasn't been seeing me go to church, told him I was just returning from church even, and I was on a very casual outfit where I went to get me some next cash and carry family loaf bread and juice....
He knew I was lying and since then, he stopped disturbing me....
@Embolded you are also one if you have disbelief in other gods. For example, most Churches shade other traditional worshipers and their idols/gods because they don't share their beliefs. Same goes to you...

Let's turn the table around. Let assume you found yourself in a community where they worship the stars ( sun) but you felt secluded from their activities because you have unbelief in their sun God. You become an atheist in that community... Simple and short

1 Like

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
On my own part, I identify as a Christian but I don't subscribe to attendance of Sunday church service.

Cool. Honestly, I am thinking of starting to attend church again ...just once in a while...I will just see it as going for a motivational sermina.
Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by DontBullshitMe: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2020
Biodun1929:

Cool. Honestly, I am thinking of starting to attend church again ...just once in a while...I will just see it as going for a motivational sermina.
Another advantage you seem to have is that your name permits you to claim to be an adherent of the two major religions we have in Nigeria unless whoever that is asking you know some of your relatives and the religion they practice.

Ever thought about that? grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by yanabasee1(m): 11:52am On Jul 05, 2020
Professorcplus:

@Embolded you are also one if you have disbelief in other gods. For example, most Churches shade other traditional worshipers and their idols/gods because they don't share their beliefs. Same goes to you...

Let's turn the table around. Let assume you found yourself in a community where they worship the stars ( sun) but you felt secluded from their activities because you have unbelief in their sun God. You become an atheist in that community... Simple and short

You are wrong....

Atheist do not believe in the existence of God or gods or supernatural beings.....

From your analysis, you mean to say that Christians are atheist to Islam and likewise Islam are also atheist to Christianity?

If I find myself where people worship other gods, I could tell them that I have my own God that I worship, because I can't worship two gods.....
Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by keenn: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
Let's look at it critically, there is no reward for been truthful in telling people you are an atheist, rather we get chastised, castigated, hated, unfriend, infact u loose big time.

So what's basically the point of admitting to being an agnostic when I know it makes me at disadvantage.

I discovered people are uncomftanbke find u dangerous when u don't answer to any being, u have to believe something, anything.

So i say am a Christian and I attend winners. Everybody is happy.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
DontBullshitMe:

Another advantage you seem to have is that your name permits you to claim to be an adherent of the two major religions we have in Nigeria unless whoever that is asking you know some of your relatives and the religion they practice.

Ever thought about that? grin

Lol! You're right. Some think I am a Muslim cos my house is next to the mosque. There are no walls, so it is almost like I am the same compound with the mosque. So, some might think I am a Muslim....while the Muslims that know I ain't Muslim think I am a Christian. Lol
Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
keenn:
Let's look at it critically, there is no reward for been truthful in telling people you are an atheist, rather we get chastised, castigated, hated, unfriend, infact u loose big time.

So what's basically the point of admitting to being an agnostic when I know it makes me at disadvantage.

I discovered people are uncomftanbke find u dangerous when u don't answer to any being, u have to believe something, anything.

So i say am a Christian and I attend winners. Everybody is happy.

Yeah. Lol. We have the same mindset.
Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
MJBOLT:
not me,i tell it to everyone

Okay. I have a question for you. I don't know if you are married, but if you are not, are you going to tell your wife and her family members that you are an atheist?
Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by MJBOLT: 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
i'm not married grin this question get as e be grin

Biodun1929:

Okay. I have a question for you. I don't know if you are married, but if you are not, are you going to tell your wife and her family members that you are an atheist?
Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Biodun1929(m): 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
MJBOLT:
i'm not married grin this question get as e be grin

grin grin
Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Professorcplus(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
yanabasee1:

You are wrong....

Atheist do not believe in the existence of God or gods or supernatural beings.....

From your analysis, you mean to say that Christians are atheist to Islam and likewise Islam are also atheist to Christianity?

If I find myself where people worship other gods, I could tell them that I have my own God that I worship, because I can't worship two gods.....

I did not come to prove who's wrong or right. Point of correction @embolded, this is the definition of atheist from google
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
"he is a committed atheist"
synonyms: non-believer, non-theist, disbeliever, unbeliever, heretic, sceptic, doubter, doubting Thomas
So far as you disbelieve in other gods then you are atheist in that aspect. So I also have my own God I worship but the idea you gave your God is subjective and personal conviction nothing more. I hope you are enlighten a bit. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by Kobicove(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
Just ignore nosy neighnours

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, How Do You Deal With Nosy Neighbors Who Wonder About Your Religion? by BigDick70inch(m): 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
Rozz:
This made me laugh,all atheists are always hiding but warriors online

Lol..
Seconded..
Virtual atheist everywhere..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Go On With The Relationship , Is There No Problem With It ? / Feminists Are Lonely And Craving For Love / Video Of Couple ‘Eating’ Themselves In Public Surfaces Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.