Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

"Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? (35049 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by lexy2014: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

Seriously, I am not getting emotional. But you have taken to long to land or to make your point.

You keep asking questions like "who is a friend" that you should know. And the back and forth was beginning to make me dizzy.

There's nothing I said that I didn't understand. Point out one thing I said that I didn't understand.

What point are u referring to. An assertion is a point. Let me remind u again that I asked u questions. How can u then equate asking questions to making a point?

According to u:

"You keep asking questions like "who is a friend" that you should know."

Pls what is d topic of d thread? That in itself shows that u don't even understand urself

If u feeling dizzy, that's not my problem. Am sure u have a mattress. Pls make use of it.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by vickydevoka(m): 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
Marry ur beat friend is good wen u both share same Vision.
For Igbo land na who get money pass go marry gal way fine pass.

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Ishilove: 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
honest1480:
Marrying your friend means getting married to a lady or a man you both started without marriage intention at the initial point, but along the line you found that person to possess the qualities you desire in your future partner. It is not advisable to marry a stranger because the understanding you both need to live together as husband and wife might not be available. Meanwhile, to a greater extent, you understand your friend. I got married to my wife whom I met as a friend during our 200 level back then in Uniabuja. To the glory of God, we are living so happily as best of friends because we so much understand each other.
You try. So people should start tracing their old school mates and childhood friends to marry. You really try, oga relationship counselor.

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Ishilove: 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
joseph1832:
Lol. I'm waiting to have money like Dangote because there's "no romance without finance". grin
No need to have money like Dangote. Just pay my bride price and we will drink gari' together. Money is not everything cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Righteousness89(m): 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
Komu1048:

Please, help and explain further on how he show u, I’m seeking his face for a while now n I’m not seeing dream or speaking to me. Though he used to sometimes through dreams. And if u can help me with some scriptural passage to engage I will be very grateful

Brother the condition of your heart is important..
See Jere 29:13
Is God Almighty Your Choice or just a Choice..

Discuss with BABA just as you talk to your father.
Let HIM know that you Depend Absolutely on HIM. it is HIS Choice or nothing..

Live Right!
Pray the right prayers! And Believe what you pray!
John 14:13-14, Mark 9:23, Mark 11:24

Be sensitive to his leading..

He could talk to you audibly
He could reveal to you by dreams / Visions
He could give u signal through the Holy Spirit in you.

Keep your mind fertile for God.. in Righteousness and holy living..

Read your Bible daily: this is one of the seasons of revelation

Pray always and be sensitive, his voice can come anytime..

I have been privileged to Hear the Audible 3 times in my entire life.

Other times it comes through dreams/revelations

Other times through his spirit in me..

Being sensitive is key! The Holy Spirit is as his name is. He is Holy! He does Stand sin!

3 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by poweredcom(m): 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
I aint got friends I only got snitches around me

And hoes

What do I do
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ifko: 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
vickydevoka:
Marry ur beat friend is good wen u both share same Vision.
For Igbo land na who get money pass go marry gal way fine pass.
That s how one of my ogs go marry fine retired olosho
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by deltateam: 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

Please de-mobilize them cheesy

Buahaha. grin
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by millionboi(m): 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
Righteousness89:

If you claim God gave her to you, Go back to the God and tell him.

God I know Cannot direct you to her and you put you in a mess! It is impossible!!
is wrong 4u to conclude dat is not God or he never asked him.

Gods way is deep
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by deltateam: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2020
mrkings84:
My friend is my friend na...
Abi my friend na your friend??

On a serious note, the only advice I will give to couples or intending couples is, LOVE SOMEONE YOU MARRY, DONT MARRY SOMEONE YOU LOVE.

Don't be confused about that statement. It means, even if it's an unavoidable situation that made u both become husband and wife just love yourselves cos that's the only way your marriage can be successful.

Saying u should not marry someone u love doesn't mean u should marry someone u hate..NO, but u will agree many people were lusting cos of maybe the current qualities their spouses had then, so what happens when those qualities are no longer available Hatred sets in, and the family is torn apart.... Love your wife, love your husband!

So you feel like dribbling us with words and ended up scoring an own goal. Chei.

What you are saying you should not marry who you love but marry anyone and love the person, abi.

Don't you know some people are incapable of being loved? The more you love, the more they hate.

The man that got parted from his dick listened to your logic.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Grandlord: 4:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
gbolly1151:

Most Christian trust their pastor more than God
Oh man. Nigerian Christianity is a totally different ball game. Confident gullibility is a catastrophic fatality; To borrow from the script of the smooth-talking pastors. Amen cheesy grin

We no dey even discuss that one again. We just dey one side dey watch cheesy
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by icankel: 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
as I still de hustle u no go see any friend around na wen God don bless me u go see many friends around both male and female forming better friend. to me na just seek Gods direction then close one eye and take one person to d alter

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by niyidenrele: 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:
Falling in love with your friend is awesome and makes life and marriage easier.

I am a beneficiary of this cheesy
And if you don't have best friend from the opposite sex , what should you do ? Befriend them by force, mtchewwww
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Grandlord: 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
seanwilliam:
lol.. and I hate that shit ehn.. congregation go dey do hmmmm, hmmmmm.. ...

One motivational speaker posted the picture below on my whatsap.. I curse am ehn
Chai. Laff wan kee me guy. Even mama Okon wey na pidgin e take dey hold body like us so, dey follow nod cheesy

They're like "Subjugate to compensate in order to defecate, I say that again...sub-ju-gate to com-pen-sate in order to de-fe-cate" Then you'll see the people vigorously writing it in their jotters not knowing whether it makes sense or na their destiny dem dey curse cheesy grin

Walahi I dey laff like maniac. cheesy cheesy
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by afinotanjnr(m): 4:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
akaahs:
Ur friend in marriage is someone U have real affection, someone U re fond Of or U like, someone U have strong bond, someone that support and feel deep connection.
Summary ur friend is someone U can play, pray, or eat together.

Na real sense you make!!!!
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by iammolise(m): 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
joseph1832:
One would think they're promoting homosexuality. Lol. Then again, hardly have I seen a man having a woman as his best friend and hardly have I seen a woman having a man as her best friend.

True as fvck (thumbs-up)
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by millionboi(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ishilove:

No need to have money like Dangote. Just pay my bride price and we will drink gari' together. Money is not everything cheesy
hmmmmm

Finally u don tire to form virgin
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Ishilove: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
millionboi:
hmmmmm

Finally u don tire to form virgin
In your mind
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
niyidenrele:
And if you don't have best friend from the opposite sex , what should you do ? Befriend them by force, mtchewwww

I didn't have a best friend either. And it isn't mandatory to marry someone that has been your friend. You can build your relationship on friendship first.

2 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by vickydevoka(m): 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
ifko:

That s how one of my ogs go marry fine retired olosho
Igbo man way get shop no wan no whether u don do ashawo or not, Anambra man precisely. Watin him knw be say as money don de him go select de one way him want. De liky going for extremely fair ladies. Dem don marry our imo gals finish bcus of dere Color come leave for us de black ones make we manage. By de way human being na human being whether black lyk wande coal or Yello lyk phyno every body go still die
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by petitejolie(f): 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
delkuf:
I did, but what I am getting out of this marriage is killing me. I don't know if God really answered my prayer
in your church mind did u really listen to God?
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Swinger60(f): 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
All I know is that marriage is a long Journey and which is best done with your paddy, your day one nig..ger.

I am getting married to my bf of 3years, we have been through difficult times and good times. We fight, we make up.

I know my marriage will be fun and heaven on earth with him. So, help us God.

2 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by VirginFinder: 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
Righteousness89:

Brother the condition of your heart is important..
See Jere 29:13
Is God Almighty Yyour Cchoice or just a Cchoice..

Discuss with BABA just as you talk to your father.
Let HIM know that you Ddepend Aabsolutely on HIM. iIt is HIS Choice or nothing..

Live Rright!
Pray the right prayers! And Bbelieve what you pray!
John 14:13-14, Mark 9:23, Mark 11:24

Be sensitive to hHis leading..

He could talk to you audibly
He could reveal to you by dreams / Vvisions
He could give u signal through the Holy Spirit in you.

Keep your mind fertile for God.. in Rrighteousness and holy living..

Read your Bible daily: this is one of the seasons of revelation

Pray always and be sensitive, his voice can come anytime..

I have been privileged to Hhear the Aaudible 3 times in my entire life.

Other times it comes through dreams/revelations

Other times through hHis sSpirit in me..

Being sensitive is key! The Holy Spirit is as hHis nName is. He is Hholy! He does Sstand sin!

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ELibraryNG: 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
DelphiOracle:
what if u have a friend who is not well to do n u have a sincere admirer who is rich. Which one will you choose?

If u don't know FTC dey give joy.

You follow your heart and bear the consequences

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ELibraryNG: 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
wonder233:
Scam of the century: in Nigeria marriage is by criteria : especially religious, tribal and economic criteria. But we will be collectively deceiving ourselves with these hackneyed cliches "marry your friend".Mtcheeew

Sometimes, the friendship may fall within those criteria
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
niyidenrele:

I didn't have a best friend either. And it isn't mandatory to marry someone that has been your friend. You can build your relationship on friendship first.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by bizzibodi(m): 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
Is Anita not pastor Chris friend?is okotie not what her name friend?it is only marriage that are made in heaven that last,no perfect marriage anywhere no perfect couple...and there is a thin line btw love & hate.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ndcide(m): 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
Righteousness89:

Like I said, I told God in Prayers, that if I don't hear from Him, I would not get Married. And that was it. In fact marriage was not even on my mind..

Sometime in 2014, very early in the morning! I was still on bed and I heard Clearly, " You are Going to soooo"

The place I was told , I had nothing to do with the place.. there was no way I would go there ' nothing connected me there! But I know I heard Clearly! It was not a dream! Very Clear bold voice!

Now the problem I had was , how will get to this place?

Few months later, a friend called me one morning and asked me to come to his office, that he had something to show me!

In the course of checking out what he showed me, I got connected to a lady.

The Mystery there is that this lady is from the Country I was told..

It's a long story cos there were series of confirmations, series of battles but the will of God was finally done in 2017 on the exact day and date HE gave..

Send me a pm if u will, I will tell you ..

Okay that's interesting. You know sometimes we may feel we heard from God and then set out with such believe or in some Cases assumption and then meet with things that shouldn't be.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ndcide(m): 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
alramon:

any definition but not revealed

Does your definition mean "pursuing"?
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Righteousness89(m): 6:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
ndcide:

Okay that's interesting. You know sometimes we may feel we heard from God and then set out with such believe or in some Cases assumption and then meet with things that shouldn't be.

Hearing from GOD is not a feeling !

There is what u feel!

There is what u Hear
There is what u know!

2 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by kever: 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
alramon:

righteousness
the Bible says, "he who has found a wife has found a good thing and obtained favor from the Lord".. "found" not "revealed" open ur eyes b4 u pick, u will not see her in ur dreams believe me. Open ur eyes and pick and pray over the person u are choosing...

SUMMARY .........don't expect God to show u who to marry in ur dreams.....

Much respect for your comment. The key word "found" is just wonderful.

We always want to throw everything to God, without doing anything else.

I also believe that, look for someone who will compliment and complete you, then put it to God and let Him make a way.

Thanks for your wisdom.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by bukatyne(f): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
AfroKnight:

End of discussion grin

Abi na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Paralysed Stay-At-Home Husband Impregnates A Disabled Girl On His Street" / Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi / Woman Burnt Money Hidden Inside Laundry Basket By Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.